Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Anyone got a link to how to get linux on the sylvania netbook? I saw someone mention that they'd heard about people doing this a few pages back.

[quote name='Kirbith']Anyone got a link to how to get linux on the sylvania netbook? I saw someone mention that they'd heard about people doing this a few pages back.[/QUOTE]

I asked for some tweaks/help on this here also. No one replied. After looking around, I found out that you can't change the OS but you can edit the registry. Instead of doing it yourself, you can join the following Yahoo group:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sylvania_netbook/

After you join that group, on the right side of the page, click on "files" then chose the Registry Changes and Tweaks folder. Within that folder is a zip file called "toms_found_tweaks_v2.zip". You can download this file onto your real computer then move it onto a memory stick. Then dump it from the memory stick onto the netbook (it's probably faster than downloading it right onto the netbook). Inside the zip you will find several registry files. You can use all of them or some of them. At the very least, use the IE ones. After double clicking and adding the registry stuff you want, restart your netbook.

This should help it become more tolerable. As crappy as it is, I still can't really complain for the price paid. I ended up paying 15 at my Sears which still seems like a good price.

[quote name='htown01']
And I saw new games in the clearance bin (off the top of my head):
:ps3::360:Vanquish $19.99
:ps3::360:Borderlands $19.99
:ps3:Uncharted (Greatest Hits) $29.99
:ps3:Uncharted 2: GOTY $24.95
and others[/QUOTE]

I think these prices are now MSRP if I remember correctly. I've actually seen the vanilla Borderlands for $15 at Kmart.

Found one today I hadn't seen anyone else mention. Picked up Pokemon Battle Revolution x 2 for 9.97 each. Hell of a deal on a game that is fairly hard to come by these days.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I think these prices are now MSRP if I remember correctly. I've actually seen the vanilla Borderlands for $15 at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are retail prices but it's new to the Sears clearance bin around here.

UPDATE: So While shopping I decided to go into Sears. Google shop said that lego batman ps2 bundle was limited stock. The associate brought out the bundle and asked him if he e said u saw 2 in the stockroom. He came out and i asked him to scan both. The ps2 silver: 1 came up $19.97 and the other at $99.99. He said he didnt know why one came up at $19.97. So i decided to get the silver ps2 and the bundle. The odd thing is that google shop didnt list this store at all when searching. This was really odd indeed. Everyone should ask regardless if google shop has it listed in stock or not. Now debating if i should keep both or not.

@ cheapgamer- how many ps2 do u have now including the ones u got from target? why is silver so popular here on CAG? Was silver a limited run?

Anyway, I just got my xbox 360 elite back from repair at microsoft. Im pissed. They told me I will get the same exact console that i send in. Anyone know the process when u first send it in? Does Microsoft really "FIX" the console u sent in and just stick a updated sticker serial # on it? I have a feeling that when people first send it in, they just send a different ref. console to u. My xbox couldnt read any game discs which means that the hard drive needed to be replaced.

[quote name='The Punisher']UPDATE: So While shopping I decided to go into Sears. Google shop said that lego batman ps2 bundle was limited stock. The associate brought out the bundle and asked him if he e said u saw 2 in the stockroom. He came out and i asked him to scan both. The ps2 silver: 1 came up $19.97 and the other at $99.99. He said he didnt know why one came up at $19.97. So i decided to get the silver ps2 and the bundle. The odd thing is that google shop didnt list this store at all when searching. This was really odd indeed. Everyone should ask regardless if google shop has it listed in stock or not. Now debating if i should keep both or not.

@ cheapgamer- how many ps2 do u have now including the ones u got from target? why is silver so popular here on CAG? Was silver a limited run?

Anyway, I just got my xbox 360 elite back from repair at microsoft. Im pissed. They told me I will get the same exact console that i send in. Anyone know the process when u first send it in? Does Microsoft really "FIX" the console u sent in and just stick a updated sticker serial # on it? I have a feeling that when people first send it in, they just send a different ref. console to u. My xbox couldnt read any game discs which means that the hard drive needed to be replaced.[/QUOTE]

when my xbox red ring I sent it in to be fixed and got it back, the same xbox I sent in, fixed and it still works

anyway, so its the silver mini ps2 that's 19.97?

I got prof layton curious village for $6 and change. Google said the store had one and I did a lot of digging and opening drawers and finally found it on the shelf

I used the google search deal and it said there was "limited stock" on a 120GB Elite for $99.97. Drove there and wouldn't you know they didnt have any. Not sure how accurate the Google search is most of the time.......

[quote name='themidnighter23']when my xbox red ring I sent it in to be fixed and got it back, the same xbox I sent in, fixed and it still works

anyway, so its the silver mini ps2 that's 19.97?[/QUOTE]

But was yours with a different serial #? They send me a letter saying that they had to give me a different console (looks the same). Online at xbox, it says warranty expires 08/2009. it shows a xbox 360 pro picture. My point is that im not sure if this console has 3 year warrenty and on top of that at least i knew that the console i had before sending it in was taken care of. i dont know what this console microsoft send me could have been through many problems.

The silver slim ps2 is $19.97, but they had another one that was $99.99. I guess both have different upc? Not sure if maybe sony release 2 versions of silver? My google shop in my whole area said $99.99. this store wasnt even listed. i went there to get the batman bundle and just found the silver by mistake.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']I used the google search deal and it said there was "limited stock" on a 120GB Elite for $99.97. Drove there and wouldn't you know they didnt have any. Not sure how accurate the Google search is most of the time.......[/QUOTE]

Depends. maybe someone got to it today before u? i dont think google shop updates until the following day?

U sure u ask them to look in the stockroom? they said the same to me until i told them to check

I asked the guy in electronics to check the back and then there was another employee floating around, I asked him and he said he looked too. It might have been there and they were saving it for themselves. Disappointed, I need a 360 since mine just crapped out...

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']I asked the guy in electronics to check the back and then there was another employee floating around, I asked him and he said he looked too. It might have been there and they were saving it for themselves. Disappointed, I need a 360 since mine just crapped out...[/QUOTE]

What happen to your 360? did u read my post about mines? the sad part is that they took my gears of war faceplate and only send me a 3 month xbox live card. i was hoping to get my 360 back and not have them send me a crappy one that could have been abused

Finally got the RROD and way past the warranty period. I wanted to avoid having it repaired and just get a new one. I have read stories about them not sending back the one that was sent in. Sucks that it happened to you.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Finally got the RROD and way past the warranty period. I wanted to avoid having it repaired and just get a new one. I have read stories about them not sending back the one that was sent in. Sucks that it happened to you.[/QUOTE]

Just call them and fight with them on the phone. I did this and after half an hour I started to shout at them. They relented after I yelled at them about their shitty console and how it's broken on me twice. I got my second replacement out of warranty for free. FYI: They don't send you your console back but both times they've sent me the same model. They send you a refurbished console. It would take them a huge amount of time to actually queue your console up with all the rest, repair it, then send your your own back. So instead I think they just send you the latest fixed version of the same SKU.

[quote name='onyzukae']what is "RROD" mean?

also i have one question. I went sears today they have 8 copy of Final Fantasy xii

so i pick one up. also found http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Hero-Bund...NXBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310609756&sr=8-1

ps2 dj hero turntable cost 13.97 + tax I passed anywayz. the question is ..

What is PS2 turntalbe and PS3 turntable?[/QUOTE]

RROD= Red Read of Death
It's 3 red lights turned on your console. It represents a fatal hardware failure. Rumor has been that it's been related to overheating/solder joints.

My first 360 didn't die from RROD, it's video card crapped out. The console ran and I could still hear sound through the TV speakers but the picture was nothing but a bunch of random lines. I got that one replaced under warranty then the refurbished I got as a replacement RROD'd after a couple years - about 9 months after the three year warranty is over. I got that one replaced for free and now have another refurbished 360, hoping it lasts.

[quote name='Blaster man']Just call them and fight with them on the phone. I did this and after half an hour I started to shout at them. They relented after I yelled at them about their shitty console and how it's broken on me twice. I got my second replacement out of warranty for free. FYI: They don't send you your console back but both times they've sent me the same model. They send you a refurbished console. It would take them a huge amount of time to actually queue your console up with all the rest, repair it, then send your your own back. So instead I think they just send you the latest fixed version of the same SKU.

RROD= Red Read of Death
It's 3 red lights turned on your console. It represents a fatal hardware failure. Rumor has been that it's been related to overheating/solder joints.

My first 360 didn't die from RROD, it's video card crapped out. The console ran and I could still hear sound through the TV speakers but the picture was nothing but a bunch of random lines. I got that one replaced under warranty then the refurbished I got as a replacement RROD'd after a couple years - about 9 months after the three year warranty is over. I got that one replaced for free and now have another refurbished 360, hoping it lasts.[/QUOTE]
I had a long talk to the supervisor. Wont give upgrade slim unless I have many problems with it.

Anyway, anyone know the differences between the PS2 slim silvers? looks like different box design, but not sure if the ps2 was redesign

[quote name='The Punisher']I had a long talk to the supervisor. Wont give upgrade slim unless I have many problems with it.

Anyway, anyone know the differences between the PS2 slim silvers? looks like different box design, but not sure if the ps2 was redesign[/QUOTE]

Upgrade slim or get a refurbished one? I would have called back and talked to another employee and yelled at them too. I would have probably done it daily for a month. I'm really cheap though. I also have to admit, my throat was pretty sore after yelling on the phone for an hour.

[quote name='Blaster man']Upgrade slim or get a refurbished one? I would have called back and talked to another employee and yelled at them too. I would have probably done it daily for a month. I'm really cheap though. I also have to admit, my throat was pretty sore after yelling on the phone for an hour.[/QUOTE]

Well, I explained to him that after the update, my 360 wont read game disc. Since microsoft can determine what person get's a 360 slim (from xbox live & Serial #) , but It was never on their end. I talk for a hour. He said the only way to get a upgrade if my xbox kept giving me problems. I really wanted my xbox 360 that I send in :(

i dont trust microsoft. they gave me a replacement 360 elite with service date 6-19-2010. But MYSERVICEXBOX.com show me a picture of a xbox 360 pro with a different serial #. WTF. So im guess they gave me a pro but put a black case on it?

Google Product ftw. Grabbed the last copies of Ratchet and Clank and Advance Wars:DoR for 5.97 each.

Also saw 3+ copies of Starfy (Might go back for that), also Rhythm Heaven (DS) for 12$.

Couldnt find the SOCOM Confrontation bundle they said they had though, wouldnt have minded a second Blutooth for my phone.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']If there is anyone who can find the Xbox 360 120GB Elite for $99.97, I would gladly pay for it.[/QUOTE]
If I find a 360 bundle for $100, I'm keeping it.:razz: Besides which, it'd likely cost a pretty penny to ship a console out.

But thus far none of my searches have turned up any 360's for cheap, bundle or not.:cry:

But I may be getting a Sylvania netbook on Friday, assuming Google Shopping isn't off the mark on that as well.:whistle2:#

There is one xbox360 bundle...paramount.,ca i saw today. Dont know which ver.is but box has 2 games pics outside.

i passed... since 4 gb xbox slim now 199.99 sometime 199.99+50gc..

the elite one SOO000!!!!!!!!! noise...

same thing happened at another sears. Google says they have stuff and that its at these crazy prices, then in the store the price checker rings it all up as msrp.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']I used the google search deal and it said there was "limited stock" on a 120GB Elite for $99.97. Drove there and wouldn't you know they didnt have any. Not sure how accurate the Google search is most of the time.......[/QUOTE]Limited stock seems to be about a 20% chance of finding it to me. That means there's only 1 or 2 left which could sell by the time you got there, could not be there and just show up due to a numbers error or be buried somewhere else inthe store or backroom.

[quote name='The Punisher']What happen to your 360? did u read my post about mines? the sad part is that they took my gears of war faceplate and only send me a 3 month xbox live card. i was hoping to get my 360 back and not have them send me a crappy one that could have been abused[/QUOTE]The instructions explicitly tell you to take off your faceplate and hard drive before you send it in.

I've sent in two 360s. A pro which was replaced with another pro that had a manufacture date of three days before it shipped to me (at time of RROD admittal and promise of new unit replacements) and an elite which was replaced with another elite with a manufacture date of ten days before it shipped ot me. Lucky me I guess unless they resticker them with manufacture dates of refurbs. Either way both work for now (sold one to a friend when I got the elite).

For those who got the Band Hero kit and the wires were bad:

Called Activision tonite and they offered to replace the drums with the new version (due to the fact that the GHWT drums are no longer made). All I have to do is email a copy of my receipt. He said I could dispose of the old drums however I please and I DON'T have to ship them to Activision. Will take about two weeks.

Got:

:360:
Condemned $3.97
Guitar Hero II #5.97
Devil May Cry 4 $5.97
X-Men Origins: Wolverine $7.97
Metro 2033 $9.97
Alpha Protocol $9.97

:ps3:
Green Day Rock Band $$2.97
Guitar Hero 5 Bundle $14.97

:ds:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass $7.97

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I find a 360 bundle for $100, I'm keeping it.:razz: Besides which, it'd likely cost a pretty penny to ship a console out.

But thus far none of my searches have turned up any 360's for cheap, bundle or not.:cry:

But I may be getting a Sylvania netbook on Friday, assuming Google Shopping isn't off the mark on that as well.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Hey, i found 1 xbox 360 elite for $100. is it worth getting? do u know how much cost to ship it out? i was thinking of getting it if someone here wants it.

[quote name='The Punisher']Hey, i found 1 xbox 360 elite for $100. is it worth getting? do u know how much cost to ship it out? i was thinking of getting it if someone here wants it.[/QUOTE]

Google shopping shows them for $199.99 everywhere, are they ringing up cheaper in the stores?

[quote name='chard19']What were you looking for.we might have it in strongsville[/QUOTE]

Games with "clearance" prices below $24.97. Lol @ Condemned criminal origins for 24.97.

got

PS3 -

Little Big Planet ( non GH edition )
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY
NHL 10
Socom Bundle

DS

Prof Layton and the Curious Village
Dragon Quest IV

all for about $47.xx not too bad :)

[quote name='Derrick1979']Google shopping shows them for $199.99 everywhere, are they ringing up cheaper in the stores?[/QUOTE]

google shop tells u the current prices for that store location. so if your store says $199.99, but another may say $249.99 15+ miles in the area. Most sears dont carry the elites anymore.

just to clear things up about the ps2 slim.

Sears has silver for $19.97 and lego batman bundle for $29.97.

When using google shop, it pulls up the ps2 silver for $99 because probably its the newer one SCPH- 9000X.
The ps2 i got was satin silver SCPH-77001SS (SS means the color); box art cover is white with blue trim showing silver ps2
The PS2 batman bundle SCPH-90001CB (i think this is the same console that is in the toy story 3 bundle...,but not sure)

I think there is another silver model SCPH-7900X box art cover is all silver

Not sure if anyone on CAG found a SCPH-7900X model.

I got lego batman bundle and didnt know that the store carry silver ps2 since google shop never brought it up. I really only wanted 1 ps2, but what should i do with the other? the price was too good to pass up, but have no use for x2 ps2.

Oh, I have a PS2 phat. does the mcboot work on these slims?

[quote name='chard19']I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands :)[/QUOTE]

take what? xbox elite or the ps2?

im still not sure which one to keep. silver or the lego batman bundle?
i have a ps2 phat that still works great. well taken care of and going strong. i just got this so if 1 day it dies i got a fresh one.

[quote name='The Punisher']
I think there is another silver model SCPH-7900X box art cover is all silver

Not sure if anyone on CAG found a SCPH-7900X model.[/QUOTE]

That is the model I did a price scan on. The box was all silver. Good detective work. Hopefully that model also drops soon. :lol:

[quote name='imacgod']That is the model I did a price scan on. The box was all silver. Good detective work. Hopefully that model also drops soon. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That cant be the model because both SCPH-77001 and SCPH- 79001 is both the same besides the bio.

The silver that u probably that is $99.99 is probably the newer one. the new ps2 has a glossy plastic on the bottom half with model # scph-90001. these look just like the ps2 toy story 3 bundle ps2.

the scph-79001 has only the glossy thin plastic stripe in the middle of the console. the top and bottom is matte.

did the one u see was maybe scph-90001? these newer model has a internal power supply. the older model has the external power supply.

sorry, but i had to do some research since i was wondering why the guy scanned 2 ps2 and one came to $20 and the other $100.

Woot! Picked up 4 4gb Prod Duo cards for $1.97 each, Sylvania Netbook for $9.97 and the RCA Camcorder for $14.97! I love the expressions I get from the sales clerk when they ring up the item.

Question - has anyone found any good links to some additional software for the Sylvania Netbook? I found some kind of Mega Pack, but the file itself looks to be long gone.

[quote name='kman316']Woot! Picked up 4 4gb Prod Duo cards for $1.97 each, Sylvania Netbook for $9.97 and the RCA Camcorder for $14.97! I love the expressions I get from the sales clerk when they ring up the item.

Question - has anyone found any good links to some additional software for the Sylvania Netbook? I found some kind of Mega Pack, but the file itself looks to be long gone.[/QUOTE]

fyi on those netbooks- slow on internet, cant upgrade web, os. its good to just check email and basic use if u can wait when pages load. no wonder its $10. $100 is too much for this.

good job on the rca and memory sticks. someone cleared out 20 of them.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Well...what do you know...it paid to visit the store.
First time XBOX owner.

Can't post much more atm...[/QUOTE]

congrats. which xbox did u get?

u should get the gears of war. great game.
if u like rpg, tales of vespervia is highly recommended.

[quote name='kman316']Woot! Picked up 4 4gb Prod Duo cards for $1.97 each, Sylvania Netbook for $9.97 and the RCA Camcorder for $14.97! I love the expressions I get from the sales clerk when they ring up the item.

Question - has anyone found any good links to some additional software for the Sylvania Netbook? I found some kind of Mega Pack, but the file itself looks to be long gone.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go:
http://www.chatnfiles.com/netbook.htm
Check out the 3rd link (takes you to his FTP. Has a bunch of good stuff (software pack, I DL'd it yesterday. Decent collection of stuff, even an nes emulator, lolz). The registry tweaks seemed to help a bit as well. A b i t. This thing is the ultimate 'read gamefaqs on the crapper' computer :bouncy:

Also check out:
Has a group of users (board is active!). Lots of helpful stuff like getting it online, tweaks, questions, blah blah.

For $10, this thing rocks.

[quote name='The Punisher']congrats. which xbox did u get?

u should get the gears of war. great game.
if u like rpg, tales of vespervia is highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

I hope I didn't speak too soon.
The person who completed the transaction says they saw it...guy looking for it is having trouble...

[quote name='callmewoof']Here ya go:
Check out the 3rd link (takes you to his FTP. Has a bunch of good stuff (software pack, I DL'd it yesterday. Decent collection of stuff, even an nes emulator, lolz). The registry tweaks seemed to help a bit as well. A b i t. This thing is the ultimate 'read gamefaqs on the crapper' computer :bouncy:

Also check out:
Has a group of users (board is active!). Lots of helpful stuff like getting it online, tweaks, questions, blah blah.

For $10, this thing rocks.[/QUOTE]
$10 is a great deal. dont get me wrong, but having a smartphone will probably get stuff done faster then this, but hey beats paying for the data plan!

[quote name='callmewoof']Here ya go:

Also check out:

For $10, this thing rocks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're awesome, thanks!

Yes, my expectations aren't anything more than "hey, I got this netbook device for 10 bucks". I wasn't expecting a true netbook, just something fun to goof with. :)

bread's done
Back