Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='sadakou']Here's hoping the prices continue to drop in huge chunks now (like they did from $15 to $5 this month) so that this remains a battle between good (CAGs that PLAY games) and evil (CAGs that HOARD/FLIP games) without having to worry about casual weekend shoppers pillaging the battlefield in between.

:boxing:[/QUOTE]
I blame soccer moms and employees in the know for the lack of deals sometimes. You'd be surprised what a store employee knows(like how many times they dropped that $1500 tv you're buying with no extended warranty between taking it off the truck in the back and when you finally bought it:razz:) and could tell you if you get chummy enough.:D

Seriously though, the blaming of some imaginary flipper/hoarder for you not getting games you feel entitled to(retail stores are first come first served) is getting old in every thread I read it in.

Next thing ya know you'll be telling me that rock n roll is the devil's music.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, noobs are ruining this for everyone. Only CAGs that have joined by 2005 should have access to these threads.

Excuse me sir, do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yes, noobs are ruining this for everyone. Only CAGs that have joined by 2005 should have access to these threads.

Excuse me sir, do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?[/QUOTE]
:lol: I've seriously seen soccer moms with like 4-5 lil brats in tow clear out an endcap at Target on a Saturday afternoon because the 'games are cheap'(10-15% off:roll:).

So they're really as much to blame as 'El Hoardo'.

Either way, I just get a laugh outta the people who parrot the same stuff about the eeevil 'flippers/hoarders'. It's comical.

I'm starting to agree with Confoosious bout people wearing tin foil hats on here.:lol:;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I've seriously seen soccer moms with like 4-5 lil brats in tow clear out an endcap at Target on a Saturday afternoon because the 'games are cheap'(10-15% off:roll:).

So they're really as much to blame as 'El Hoardo'.

Either way, I just get a laugh outta the people who parrot the same stuff about the eeevil 'flippers/hoarders'. It's comical.

I'm starting to agree with Confoosious bout people wearing tin foil hats on here.:lol:;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed on this. I see as many Soccermoms who have no idea on what MSRP is as i do Hoarders clearing out good deals.

Though, it is starting to get a bit annoying with how many good deals lately have been ruined by the amount of hoarding/shadiness.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed on this. I see as many Soccermoms who have no idea on what MSRP is as i do Hoarders clearing out good deals.

Though, it is starting to get a bit annoying with how many good deals lately have been ruined by the amount of hoarding/shadiness.[/QUOTE]
You mean like the EA deals? I was shocked I got in on the one last night for Bulletstorm. I missed like 2-3 for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate and that kinda annoyed me.

I keep talking about my backlog I have, yet I keep adding to it.:lol: I swear, I think being on CAG is a sickness at times.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean like the EA deals? I was shocked I got in on the one last night for Bulletstorm. I missed like 2-3 for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate and that kinda annoyed me.

I keep talking about my backlog I have, yet I keep adding to it.:lol: I swear, I think being on CAG is a sickness at times.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah i always miss those,also a few others i wish i could have gotten in on. (Like Borderlands GOTY).

And yeah, my backlog is so big its not even funny. (I literally have like 5 brand new unopened games sitting on my shelf, not including all of the games that have been building up over the past year

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How do you know it's not some employee or regular customers grabbing stuff?[/QUOTE]

A lot of times it seems to be the employees (not that I have a problem with that). When I bought the Lego Batman PS2 Bundle 2 days ago, when I was being rung up for it, the other employee who happened to be there said right away if they had known it was so cheap they would have bought it for themselves. I have also run into some employees who say they are going to buy the cheap games to trade to GS or sell on EBay after they see how cheap some of the games I am buying are.

I still remember 2 years ago I think when the Guitar Hero Bundles were $4.97 - $7.97. I bought 4 of them for extra guitars (they had at least 12 out and they don't last too long when you have friends playing Rock Band all the time). As soon as the employees in electronics saw what they were ringing up for it was like a mad frenzy. They ran to grab the rest for themselves and other employees and went to the back and came out with at least another 10 bundles from the back room all reserved for employees. If someone had known they had over 20 bundles in stock and then saw they were completely sold out, it would have looked like a hoarder.

And here, the biggest hoarders ARE probally the employees. I pretty much stopped looking for clearance stuff at Target's because im 99% sure the Electronic's employee is either a reseller or an SD.

He actually admits to some of the stuff he hides in the backrooms

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:roll: Seriously? Are you there when these magical 'hoarders/flippers' come in? How do you know it's not some employee or regular customers grabbing stuff? Moreover, what makes you so entitled to the games?

Retail stores are first come, first served. So if you decide to wait till the weekend after a price drop or sale is reported, don't expect your fellow gamers and other shoppers to be kind enough to 'save you one'.[/QUOTE]

I figured one of CAGs loudest hoarders would leap to the defensive on this.:roll:

Am I there when the hoarders are there? Rarely (at other retail chains as well); however, it does happen. But the original statement wasn't a personal complaint. I managed to nab what games I wanted to play the day the drops happen because I know better. Hell, employees actually deserve first dibs more than anyone else because working retail sucks. It isn't something I would ever want to go back to. I was simply reflecting on the current state of CAG compared to a few years ago.

You can jump on the Confoosious train and go on and on about tinfoil hats all you want, but you would have to be completely delusional to deny that every thread here lately, this one included, has more people boasting on how many copies of a game/memory card/etc they managed to snag rather than what new item to keep an eye out for.

I simply hope Sears clearance doesn't go the way of other clearance stores/threads around here so people looking for games to play can do so before the gypsies who use video games as an alternate form of currency nab them all up.

:grouphug:

[quote name='dgwillia006']And here, the biggest hoarders ARE probally the employees. I pretty much stopped looking for clearance stuff at Target's because im 99% sure the Electronic's employee is either a reseller or an SD.

He actually admits to some of the stuff he hides in the backrooms[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago I was picking up a few clearance items at Target and the lady ringing me up in electronics pauses and says to a young guy also in electronics "there's a game in the bag drawer". I guess it's a perk of the job but he apparently doesn't hoard because there is always a decent selection at that store. I can see it being a problem in more populated areas though.

Got:
:ds:Professor Layton: Curious Village $5.97
:ps2:Katamari Damacy $2.97
:ps3:Brutal Legend $1.97
:ps3:Rouge Warrior $3.97
:ps3:Dark Void $3.97
:360:Metro 2033 $9.97

other games I saw but didn't buy
:ds:Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 $5.97
:ds:Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $5.97
:ds:LoZelda: Phantom Hourglass $7.97
:ds:Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword $7.97
:ps3:NHL 10 $4.97
:psp:Tekken 6 $5.97
Singularity and Alpha Protocol $9.97 (Pretty sure for :360:+:ps3:)
Alien vs Predator $14.97 (Pretty sure for :360:+:ps3:)

I swear I saw someone post about how they were looking for layton and I don't own a :ds: so I am looking to trade this game. I wanted Persona 3 but couldn't find it. Anyways I got an :lol: from that good vs bad cag comment. I guess I'm good then bad because I buy the game to play it and flip it after I beat it. But for these prices I'm pretty sure I would just keep them.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']

I swear I saw someone post about how they were looking for layton and I don't own a :ds: so I am looking to trade this game. I wanted Persona 3 but couldn't find it. Anyways I got an :lol: from that good vs bad cag comment. I guess I'm good then bad because I buy the game to play it and flip it after I beat it.[/QUOTE]

You can never sell your games or else bear the mark of a flipper.

/Repent!

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Got:

:ds:LoZelda: Spirit Tracks $7.97

Anyways I got an :lol: from that good vs bad cag comment. I guess I'm good then bad because I buy the game to play it and flip it after I beat it.[/QUOTE]

Phantom Hourglass*

It's not the act of flipping that is evil, especially if its a game you played.

It's the act of buying 10 copies of 1 game, not playing any of them, then using them as shiny plastic disc currency so you can buy ONE other game to play for yourself that is evil. Smart, maybe, but still a dick move.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Got:
I swear I saw someone post about how they were looking for layton and I don't own a :ds: so I am looking to trade this game. I wanted Persona 3 but couldn't find it. Anyways I got an :lol: from that good vs bad cag comment. I guess I'm good then bad because I buy the game to play it and flip it after I beat it. But for these prices I'm pretty sure I would just keep them.[/QUOTE]

Ha, same here. I traded in R&C:ACIT a while back without finishing it, so I got it tonight for 5.97, Finished it and was shocked to see that GS is trading it for 8.00+40% coupon. I'll trade it in tomorrow, but I suppose I'm a good guy for not going back and getting the other 4 copies to trade.

Can anyone comment on Guitar Hero 5 for 14.99? Any good? I wish it was a little less, as I havent played a Guitar Hero since GH2, but I love getting a huge box for 14.99 ha.

I got a wii fit balance board battery pack for my mom for 1.97

Singularity at 9.97 worth it adding to my backlog?? Can't quite pull the trigger

They also had 3.97 3 month xbox live cards on google, but no one could find them at the store (didn't want to help after scanning 10+ games for me and I only got 2)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its ok, assuming your a fan. Personally got the Guitar/Game bundle at a Best Buy when they went on sale for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

Not that I want to flip, but it just sucks buying something that even GS won't take as a trade in. It just seems like a huge red flag as not to buy anything GH anymore. wanted the band hero, but they were still 149, except the ps2 at 19.97. Stupid Sears

guys...If you buy non-sealed game from sears. need to check inside..

i bought DQ iv it was not sealed...didnt even know! because im so happy that moment.... i got home now.. everythin fine.. but game is not inside..

[quote name='cshamilton']Not that I want to flip, but it just sucks buying something that even GS won't take as a trade in. It just seems like a huge red flag as not to buy anything GH anymore. wanted the band hero, but they were still 149, except the ps2 at 19.97. Stupid Sears[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i can understand that. Though, over the years i have slowly been building up Guitar Hero stuff while it was on the cheap. (like the 9.99 Drum Set from Walmart, or getting Aerosmith/Guitar for 20$ not to long after launch). Just recently came across Lego Rock band and Rock Band 3 for 3.49 each.

[quote name='onyzukae']guys...If you buy non-sealed game from sears. need to check inside..

i bought DQ iv it was not sealed...didnt even know! because im so happy that moment.... i got home now.. everythin fine.. but game is not inside..[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone helped themselves to your game. fucking theives

I ALWAYS check my games before i leave the store. Nothing is more annoying than realizing something is missing, and having the employee think your the one that took it.

Yeah one time I bought a used game at GS at like 8:55 (closing in 5 minutes) and the girl at the counter didn't put the disk in the case. It just so happened that I was passing through and wasn't going back (65 miles away) any time soon. When I got home I could have ripped my hair out. My local GS actually took care of me, and got the other one to mail the disk.

[quote name='cshamilton']
Singularity at 9.97 worth it adding to my backlog?? Can't quite pull the trigger
[/QUOTE]

To add to the backlog I would go with no. The game is kinda dull and I seen a bunch of them at sears I would buy it to beat it and flip it while it's still worth something otherwise I would wait for it to drop further. I'll probably pull the trigger when it gets to the $6 range

[quote name='sadakou']I figured one of CAGs loudest hoarders would leap to the defensive on this.:roll:

Am I there when the hoarders are there? Rarely (at other retail chains as well); however, it does happen. But the original statement wasn't a personal complaint. I managed to nab what games I wanted to play the day the drops happen because I know better. Hell, employees actually deserve first dibs more than anyone else because working retail sucks. It isn't something I would ever want to go back to. I was simply reflecting on the current state of CAG compared to a few years ago.

You can jump on the Confoosious train and go on and on about tinfoil hats all you want, but you would have to be completely delusional to deny that every thread here lately, this one included, has more people boasting on how many copies of a game/memory card/etc they managed to snag rather than what new item to keep an eye out for.

I simply hope Sears clearance doesn't go the way of other clearance stores/threads around here so people looking for games to play can do so before the gypsies who use video games as an alternate form of currency nab them all up.

:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
Actually that's reformed hoarder, thank you very much.:razz:;) I only grab what I want to play anymore. The only time I've gone back to my old ways was last fall when there were copies of :ps3:Uncharted at TRU for $7 each and very few CAG's could find them at their stores. I sent out many copies for cost + shipping.

Thing is, I've tried reporting on new items I may have found on clearance in the past. At the rate some of the threads move they tend to get lost in the shuffle or people chime in with the usual smarmy responses. So after a while you just stop reporting new items you might find and hope someone else found the same ones to report.

As for employees deserving first crack, the ones who are actually helpful certainly deserve to grab everything if they really want to. But the ones like Mr. Consoles Never Get Clearanced at my local store, who didn't even stop watching the tv's long enough to toss the other guy the keys for the cases can go pound sand.

Guys like him get paid to stand around and watch tv and unless a customer gets right up in their face asking for help they will many times ignore someone looking at the games or other electronics. They're paid to help customers, regardless of if that person is buying a $.97 PSP game or a $2000 HDtv.

But every thread on CAG has not devolved into flipping discussion lately, thought I will admit that a great deal of them have. However, the mod crew does a good job of nuking those posts very quickly. I just wish that they took the anti flipping ones along with them, since it's probably just as annoying to the rest of CAG to see the other side of this at times a bit too lively discussion just as much as it is to see someone bragging about cleaning out a store.

Sorry if I did offend, but both sides can get a bit heated at times and to tell you the truth, I'm kinda sick of seeing both halves of the conversation myself as well.

[quote name='cshamilton']436,200 views will kill any clearance at ANY store.....

even as a newbie, I agree that these threads should be privelaged[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Sears is a business and would like to sell their games as fast as possible for as much as possible.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Exactly. They don't care if 200 people come in buying one game or one person comes in buying 200 games, so long as they sell them and sell them fast.[/QUOTE]

Of course Sears doesn't care. It's the people who can't race to the store as soon as the price drops are posted here that miss out.

But I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, this has been covered. (by both sides)

[quote name='cshamilton']Of course Sears doesn't care. It's the people who can't race to the store as soon as the price drops are posted here that miss out.

But I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, this has been covered. (by both sides)[/QUOTE]

If you don't wan't to race out at the drop buy them before they drop so low

There usually isnt much of a point to buy it then. Unless it was something that i REALLY wanted, i wouldnt really find myself that interested to pay barely 5$ less than its normal price.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']If you don't wan't to race out at the drop buy them before they drop so low[/QUOTE]

Chill out, buddy. I don't need instructions on how to buy video games. I was just making a point about seeing empty shelves or being just a few minutes late on a great deal.

Get off your high horse

It's really nothing to complain about when you think about guys like me hitting up these clearance sales. I grab as much as I possibly can just so other people can't have it. I've got hundreds of games boxed up that I couldn't care less about. It's just nice knowing that they're all mine. Every now and then, I break a few or stick them in the microwave just because I can.

Anyway...I will shit a brick if I can find some of these games (and for these prices) at our local Sears. I never would've thought they would actually have good deals on anything.

Google shopping shows Microsoft xbox 360 elite system game console for $49.97 limited stock at the Sears closest to me. The same Sears that could not locate the sylvania netbook for me.

[quote name='hlb96']Google shopping shows Microsoft xbox 360 elite system game console for $49.97 limited stock at the Sears closest to me. The same Sears that could not locate the sylvania netbook for me.[/QUOTE]

Get yourself over there with SKUs and ask them to check in the back!!!

On those sylvania netbooks there are some good tutorials on the net to load Linux or Android os making them usable. Keep in mind they will still be slow but make them a good casual email/net reader...

Everyone has been burned by hoarders, including other hoarders. It happens, deal with it. If you don't want to get beaten by the hoarders then beat the hoarders. Pay attention to the threads and don't hesitate to go and get the games you want. It sucks but whining does nothing. I personally don't hoard but I've seen it happen right in front of me and the guy even let me take what I wanted from his massive pile. These people aren't going to stand aside and let the "real gamers" get what they want first so if you have a problem with hoarders, grow a pair, get off your butt and go get your games.

[quote name='CGH']How accurate is the google sears stock check?[/QUOTE]

For me, it has been fairly accurate but the last time I was looking for something that was listed has having "limited stock" it was nowhere to be found.

[quote name='CGH']How accurate is the google sears stock check?[/QUOTE]

This question has been asked on every page of the thread... It gives you good ideas on pricing, but it isn't perfect. "Limited stock" has been shown to actually mean out of stock, and out of stock has been inaccurate as well. However, I believe "In Stock" has been pretty perfect thus far

Kudos to anyone that can get that XBOX for $99.97.
I found a store that showed them in stock online and when called they stated they had it showing in their system. They looked in the back and couldn't fnd them. I'm sure it's easy to assume they lied...but I don't feel they did.

I was gonna buy it and pick it up later in the week on business...oh well.
Would have been a first time XBOX owner :)
I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I guess if it still shows in stock later in the week, I'll try again in person.

EDIT - I called back after reading above that the In Stock items are accurate and asked for the MoD, he stated he walked with the sales person to check for their existence and they were not found. He also stated that some items are not allowed to be sold under a certain price and are often held to be returned and that someone likely didn't process the return. I dunno. I left my name and number in the off chance one appears.

I just returned from sears many of the items which show limited stock google online were nowhere to be found employee checked in the back she could not find the items I did find katamari damacy $2.97 ratchet clank crack in time $5.97 rca ez2000 camcorder $14.97 saw but did not buy guitar hero 5 bundle ps2 $19.97.

Managed to find a few good things..

Picked up
:ps3:
Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion Game of the Year - 5.97
Devil May Cry 4 - 5.97
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - 5.97
:360:
Metro 2033 - 9.97

and 2 1.97 4GB memory sticks pro duos.

Xbox 360 elite 120g $49.97 online price turned into $199.99 on the phone with 2 in stock, although I am sure they were looking at the slims which I said I did not want, since they have 2 slims in stock. I gave them this upc 00882224940887 (GTIN # according to specs on google shopping). I have no idea if this is the correct number or not. Weather is bad and I have my kids since my wife is in class or I would have drove to the store instead of calling them.

Here is the item( I entered Dallas to post here though I do not live in Dallas and did not want to show my city)
http://www.google.com/products/cata...i0QGkkNnRBw&ved=0CFYQ3QswAQ&os=local-sellers#

Last Friday I was able to buy the last two copies of brutal legend for $4. They were in a shelf full of games that may have been a clearance shelf, a lot of the games were marked $30 so idk if the workers were too lazy to put a sticker or something to mark the games. I should of price checked mass effect 1 and 2, should of never sold them.

[quote name='diddy310']
:ps3:Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion Game of the Year - 5.97
[/QUOTE]

So jealous..... I'm debating all morning if it's worth a 30 minute drive to get this for 9.97 or just buy the steelcase that came out today....

In my experience so far, the stock checker is accurate, and when it says limited stock but I can't find the item when I go, it will usually update to out of stock within a day or 2, meaning someone just beat me to it. Happened to me this week on zelda and planet puzzle league. It was just a lag of a day or two on google's part. I am surprised how well they can track inventory when most stores' own websites won't even do that.

Really wanted Persona 3 FES but no stores had it in stock, and Super Paper Mario but it was nowhere to be found in the one store that had it as "limited stock" (I looked everywhere).

I did end up buying these though:

:ps3:Mirror's Edge $3.97
:ps3:Singularity $9.97
:ps3:Oblivion Game of the Year $5.97
:360:Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $5.97
:ds:The Legendary Starfy $5.97
:ds:Advance Wars: Days of Ruin $5.97

[quote name='jester55']On those sylvania netbooks there are some good tutorials on the net to load Linux or Android os making them usable. Keep in mind they will still be slow but make them a good casual email/net reader...[/QUOTE]

I hope I can find one! Thanks for the heads up, I'll start looking!

[quote name='typical guy']I just got back from Sears. I was going to buy a clearance game but the cashier went to her manager and made me wait 15 min. When she came back, I was informed that they had to go by sticker price. Needless to say, I was annoyed, so I asked to talk to the manager. I was forced to wait 10 more min (no doubt he hoped I would just leave). So when he finally showed, I had a discussion with him that was like me bashing my head into a wall. Even though I showed him that the stickers hadn't been updated since February, he told me that the sticker prices were the correct prices. He then went on to say that "all the managers know about this problem and corporate is working to fix it".

Oh really? So is corporate working to get you guys to update your stickers on a regular basis? Seriously, what store doesn't go by the price in the system? I've been in many stores that had cheaper prices in the system than on the tags, typically the cashier simply says, "Wow what a great deal". Not at my Sears, they tell you that the sticker price is right.

I asked for his name, he told me "Enrique the loss prevention manager". When I requested his last name, he told me "Just Enrique".

I contacted Josh from SHC about this and requested that the employees (and managers) at my Sears be educated regarding game clearance prices (more than likely this applies to all clearance in the store as well?) and I asked to have a call back from Enrique apologizing for making me wait around for almost half an hour then providing me with bad information.[/QUOTE]

An update, Enrique called today and aplogized profusely. I guess it's safe to go back to Sears again. Thanks Josh (aka shc gamer)!

bread's done
Back