Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Just got back from the local sears. (Central Louisiana) Looks like the clearance area was wiped out except for the odd amount of Wii games. Punchout!! was $10, Twilight Princess $10, Super Mario Strikers Charged (?) $10, Tiger Woods '10 with wii plus $10 and a couple of other crappers. Xbox 360 wireless headset was 25$. It was hit and miss with the other clearance titles and most of the good ones were locked in the case.

[quote name='Luuc']Hello to my fellow North Carolinians!

I'm in Greenville, in the eastern area near the coast. I like to think I keep my Sears on lock, but I highly doubt that; I got a lot of good games, but there was a 360 listed that no one could find. I assume someone beat me to it. :p

I've been considering visiting the Cary and Durham Sears... Have you been to either of those yet? I won't even bother if you have... lol.[/QUOTE]

Greenville eh? Are you the sunnuvabitch that bought the copy of Punch Out? or Fire Emblem? If so I'll have to keep an eye out for you good sir.

Another North Carolinian here, near Hickory. I went back to Sears today and got a PS3 Band Hero bundle for $29.97. Pretty much everything that was there last week was still at the sears, and I picked up a few more games on top of what I got last week. Luckily for me, they haven't marked any of the games down with stickers and they all show full price but ring up at the clearance prices.

[quote name='Luuc']Hello to my fellow North Carolinians!

I'm in Greenville, in the eastern area near the coast. I like to think I keep my Sears on lock, but I highly doubt that; I got a lot of good games, but there was a 360 listed that no one could find. I assume someone beat me to it. :p

I've been considering visiting the Cary and Durham Sears... Have you been to either of those yet? I won't even bother if you have... lol.[/QUOTE]

the Durham sears was pretty dry the last time I went with the exception of some Tony Hawk bundles, DJ Hero, and other music type bundles. They had a crap load of Wii games in a box right in front of the electronics section.

The Cary Sears makes you work a little harder for the good stuff since they rarely sticker their clearance games anymore. They do have a stand with a bunch of PS2, Wii, and DS accessories with clearance stickers. Many of them have May stickers, so I am sure they are going for less than marked.

I live like 2 minutes from the Cary location and I pass by the Durham location every day going to/from work.

Got a RCA Small Wonders camcorder for 15 the other day and it seems to do pretty well as a stopgap until I pick up a Canon Vixia. Using it on vacation and happy with the results so far.

Drove thru Macon, GA and that store was really well marked with lots of games not listed here, but didn't have time to jot them down. They have a bunch of GH bundles including a BH bundle or two, definitely one for 360 and 1 for ps2.

Spartanburg, SC had the Sony Bloggie. Got two and left two. Had a sticker that said hold for Lucy, but they sold them to me anyway. Tough luck, lucy. Plus they had that endcap receiving an extra 25% off so they ended up being 27 each. Forgot about Duo Pros being on sale and now I'll have to try and locate some. They also had a samsung BR and a sony BR for 100 each, but both ere only wireless ready. Also, manager's special made games an extra 50% off including Diabolical Box, Modern Warfare Mobilized, and UC2.

Looks like I've missed out on the sylvania netbooks anywhere on my path.

Got the following:

:360: Metro 2033 $9.97
:360: Singularity $7.97 :)ps3: was 9.97)
:ps2: Persona 3 FES $5.97
:ps2: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters $5.97

Saw :ds: Rhythm Heaven for $5.97, but didn't pick up. I'd be glad to if someone here wants it and will trade another clearance game for it.

Also looking for someone who has a :ps3: copy of Singularity and wants a :360: version. PM me if you want to set up a trade.

Went to the sears at fairlane mall in Dearborn, MI because google shopping said the only RCA small wonder available was there for $7.97 in limited stock. When I got there an employee asked if I needed assistance so I told him the name of the camcorder and price (which I shouldn't have) then he went looking for it on the computer and went to the back of store. He came back a few minutes later saying there was none left.

[quote name='Kablasia']Went to the sears at fairlane mall in Dearborn, MI because google shopping said the only RCA small wonder available was there for $7.97 in limited stock. When I got there an employee asked if I needed assistance so I told him the name of the camcorder and price (which I shouldn't have) then he went looking for it on the computer and went to the back of store. He came back a few minutes later saying there was none left.[/QUOTE]

the employee probably jack it. never tell them the price.

[quote name='Kablasia']Went to the sears at fairlane mall in Dearborn, MI because google shopping said the only RCA small wonder available was there for $7.97 in limited stock. When I got there an employee asked if I needed assistance so I told him the name of the camcorder and price (which I shouldn't have) then he went looking for it on the computer and went to the back of store. He came back a few minutes later saying there was none left.[/QUOTE]

That store has the worst employees.... I took my 19.97 Rock Band Special Value bundle upstairs to check out, since there was no one standing in electronics. After waiting 15 minutes in line, lady tells me I have to lug the thing back downstairs because she doesn't have the spider wrap remover. Reasonable, but I was pissed. I go back downstairs and guess what? The electronics guy can't get the spiderwrap off himself. So I looked like a thief, walking out of the store with my spiderwrapped bundle :roll:

I bought one there last week. There were about 5 left. They were out on a security hangar two rows from the register by the other cameras. The lady who rang me up was shocked at the price and might have hoarded the rest.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']That store has the worst employees.... I took my 19.97 Rock Band Special Value bundle upstairs to check out, since there was no one standing in electronics. After waiting 15 minutes in line, lady tells me I have to lug the thing back downstairs because she doesn't have the spider wrap remover. Reasonable, but I was pissed. I go back downstairs and guess what? The electronics guy can't get the spiderwrap off himself. So I looked like a thief, walking out of the store with my spiderwrapped bundle :roll:[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of what happened around 7 or 8 years ago. I was buying some clearance games and wasn't paying attention to the employee putting them in the bag. I walk out the store and the security sensor starts to beep. I look in the bag and see the employee didn't take 1 game out of those plastic containers that BBY and Target use now. I go back to electronics and employee tells me that the plastic container comes with the game. I had to explain to him how you need a magnetic opener to get the container open and it is supposed to be used for another game.

I guess all the people in Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC are being quiet. I know you are out there buying up all my stuffs :(

[quote name='dinovelvet']Is he structurally unsound?[/QUOTE]

He might just be unfortunately positioned in a redevelopment designated area. Sad - but it happens..... :lol:

After seeing the amazing deals in this thread I figured I should swing by Sears on the way home.

They had a large bin labeled clearance 29.99 and under. But none of the games were priced. :(
I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I suppose if I am I'll just have to price scan each one.
Is it normal to have a large bin labeled clearance with standard priced games? I was doubting there would be that many deals.

Their case had about 4 ps3 games on display and then just a giant stack of others. Pretty poorly setup, I can deffinitely see how if an item is on clearance it would never get sold.

[quote name='chard19']Just got my friend condemned for .97. I can't figure out which ones are going to be a dollar and which aren't[/QUOTE]

This is what I thought of...

indexgr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

indexgr.jpg

[quote name='robotosan1080']Greenville eh? Are you the sunnuvabitch that bought the copy of Punch Out? or Fire Emblem? If so I'll have to keep an eye out for you good sir.[/QUOTE]

Hah! Yes I bought Fire Emblem. I passed on Punch Out though. Really, I'm curious who ended up getting the 120GB 360 google shopping said they had in stock...

[quote name='msriflegirl']the Durham sears was pretty dry the last time I went with the exception of some Tony Hawk bundles, DJ Hero, and other music type bundles. They had a crap load of Wii games in a box right in front of the electronics section.

The Cary Sears makes you work a little harder for the good stuff since they rarely sticker their clearance games anymore. They do have a stand with a bunch of PS2, Wii, and DS accessories with clearance stickers. Many of them have May stickers, so I am sure they are going for less than marked.

I live like 2 minutes from the Cary location and I pass by the Durham location every day going to/from work.[/QUOTE]

So I made the drive to those two Sears and the one in Raleigh itself today. You're absolutely right about the Durham location; it was pretty bad off, it's weird how they have like 5000000000 wii games and about 10 PS3. I did notice a Mercury Revolution for $.97 and a copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, though... passed on both. I actually ran into a friend of mine from college who works there now and he informed me they had a couple Xbox 360s for $50 the week before and their manager bought both to sell on ebay. That made me kinda mad and is what me leave without buying anything... Heh. :cry:

The Raleigh location has a $99 360 listed in stock but, much like here in Greenville, it was nowhere to be found. :/ The clearance area looked like a tornado or a few children ran through it... there was nothing of note, so I left there empty handed as well.

Now the Cary location... it was much different than you describe. It's true they had the stand of games but literally everything was labeled correctly. I scanned a stack of 12 games just to be certain. Maybe they just tagged all of them since the last time you went? I dunno... But the best part? Everything is much cheaper than normal. Here's what I ended up getting and the prices they were labeled:

:ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $4.17
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $4.17
:psp: Tekken 6 - $4.17
:ps2: Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves - $1.77 x2 (One had one of those dumb UPC stickers on it and rang up at $7.97, but he adjusted it down to the 1.77. :D)
:ps2: Persona 3 FES - $4.17
:ps3: Singularity - $6.97

And the best:

:ps2: Lego Batman Console Bundle - $20.97

It was back stocked, but the employee managed to find it. Funny how easy that was compared to the 360s I've had them look for. :roll:

But yes, msriflegirl and anyone else around the Cary location, I'd suggest checking it out. There's a LOT of stuff still there and it's priced cheaper than other places for whatever reason.

Also, this is random but I had a friend of mine passing through Keene, NH check on some clearance stuff there. She found some good stuff but I've no idea what she passed up while looking for the few things I mentioned. After she had already left the store she texted me "BTW all of those games were 50% off what the stickers said!" The stickers were all accurate as to what we've been reporting. Meaning there was probably a lot more games worth getting at half off. D: No idea if that is still ongoing, but if anyone is near there it may be worth checking out.

Google shopping is way off on some stuff. Certain items that aren't even showing Sears as a place to buy them anymore actually have them in stock in my area. I'm not saying what though.:booty:

[quote name='Luuc']
So I made the drive to those two Sears and the one in Raleigh itself today. You're absolutely right about the Durham location; it was pretty bad off, it's weird how they have like 5000000000 wii games and about 10 PS3. I did notice a Mercury Revolution for $.97 and a copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, though... passed on both. I actually ran into a friend of mine from college who works there now and he informed me they had a couple Xbox 360s for $50 the week before and their manager bought both to sell on ebay. That made me kinda mad and is what me leave without buying anything... Heh. :cry:

The Raleigh location has a $99 360 listed in stock but, much like here in Greenville, it was nowhere to be found. :/ The clearance area looked like a tornado or a few children ran through it... there was nothing of note, so I left there empty handed as well.

Now the Cary location... it was much different than you describe. It's true they had the stand of games but literally everything was labeled correctly. I scanned a stack of 12 games just to be certain. Maybe they just tagged all of them since the last time you went? I dunno... But the best part? Everything is much cheaper than normal. Here's what I ended up getting and the prices they were labeled:

:ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $4.17
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village - $4.17
:psp: Tekken 6 - $4.17
:ps2: Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves - $1.77 x2 (One had one of those dumb UPC stickers on it and rang up at $7.97, but he adjusted it down to the 1.77. :D)
:ps2: Persona 3 FES - $4.17
:ps3: Singularity - $6.97

And the best:

:ps2: Lego Batman Console Bundle - $20.97

It was back stocked, but the employee managed to find it. Funny how easy that was compared to the 360s I've had them look for. :roll:

But yes, msriflegirl and anyone else around the Cary location, I'd suggest checking it out. There's a LOT of stuff still there and it's priced cheaper than other places for whatever reason.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update...working late nights this week has kept me away, but I will drop by the Cary store to see if I can find anything I need. I wish I had waited on Singularity and saved myself $3...and of course I can't find my receipt. I wish I had thought to check for the consoles...I was in that store twice last week...grrrrrr

Damn, I can't believe some of the great stuff that people are still finding. Kingdom Hearts, Mirror's Edge, Persona, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out, Advance Wars, Mercury Revolution, and more. I'd be thrilled if our Sears had even half of this stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What model Bloggie camera was this? I don't think I've even heard anyone but you mention it.[/QUOTE]It's been discussed sporadically as not many have found it. It's a MHS-PM5. I googled "Sears Sony Bloggie" under shopping and it usually comes up even if it's oos. It's listed as violet as the color.

Great so I have two rivals here.
Luckily I have the distinct advantage of being in the store 30 hours a week . . .
Also, we never had that xbox.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There is a Sears clearance game buy/sell/trade thread. It's in the Master Trade List section. Just hit the drop down menu at the top of the page and look for it.;)[/QUOTE]

I searched and there is no Sears clearance game buy/sell/trade thread.
Can you provide a link?
Thanks

[quote name='ZombieToast']Damn, I can't believe some of the great stuff that people are still finding. Kingdom Hearts, Mirror's Edge, Persona, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out, Advance Wars, Mercury Revolution, and more. I'd be thrilled if our Sears had even half of this stuff.[/QUOTE]

My Sears HAD a lot of that stuff but it was gone...quick! Now they've put some new stuff back out into the bin but it looks like they're just starting the same old cycle again of putting the prices high to begin with and then slooooooowly going down. I know I saw Dead Space 2, FO: 3 GOTY and Dead Rising 2 but I think they were all 29.99... I only looked at the 360 stuff but they had probably 15 more 360 games and a bunch of stuff for other systems.

[quote name='robotosan1080']Great so I have two rivals here.
Luckily I have the distinct advantage of being in the store 30 hours a week . . .
Also, we never had that xbox.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Well I don't feel so bad now. :lol:

Lol that is lucky for you... Won't stop me from trying though! But really, there's not much in that current clearance bin I want. Some new stuff would have to get clearanced and then a few months would need to pass for them to hit prices I'm willing to pay. So I think our rivalry is stifled for now. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Google shopping is way off on some stuff. Certain items that aren't even showing Sears as a place to buy them anymore actually have them in stock in my area. I'm not saying what though.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. now a sears store is now showing limited stock 360 arcade and elite.

It was OSS last week. They claim they donthave it.:roll:

I'm new to this thread and a few questions on exactly how it worked.

So is there no master list like in the Target Clearance thread or the 2009 Sears Clearance one?

I hear people referencing Google Shopping, does that mean you just search for what you want on Google shopping, and if its on clearance it'll show up on Google Shopping?

Will the clearance price show up on Google Shopping, or just the regular price? I ask because I saw Fallout New Vegas at a Sears store for 19.99, but I see posts here for people getting it for 9.99, so I was wondering if clearance prices are updated on Google Shopping?

[quote name='JocularMango']I'm new to this thread and a few questions on exactly how it worked.

So is there no master list like in the Target Clearance thread or the 2009 Sears Clearance one?

I hear people referencing Google Shopping, does that mean you just search for what you want on Google shopping, and if its on clearance it'll show up on Google Shopping?

Will the clearance price show up on Google Shopping, or just the regular price? I ask because I saw Fallout New Vegas at a Sears store for 19.99, but I see posts here for people getting it for 9.99, so I was wondering if clearance prices are updated on Google Shopping?[/QUOTE]

1. No master list to avoid lurkers stealing a complete list
2. Yes, that's sorta how it works. You Google the item, then go to Shopping. From here you click the item you want, and hit "Nearby stores". Then it will show the in-store prices of said store, and the clearance items for Sears will end in ".97"

The other difference between this and the Target thread is that for Sears, if it says in stock, it might actually be in stock. Target, not so much.

[quote name='Rajj']The other difference between this and the Target thread is that for Sears, if it says in stock, it might actually be in stock. Target, not so much.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. If it says "in stock" then yes. "Limited stock" = just as much of a crapshoot as any other store.

The Google shopping is actually always accurate, as long as you realize the following conditions:

1) The clearance prices do not show up until 8 a.m. the next day after a drop.
2) The current stock does not update until 8 a.m. the next day. Much like Gamestop.com, the item can say "limited stock," but if someone bought it at any point in the day, it will not change to out of stock until the next day.
3) Not all stock is always out on the floor. The employees hold/hide games and accessories until they can purchase them just like any other retail chain, and you can ask them to "check the back" all you want but if they are holding a $50 XBox360, they aren't going to say "aww, shucks, you caught me" and hand it over.

Happy hunting!

[quote name='sadakou']The Google shopping is actually always accurate, as long as you realize the following conditions:

1) The clearance prices do not show up until 8 a.m. the next day after a drop.
2) The current stock does not update until 8 a.m. the next day. Much like Gamestop.com, the item can say "limited stock," but if someone bought it at any point in the day, it will not change to out of stock until the next day.
3) Not all stock is always out on the floor. The employees hold/hide games and accessories until they can purchase them just like any other retail chain, and you can ask them to "check the back" all you want but if they are holding a $50 XBox360, they aren't going to say "aww, shucks, you caught me" and hand it over.

Happy hunting![/QUOTE]

In theory, yes. But stuff gets stolen, and therefore google will still indicate certain items are in store when they are not. I've personally come across several open DS games with the cartridges removed.

[quote name='dinovelvet']YMMV. If it says "in stock" then yes. "Limited stock" = just as much of a crapshoot as any other store.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, I've found Sears Limited Stock on a number of occasions but the only times I've found Target Limited Stock was when it wasn't on clearance in that store. So imho, Sears > Target.

[quote name='dinovelvet']In theory, yes. But stuff gets stolen, and therefore google will still indicate certain items are in store when they are not. I've personally come across several open DS games with the cartridges removed.[/QUOTE]

Addendum:
4) The above 3 rules only apply if your Sears isn't located in the ghetto/city and if your Sears employees are competent and remove all unsealed games from the clearance area for 1506 returns. ;)

OK. Can anyone explain exactly why a Sears I was at last week or so has completely vanished from the Google Shopping thing now? They had :ps3: Singularity and a handful of other games on clearance there, but now they're not even showing up at all for anything, even on stuff they were in stock on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. Can anyone explain exactly why a Sears I was at last week or so has completely vanished from the Google Shopping thing now? They had :ps3: Singularity and a handful of other games on clearance there, but now they're not even showing up at all for anything, even on stuff they were in stock on.[/QUOTE]

They might have gotten wiped out by the recent additional 25% off and $5 clearance specials that managers have been running on a store-to-store basis this week. Same thing happens when I try to search for Planet Puzzle League or other clearance games that were in stock locally last week but are now long gone. All it takes is the managers setting the clearance items out on a table in front of the TVs for casual shoppers to clear it out in less than a day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. Can anyone explain exactly why a Sears I was at last week or so has completely vanished from the Google Shopping thing now? They had :ps3: Singularity and a handful of other games on clearance there, but now they're not even showing up at all for anything, even on stuff they were in stock on.[/QUOTE]
Are you filtering Google by "nearby" locations? I noticed when i do that filter it only shows Best Buy and ToysRUs now.

Just stopped by my local Sears again. I tried scanning some games for clearance prices; only found Lego Rock Band (Xbox 360) for $3.97. After that, I went to pick up 2 of the 4g memory stick for $3.94. The employee was quite surprised and told me I should pick up 10 of these. I'm pretty sure he will pick up the rest after he's done with his shift.

[quote name='nbballard']Are you filtering Google by "nearby" locations? I noticed when i do that filter it only shows Best Buy and ToysRUs now.[/QUOTE]
No. I don't have it filtering for only nearby stores. It's weird, since the one Sears about 20 miles from that one(in NJ) is still showing up on Google, but the one I stopped at isn't popping up at all anymore.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. I don't have it filtering for only nearby stores. It's weird, since the one Sears about 20 miles from that one(in NJ) is still showing up on Google, but the one I stopped at isn't popping up at all anymore.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

JERSEY!

I may go to a sears and see if i am lucky.

I have been to 2 Bestbuys, and 2 walmarts. Half of the stores don't even have a clearance, and the ones that do suck.

Is there any method to this?

Milwaukee area sears are a fucking waste. Either the employees buy everything on clearance or they just simply do not mark shit down.

It has been a good two years since I've seen anything but MSRP from the sears around here. And yes, i've tried scanning things.

Was able to score two sealed Halo Wars Limited Edition's $20 and a Sealed Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $25

Dont know if anyone else has this but my sears clearance has a BUNCH of games unsealed/opened that just leave on a cart in the corner of the store with the games still inside.

bread's done
Back