Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

My Sears has Dead Space 2 LE in stock for 19.99. I am trying to figure out if I want it or not. I haven't played the first one yet.

By the way, has anyone checked out Kmart to see if they have a real clearance cycle going again? This is the third Sunday of the month which I believe is when they used to clearance stuff.

[quote name='typical guy']My Sears has Dead Space 2 LE in stock for 19.99. I am trying to figure out if I want it or not. I haven't played the first one yet.

By the way, has anyone checked out Kmart to see if they have a real clearance cycle going again? This is the third Sunday of the month which I believe is when they used to clearance stuff.[/QUOTE]
I believe the first or second post of the KmartGamer mega thread has a list of stuff that's on clearance there. Mostly stuff that's been $30 forever that's down to $20 this month(like :ps3:Oblivion GOTY), but as of now I don't think we're going to see any $3-4 games there.

I'm just glad that it seems like Sears has been allowed to go back to the old schedules and put shit down to really cheap prices. Some of these games I wouldn't try at $10-20, but for under $10 and some under $5 I'll take a chance on them.

I just wanted to add that I saw a PS2 Buzz Time trivia Robo something game w/buzzers today for a little under $6.00.

EDIT: Also got Guitar Hero Metallica for 360 @ $14.97.

[quote name='dabamus']Also, the PS2 Lego Batman bundle appears to be $80 on clearance at Sears.[/QUOTE]
Still not as good as the Toy Story 3 bundle I snagged from Target for $50.

But speaking of PS2's, the closest Sears to me has a couple vanilla systems buried in the PS3/PSP game case wayyyyy in the back. I'm gonna let em sit there n hope one of you guys say they're on clearance for X amount sometime soon, then I'll ask for a price check n grab a couple spares.;)

Picked up Raiden Fighter Aces (XB360 exclusive) for $9.97 today... Great price for a great collection of arcade classics.

Was $20 when released, but if you missed out on it... $10 is the lowest I've seen for a new copy. Another Sears had it listed at $8.97, but the dollar saved wouldn't have made up for the gas used.

I saw the PS2 Buzz robo triva game today at Sears for 9.99, I almost bought it and figured I could use the buzzers with other cheap buzz games from GS but it was the Jr. Edition and I don't have any kids to play it with so it would be pretty useless to me.

I went today, looking for that Mirror's Edge game. When I saw their clearance game prices, I L.M.F.A.O. They didn't have the game I went for, but I asked him if those were the correct 'clearance' prices and he said yes. I'm talkin', PS2 games for $20 and stuff like that. Don't remember, exactly. I laughed and said, ya'll will never sell those!

I did see a Wii on clearance for $129.xx with Wii Motion and controllers.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have you ever played WET? It's very stylized and Ruby does all sorts of John Woo Hong Kong-esque movie diving/rolling moves in the game.

It's a fun title, but only if you're a decent shot.:cry: I'm what you'd call a spray n prayer. I go through like 3 clips to kill a couple of enemies usually, unless I have a sniper rifle and a great hiding spot.;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I looked it up on YouTube. I will get that one!

sorry i invaded other CAG area . went to richmond ca and picked up a brand new MSI Netbook for only 55.97 than back track to fairfield and hoarded 10 sandisk mspd at 2.97 each and 2 ihome keyboard with ipod dock

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks! I looked it up on YouTube. I will get that one![/QUOTE]
Glad I could help. By the way, it's not with a female lead character, but another stylized HK-esque game is John Woo's Stranglehold.
[quote name='NipPicker']sorry i invaded other CAG area . went to richmond ca and picked up a brand new MSI Netbook for only 55.97 than back track to fairfield and hoarded 10 sandisk mspd at 2.97 each and 2 ihome keyboard with ipod dock[/QUOTE]
Wait. The netbooks are down to $56? :shock: I know what I'm looking for on my next trip to Sears.;)

You have a model # by any chance for it?

Wait. The netbooks are down to $56? :shock: I know what I'm looking for on my next trip to Sears.;)

You have a model # by any chance for it?[/QUOTE]

model # MSI U160- i dont remember my bro say he want it and took it ...
UPC # 816909070866 according to the reciept.

Thanks. Only the Kmarts where I'm headed today are showing them in stock. But I'll still take a look around the Sears stores I've had luck at with the clearance games recently.

If I find one it'll make for a nice present or most likely I'll use it myself.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Glad I could help. By the way, it's not with a female lead character, but another stylized HK-esque game is John Woo's Stranglehold.

You have a model # by any chance for it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think I'll pass on Stranglehold and search for that Netbook!:D

Alright, so who in Syracuse(NY) area stashed the copy of Brutal Legend that was at the Shoppingtown Mall in Dewitt so that even the employees can't find it?:bomb:

I went there today while out of town for work to buy it and it was MIA, even though the Google shopping thing says it's in stock there.:roll:

[quote name='Plantguy7']I got Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time for 12.xx the other day[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one here who likes ratchet and clank more than Mario right now ? Ratchet rules ! Atomic crotchitizer ftw Lol. enjoy crack in time as its arguably the best of the series or at least as good as up your arsenal imo

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I went today, looking for that Mirror's Edge game. When I saw their clearance game prices, I L.M.F.A.O. They didn't have the game I went for, but I asked him if those were the correct 'clearance' prices and he said yes. I'm talkin', PS2 games for $20 and stuff like that. Don't remember, exactly. I laughed and said, ya'll will never sell those!

I did see a Wii on clearance for $129.xx with Wii Motion and controllers.[/QUOTE]

I almost gave up looking for mirrors edge when I went but low and behold, a copy was sitting under a stack of singularity copies. Oh and I also had the same reaction you did when I saw the clearance prices lol.

At a sears I went to the other day, there was a manager telling an employee to push two items as on Thursday they'd be zero'd out of the system. One was some sort of HD blogging camera, the other was a red 12.1 mp camera, both were around $35-40

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']At a sears I went to the other day, there was a manager telling an employee to push two items as on Thursday they'd be zero'd out of the system. One was some sort of HD blogging camera, the other was a red 12.1 mp camera, both were around $35-40

Dave[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that 12.1 mp camera was a Sony cuz I saw one at the Sears I hit up yesterday marked $35 n change. But it was a display model and I don't know if I wanna take a chance with one of those.:whistle2:#

[quote name='NipPicker'].

You have a model # by any chance for it?

model # MSI U160- i dont remember my bro say he want it and took it ...
UPC # 816909070866 according to the reciept.[/QUOTE]
Called and checked online, seems this is no longer on clearance. Back to $300-$400. Sadness.

[quote name='gxer2002']picked up the wii motion plus for 9.xx[/QUOTE]
gxer, is this the new WiiMotes with the "motion plus" built in or the old attachments?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Am I the only one here who likes ratchet and clank more than Mario right now ? Ratchet rules ! Atomic crotchitizer ftw Lol. enjoy crack in time as its arguably the best of the series or at least as good as up your arsenal imo[/QUOTE]

It's my favorite series EVER. Mr. Zurkon FTW!

[quote name='Lupinlll']gxer, is this the new WiiMotes with the "motion plus" built in or the old attachments?[/QUOTE]

Probably the attachment for older Wiimotes.

Saw the old attachment for a little more money at my Sears. I'd get it if I ever find a cheap old model Wiimote. Also, saw a sign advertising white Wii models were about $130, while the black ones were $150. Figured the $130 one was the older Wii Sports only model.

I got two Wiimote Plus from Flingsmash and Wii Play Motion Plus and a third one that will come with my Wii. Is there any reason to own more than four Wiimotes/Wiimotes Plus?

Probably also look into buying different colored shells to replace the stock ones, just to customize each Wiimote.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']It's my favorite series EVER. Mr. Zurkon FTW![/QUOTE]

Ha, I always spam Mr zurkon cause he's awsome !

" yoohoo, Mr zurkon want to killllll you ! "
" Mr zurkon love to kill "

They should make a plushy with all his catch praises. My favorite moment from the series whas when ratchet dances to cortney gears video in up your arsenal lmao

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I went today, looking for that Mirror's Edge game. When I saw their clearance game prices, I L.M.F.A.O. They didn't have the game I went for, but I asked him if those were the correct 'clearance' prices and he said yes. I'm talkin', PS2 games for $20 and stuff like that. Don't remember, exactly. I laughed and said, ya'll will never sell those!

I did see a Wii on clearance for $129.xx with Wii Motion and controllers.[/QUOTE]

That's the way my Sears is. It's hilarous, some of those PS2/Wii games market value is not even $1, yet they still think they can get $20. It's mostly just junk anyway Meanwhile the games have been sitting there so long the shrinkwrap is falling off!!!

They did have a copy of Persona 3 for $29.99, that I was HOPING would eventually be $5 or something. One time I wanted to even talk to a manager about just giving me a reasonable deal, but no dice. I literally had my eye on it for 2 YEARS - it was like an obsession of mine (or a running joke) if this one copy of this one specific PS2 game would finally ever move off the shelf. It appeared somewhere in this thread that it was finally clearanced, and sadly when I made my last visit to Sears to hopefully pick it up for cheap it was FINALLY gone. I will assume whoever got it didn't actually pay $29.99 and instead got the clearance price - actually knowing the way these things work it was probably an employee that just scooped it up right there.

Found myself in Buena Park, CA today. Got Hot Shots Golf and Buzz! for the PSP, .97 and 1.97, respectively. This marks the sixth time this month I bought a game under three bucks. Sickness.

Think I'll pass on searching for Mirror's Edge. I don't like the fact that she's 'running away'. Someone mentioned 'Run Lola Run' on YouTube. Some kinda movie or something.

Ordered WET! Can't wait to get it! Heeeehawww!!!!!

[quote name='Agent Orange']That's the way my Sears is. It's hilarous, some of those PS2/Wii games market value is not even $1, yet they still think they can get $20. It's mostly just junk anyway Meanwhile the games have been sitting there so long the shrinkwrap is falling off!!!

[/QUOTE]

For some reason, if I see shrink wrap peeling or something, it gives me the creeps.

Now that I think about it, I think it's from those oven meals that require you to leave some of the plastic on. And, when it comes out, sometimes it's melted or whatever.

Umm.. Lol.. :bouncy::booty:

[quote name='Agent Orange']That's the way my Sears is. It's hilarous, some of those PS2/Wii games market value is not even $1, yet they still think they can get $20. It's mostly just junk anyway Meanwhile the games have been sitting there so long the shrinkwrap is falling off!!!

They did have a copy of Persona 3 for $29.99, that I was HOPING would eventually be $5 or something. One time I wanted to even talk to a manager about just giving me a reasonable deal, but no dice. I literally had my eye on it for 2 YEARS - it was like an obsession of mine (or a running joke) if this one copy of this one specific PS2 game would finally ever move off the shelf. It appeared somewhere in this thread that it was finally clearanced, and sadly when I made my last visit to Sears to hopefully pick it up for cheap it was FINALLY gone. I will assume whoever got it didn't actually pay $29.99 and instead got the clearance price - actually knowing the way these things work it was probably an employee that just scooped it up right there.[/QUOTE]

I saw the CE or special or whatever Persona 3 for 60 at sears around 2 months ago. They had 3 and I really doubt they will ever sell them at that price.

I can also say I dont the prices. I saw bayonetta today, but for 30... seriously?! Not even gamestop has it listed that high new XD

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Think I'll pass on searching for Mirror's Edge. I don't like the fact that she's 'running away'. Someone mentioned 'Run Lola Run' on YouTube. Some kinda movie or something.

Ordered WET! Can't wait to get it! Heeeehawww!!!!![/QUOTE]

Mirrors edge is so much better then wet. And run Lola run is f the greatest German movies ever made.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Think I'll pass on searching for Mirror's Edge. I don't like the fact that she's 'running away'. Someone mentioned 'Run Lola Run' on YouTube. Some kinda movie or something.

Ordered WET! Can't wait to get it! Heeeehawww!!!!![/QUOTE]

WET was fun the first time I played it. It was less fun the other times I had to play it to get the Platinum.

I stopped at a Sears out of town today when I was in the area for work and they had 13-14 of the 4gb Memory Stick Pro Duos. But the shelf was still marked $6.97 for them.

I went to another store or two in the area and was going to go back for a few of them, but I forgot. Oh well.

[quote name='kingsnuff']picked up metro 2033 for 12.97 first time ive seen it under $20[/QUOTE]

You lucky guy. I saw it for 19.99 at blockbuster used and I thought that was pretty good but after seeing your comment I'm very mad lol. I've been on the fence about thisbgame for over a year now and that price would have got me to buy it

I think the last 20 pages of this thread are nothing but people who never knew Sears had clearance coming in and posting "finds" we were picking up and posting about a year ago.

We're real happy about your $1 Patapon and Hot Shots Golf, and no, Persona still hasn't dropped since it was put in the bin in 2009, but any NEW finds would be greatly appreciated. :cold:

[quote name='sadakou']I think the last 20 pages of this thread are nothing but people who never knew Sears had clearance coming in and posting "finds" we were picking up and posting about a year ago.

We're real happy about your $1 Patapon and Hot Shots Golf, and no, Persona still hasn't dropped since it was put in the bin in 2009, but any NEW finds would be greatly appreciated. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Some people here might have known about these but others have not (newbies for example) don't forget the non members who check this place out as well

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I stopped at a Sears out of town today when I was in the area for work and they had 13-14 of the 4gb Memory Stick Pro Duos. But the shelf was still marked $6.97 for them.

I went to another store or two in the area and was going to go back for a few of them, but I forgot. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Try a price scanner? Could be mistagged, but since it was an out of town Sears, maybe it's not worth double checking.

And a side note, never use the red phones next to the scanners. At my barren Sears anyway, nobody ever came by to help me after they left my call on hold while the person on the other line was looking for someone to help me. And since nobody was working electronics that day (I wonder if anybody ever did...), I had to walk all the way to the front to customer service to find actual employees.

Question: Do mall store Sears carry video games? I do not recall ever seeing the Sears that was a department store at the local mall nor at a Sears in Canada having any electronics section. Seemed like tools and clothing from what I recall. I just vaguely remember one of the old Sears threads saying mall stores weren't worth checking, and so I never bothered with Sears clearances until recently since finding a non-mall store.

Alright. I'll give it another look sometime. I know Google Shopping shows they have some stuff, but we also know Google Shopping hasn't been 100% accurate either. Thanks.

Went to sears and saw something odd...

the only two copies of Mercury Meltdown Revolution had a special barcode sticker on the back over the shrink wrap covering the original barcode and another sticker on the top that said "14.99".

When I tried to scan it ...it came up as "Wii, Outpost game..14.99"

I found some other games that had similar stickers placed over the back barcodes and they rang up the game way...

thought about peeling off the sticker and scanning to original barcode to see if it would ring up .97 but I didn't want things to get awkward if I got caught doing it.

[quote name='josh62488']Went to sears and saw something odd...

the only two copies of Mercury Meltdown Revolution had a special barcode sticker on the back over the shrink wrap covering the original barcode and another sticker on the top that said "14.99".

When I tried to scan it ...it came up as "Wii, Outpost game..14.99"

I found some other games that had similar stickers placed over the back barcodes and they rang up the game way...

thought about peeling off the sticker and scanning to original barcode to see if it would ring up .97 but I didn't want things to get awkward if I got caught doing it.[/QUOTE]

Good decision. While it seems somewhat innocent, it's actually a type of fraud. (Just like changing price stickers on items in the pre-barcode era).

bread's done
Back