Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

What's going on with the random percentage off clearance? Seems like Sears is usually pretty much universal with their sales. My store didn't have it yesterday.

I finally went to the sear's in my GHETTO mall downtown around here. This mall has two anchor tenants left: Sears and Burlington Coat factory. hasn't had another dept store since 2009. It's rough.

Anyway, once I got inside, it was like 2009 in there. The 60gb starter kits were sealed in the glass case marked 99.99, they rang up 19.97. Singularity, socom confrontation, black charge and play, and ps3 headset: all sitting in the case marked full price. All of them rang up at the $xx.97 price reported here

Weird experience, I've been to three or four sears since the revival of the clearance and this one had absolutely no "clearance" or anything advertised. Everything was marked at full launch msrp and still in the glass case.

Good experience overall

I saw did not buy xbox 360 orange box $4.97 wario land shake it wii $19.97 gta chinatown wars ds $14.97 karaoke revolution american idol bundle ps2 $5.97 wii motion plus $4.97 I did buy ds rythm heaven $4.97.

[quote name='cshamilton']I finally went to the sear's in my GHETTO mall downtown around here. This mall has two anchor tenants left: Sears and Burlington Coat factory. hasn't had another dept store since 2009. It's rough.

Anyway, once I got inside, it was like 2009 in there. The 60gb starter kits were sealed in the glass case marked 99.99, they rang up 19.97. Singularity, socom confrontation, black charge and play, and ps3 headset: all sitting in the case marked full price. All of them rang up at the $xx.97 price reported here

Weird experience, I've been to three or four sears since the revival of the clearance and this one had absolutely no "clearance" or anything advertised. Everything was marked at full launch msrp and still in the glass case.

Good experience overall[/QUOTE]

Don't feel to bad. I have been going to sears everyday since reading about the "so called" great clearance prices. To say the least it is quite disappointing. The so called clearance prices are much higher then ANYWHERE else. Now I do live in Hawaii but even so the prices are outrageous compared to every where else on the islands. Games you can pick up on the island for $10 are selling at sears for $20 and $25.

Oh well I am disappointed. But hey I haven't liked sears in years they are just not very good for years now.

I hit up the Sears at the great northern mall in Clay NY to grab a network I saw last week but passed on. I forget the model but it was marked down to $140. They had five last Monday, all gone today. Did grab a 60 gig xbox hard drive though that wasn't there last week.
Then went to toys r us and got a dj hero 2 double pack and warriors of rock band bundle, but I suppose that's for another thread.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Don't feel to bad. I have been going to sears everyday since reading about the "so called" great clearance prices. To say the least it is quite disappointing. The so called clearance prices are much higher then ANYWHERE else. Now I do live in Hawaii but even so the prices are outrageous compared to every where else on the islands. Games you can pick up on the island for $10 are selling at sears for $20 and $25.

Oh well I am disappointed. But hey I haven't liked sears in years they are just not very good for years now.[/QUOTE]

Majority of the time they only drop the first Friday of the month. Once in a while you get a manager's sale and they throw out a bin with then marked down further. This is per store and no set drop. Last one I saw had a bunch of games for $0.97.But those are few and far between here in central ohio

I hit up the Sears at the great northern mall in Clay NY to grab a netbook I saw last week but passed on. I forget the model but it was marked down to $140. They had five last Monday, all gone today. Did grab a 60 gig xbox hard drive though that wasn't there last week.
Then went to toys r us and got a dj hero 2 double pack and warriors of rock band bundle, but I suppose that's for another thread.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I hit up the Sears at the great northern mall in Clay NY to grab a netbook I saw last week but passed on. I forget the model but it was marked down to $140. They had five last Monday, all gone today. Did grab a 60 gig xbox hard drive though that wasn't there last week.
Then went to toys r us and got a dj hero 2 double pack and warriors of rock band bundle, but I suppose that's for another thread.[/QUOTE]
That was one of my goldmine stores when I would go outta town for work.;) I actually may be headed there tomorrow.

They had a silver Dual Shock 3 there last month or the month before but it was still coming up $45 then.

Actually the Shoppingtown Mall was pretty good for a while too.;)

You ever hit up the Sears at the Fingerlakes Mall in Auburn? I've heard that place is like a ghost town, but it's about a 40 minute ride ONE WAY from where I go up in Syracuse area for work(Lafayette auto auction), so I didn't wanna waste gas if it's a dead zone.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That was one of my goldmine stores when I would go outta town for work.;) I actually may be headed there tomorrow.

They had a silver Dual Shock 3 there last month or the month before but it was still coming up $45 then.

Actually the Shoppingtown Mall was pretty good for a while too.;)

You ever hit up the Sears at the Fingerlakes Mall in Auburn? I've heard that place is like a ghost town, but it's about a 40 minute ride ONE WAY from where I go up in Syracuse area for work(Lafayette auto auction), so I didn't wanna waste gas if it's a dead zone.[/QUOTE]

I live about a half hour from Auburn. That Sears stopped carrying games a llloooonnngggg time ago. Since that happened, Circuit City closed, Kay Bee Closed, and FYE either closed or stopped carrying games, I almost never go there. The two Game Stops, two thrift stores, and that whatever the heck it is that's near the train tracks isn't enough of a draw.
Clay is about 45 minutes away, and WAS a goldmine for me as well. Not so much anymore. You ever go into that Micro Game place across from Great Northern? I go in there for lols once or twice a year.

Last week I went to the Sears in Syracuse (don't know the name of the mall, it's the one near the 690/481 interchange). Usually find nothing there, but last week was happy to find some decent deals.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Awesome deal. Do you think you can post the full model number?[/QUOTE]

Here is the model number for you:
46G300U

Random clearance most likely, there are a few tvs at my local sears which I ll probably check out. Already have too many tvs though,

[quote name='kraftwerks']I live about a half hour from Auburn. That Sears stopped carrying games a llloooonnngggg time ago. Since that happened, Circuit City closed, Kay Bee Closed, and FYE either closed or stopped carrying games, I almost never go there. The two Game Stops, two thrift stores, and that whatever the heck it is that's near the train tracks isn't enough of a draw.
Clay is about 45 minutes away, and WAS a goldmine for me as well. Not so much anymore. You ever go into that Micro Game place across from Great Northern? I go in there for lols once or twice a year.

Last week I went to the Sears in Syracuse (don't know the name of the mall, it's the one near the 690/481 interchange). Usually find nothing there, but last week was happy to find some decent deals.[/QUOTE]
I believe the mall you're thinking of is the Shoppingtown Mall in in Dewitt. I've been there, but just like my local Sears stores the Google Shopping thing was showing stuff as in stock when it was either long gone or someone stashed it.

I've seen the Micro Game place across from Great Northern but I haven't really gone in there yet. I kind of figured it was overpriced or just laughable.

Thanks for the heads up on the Fingerlakes Mall, as I thought I remembered someone saying the Sears there was like the Ithaca Mall and had stopped carrying games.

So what kinda thrifts are by Fingerlakes though? I know I was also hitting up the Thrifty Shopper stores up by Cicero on the way back from Great Northern and I've hit the Salvation Army by Shoppingtown at least once or twice.

[quote name='caldazar']Picked up Dark Void for $3.97 tonight. Saw a few copies of Riddick for $4.97. :360:[/QUOTE]
I got Dark Void also for that price,figured for that cheap why not.Havent played it yet,if you play it anytime soon,let us know if its any good,thanks :).

You guys should see the play n trade here if you want to see overpriced, almost all their Saturn games are $75 which is way more than even a lot of the newer games cost. They do have decent deals on preorders, but whoever would pay $75 for a saturn game you could easily get on ebay for $10 is crazy. (I checked the prices, the saturn games they have in their store are not worth anything more than $10 on ebay but they still charge $75).

Are all play n trade's like this or just a handful of stores? Yes I know this is off topic but I am curious to know.

I went to one a while back that was a play n trade and became just a video game store and it was a shit hole! They had a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 not even complete with a photo copied cover art for almost $100, I took a look around for a few minutes and walked right out.

I went to a Sears yesterday I don't normally go to and found a Sony Blu-Ray starter kit, it was marked $169 but I should have had them scan it. It was beat to hell but I may stop by and pick it up next time I'm around.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I got Dark Void also for that price,figured for that cheap why not.Havent played it yet,if you play it anytime soon,let us know if its any good,thanks :).[/QUOTE]

Dark avoid is horrible ! It's not even worth 3 bucks as it is one of the worst hd games this gen. The game is even worse than the demo

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I got Dark Void also for that price,figured for that cheap why not.Havent played it yet,if you play it anytime soon,let us know if its any good,thanks :).[/QUOTE]

meh, it's OK so far. played through the epilogue. I've gotten my $4 out of it. I might play it a bit longer then trade it. Not sure if I'll bother finishing. I rarely do finish games :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']Dark avoid is horrible ! It's not even worth 3 bucks as it is one of the worst hd games this gen. The game is even worse than the demo[/QUOTE]Hmm. I played the first two levels which seemed pretty good, nothing special. Flight controls took a little to get used to. The game must really tail off after the second level to be worse than Rogue Warrior. . .

[quote name='jdawgg76']Hmm. I played the first two levels which seemed pretty good, nothing special. Flight controls took a little to get used to. The game must really tail off after the second level to be worse than Rogue Warrior. . .[/QUOTE]

Everyone on cag says rogue warrior is really bad. i want to try it out of curiosity lol. Oh and as for dark avoid, tail off is a understatment

[quote name='SaraAB']You guys should see the play n trade here if you want to see overpriced, almost all their Saturn games are $75 which is way more than even a lot of the newer games cost. They do have decent deals on preorders, but whoever would pay $75 for a saturn game you could easily get on ebay for $10 is crazy. (I checked the prices, the saturn games they have in their store are not worth anything more than $10 on ebay but they still charge $75).

Are all play n trade's like this or just a handful of stores? Yes I know this is off topic but I am curious to know.[/QUOTE]

I live right near that PLay N Trade on Eggert Rd. First time I walked in I saw the 75-90$ Saturn games and walked out laughing. Its not like they were Shining Force 3, Burning Rangers etc... They were more like the 20-30$ games like Shining the Holy Ark.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe the mall you're thinking of is the Shoppingtown Mall in in Dewitt. I've been there, but just like my local Sears stores the Google Shopping thing was showing stuff as in stock when it was either long gone or someone stashed it.

I've seen the Micro Game place across from Great Northern but I haven't really gone in there yet. I kind of figured it was overpriced or just laughable.

Thanks for the heads up on the Fingerlakes Mall, as I thought I remembered someone saying the Sears there was like the Ithaca Mall and had stopped carrying games.

So what kinda thrifts are by Fingerlakes though? I know I was also hitting up the Thrifty Shopper stores up by Cicero on the way back from Great Northern and I've hit the Salvation Army by Shoppingtown at least once or twice.[/QUOTE]

Last year I ventured around Syracuse cagging... decided to make the trek to Auburn Sears... not knowing it had no games at all. Such a waste since its out of the way off the 90. I know not to make that mistake again.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I found a used Play N Trade copy of WarioWare: Inc. Mega Party Games for $65? Naturally, I was in for 50 :roll:

This is very YMMV, but some sears have Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar bundle for 60 bucks. If you go in and price match Toys R Us' current deal of 9.99$ they price match it to 9.99 and then give you another 10% off the difference of the two prices. Meaning another 5$ off. You could walk away with a 5$ guitar hero bundle with guitar.

[quote name='billbloodshed']Snagged Halo Wars for $4.97. My local sears was pretty much picked clean.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Last time I was there, they had a bunch of Red Factions ... now they're all gone. Guess they dropped to $1.97 and were snagged.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Majority of the time they only drop the first Friday of the month. Once in a while you get a manager's sale and they throw out a bin with then marked down further. This is per store and no set drop. Last one I saw had a bunch of games for $0.97.But those are few and far between here in central ohio[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. They have (local stores) a mountain of old games so I hope at sometime they will drop them in price. Right now though they are way overpriced and do not seem to be moving at all. I will check on that first friday like you suggested.

Thanks again and happy gaming.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I hit up the Sears at the great northern mall in Clay NY to grab a netbook I saw last week but passed on. I forget the model but it was marked down to $140. They had five last Monday, all gone today. Did grab a 60 gig xbox hard drive though that wasn't there last week.
Then went to toys r us and got a dj hero 2 double pack and warriors of rock band bundle, but I suppose that's for another thread.[/QUOTE]

Woo, CNY represent! That's about 10 mins away from me. Will have to poke my head in there this weekend and see if I can snag anything good.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Everyone on cag says rogue warrior is really bad. i want to try it out of curiosity lol. Oh and as for dark avoid, tail off is a understatment[/QUOTE]
I've heard Rogue Warrior is bad too,i still have my copy from Blockbuster i got in their BOGO used sale a while back.Havent played it yet.It was really cheap so i picked it up with Singularity,which i thought was quite good.Maybe i'll get rid of Dark Void while its still sealed,haha.I mainly got it to score some easy trophies.

Looks like im going to have to return the xbox 60GB live starter kit as i dont need it. Just wanted the xbox live card. Seems like everyone was able to get in on the deal. Will return next week

Anyway, YMMV, u can match the toys r us deal Guitar Hero warriors of rock at sears.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I mainly got it to score some easy trophies.[/QUOTE]
Not worth it. Not even a little. Not even if it gave infinite trophies.

[quote name='akalboy']Picked up a Wii 2000 Points Card for $4.97 and Lego Indiana Jones 2 :ds: for $4.97 tonight :)[/QUOTE]

I have to check out Sears tomorrow for that. I wonder if these points/games will carry over to Wii U, or do these points count towards the DSi store?

They work for DSi, but they most likely won't work for Wii U because it will probably have its own version of the eShop, which doesn't use points.

Sears in Hamburg NY had a bunch of the Fight Night game for Xbox 360 for 4.97 each, and they also had a bin of stuff with some games in it and guitar hero bundles nearby that was supposedly an additional 75% off the ticketed price. They had PS2 triple packs as well, not sure of the price though.

[quote name='SaraAB']Sears in Hamburg NY had a bunch of the Fight Night game for Xbox 360 for 4.97 each, and they also had a bin of stuff with some games in it and guitar hero bundles nearby that was supposedly an additional 75% off the ticketed price. They had PS2 triple packs as well, not sure of the price though.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Hamburg one the other day. Pretty bare. I did find a PS3 silver dualshock there tho.

[quote name='SaraAB']Sears in Hamburg NY had a bunch of the Fight Night game for Xbox 360 for 4.97 each, and they also had a bin of stuff with some games in it and guitar hero bundles nearby that was supposedly an additional 75% off the ticketed price. They had PS2 triple packs as well, not sure of the price though.[/QUOTE]
You mean the PS2 triple pack with Splashdown, ATV Offroad Fury 2 and another game? If so, then I may have to stop back to mine to grab a few if they're cheap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the PS2 triple pack with Splashdown, ATV Offroad Fury 2 and another game? If so, then I may have to stop back to mine to grab a few if they're cheap.[/QUOTE]

I havent seen a 2/3 pack ps2 game in 1.5 years. 1 sears dont carry ps2 games at all. This other sears carry some crap.

Best find at sears silver ps2 $19.98 and lego batman ps2 for $29.97.
Any cheap places to find old ps2 games? I dont have many ps2 games.
I do have a few ps1 games: FF7,8,9, Yugioh duel of rose,super puzzle fighter, and nfl blitz

[quote name='The Punisher']I havent seen a 2/3 pack ps2 game in 1.5 years. 1 sears dont carry ps2 games at all. This other sears carry some crap.

Best find at sears silver ps2 $19.98 and lego batman ps2 for $29.97.
Any cheap places to find old ps2 games? I dont have many ps2 games.
I do have a few ps1 games: FF7,8,9, Yugioh duel of rose,super puzzle fighter, and nfl blitz[/QUOTE]
Now why the hell couldn't I have found a nice silver PStwo for $20.:bomb: Instead I found gobs n gobs of :360: stuff, even though I don't have a 360. Either that or I found tons of stuff listed as 'in stock' on Google Shopping, but OOS once I checked for it in store.:cry:

Of course I still bought the items as trade fodder for on here, but have yet to get a single bite on them.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the PS2 triple pack with Splashdown, ATV Offroad Fury 2 and another game? If so, then I may have to stop back to mine to grab a few if they're cheap.[/QUOTE]

I actually just went back to the Sears that Sara mentioned.

They have the triple packs but they are still full priced and not part of the 75% off bin (a seperate bin that store has set up for an additional 75% off the price... Im guessing you can just throw something in there while they aint lookin lol)

Found a couple more things while I was there though. Both mismarked at higher prices. Always love that.

XBOX Lego Rock Band $3.97
XBOX Dead or Alive 4 $4.97

Was out of town today and checked the Sears in Altoona, PA. Jack and shit as far as I could see. Even asked one of the guys to check in the back for the silver DS3, but of course - no dice.

I've struck out on every deal that's been posted on here this month....maybe it'll get better in September?

Just thought i'd mention,there was somebody asking about PS3 Rogue Warrior,i finally got around to playing it today.Imho,if you can find it in the $5 -$6 range i say go for it.Its definitely not great,but i don't think its as terrible as the reviews i've read,lots of easy trophies so far.And it has voiceover by Mickey Rourke,some of his one liners had me on the floor,lol.This game has some of the most cursing i've heard in a game in a long time.Might want to wait til the kids go to bed to play it.:lol:

[quote name='xDerekRx']I was at the Hamburg one the other day. Pretty bare. I did find a PS3 silver dualshock there tho.[/QUOTE]

Lol...was it the last one? I was planning on heading there tomorrow just to look for that exact thing.

Went in to Sears today to see a ton of Guitar Hero and DJ Hero 2 bundles. I asked an associate if they price match games. He sad yes as long as they have the ad from the local competitor as a form of proof. I said that was fine and showed him an add from Toys"r"Us stating that all Guitar Hero and DJ Hero bundles were on sale for $10.00. He said "WOW!" This guy was awesome. He didn't even call them to see if they had it in stock. Sears priced matched everything that I got today and then added their PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE which took off some more.

Got:

X2 DJ Hero 2 Bundle (360) $7.50 + tax

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (360) $5.00 + tax

Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle (360) $4.00 + tax

Guitar Hero 5 Guitar Bundle (360) $9.19 + tax

Grand Total of $35.72

bread's done
Back