Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='The Punisher']congrats. which xbox did u get?

u should get the gears of war. great game.
if u like rpg, tales of vespervia is highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

I hope I didn't speak too soon.
The person who completed the transaction says they saw it...guy looking for it is having trouble...

I spoke too soon...sad face

No Xbox 360 at the 2 Sears I checked out today. Only got 2 more games (1 store definitely hit up by someone even though Google shopping has said items limited for awhile; other I went to earlier and missed a few things, but only a few things missing since then). But picked up a Flip Ultra HD 4GB for $18 +tax. Definitely happy with that one :)

Sears is doing a massive clearance with games (Lafayette, IN) YMMV. $5 clearance I got the following:

Wii:
Mario Strikers Charged
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Nights: Journey Into Dreams

PS3:
Little Big Planet
Rachet & Clank: A Crack In Time (ARE YOU fuckING SERIOUS!!!! YES I AM!!!!)

360:
Guitar Hero: Metallica (finally found my price range for it)
Xmen Origins Wolverine

DS:
Zelda Phantom Hourglass x2 (Getting one for a friend)
Planet Puzzle League
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Professor Layton and the curious village
Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin
Rhythm heaven

PS2:
Final Fantasy XII

Grand Total: $40 (had a gift card because Kmart was shitty to me and @KmartGamer was cool. But still fucking christ)

other titles that were there (I'll be going back):

DS:
Ninja Gaiden

PS3:
Devil may cry 4
xmen origins wolverine

Xbox360:
Prototype
Condemned Criminal Origins

Wii:
Punch-Out

+ lots more

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']Sears is doing a massive clearance with games (Lafayette, IN) YMMV. $5 clearance I got the following:

Wii:
Mario Strikers Charged
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Nights: Journey Into Dreams

PS3:
Little Big Planet
Rachet & Clank: A Crack In Time (ARE YOU fuckING SERIOUS!!!! YES I AM!!!!)

360:
Guitar Hero: Metallica (finally found my price range for it)
Xmen Origins Wolverine

DS:
Zelda Phantom Hourglass x2 (Getting one for a friend)
Planet Puzzle League
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Professor Layton and the curious village
Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin
Rhythm heaven

PS2:
Final Fantasy XII

Grand Total: $40 (had a gift card because Kmart was shitty to me and @KmartGamer was cool. But still fucking christ)

other titles that were there (I'll be going back):

DS:
Ninja Gaiden

PS3:
Devil may cry 4
xmen origins wolverine

Xbox360:
Prototype
Condemned Criminal Origins

Wii:
Punch-Out

+ lots more[/QUOTE]

lol you post the location and then mention going back ??? :applause:
you better already be in the parking lot...;)

I hit up two further off Sears stores today. The first one which used to be a goldmine that I'd cherry pick every so often was now devoid of many of the deals.

They had copies of the Professor Layton Diabolical Box($25), some GH DS bundles and not a whole hell of a lot more.:roll:

While there I noticed a guy buying up the GH DS bundles. He grabbed every last one of them.

Anyway, I struck up a conversation with him and tried grilling him as to where he's registered to see how he knew the price for them and what not. I came to find out that 1) he's from MY home area:)bomb:more competition:bomb:) and that he routinely hits up both of my local stores as well as the one I met him at.

He told me he 'just keeps track of deals online' without specifying where he may be finding out this info.:cry:

After that I went a little to the south of there and hit up a store that was showing one of the Sylvania netbooks in stock just earlier this week and which is not even coming up on the Google Shopping search AT ALL anymore.:whistle2:# I don't know if maybe that's a precursor to a round of store closings if a store just up and disappears like that or not, but it definitely sucks since I can't even check to see if the netbook shows OOS there now.:roll:

At that store they had maybe a handful of clearance titles and most were ones I'd bought already.

If not for finding two cd box sets at the thrift stores on the way down there the day woulda been a total waste. Here's to hoping the store(s) I may be hitting tomorrow while in NY for work end up being a bit better.

[quote name='donut']lol you post the location and then mention going back ??? :applause:
you better already be in the parking lot...;)[/QUOTE]

OMW From STL

Got :wii: Dragon Quest Swords :wii: We Love Golf and :ps2: FFXII $4 each. Went to an out-of-the-way store knowing full well Google Products was probably wrong about the "limited stock" on the netbook and of course they didn't have it.

Still, $4 games are what Sears clearance is all about. Now if all the stuff at $6 drops next month...cha-ching!

[quote name='doodmandood']should i get the PS2 MGS collection for $6?[/QUOTE]

Should I sneek up behind you and tap square until I hear a snap?

The answer to both questions is "yes".

[quote name='admiralvic']isn't there a HD collection coming out soon?[/QUOTE]

November, according to IGN. Still, for $2 each, you get 3 classics from the PS1 and PS2.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Went to an out-of-the-way store knowing full well Google Products was probably wrong about the "limited stock" on the netbook and of course they didn't have it.[/QUOTE]
Define 'out of the way'. What section of NY we talking? Up I-84? Up Rt. 17?

I only wanna know cuz I'm headed out to a store that can only be accessed by going bout 30-ish miles up a slow ass state route off 17 tomorrow and I don't wanna waste my time if you've already hit there.;):booty:

East Northport, on Long Island, probably well outside the range of your stomping grounds.

I hardly ever go there myself anyway. But if anyone else is in the area they do have a pretty decent selection of games. Just none of the hardware or accessories that have been mentioned. I left extra copies of all the games I picked up, though none of the price stickers have been updated since March.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']East Northport, on Long Island, probably well outside the range of your stomping grounds.

I hardly ever go there myself anyway. But if anyone else is in the area they do have a pretty decent selection of games. Just none of the hardware or accessories that have been mentioned. I left extra copies of all the games I picked up, though none of the price stickers have been updated since March.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I know some of us don't like to mention our stores we hit since we're afraid someone who may be local but lurking may come n clear it out, but I was just curious if we were talking about the same area or not.

This one tomorrow is definitely a trek, but so long as I make it to the one I hit the Friday before last and grab some Memory Stick Pro Duo's for myself and some friends then the day won't be a total loss.

Mind ya, none of the trips I've gone on thus far have been a wash really, since there's been a BB store near each Sears and I've picked up more and more clearance music cd's/dvd's from their big clearance.;)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']East Northport, on Long Island, probably well outside the range of your stomping grounds.

I hardly ever go there myself anyway. But if anyone else is in the area they do have a pretty decent selection of games. Just none of the hardware or accessories that have been mentioned. I left extra copies of all the games I picked up, though none of the price stickers have been updated since March.[/QUOTE]

Wow, used to live in East Northport...on the 400 block of Larkfield rd. My pop owns a body shop on Jericho Turnpike right off rt. 110 in Huntington , Cavalier Auto Body. Dam i miss Fireside Deli and that Gyro place. You cant get a real fkin gyro around here!

wait so are the prices on their little yellow stickers always correct?
if not, then i have to go back to the sears i visited today!
they had a whole lot of clearance games, all with yellow stickers around ~$20

Saw Guitar Hero 5 bundle (game + guitar) for the PS2 for $14.97 at my local Sears in Lancaster, PA. Last I checked, there were still about 5 bundles left. It's labelled as "Guitar Hero 5 [Bundle] [PlayStation 2 Game]" on Google Products if you wanted to check.

[quote name='immanewb']Saw Guitar Hero 5 bundle (game + guitar) for the PS2 for $14.97 at my local Sears in Lancaster, PA. Last I checked, there were still about 5 bundles left. It's labelled as "Guitar Hero 5 [Bundle] [PlayStation 2 Game]" on Google Products if you wanted to check.[/QUOTE]

Anything else decent left? I'm heading there tomorrow! :)

[quote name='akir']wait so are the prices on their little yellow stickers always correct?
if not, then i have to go back to the sears i visited today!
they had a whole lot of clearance games, all with yellow stickers around ~$20[/QUOTE]

No, the price stickers are often wrong. I don't think any of the stickers were correct from my recent purchases. You should always ask them to scan it for you, and that goes for pretty much ANY retail store if you suspect the price may be lower.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Anything else decent left? I'm heading there tomorrow! :)[/QUOTE]
"There" as in.. your local Sears..? Or as in the Lancaster, PA Sears..? o_O Because if it's the latter, I can honestly say that I'm surprised because I did not really expect any CAG to live close by, haha.

And to answer your question: unfortunately, no. The clearance bin was a mess and nothing seemed dirt cheap. Which leads me think this is their first markdown on the stuff in the bin. Regardless, hope you find something worthwhile! :lol:

[quote name='immanewb']"There" as in.. your local Sears..? Or as in the Lancaster, PA Sears..? o_O Because if it's the latter, I can honestly say that I'm surprised because I did not really expect any CAG to live close by, haha.

And to answer your question: unfortunately, no. The clearance bin was a mess and nothing seemed dirt cheap. Which leads me think this is their first markdown on the stuff in the bin. Regardless, hope you find something worthwhile! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep, Lancaster is what I was referring to. :) my closer one is Harrisburg, but I effectively cleared that one out of anything truly worthwhile. ;)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Yep, Lancaster is what I was referring to. :) my closer one is Harrisburg, but I effectively cleared that one out of anything truly worthwhile. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, then.. I suggest you to keep to your side of the border and I'll keep to mine.. and perhaps this "peace" may continue..:cool:

Haha, but in all seriousness, nice to see a local CAG'er on these boards! Perhaps we'll run into one another when Sears put up something worth "hoarding" over, eh? ;) But, yeah. Aside from the Guitar Hero 5 bundle, there wasn't much else that caught my eyes. If it's still there, it'll be in the aisle near the bathroom. The aisle of the GH5 bundle is to the left of the displayed clearance Wii bundles behind the glass case (it's the old Wii bundle still priced at ~$149.97 in case of those who are curious). But don't be a stranger if you do find something worthwhile! :lol:

Good hunting, brah. :cool:

Did somebody drive around the south picking up 360 elites? Nashville had limited stock 99.97 yesterday, as did Birmingham, Atlanta and Columbia SC. All OOS 249.99 today.

I'm actually from Harrisburg but only visit back there a couple times a year now. I remember how they used to have the video game section right in the middle of the boys clothing area (not mens, boys)...assuming they moved it? I haven't been in the Sears there in a loooong time. Talking about the Colonial Park mall, right?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I
After that I went a little to the south of there and hit up a store that was showing one of the Sylvania netbooks in stock just earlier this week and which is not even coming up on the Google Shopping search AT ALL anymore.:whistle2:# I don't know if maybe that's a precursor to a round of store closings if a store just up and disappears like that or not, but it definitely sucks since I can't even check to see if the netbook shows OOS there now.:roll:
[/QUOTE]

I have had that happen before to both the Sears and BB in my area. Every time it has happened, the stores reappeared within 24 hrs with updated inventory/pricing information.

[quote name='immanewb']Well, then.. I suggest you to keep to your side of the border and I'll keep to mine.. and perhaps this "peace" may continue..:cool:

Haha, but in all seriousness, nice to see a local CAG'er on these boards! Perhaps we'll run into one another when Sears put up something worth "hoarding" over, eh? ;) But, yeah. Aside from the Guitar Hero 5 bundle, there wasn't much else that caught my eyes. If it's still there, it'll be in the aisle near the bathroom. The aisle of the GH5 bundle is to the left of the displayed clearance Wii bundles behind the glass case (it's the old Wii bundle still priced at ~$149.97 in case of those who are curious). But don't be a stranger if you do find something worthwhile! :lol:

Good hunting, brah. :cool:[/QUOTE]

To claim my CAG territory, I'm going to piss all over the Harrisburg area. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Haha, anyways, I will let you know if there is anything of interest. I've never run into another CAGer in the area. Once I think I ran into someone from fat wallet, back when Circuit City had one of their amazing deals. :)

Within the coming days, I may check the camp hill sears as well.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'm actually from Harrisburg but only visit back there a couple times a year now. I remember how they used to have the video game section right in the middle of the boys clothing area (not mens, boys)...assuming they moved it? I haven't been in the Sears there in a loooong time. Talking about the Colonial Park mall, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely moved a while back. That's actually kind of creepy, haha.

Yep Colonial Park mall.... There's not much else there that's worthwhile. I think sears may be the only store with games in there! KBToys gone, FYE stopped carrying games.... Oh wait, there is a crappy gamestop there as well... Bleh.. :)

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Yeah, it definitely moved a while back. That's actually kind of creepy, haha.

Yep Colonial Park mall.... There's not much else there that's worthwhile. I think sears may be the only store with games in there! KBToys gone, FYE stopped carrying games.... Oh wait, there is a crappy gamestop there as well... Bleh.. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah didn't they renovate the HBG Mall so now that's the main one? When I lived there the HBG mall was a dump and a very scary place and the Colonial Park mall was nice a shiny and "the" place to be. The arcade off the food court (is that still there?) is where I was schooled in the ways of Street Fighter 2! Sigh, the good old days, big crowds around SFII machine, people lining up the quarters...

Picked up :
Oblivion GOTY PS3 $5.97 (was hoping for it on x360 but it was $24.97, I can live with avoiding vampire bug)

Saw:
Metal Gear Solid Essentials
Dark Void
R&C Crack in Time
and a whole lot more. They all had old prices on them that were alot higher than they are. They had over 100 games that would get sold if they updated their prices.

[quote name='The Punisher']That cant be the model because both SCPH-77001 and SCPH- 79001 is both the same besides the bio.

The silver that u probably that is $99.99 is probably the newer one. the new ps2 has a glossy plastic on the bottom half with model # scph-90001. these look just like the ps2 toy story 3 bundle ps2.

the scph-79001 has only the glossy thin plastic stripe in the middle of the console. the top and bottom is matte.

did the one u see was maybe scph-90001? these newer model has a internal power supply. the older model has the external power supply.

sorry, but i had to do some research since i was wondering why the guy scanned 2 ps2 and one came to $20 and the other $100.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not sure. All I got out of your post was there was some other model(s) that have a different UPC and hence a different price and that's all that matters anyhow.

The last time I got a PS2 scanned, they didn't even bother to take it out of the case. They wrote the SKU on the box at some point and just punched that into the computer.

Regardless, it's good to know the reason we aren't finding more clearanced PS2's is because they're some other models floating around and not some silly YMMV deal.

[quote name='imacgod']Well, I'm not sure. All I got out of your post was there was some other model(s) that have a different UPC and hence a different price and that's all that matters anyhow.

The last time I got a PS2 scanned, they didn't even bother to take it out of the case. They wrote the SKU on the box at some point and just punched that into the computer.

Regardless, it's good to know the reason we aren't finding more clearanced PS2's is because they're some other models floating around and not some silly YMMV deal.[/QUOTE]

I was giving the reason why some people said it was $99.99. The store i went to didnt have silver ps2 listed on google. the associate brought out 2 ps2 silvers because i asked if he had any. There was a minor change from the old model to the current model we see today. the old model had a external power supply and the new model has a internal power supply. they also had some weight reduced and minor appearances which is probably why it's price different. Google shop on shows what phase we search and doesn't know the differences between models. JUst like when u search "xbox 360 elite bundle" it shows 360 with odst bundle from other sites, but Sears has no pic and only states "xbox 360 elite 120 GB" most of the stores in my whole MD area for PS2 silver and xbox 360 came up as out of stock or limited stock. The prices for the MD area for a ps2 silver came up as $99. Somehow i got really lucky finding this in the store since i wasnt really looking for it. I was looking for lego batman bundle and remember someone from CAG talking about silver ps2 for $19.97. Cant beat finding a ps2 for cheap since its still $100 new reatil and used from $20-$40 on ebay, etc.
Now, what to do with the other?

Anyway, thank you CAG.

Well someone picked up 2 Xbox 360 from a Sears yesterday. Yesterday listed 2 different models at $100, but today both are listed as sold out. Oh well, an hour away and didn't have the time to drive there and back until the weekend.

[quote name='akalboy']Well someone picked up 2 Xbox 360 from a Sears yesterday. Yesterday listed 2 different models at $100, but today both are listed as sold out. Oh well, an hour away and didn't have the time to drive there and back until the weekend.[/QUOTE]

dont worry, there probably be deals soon to push the slims.

Anyone know if they ever restock these games or once theyre sold out thats it? I really wanna get Oblivion and Borderlands

[quote name='deadbird']Anyone know if they ever restock these games or once theyre sold out thats it? I really wanna get Oblivion and Borderlands[/QUOTE]

The very reason they sell these games at such a cheap price is to clear inventory so no, Sears will not restock.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The very reason they sell these games at such a cheap price is to clear inventory so no, Sears will not restock.[/QUOTE]

Yes/No It's ALWAYS possible (though unlikely) that a store will pass stock from one to another.

Guys, this sounds incredibly dumb, but you can't even trust the stickers for the CURRENT month. At my closest store I saw Singularity stickered at 19.97 with "JUL" on it. I thought, that can't be right, so I went and scanned it. Sure enough, 9.97 was the real price. Either people at my Sears can't do their job, or a staff member is mis-stickering on purpose to make sure things drop to a level he's willing to pay.

[quote name='admiralvic']Yes/No It's ALWAYS possible (though unlikely) that a store will pass stock from one to another.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely employees find a hidden stash in the stockroom. I've noticed that if clearance games don't get purchased long enough Sears jacks up the price or slaps a generic UPC barcode on 'em during the holiday season.

I'm sure stores swap stock but I have yet to see it with their video game inventory.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Guys, this sounds incredibly dumb, but you can't even trust the stickers for the CURRENT month. At my closest store I saw Singularity stickered at 19.97 with "JUL" on it. I thought, that can't be right, so I went and scanned it. Sure enough, 9.97 was the real price. Either people at my Sears can't do their job, or a staff member is mis-stickering on purpose to make sure things drop to a level he's willing to pay.[/QUOTE]

If I recall you live in Novi so it comes down to... The one in Westland had a remodel on the up stairs recently. That could explain why some things are out of date. If its the one in Novi people there are stupid and if its the one in Livonia there is just zero traffic.

@Knights:

Yes thats true, but still always on some level possible.

[quote name='admiralvic']If I recall you live in Novi so it comes down to... The one in Westland had a remodel on the up stairs recently. That could explain why some things are out of date. If its the one in Novi people there are stupid and if its the one in Livonia there is just zero traffic.

@Knights:

Yes thats true, but still always on some level possible.[/QUOTE]

Nope it was the Westland one, ha. What I meant was things weren't out of date, it was the fact that the current month's stickers weren't in line with the current months prices. A July sticker shouldn't be wrong.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Could someone please post a picture of the netbook?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted one a few pages back.

bread's done
Back