Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Picked up Kung Fu Rider (3.97) and NHL 10 (2.97). Perfect timing for me since another guy hoarded 3 copies of Kung Fu Rider after I went through the clearance bin.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Fat. Have 4 at my local sears for forever now.[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa whoa... when did these go on clearance?? I need to go and pick one up to upgrade my 4gb xbox then. :D

[quote name='shivan128']whoa whoa whoa... when did these go on clearance?? I need to go and pick one up to upgrade my 4gb xbox then. :D[/QUOTE]

If you can find a link to it on google shopping please post :) I've been digging but comin up with lint.

[quote name='shivan128']whoa whoa whoa... when did these go on clearance?? I need to go and pick one up to upgrade my 4gb xbox then. :D[/QUOTE]

Columbus oh they have them at the checkout desk in electronics.

Has anyone opened and played their band hero bundle? My wires were brittle and falling apart and some pads weren't working. Just something to be aware of.

[quote name='audilover']JERSEY!

I may go to a sears and see if i am lucky.

I have been to 2 Bestbuys, and 2 walmarts. Half of the stores don't even have a clearance, and the ones that do suck.

Is there any method to this?[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Jersey audilover?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Has anyone opened and played their band hero bundle? My wires were brittle and falling apart and some pads weren't working. Just something to be aware of.[/QUOTE]Call Activision. They are getting contacted about this alot now (wonder why!) and acknowledged the problem right away. All I had to do was scan a pic of my receipt and send it to them and they sent me a brand new set of drums. The new set, not the GHWT drums since those are no longer being made. UPGRADE! Drums already arrived yesterday. Took about seven minutes and they were extremely nice and cooperative. Another CAG told me he got nowhere with email, I suggested he call, but I haven't heard his results yet.

[quote name='audilover']northern nj, near garden state plaza mall, paramus[/QUOTE]

Oh I was going to hit up the Paramus Sears when they showed the 360 in stock, but didn't have time and it went OOS a few days later.

[quote name='boneless']Is the xbox 250gb hard drive for $49.99 the fat or slim one?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Fat. Have 4 at my local sears for forever now.[/QUOTE]Was there a manager overide or something? I know the 60gb is 49.97 and was wondering if maybe they mistagged the 250gb drive you got. I've hit several Sears while driving all over the southeast this past week and every one had the 250gb drive marked 130 including the up to date price tagged stores.

[quote name='jimmienoman']fat. Have 4 at my local sears for forever now.[/quote]

[quote name='jdawgg76']was there a manager overide or something? I know the 60gb is 49.97 and was wondering if maybe they mistagged the 250gb drive you got. I've hit several sears while driving all over the southeast this past week and every one had the 250gb drive marked 130 including the up to date price tagged stores.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Kablasia']Any electronics on clearance this weekend?
Such as a camcorder or netbook :)[/QUOTE]

New items enter the Sears clearance cycle on a monthly basis, not every weekend. Please search through the prior pages for more information on specific dates on new clearance (for the same reason this thread does not contain a master list wiki).

[quote name='sadakou']New items enter the Sears clearance cycle on a monthly basis, not every weekend. Please search through the prior pages for more information on specific dates on new clearance (for the same reason this thread does not contain a master list wiki).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, you will know of new items being found on clearance by reading the most recent posts, no need to ask. Its not like there are 30 of us waiting for a special invitation to post our daily finds.

My sears has a rollcage on the floor full of Wii Systems (various sku) on clearance. The cage also has a slim PS2 (no pack in), and a bunch of 160gig PS3 slims in it.

No prices are on those, and google still lists them as MSRP.

Anyone know if I should investigate further?

Checked into sears yesterday, nothing new. Although the games there were already on clearance dropped a little more. From what i can remember there was a Naruto Uzamaki Chronicle PS2, MLB the Show 09 PS3 $2 each.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Was there a manager overide or something? I know the 60gb is 49.97 and was wondering if maybe they mistagged the 250gb drive you got. I've hit several Sears while driving all over the southeast this past week and every one had the 250gb drive marked 130 including the up to date price tagged stores.[/QUOTE]

Not sure as there are 5 total. 1 60 GB 4 250GB all same price. Could be a mislabel

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Not sure as there are 5 total. 1 60 GB 4 250GB all same price. Could be a mislabel[/QUOTE]

So you have not purchased nor actually scanned the 250GB?

:wii: wii speak microphone:
$5.97 * 50% manager's discount (posted sign, so YMMV) = $2.99

worth buying? what games besides 'animal xing' uses this?

[quote name='V Gundam']So you have not purchased nor actually scanned the 250GB?[/QUOTE]

Not purchased or scanned but it has a sales big bold sales tag on it stating the clearance price, then a store specific discount or manager special (whatever you want to call it but 10% more off) then the final total.

They could have mislabeled the original clearance because both the 60GB and 250GB are the same price. I'm out of town until thursday, but will post a pic when I get home.

I went for my first clearance run ever and it was a complete fail. I have a Kmart that is attached to a sears auto so I figured it should have clearance items too. I go to the gaming section and there are literally hundreds of games on clearance. Half were tagged 19.99 the other had no tags. I took literally 30 games and started scanning, each game came up for 19.99, and few were 15. That was heart breaking ha, I was thinking atleast one game has to be cheap, just one!

[quote name='audilover']I went for my first clearance run ever and it was a complete fail. I have a Kmart that is attached to a sears auto so I figured it should have clearance items too. I go to the gaming section and there are literally hundreds of games on clearance. Half were tagged 19.99 the other had no tags. I took literally 30 games and started scanning, each game came up for 19.99, and few were 15. That was heart breaking ha, I was thinking atleast one game has to be cheap, just one![/QUOTE]

The good news is that now you know that there is a payload there. Clearance markdowns usually happen once a month. Once in a while they will have manager special bins or markdowns, but that isn't the norm. So head back next month.

It's very hit or miss. I went to 3 different Sears and they had 3 different prices for some of the same games. The salesperson I talked to said they get emails to change the prices and sometimes they don't get labeled. He was cool though, he grabbed a bunch of random games and just started scanning to check the price. Some did drop (Singularity down to $3 for instance). Problem is this dude is into gaming too and said several of his co-workers always look for deals on games too. Nothing like competing with employees. Sigh. In fact, dude scanned a game for $2 and said "can't beat that" and tucked it on the side of the register so he could buy later.

[quote name='audilover']I went for my first clearance run ever and it was a complete fail. I have a Kmart that is attached to a sears auto so I figured it should have clearance items too. I go to the gaming section and there are literally hundreds of games on clearance. Half were tagged 19.99 the other had no tags. I took literally 30 games and started scanning, each game came up for 19.99, and few were 15. That was heart breaking ha, I was thinking atleast one game has to be cheap, just one![/QUOTE]
Kmart and Sears clearance are totally different. The KmartGamer thread OP has a list of recently (and not so recently) dropped games and their prices. These prices won't drop to drastically below what they are now unlike Sears which could hit sub $5 for some games.

On Saturday, we bought Lego Rock Band for 360 for $2.97 and we got Kung Fu Rider for PS3 for $7.97. Too bad we didn't realize that the game requires Move. Womp womp wompppppp.

A friend of mine wanted me to pass along to CAG that she saw that all Guitar Hero and Band Hero games for the DS were $8 when she was at Sears.:cool::cool::cool:

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The good news is that now you know that there is a payload there. Clearance markdowns usually happen once a month. Once in a while they will have manager special bins or markdowns, but that isn't the norm. So head back next month.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. It seems they do their markdown the first friday of the month from what I read (there a lotttt of pages), so I guess the 6 or 8.

I may just go tomorrow for the hell of it, to take a break from studying.

@ivana89 - Endless Ocean 2 and Monster Hunter Tri uses the Wii Speak along with the Wii Speak Channel

I went to Sears today and got Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions (PSP) for 7.97.

Scanned the following:

:wii: Punch-Out! - $9.97
:wii: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $9.97 (original version)
:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $9.97
:ds: Planet Puzzle League - $5.97
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII - $3.97

Also, the below two games were not on clearance though I could have sworn people were posting that they were:
:wii: Super Paper Mario - $49.99
:wii: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - $49.99

Got :360: Saw for $5 (even though it rang up at $15 but the sticker said $4.99)

Also saw
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider ~$5
:ps3: Sports Champions ~$5
:360: Rock Band: Metallica ~$5
:psp: R-Type Command ~$5

[quote name='Josef']Scanned the following:

:wii: Punch-Out! - $9.97
:wii: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $9.97 (original version)
:wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $9.97
:ds: Planet Puzzle League - $5.97
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII - $3.97

Also, the below two games were not on clearance though I could have sworn people were posting that they were:
:wii: Super Paper Mario - $49.99
:wii: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - $49.99[/QUOTE]

I got
iconwii.gif
Super Paper Mario for $9.97.

There hasn't been a new price drop since early July has there? People are just what they picked up recently, right? I passed on going to Sears today, so I hope I don't have reason to regret that decision (although I haven't seen anything I wanted recently).

I got Singularity for PS3 with a green tag for $4.98. It was the last one in the bin and the manager had to put in the discount because it scanned at $9.97. It was slim pickin's though.

Picked up today

Lego Rockband for xbox 360-$1.97
Alpha Protocol Xbox 360-$3.97
Madagascar 2 PS3-$3.97
Hot Shot Golf PSP-$.97
Hot Shot Golf 2 PSP-$1.97
Rythem Heaven DS-$2.97
Katamari Damacy PS2-$1.97

They all Had price tags that were $20 and up but i scanned them and they came up at that price.

[quote name='Hoos First']Just picked up:

8- 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo's ($1.97 each)
:ps3:Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle ($14.97)[/QUOTE]

Dude! Where the hell was this?!?

[quote name='Readthepost']I got
iconwii.gif
Super Paper Mario for $9.97.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Google says it's it was on clearance but it's long gone around me.[/QUOTE]

Just checked Google Shopping and the 5 nearest ones near me are all $49.99.

Regarding Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, 4 stores had it at $49.99 and 1 had it at $9.97.

Here is a list of some PS3 games that I have gotten from Sears lately...

Band Hero (Band Kit) 29.97
Socom Confrontation bundled with Bluetooth headset 9.97 (2 copies!)
Singularity 9.97
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition 7.97
MLB 09 7.97
Borderlands 5.97
Prototype 5.97
007 Quantum Of Solace 5.97
Devil May Cry 4 5.97
Street Fighter IV 5.97
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 5.97
FIFA Soccer 10 4.97
Mirror's Edge 3.97
Dark Void 3.97
Brutal Legend 1.97

[quote name='Hoos First']Lynchburg, VA[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

The one thing I can say for Southern Cali is that there isn't jack-all here! Especially not at a decent clearance price.

Picked up:
Quantom of Solace :360: 5.97
Patapon 2 :psp: .97
Dark Void :ps3: 3.97
Blacksite: Area 51 :ps3: 5.97
Borderlands :ps3: 5.97

Saw but didnt pick up:
60 GB Hard Drive w/ 3 month gold card and headset :360: 49.99
Oblivion :ps3: 14.97
Hot Shots Golf :psp: 7.97
Saw :360: 14.97
Guitar Hero Metallica :360: 7.97
Rainbow Six Vegas :ps3: 13.97
Alpha Protocol :ps3: 7.97
NBA Live 10 :ps3: 14.97

there was a lot more but i cant remember them

I hit up THREE Sears stores today. The first one had a mishmash of $6 clearance titles, the second one stopped selling games a few years ago but yet had a Hannah Montana PSP bundle sitting in the one case marked $129.99 and the third one had mostly clearance titles $24.97 and OVER and nothing cheaper.

I picked up the following from the first store(and found out one of the employees buys up shit to 'sell at the local flea market':bomb:):

:ps3:Blacksite: Area 51-$5.97
:ps3:Mirror's Edge-$3.97
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time-$5.97
:ps3:Dark Void-$3.97
:ps3:WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010-$5.97(but didn't realize till I got home that someone stole the fuckin' disc:bomb:, have to try going to my closest store tomorrow for a swapout for another copy or a refund)
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4-$5.97
:360: 3 month XBL Gold card-$3.97

Unfortunately the Memory Stick Pro Duo 4gb's that're STILL showing as in stock at the first store I hit today were MIA from the spot they were in 3 weeks ago when I was there last.:cry:

Oh well. I still made out pretty well for it being a store where the employees grab up some of the shit from.;)

Was away in VT and picked up a few titles:
Civilization :ds: $3.97
BOING!Docomodake :ds: $3.97
Boom Blox :wii: $5.97
I thought Boom Blox was basically gone from retail. I hadn't seen it in forever, so I was very surprised to not only find it, but find it on clearance. This Sears had a bunch of other clearance titles but I was keeping myself on a tight budget.

I found Rythem Heaven for about $5 mixed in with the regular games on the shelf, everything in the clearence bin got changed from $4 to $10 at my store.

I picked up a Persona 3 FES and a mislabeled Rock Band 3 PS3 for $5.97 each yesterday. Was pretty happy with that. Too bad the employee working wouldn't even try to help me find any of the things that google said they should have.

bread's done
Back