[quote name='sunghost']
I did end up buying these though:

:ps3:Mirror's Edge $3.97
:ps3:Singularity $9.97
:ps3:Oblivion Game of the Year $5.97
:360:Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $5.97
:ds:The Legendary Starfy $5.97
:ds:Advance Wars: Days of Ruin $5.97[/QUOTE]

I am jealous of this haul, especially the Mirror's Edge. I have been wanting to play this game for quite a while, but due to my backlog I cannot see paying more than $5.00 for it.

[quote name='scottman']In my experience so far, the stock checker is accurate, and when it says limited stock but I can't find the item when I go, it will usually update to out of stock within a day or 2, meaning someone just beat me to it. Happened to me this week on zelda and planet puzzle league. It was just a lag of a day or two on google's part. I am surprised how well they can track inventory when most stores' own websites won't even do that.[/QUOTE]

For video games, "limited stock" may be inacurrate because some Sears leave their games out on the sales floor, resulting in theft. If google shopping indicates "in stock," this is fairly accurate and you have a great chance of actually finding this item in-store.

I think it is great that we can, now, search for clearance items on google shopping. We no longer need to look up UPCs and print them out to determine price drops at the Sears in-store price checker. I remember carrying stacks of games from electronics to hardware to check prices. The downside of google shopping is that once the drops occur you must RUSH to your local stores to be able to pick up these deals.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Kudos to anyone that can get that XBOX for $99.97.
I found a store that showed them in stock online and when called they stated they had it showing in their system. They looked in the back and couldn't fnd them. I'm sure it's easy to assume they lied...but I don't feel they did.

I was gonna buy it and pick it up later in the week on business...oh well.
Would have been a first time XBOX owner :)
I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I guess if it still shows in stock later in the week, I'll try again in person.

EDIT - I called back after reading above that the In Stock items are accurate and asked for the MoD, he stated he walked with the sales person to check for their existence and they were not found. He also stated that some items are not allowed to be sold under a certain price and are often held to be returned and that someone likely didn't process the return. I dunno. I left my name and number in the off chance one appears.[/QUOTE]

It shows one of these in stock at my local Sears for the same price, so I rushed over to check on it. The same girl that's there every time I go was working in Electronics, so I struck up a conversation and mentioned the 360. We couldn't find it in the case so she went into the back to check on it and couldn't find it there either. She was curious what made me think they had it, so I showed her on google shopping and she was amazed at the price but had no clue how to further look for it. :(

I want to trust that it was genuinely not there, but as others have said it's usually accurate when it says "In Stock" so now it's hard not to come up with a million conspiracy theories about employees hiding it for themselves. Argh!

Would have been my first Xbox too.

i just raided a out of town sears on my way to the bay area and sacked 3x netbook at 9.97 but when i got to the house the little kids ransacked me for all 3 of them.. well at least they let me keep prototype 5.97 rachet clank 5.97 007 quatum solace 5.97

So has anyone successfully gotten any games from "the back?" There's a Sears in my vicinity that has a clearance game I want, and it says "in stock" (NOT "limited stock", so there must be, what, at least 3 of them), but last time I was there it was not on the shelves.

[quote name='hlb96']Try this (change your location):

http://www.google.com/search?q=sylv...c.r_pw.&fp=c7af287b3da280a9&biw=1920&bih=1059

or type this: sylvania 7" wireless netbook- Black[/QUOTE]

How do you change your location? When I tried it using Google shop from scratch, it would give me a listing for the product and then in the submenus there was a tab for Nearby Stores, and then you could input your zip code or location.

With this link, I can't find any way to change the location from Alexandria.

What am I not doing?

[quote name='borg20001']How do you change your location? When I tried it using Google shop from scratch, it would give me a listing for the product and then in the submenus there was a tab for Nearby Stores, and then you could input your zip code or location.

With this link, I can't find any way to change the location from Alexandria.

What am I not doing?[/QUOTE]

To the left of sort by is your location, and change is in blue. Click that and put your location.

[quote name='hlb96']Try this (change your location):

http://www.google.com/search?q=sylv...c.r_pw.&fp=c7af287b3da280a9&biw=1920&bih=1059

or type this: sylvania 7" wireless netbook- Black[/QUOTE]

Just for kicks I searched in my area and I found nothing, but I decided to search on the other side of the state (Michigan). It comes up with the "Limited Stock" thing so I wouldn't hold my breath, but there might be a VERY slight chance they are there.

435 North Telegraph Road, Waterford MI has it listed as $12.97
18900 Michigan Ave Ste 1001, Dearborn MI has it listed for $9.97.

On the off chance that they actually have more than one, would someone PLEASE pick one up for me and I will pay $35 for it.

Picked up:
Pataon 2 :psp: - .97
Tekken 6 :psp: - 5.97
R&C CiT :ps3: - 5.97
Oblivion GOTY :ps3: - 5.97
FF XII :ps2: - 3.97
Mario Strikers Charged :wii: - 9.97
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn :wii: - 9.97

All of them were in a bin except the Wii games. Was surprised I managed to find so much since this Sears is in a mall that's usually pretty busy.

Passed on Katamari Damacy, but may pick it up. They also had a Flip HD ($18) and Sony Bloggie ($45) that were reduced. No netbooks or Super Paper Mario. Also wanted Dragon Quest IV, but the only copy I could find was already only :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up:
:ds:
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Civilization Revolution
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

:ps3:
NHL 10
Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time
X-Men Orgins: Wolverine

:ps2:
Final Fantasy XII x2

They are all for trade if anyone needs them. Not too sure if I will keep them all or not. They were too cheap for me to pass up. I left a bunch of stuff, my kids kept distracting me, so I might go back tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry if it was already posted and I missed it but by any chance does anyone have the Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time sku?

Google shows in stock by my location but didn't see any in store. Hoping a sku number will help me look it up in store. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='smashngrab77']The novi MICHIGAN SEARS has 2of the elite 360 left. I just left there with a holiday bundle and some other goodies.[/QUOTE]

How much was it?

What is the UPC on your receipt and item # to the left of the description?

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']I'm sorry if it was already posted and I missed it but by any chance does anyone have the Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time sku?

Google shows in stock by my location but didn't see any in store. Hoping a sku number will help me look it up in store. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

UPC 711719812425
Sears item# 96504

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']I'm sorry if it was already posted and I missed it but by any chance does anyone have the Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time sku?

Google shows in stock by my location but didn't see any in store. Hoping a sku number will help me look it up in store. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I think it might be 58 96504 at least that is what is says next to R&C on my receipt.

edit: Too slow I guess

[quote name='hlb96']How much was it?

What is the UPC on your receipt and item # to the left of the description?[/QUOTE]

I got the bundle the 2 left were just elites. 99.97. Sorry driving and typing

[quote name='MrSmiley1']Just for kicks I searched in my area and I found nothing, but I decided to search on the other side of the state (Michigan). It comes up with the "Limited Stock" thing so I wouldn't hold my breath, but there might be a VERY slight chance they are there.

On the off chance that they actually have more than one, would someone PLEASE pick one up for me and I will pay $35 for it.[/QUOTE]

I was at the pontiac store when u posted this. Going back to grab the netbook I am not sure that I want it. It is yours if I can't use it

[quote name='david12795']i saw a 32" samsung 1080p led for $350. is that a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Depends. u need a tv now? 1080p led? sounds good, but i think black friday will have many tvs on sale.

Got myself

Brutal Legend for 360 at $1.97,
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 for $4.97
XBox 360 60 GB Starter Pack for $49.97.

The store must have gone through and cleaned up the games section: a lot of the clearance items had been separated from the regular price items and had actual clearance stickers on them! Granted, they were with last month's prices on them, but that at least is better than MSRP if a cashier decides to give me a hard time next go-round.

They also must have cleaned out some of the clearance accessories in the back, there were still some Starter Packs left, plus a number of 360 controllers, Sony PSP memory cards or sticks, what looked to be an 360 Arcade pack with Geometry Wars 2 and Ms. Pac-Man, a Charge Kit for 360 Wireless controllers and so on.

[quote name='Irukandji']Nothing worth mentioning at the Elyria Ohio Sears :([/QUOTE]

What were you looking for.we might have it in strongsville

Got the following:

Persona 3: FES 5.97
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 5.97
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin 5.97
Dragon Quest IV 5.97
Oblivion 5.97
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 9.97
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 4.97

and.... Persona 3 w/Artbook and Soundtrack CD for 49.99. Was surprised to see this lying around.
Saw a Prototype as well but forgot to pick it up since it was in a glass case. Wish I had found a 360 Elite but no dice.

Walked into a local sears yesterday evening and was greeted by all the employees sitting on the floor with scanners marking a giant mountain of video games and accessories the correct clearance prices. Grabbed as much as I could since I figured they wouldn't last much longer correctly priced.

Grabbed a few things others have reported.

Also saw:
DS Headset .97
PSP Hot Shots Golf Open Tee .97 (previous month's drop but manager had removed the barcode stickers ringing up as 9.99)

Picked up two of the Sylvania netbooks at ~$12 a piece. Too bad they don't come with chargers, but for $25 for two computers you can't complain that hard.

[quote name='imacgod']Got a UPC or SKU for the Xbox bundle? Can't find it with simple Google Shopping searches.[/QUOTE]

You could search within the last 30 posts...or use the handy search within this thread option :roll:

[quote name='Muthafodder']You could search within the last 30 posts...or use the handy search within this thread option :roll:[/QUOTE]

UPC or SKU has not been given in at least 4 pages and can't search thread in mobile view.
I also hate when people give that answer here. Being polite must be out of style.

[quote name='smashngrab77']The novi MICHIGAN SEARS has 2of the elite 360 left. I just left there with a holiday bundle and some other goodies.[/QUOTE]

And sold. They were gone when I got there, guy said he was surprised they cleared all 3 in one day :(

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']And sold. They were gone when I got there, guy said he was surprised they cleared all 3 in one day :([/QUOTE]

Sad... I saw this around noon, but figured it was inaccurate/no holiday bundles =\

My sears had the netbook for 15. I bought it for that price. The cashier checked the back and told me there was only one but that it was beat up and probably fell off the truck. I told her that I would buy it and take the risk. When I got it, it was in perfect condition.

Picked up:

Wii

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $5.97
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $9.97
GH Metallica $7.97

Madagascar 2 Escape 2 Africa $7.97
GH Metallica $7.97

Saw:

Several Civilization Revolution DS falling apart for $3.97
Sylvania Netbook, didn't scan
GH 5 Guitar Bundle 360 $17.97

Was looking for a Wii Band Hero Bundle for my sister but they must've gotten marked correctly finally cuz they were all gone

[quote name='Staraang21']I really do wish this thread had a wiki or regularly updated OP. It's hard for people new to this thread to find info.[/QUOTE]

I agree and was thinking about this myself. People seem to not like the updated OP tho as lurkers/el hoardo would/could grab everything. Not really sure why tho as all clearance games are 1st come 1st serve. I wouldn't mind making a new thread myself but I have no way of verifying anything and it would be by word of mouth. For reference the OP wasn't updated for 2 years before the last update.

[quote name='Borellius']Does anyone know where the list of the clearance prices are i kept?[/QUOTE]
As of now you gotta just read the thread and remember (write down) what you are interested in and hope they have it in stock

[quote name='Staraang21']I really do wish this thread had a wiki or regularly updated OP. It's hard for people new to this thread to find info.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the point though. Clearance lists get copied and pasted onto other sites and the hoarders clean up. All you have to do is spend ten minutes looking through the last few pages and you'll get most of it.

Picked up:

:ps3: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (the first one) $9.97
:ps3: Wall-E $5.97
:ps3: Madagascar 2 $7.97
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII $3.97
:wii: Super Mario Strikers Charged $9.97

Google shopping inventory was pretty accurate.

picked up one of the rca small wonder camcorders for $14.97, no luck on the Sylvania netbooks though. If anyone has an extra copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360, sealed) please PM me. Also looking for a ps3 version of Prototype to trade for my 360 version.

[quote name='hlb96']UPC or SKU has not been given in at least 4 pages and can't search thread in mobile view.
I also hate when people give that answer here. Being polite must be out of style.[/QUOTE]

You do not need the sku to search google shopping. I just searched xbox 360 elite and scrolled until I saw a package for $100. Then searched local and saw that the store about 40 min from me had limited quantity.

[quote name='MrSmiley1']Just for kicks I searched in my area and I found nothing, but I decided to search on the other side of the state (Michigan). It comes up with the "Limited Stock" thing so I wouldn't hold my breath, but there might be a VERY slight chance they are there.

On the off chance that they actually have more than one, would someone PLEASE pick one up for me and I will pay $35 for it.[/QUOTE]

Was there yesterday...should of grabbed one.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I agree and was thinking about this myself. People seem to not like the updated OP tho as lurkers/el hoardo would/could grab everything. Not really sure why tho as all clearance games are 1st come 1st serve. I wouldn't mind making a new thread myself but I have no way of verifying anything and it would be by word of mouth. For reference the OP wasn't updated for 2 years before the last update.

As of now you gotta just read the thread and remember (write down) what you are interested in and hope they have it in stock[/QUOTE]

I will be more straight forward than the last answer. It's because of slickdeals. First come first serve or not, slick deals ensures you have to beat 10,000 other people to the store. Not only do people not want the op updated, some wish these threads were locked to people not logged in and not on the site a while.

bread's done
Back