Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='mitch079']Drops have happened. I looked at some stuff last night and today on Google and prices have dropped.[/QUOTE]Ditto. Can't make it out today, but I'm in the same city as mitch and looking at google there were drops early this month unlike normal. I see new drops:

360 Singularity 7.97
Wii Zelda 12.97
360 Metro 12.97
DS Zelda 14.97
DS DQ 4 9.97
DS Ninja Gaiden 9.97
360 Band Hero Bundle 49.97
360 GH5 Guitar Bundle 29.97

among others.

:ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin $7.97
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $7.97
:wii: Dead Space: Extraction $9.99
:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $24.97
:wii: No More Heroes $9.99
:360: Devil May Cry 4 $14.97

I didn't get all of those, but that's what I remember.

Picked up a handful of games today, all had june tags on them:

PS3

Ratchet & Clank Crack in Time - $12.97
Kung fu Panda - $5.97
Alpha Protocol - $12.97
UP - $8.97

DS

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - $7.97
Trauma Center UTK 2 - $9.97

Wii

Boom Blox Bash Party - $6.97
Animal Crossing - $14.97

PSP

Jeanne D'Arc - $7.97

[quote name='jdawgg76']Ditto. Can't make it out today, but I'm in the same city as mitch and looking at google there were drops early this month unlike normal. I see new drops:

360 Singularity 7.97
Wii Zelda 12.97
360 Metro 12.97
DS Zelda 14.97
DS DQ 4 9.97
DS Ninja Gaiden 9.97
360 Band Hero Bundle 49.97
360 GH5 Guitar Bundle 29.97

among others.[/QUOTE]

For any of you on the fence with Singularity, I just finished it and loved it. Seemed to be a mix of Bioshock and Half Life 2, but I personally may have liked it better than both. Well worth it at that price for a different style FPS.

[quote name='nbballard']Thought i'd point this out - a few months ago, sears clearanced out a bunch of "Soundstage" blu-rays for .97.

Amazon has them listed with TIV starting at $5 and going up to $27 (Stevie Nicks). I'm sending one in this week, i'll keep you guys updated.[/QUOTE]

fuck! I bought bunches of these when I worked at Sears last year and they clearanced. It was the day before they went to zero so I picked them to give to people to show off their new HT systems and gave them all away.

Anyways, there shouldn't be any in Sears stores now unless they don't activate their PCNs, it must have been last May these went to zero.

[quote name='iso135']For any of you on the fence with Singularity, I just finished it and loved it. Seemed to be a mix of Bioshock and Half Life 2, but I personally may have liked it better than both. Well worth it at that price for a different style FPS.[/QUOTE]
I would say it's more a mix of Bioshock and Dead Space with the creature designs and personally I'm sick of the 'alien/zombie/mutated human' shooters.

I played it for about an hour or two the other night and while I do like some of the game I'll just finish it for the sake of finishing it but then it's going to a local shop for whatever they'll gimme for it.

To the CAGs who may have visited the Regency Sears in Richmond, VA: Do you all know where the clearance section might be?

I went over to the local Sears but I couldn't find any area in or near video games that might be for clearance.

My haul:

PSP:
Patapon 2 - .97

Wii:
Muramasa X2 - 4.97 each

PS3:
Green Day Rock Band - 2.97

Xbox 360:
Singularity - 7.98

Not too shabby.

Dang. I was THISCLOSE to going to Sears after work today to check clearance stuff but I decided not to go.
I guess I''ll swing by tomorrow and see if I can find anything good! :D

[quote name='typical guy']My haul:

PSP:
Patapon 2 - .97

Wii:
Muramasa X2 - 4.97 each

PS3:
Green Day Rock Band - 2.97

Xbox 360:
Singularity - 7.98

Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Did Muramasa have a UPC sticker covering the original UPC code? I saw it tonight with a value UPC sticker and prepriced at $14.99 and figured it wasn't on clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I guess I must be the only person who uses a controller till it finally breaks and THEN buys a new one.

[/QUOTE]

That's a bold statement to put on a website called Cheap Ass Gamer

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']That's a bold statement to put on a website called Cheap Ass Gamer[/QUOTE]
Oh don't get me wrong. If the silver Dual Shock 3's dropped to some insane amount like $10-15 each I'd buy up a shitload of spares to keep sealed in case I needed them.

But paying MSRP($54.99) for a replacement DS3 is NOT happening for me this gen unless it's absolutely necessary and people buying different colored ones just because, that's just insane to me. But if ya have the money to spare n wanna splurge, go right ahead.

Even then, I have a couple of those Rocketfish ones from Best Buy left over from when they clearanced them out to $10 each, so I'd probably use those if it came down to it BEFORE spending that much on an 'official' replacement.

The peripherals last gen and this gen have been way overpriced, if you ask me.

I love how my Sears has 60 gig 360 Hard Drives priced at 55 dollars when the thread states that

102909 ... 09.47 ... 49.97 ... Xbox 360 HDD 120gb < OMFG!

In 2009 the 120 GIG's dropped to 10 dollars. I would so buy a 10 dollar Hard Drive.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Did Muramasa have a UPC sticker covering the original UPC code? I saw it tonight with a value UPC sticker and prepriced at $14.99 and figured it wasn't on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the boxes now, no sticker over the UPC's.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would say it's more a mix of Bioshock and Dead Space with the creature designs and personally I'm sick of the 'alien/zombie/mutated human' shooters.

I played it for about an hour or two the other night and while I do like some of the game I'll just finish it for the sake of finishing it but then it's going to a local shop for whatever they'll gimme for it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, difference of opinion I guess. It got a metacritic average of 76. In my experience a lot of games in the 70-80 range are liked well by some, and disliked by others, hence the OK score.

I guess it is good for anyone buying it to see both sides of the picture here with this game.

[quote name='iso135']Eh, difference of opinion I guess. It got a metacritic average of 76. In my experience a lot of games in the 70-80 range are liked well by some, and disliked by others, hence the OK score.

I guess it is good for anyone buying it to see both sides of the picture here with this game.[/QUOTE]

Just chiming in on Singularity. It was one of those FPS's that made me nauseous. I'm not saying anything negative about the game substantively. I'm just offering a word of caution for people who have this problem from time to time. (like I do)

[quote name='iso135']Eh, difference of opinion I guess. It got a metacritic average of 76. In my experience a lot of games in the 70-80 range are liked well by some, and disliked by others, hence the OK score.

I guess it is good for anyone buying it to see both sides of the picture here with this game.[/QUOTE]
What makes me laugh is that I picked it up from a friend locally who picked it up from the Blockbuster BOGO rather than from Sears due to the disparity between prices on the different versions there now.:roll:

I believe the :360: is like $8, while the :ps3: version is $25 or so.:cry: At one point in time, both versions would've been on the same drop schedule.

As for the 'professional' review scores on games, I tend not to even pay attention to those most of the time, as I prefer to make my mind up on my own whether or not I like the game.

I've found myself really liking games that people reviled and hating games that people think is the greatest thing ever. What's funniest though is that I bitch n moan about companies doing the same tired storylines and types of games, yet all I play is GTA and tons of it. So yeah, maybe I shouldn't talk, huh?:whistle2:#

[quote name='bgame2']Just chiming in on Singularity. It was one of those FPS's that made me nauseous. I'm not saying anything negative about the game substantively. I'm just offering a word of caution for people who have this problem from time to time. (like I do)[/QUOTE]

Funny, some games give me motion sickness but this was not one of them.

I've played it for an hour or so and so far I'm really liking it.

[quote name='typical guy']Looking at the boxes now, no sticker over the UPC's.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sounds like the version I saw was not on clearance then

picked up some shovelware

greenday rockband 2.97 ps3
tomb raider underworld 3.97 x360
riddick 6.97 ps3
mercury meltdown revolution .97 wii
dragon quest sword 3.97 wii
ihome earbud 2.97 blue color
ihome keyboard with ipod dock 9.97 this one a keeper

:< I went to Sears and it was a poor experience.

The Persona 3 w/ Artbook from a while ago was shockingly on sale for 2dollars less. But games that were on pseudo clearance before were marked back up!

They had a Zelda Phantom Hourglass for 14.98 before. Same old thing was marked back up to 34.99! The old sticker was even underneath it. It was like that with a bunch of things, mainly the Professor Layton games and FF III.

I did find a decent sweatshirt on sale for 9.99 marked from 60.

its funny that when i use google shopping, these items not coming up for sears but for other retailers.

I looked and saw some games go back up. Any ds games on clearance?

No copies of ANY of the dropped games left at my closest store.:bomb: But I did see 2-3 different brand Blu-Ray players for between $70-90 on clearance(Samsung n Sony brands).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What Google price checker? I keep wondering what people are talking about, since I haven't seen anyone post this link as of yet.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Cheapest, go to google.com, then click on the shopping link. Then in that search bar, search for what you want. (e.g. singularity). Then click on your results, and go to the "Nearby Stores" Link. That should show you what price sears has it for. Make sure the zip code is accurate though.

[quote name='bgame2']Cheapest, go to google.com, then click on the shopping link. Then in that search bar, search for what you want. (e.g. singularity). Then click on your results, and go to the "Nearby Stores" Link. That should show you what price sears has it for. Make sure the zip code is accurate though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :D

[quote name='bgame2']Cheapest, go to google.com, then click on the shopping link. Then in that search bar, search for what you want. (e.g. singularity). Then click on your results, and go to the "Nearby Stores" Link. That should show you what price sears has it for. Make sure the zip code is accurate though.[/QUOTE]

Is that thing accurate?

I mean, I just saw Singularity for $8, and while I'd love to pick up the game at that price, I don't want to go there only to find out my Sears is incredibly slow and the game's still full price.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Is that thing accurate?

I mean, I just saw Singularity for $8, and while I'd love to pick up the game at that price, I don't want to go there only to find out my Sears is incredibly slow and the game's still full price.[/QUOTE]

I think it should be 100% accurate as far as the pricing is concerned, and quite accurate for availability (MUCH better than the target inventory locator lol). I could be wrong though, this is just based on my experience with it.

[quote name='shoe478']Depends on the definition of skyrocketing but I saw listings of $80+ for a new copy. Now you can get one for around $60. Before Portal 2 came out though, a new copy was around $40.[/QUOTE]

I have a brand new sealed 360 version of Orange Box that I have had for a while. What is it worth?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No copies of ANY of the dropped games left at my closest store.:bomb: But I did see 2-3 different brand Blu-Ray players for between $70-90 on clearance(Samsung n Sony brands).[/QUOTE]

Debating to wait or not to get a Blu Ray player. Cant wait for 4th July BBV Blu Ray sale.

Laguna Hills mall Sears.
Got the last Green Day Rock Band PS3 $2.97
and two DL vouchers for Patapon 2 for .97 ea
The look on the guy's face ringing it up was hilarious. As was the offer of 2 year protection for 45 cents.

[quote name='sunghost']I think it should be 100% accurate as far as the pricing is concerned, and quite accurate for availability (MUCH better than the target inventory locator lol). I could be wrong though, this is just based on my experience with it.[/QUOTE]

I think the accuracy of the inventory checker depends on the specific Sears store. My local Sears does a poor job on loss prevention. They have pricey games just lying around in the electronics section not within the glass cases. The last time I was there someone had stolen the game cart for some version of :ds: Nintendogs and left the case with manual on the shelf. So, this inventory checker doesn't account for stolen or maybe misplaced items.

[quote name='brianace']Laguna Hills mall Sears.
Got the last Green Day Rock Band PS3 $2.97
and two DL vouchers for Patapon 2 for .97 ea
The look on the guy's face ringing it up was hilarious. As was the offer of 2 year protection for 45 cents.[/QUOTE]

When I bought a game for $1.97 last year the cashier was trying to get me to buy the warranty for $0.30. He was saying how if the game breaks, I can get a giftcard for $1.97. Like I would actually go to the trouble of claiming a warranty for under $2.00.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']When I bought a game for $1.97 last year the cashier was trying to get me to buy the warranty for $0.30. He was saying how if the game breaks, I can get a giftcard for $1.97. Like I would actually go to the trouble of claiming a warranty for under $2.00.[/QUOTE]

They get reviewed based on shit like that. I probably would've bit just to make his day.

My haul from yesterday:

searswii.jpg

WarioWare Smooth Moves $12.97
Mario Strikers Charged $14.97
Punch-Out!! $13.97
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $12.97
Pokemon Battle Revolution $14.97
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $24.97

[quote name='fujimitsu']They get reviewed based on shit like that. I probably would've bit just to make his day.[/QUOTE]
They also get reviewed and/or reprimanded if you fill out those surveys listed on the receipt. So if an employee is a total dickweed to you, go online and fill out the survey and give the bastard all 1's.

I did that a while ago when a bunch of the tools working at a further off Sears basically ignored me and kept watching ESPN. Next time I was there they were all working diligently while being supervised by I'm guessing their manager. No watching ESPN while on the clock for them.

It's basically akin to doing those surveys on the Gamestop receipt, as they do get graded on those as well. Of course, with Gamestop you can just cancel a shitton of pre-orders with someone who was a dick to ya n that hurts their numbers.;)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']When I bought a game for $1.97 last year the cashier was trying to get me to buy the warranty for $0.30. He was saying how if the game breaks, I can get a giftcard for $1.97. Like I would actually go to the trouble of claiming a warranty for under $2.00.[/QUOTE]

OK! :applause: Now, $2.00 is a different story! :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What Google price checker? I keep wondering what people are talking about, since I haven't seen anyone post this link as of yet.:cry:[/QUOTE]I posted it in this very thread a couple months ago after I stumbled across it!

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Is that thing accurate?

I mean, I just saw Singularity for $8, and while I'd love to pick up the game at that price, I don't want to go there only to find out my Sears is incredibly slow and the game's still full price.[/QUOTE]So far so good for me. It's been very accurate with Sears and TRU for me so far as far as price and if it says in stock it's there. In stock has always lead to success, limited stock at TRU has meant no game so far except one time a lone RB3 was at the store while at sears I've found 1 copy of a game twice and none twice.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I posted it in this very thread a couple months ago after I stumbled across it!

So far so good for me. It's been very accurate with Sears and TRU for me so far as far as price and if it says in stock it's there. In stock has always lead to success, limited stock at TRU has meant no game so far except one time a lone RB3 was at the store while at sears I've found 1 copy of a game twice and none twice.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been checking Sears as of late since the clearance has become so YMMV and slow, so that's why I likely didn't see it.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I haven't been checking Sears as of late since the clearance has become so YMMV and slow, so that's why I likely didn't see it.;)[/QUOTE]What? You don't hang on every typed word of some random guy on the interwebs??? :D

Yeah, it was a few months back before Sears started to pick up a little. I stumbled across and used it to check on if drops occurred that week rather than going to the store since no substantial drops had happened or a bit.

Alpha Protocol 12.97, worth it? Any opinions out there?

[quote name='jdawgg76']What? You don't hang on every typed word of some random guy on the interwebs??? :D

Yeah, it was a few months back before Sears started to pick up a little. I stumbled across and used it to check on if drops occurred that week rather than going to the store since no substantial drops had happened or a bit.

Alpha Protocol 12.97, worth it? Any opinions out there?[/QUOTE]

I've never played alpha protocal but you can get it about that price on amazon.

bread's done
Back