Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='shoe478']

These people should be put in jail along with the people that pull the tag off of mattresses.[/QUOTE]

people like you like to laugh this stuff off but i'm sure you're the first in line to whine about mail prices. :roll:

[quote name='shoe478']Yeah but I would've saved 3 or 4 dollars on a box so it sounds like a wash.[/QUOTE]

How is it a wash? You package doesn't get delivered, genius.

[quote name='confoosious']people like you like to laugh this stuff off but i'm sure you're the first in line to whine about mail prices. :roll:

[/quote]

You don't know me. When I heard about the problems the Post Office was having, I went out to buy some stamps to help out. I'm not going to use them.

[quote name='confoosious']How is it a wash? You package doesn't get delivered, genius.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wrong about that. I meant I save 3 or 4 dollars since I didn't have to buy a box.

[quote name='scottman']Seriously, go talk about this shipping stuff somewhere else. It's been at least 3 pages of this garbage now.[/QUOTE]

+1. I dont get why people even try to argue with confoosious, dude is probably the most self-righteous person on CAG.

Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.

Also picked up
Soul Calibur IV $5
Riddick $5
Red Faction $5
$Skate 2 $5
Some great cheap titles for sure, thanks for the heads up OP.

The usps is a private buisness and not ran by the government who ever said that and matt you don't have to wait they will stack onto your current subscription time

Finally registered,been on bluray.com for a while,but they had no info. about Sears.Between 3 stores i got:
:ps3: MLB 09- $5
Skate 2 - $5
Dark Void - $4
Burnout Paradise - $5
Alpha Protocol - $5
Also found and bought 1 DS3 -silver- $19.97

:wii: Deadspace Extraction - $5
NHL 2K10 - $6
These stores didnt know anything about the additional 33 % off clearance games unfortunately.
Saw some ok looking Sony digital cameras,kinda need a new one,but hoping they'll go cheaper.I think i'm done with Sears for now,but these sales are addicting,its like a crack fiend chasing your next high,lol.Only kidding,i don't do drugs.

[quote name='newbslice']The usps is a private buisness and not ran by the government who ever said that and matt you don't have to wait they will stack onto your current subscription time[/QUOTE]

Part true. They haven't really gotten tax dollars in 30 years, but they're still a government entity.

I am officially no longer going to Sears to look for games. They still have the exact same games in stock and they're not getting any cheaper.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']That my friend is why I called you a Sheldon cooper wannabe. You both are funny though.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, well, I'll take that as a compliment, so thanks.

[quote name='Readthepost']First, I tend to use FCM for games and accessories and Media Mail for guides....but the really important thing I found out is that the FCM and the 13 oz rule is not so strict.[/QUOTE]
That definitely depends on the employee. Some will wave it through as long as it's under 14 oz, but there are just as many who won't.

[quote name='Readthepost']I have a Flat rate box here.

On the side of the box.
"This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for the use in sending Priority Mail Shipments. Misuse may be a violation of federal law. This packaging is not for resale"
It says may be a violation of federal law, not is a violation.[/QUOTE]
You can't really use semantics to create a loophole for yourself. They say "may be a violation" because it depends on what you actually do with the box. And they, of course, are the ones who decide what qualifies as a violation. You're not likely to get in trouble for using USPS boxes in this way, but keep in mind that they reserve the right to inspect your packages (and without your permission once it's in their possession). I've certainly never had this happen, but it could.

[quote name='stoned99']I can see their point, if you walk into the post office grab 20 priority boxes, turn them inside out and use them to mail your own stuff, the Post Office is in effect subsidizing you. How can they tell if a box was used before if it's been turned inside out.[/QUOTE]
Easily. First of all, it will be folded differently. I used to do this all the time a few years back and I usually got by, but they caught it on a few occasions. But more importantly, Priority Mail boxes now have "Priority Mail" printed all over them, like so:
http://swiftor.com/blogs/swift/atta...ing-inside-priority-mail-boxes-picture-70.jpg

[quote name='shoe478']These people should be put in jail along with the people that pull the tag off of mattresses.[/QUOTE]
It's perfectly legal to pull the tags off of your own mattresses. This law applies mostly to retailers (although I imagine it likely extends to evildoers haphazardly pulling off tags in a store).

[quote name='newbslice']The usps is a private buisness and not ran by the government who ever said that and matt you don't have to wait they will stack onto your current subscription time[/QUOTE]
True, they are not run by the government, but they are still an indepent agency of the government, which means they are protected by federal law and they have sovereign immunity, eminent domain, and certain exclusive legal delivery rights. So, basically...they are not the government, but if you fuck with them, the government has their back.

[quote name='lude21']+1. I dont get why people even try to argue with confoosious, dude is probably the most self-righteous person on cag.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='scottman']Seriously, go talk about this shipping stuff somewhere else. It's been at least 3 pages of this garbage now.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Just got back from my Sears and apparently they didn't get the memo that clearance isn't $40 on 2 yr old games, didn't find one game for sale under 20

Had a nice haul today.

:ps3:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $8
Singularity - $5

:360:
3-month gold card - $4
60 GB Starter Kit - $20
Chronicles of Riddick - $5
Mass Effect - $5

I was planning on trading in Mass Effect and Riddick to Gamestop to go towards the 3 for an extra $10 since I already have both but seeing as how Riddick only trades in for $1.50 that's now a birthday present for a friend. I also don't need the 60 GB hard drive so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mattyg00013']Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.
[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if they are expired?

I can confirm that they have not expired. After reading both of your posts, I went and redeemed my 3 months from the Starter Bundle and it worked just fine.

Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?

[quote name='DJP519']Yeah, I bought a wireless headset from blockbuster a couple months ago. Out of the box, it appeared to be DOA, the lights couldn't come on to indicate it was charging when I plugged it in. But I left it plugged into a USB port for several hours, then unplugged it, and plugged it back in. This time, it did light up. Left it charge overnight, and now it works fine. So it was just a case of the battery being so completely depleted that it couldn't run the lights, but it did absorb at least a partial charge. So try that if you're otherwise stuck. Edit - to clarify, I used a USB port on my computer, so I didn't have to leave the xbox on overnight.[/QUOTE]

The headset I bought a few days ago charged with no problem
Plugged it in and lights started flashing and started charging right away.

[quote name='preston181']Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?[/QUOTE]
Use Google Shopping to see if any Sears stores by you have them in stock. Just search 7" Sylvania Netbook on Google Shopping and it should bring up your local Sears stores and tell you if there are any in stock and/or what price they'd be.;)

I didn't realize Fight Night 3 was $5 until I read the thread last night. I had just been at Sears and they still had a copy marked at $15 so I thought I was golden. Stopped in today and they finally decided to tag the new drops... and Fight Night was gone. But they did consolidate some of the clearance stuff and I found a few new items to pick up.

Grabbed a PS3 charging base $9.97, a Wii classic controller $4.97 and a PSP 2gb memory Stick Pro Duo $4.97.

I looked through the thread but I didn't see anything about the DJ Hero 2 bundles but apparently they dropped pretty low because they had four last night and none today. I did see that they have the white and black Wii consoles on clearance for $149. I'll be watching the black ones for a further drop.

[quote name='skiizim']Is that netbook even worth it, the reviews seem really crappy on it.[/QUOTE]

We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.

It says I have one near me but the price says $50 so I think I just may pass on it. The only reason I would want one is if I go on a trip and I wouldn't have to worry over a non expensive item.

[quote name='cat_tango']We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you got Android onto it? I thought that Windows CE was flashed onto the ROM and you couldn't get rid of it?

Can you give me a walkthrough on how you did it?

I managed to pick up the 60 gig starter kit for xbox at the Merritt Square mall for $20, for those in the FL Space Coast area. There were 2 left.

Did well at one of my local sears

Guitar Hero 5 bundle Wii - 14.97
60gb hd kit 360 - 19.97
PS2 controller - 4.97
Powershot A490 - 24.97

There are many of the 60 GB starter kits in the (southern) boston area. I picked up a few to upgrade my xbox. Also picked up a few copies of the following:

:ps3: Singularity x 2
:ps3: Red faction: Guerrilla x 2
:360: Raiden fighter aces

All for 4.97 each.

Also found 2x Silver Dual Shock 3's which I was quite surprised I found. Was looking for a silver ps2, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xDerekRx']Powershot A490 - 24.97[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:
[quote name='shivan128']Was looking for a silver ps3, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.[/QUOTE]
I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.[/QUOTE]

I know waht you mean!! I wasn't really looking for the memory cards, but what the heck, for $5, I'll splurge. ;) Gotta find some of those 360 play and charge kits though, I have some controllers that could use them!

[quote name='msriflegirl']I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)

[quote name='msriflegirl']I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.[/QUOTE]
Ah, good ol' Fayettenam. My old stomping ground. If only I knew about clearance back then like I do now. :lol:
That whole Cross Creek area seems like such a pain to get around now.

Singularity is enjoyable so far. The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to restart an entire level. You are stuck with using the last checkpoint, so make your decisions wisely in the game.

[quote name='RealDeals']Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)[/QUOTE]

Was it still within the 14 day return/price guarantee period? I bought mine for $10 about a month ago and I was wondering if I would still be able to get $5 back.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was shocked to see them sitting there. They were marked 24.97 too. Its a very decent 10mp camera. I saw on my phone they generally bring 80$ on ebay so well worth the pickup. They had 3 at my Sears so I grabbed 2. 1 is an easy gift for my parents.

They had a ton of other cameras on clearance. Going back today to check them out again to see if there are any more gems. I remember when I worked at Sears last year this was around the time of year when lots of good camera clearances happen.

How much for DJ HERO 2 bundle? I saw last night. didnt know its on sale..
Just pick 8gb PSP micro memory adapter 14.97 / alpha protocol 4.97

Walmart still has the memory cards for $19.99 here along with all other PS2 accessories at 19.99 so picking them up for $5 each is a steal. I didn't really need another memory card either but you never know someday I might need it especially if I find a crapload of cheap PS2 games.

[quote name='UNC5052']Was it still within the 14 day return/price guarantee period? I bought mine for $10 about a month ago and I was wondering if I would still be able to get $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Is it 14 days? It's been around a month since I bought it. I don't even know, the guy just took my receipt and adjusted it, probably because it was still shrink wrapped :lol:

My local Sears is fail. They are a "B" store, which is apparently code for "don't carry sh!t". No video game stock at all, and extremely limited stock of electronics. Only clearance item they had was an Alluretek eBook reader for $19.99. So, no soup for me I guess.

Says that netbook is $36 and out of stock at the sears closest to us. Tempting.... Would be good to let the kids have just to visit nickjr and pbskids on.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have to defend myself.

[quote name='confoosious']You're seriously dickering over "may be a violation" and "is a violation"?
Also, you're completely wrong:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16072154/detail.html
[/QUOTE]
Was he charged? No...he told if he continues that he COULD be charged with misuse of postal property. It's a scare tactic.

*I'm reusing used boxes (I see that a lot of people thought I was using new boxes). No, I'm trying to be earth friendly by recycling.

[quote name='confoosious']"The Postal Service said it promotes recycling, as long as customers pay accordingly, even if the box is turned inside out."
And by extension... any other use of their boxes. When the post office says they promote recycling, they mean that they want you to put it in your recycle bin and have the materials recycled at a processing plant. They do not mean you can repurpose the boxes for any other purpose.[/QUOTE]
There is no Cardboard recycling at work or in my town, only newspapers can be recycled. Cans and glasses too. So the boxes have to be thrown into the regular garbage. Very wasteful.

[quote name='confoosious']Because otherwise, consumers can just order a ton of boxes to use for things other than intended. Need cardboard for a gardening project? Order 100 boxes. After all, you're not using it for fedex right? USPS says no way Jose.[/QUOTE] This is not my point...I'm talking about re-using a flat rate box as LIGHT WEIGHT padding. Someone has already paid the PO to use the box as a Priority Mail package and I'm cutting the box down to size (to lower the weight even more) to get under the 13 oz rule.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']The postal service is the govt and the govt doesn't like their money fucked with.[/QUOTE] The box has been paid for once already. I'm not fucking anyone.
[quote name='confoosious']After all, what is the difference between using a priority box inside another box "as padding" and cutting up a priority box and using it as padding? It's still a used priority box for something other than priority mail.[/QUOTE]
Actually if Mr. Gary Adler/anyone else did that, there would be no problem. Why? BECAUSE the PO needs a Search Warranty to open FCM even if they think it's a violation.
Read the fourth question and answer.
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/faq.aspx
The package IS protected, not may be protected, under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution.

[quote name='donut']Idiot suggestions like this are driving FedEx & UPS to charge more and rethink free supplies.
Stop being lazy idiots and just reuse a box.
It's free and better for the now fragile environment.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I was talking about reusing already used boxes. The other idiots are driving up the prices especially the guy who blocked the doorway.

[quote name='DJP519']Pretty sure they're asking you to recycle AFTER you'd used it for its intended purpose... :wall:[/QUOTE]
I'm....people are sending me packages to my office using small boxes when there are only few pages of contracts and they pay the full price.
I asked them to use a PM letter, but they keep using boxes.

Is clearance prices universal at all sears, does each store have to refresh and sync their computer/register or something for the price to pop up?

I have 2 sears near me and the
PS3 bluetooth head set was clearance at both stores but 1 was for 44.99 (lazy one with no one at the registers or attending store) and the other 19.99 (with actual ppl in it). I could not find anything else.

Idk I'm wondering the same thing, the one Sears near me the old controllers they still have listed for 29.99 with the cord and I'm wondering how.long until they drop in price more

Just got back from a Sears today. Red Faction Guerrilla is down to $1.97, picked it up for a buddy. Got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. It's still $5.97, but I love that series, so well worth the price. Professor Layton : The Diabolical Box was still $24.97, so no price drop there for the month. The Red Faction may be YMMV though, just an fyi. Saw a copy of Forza 2 (NOT 3) for $1.97, which was tempting, but I passed, not my kind of game really. Not sure of any other price drops. (First time poster, long time viewer. If it helps, I was in the Central Maryland area)

My Sears had an extra 33% on video game clearance. I didn't get it the 33% on Singularity or Socom Confrontation Bundle because I got it on monday

Got for :ps3:

Singularity $4.97
Socom Confrontation $4.97

33% off on :ps3:
Fight Night Round 3
Red Faction Guerrilla
Skate 2
Came out to $3 and change each

Def Jam Rapstar came out to $5 and change

[quote name='onyzukae']red faction 1.97 ? was 4.97 this monday... WTH!!

How much DJ hero 2 bundle for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was just put down I'd presume. New Augest tag had just been put on.

[quote name='Readthepost']Was he charged? No...he told if he continues that he COULD be charged with misuse of postal property. It's a scare tactic.

The box has been paid for once already. I'm not fucking anyone.
[/QUOTE]

I flipped a Priority mail box inside out to ship something as First Class a while ago, and the post office came back and charged me shipping for Priority after the package was shipped. More accurately, the guy I sent the box to had to pay for it, but of course I had to pay him back. It's not a scare tactic. They will charge you for misuse of the Priority mail boxes.

Also, they aren't "paid" for. Most of the Priority mail boxes can be gotten for free from your local post office or even ordered online. I have no idea what you're trying to claim with your statement.

I haven't read all of the last several pages, but if you (and others) are taking priority mailboxes and disassembling them, knock it off. You can get caught. There's a reason they started stamping "Priority Mail" on the inside of the boxes because people keep chopping them up to "save" on shipping. It seems like people have already quoted and cited the law, so I won't add anything to that. I always just think of it as how vandalizing a mailbox is a federal crime.

This is why we can't have nice things. :shame:

bread's done
Back