Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='eliter1']Scored Punch Out! For $10 and Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts for $5. There was a bunch of Nintendo published games in the bin but only Animal Crossing Wii was $10. I hope the rest of the games go down soon. I am new to Sears clearance, about how often do the prices go down.[/QUOTE]
It's usually once a month on the first Friday of the month, though if the first Friday is in a partial week(meaning the prior month ends during the middle of a week) then it'll usually be the NEXT Friday that the prices drop.

Yep, with the headset :D. Went back again today and dug through the pile again and found....

Rhythm Heaven for 4.97, Kung Fu Rider for 4.97, and Legendary Starfy for 4.97. Also saw a few more Soul Calibur 4's and Devil May Cry 4's. Damn Google Product lied to me though, i was hoping to find Persona 3 FES buried in the bin

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's usually once a month on the first Friday of the month, though if the first Friday is in a partial week(meaning the prior month ends during the middle of a week) then it'll usually be the NEXT Friday that the prices drop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I hope some of those Nintendo games drop some more. They are good games and they will give me Club Nintendo points!

I went to Sears today for the first time in forever, and found that they had a 75% off sale on clearance games/accessories. I found:

Silent Hill Homecoming PS3 $5
Prof Layton & the Diabolical Box $6.25
Kirby Super Star Ultra $6.25
Animal Crossing Wild World $7.50
8 GB Micro Stick PSP $3.75
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Game PS3 $6.25
Dragon Age Origins PS3 $6.25
White Knight Chronicles PS3 $6.25
Monster Hunter Tri 3 $6.25
Call of Duty World at War PS3 $6.25
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Bundle 360 $15
Rock Band 3 Keyboard 360 $25
DJ Hero 2 Bundle 360 $8.75
DJ Hero 2 Bundle PS3 $8.75
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Bundle PS3 $15

[quote name='addicted2games']I went to Sears today for the first time in forever, and found that they had a 75% off sale on clearance games/accessories. I found:

Silent Hill Homecoming PS3 $5
Prof Layton & the Diabolical Box $6.25
Kirby Super Star Ultra $6.25
Animal Crossing Wild World $7.50
8 GB Micro Stick PSP $3.75
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Game PS3 $6.25
Dragon Age Origins PS3 $6.25
White Knight Chronicles PS3 $6.25
Monster Hunter Tri 3 $6.25
Call of Duty World at War PS3 $6.25
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Bundle 360 $15
Rock Band 3 Keyboard 360 $25
DJ Hero 2 Bundle 360 $8.75
DJ Hero 2 Bundle PS3 $8.75
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Bundle PS3 $15[/QUOTE]

did this scan auto or a manager override?

[quote name='The Punisher']did this scan auto or a manager override?[/QUOTE]
The games rang up what the pink clearance stickers showed and then the cashier did a "mult credit 75%" (thats what it says on my receipt) with a manager approval afterwards. They had big signs on the clearance rack saying an additional 75% off clearance games. I was lucky as the cashier said yesterday it was an additional 50% and I showed up today with the 75% off. This was probably YMMV as it seemed the manager had made this sale to get rid of clearance games.

[quote name='addicted2games']The games rang up what the pink clearance stickers showed and then the cashier did a "mult credit 75%" (thats what it says on my receipt) with a manager approval afterwards. They had big signs on the clearance rack saying an additional 75% off clearance games. I was lucky as the cashier said yesterday it was an additional 50% and I showed up today with the 75% off. This was probably YMMV as it seemed the manager had made this sale to get rid of clearance games.[/QUOTE]

ok. thanks.

[quote name='david12795']i checked DJ hero 2 bundle :ps3: at my sears and it wasnt 8.75. must be YMMV then :([/QUOTE]

U should have try to get it last week at Toys R us. they had the 2 pack dj hero 2 bundle for $10

[quote name='david12795']i checked DJ hero 2 bundle :ps3: at my sears and it wasnt 8.75. must be YMMV then :([/QUOTE]

Like I said, they rang up what the clearance sticker said ($34.99) and then an additional 75% was taken off that with a manager approval after all games were rang up.

[quote name='The Punisher']U should have try to get it last week at Toys R us. they had the 2 pack dj hero 2 bundle for $10[/QUOTE]

sadly i was in seattle....def worth it though.

[quote name='addicted2games']The games rang up what the pink clearance stickers showed and then the cashier did a "mult credit 75%" (thats what it says on my receipt) with a manager approval afterwards. They had big signs on the clearance rack saying an additional 75% off clearance games. I was lucky as the cashier said yesterday it was an additional 50% and I showed up today with the 75% off. This was probably YMMV as it seemed the manager had made this sale to get rid of clearance games.[/QUOTE]

Wish the workers at our Houston Sears were that nice. I normally get mean old people.

[quote name='The Punisher']Thanks. I too got a 60GB from sears, but going to return it because no one here needs 1 in my area. I already have 2 headsets and got xbox live card. (xbox live 3 month cards x5)
What do u mean dont have any accessories?

I couldnt find the 120gb at blockbuster, but picked up some great finds: Yoda plush $1.97, Frames for $3, DS lite red $50, Sony bluetooth $4, etc.

So if the 120Gb was $15, then i pay the difference of $12 to get a 250GB. Not bad i guess.[/QUOTE]

Actually I did not know if the 250 gb hd had any accessories like the 60 gb pack did (namely the wired headset and the 3 month Live Card). The 250 gb hd that I saw in Sears appeared to be just the 250 gb drive and nothing else (just based on the fact that the package I saw was the slim plastic clamshell package around the drive itself.) Maybe it had the transfer cables but I did not look very closely because it was on that locked pegboard hook and it was not on clearance at my Sears.

did your 250 gb HD come w/ anything else other than the drive and maybe transfer kit??

[quote name='borg20001']Actually I did not know if the 250 gb hd had any accessories like the 60 gb pack did (namely the wired headset and the 3 month Live Card). The 250 gb hd that I saw in Sears appeared to be just the 250 gb drive and nothing else (just based on the fact that the package I saw was the slim plastic clamshell package around the drive itself.) Maybe it had the transfer cables but I did not look very closely because it was on that locked pegboard hook and it was not on clearance at my Sears.

did your 250 gb HD come w/ anything else other than the drive and maybe transfer kit??[/QUOTE]

It came with the harddrive, transfer kit, and transfer CD.

I already have enough headsets and that internet cable. I end up returning the 60GB since I got this.

I picked up a copy of :ps2:Katamari Damacy from a further off Sears today. It appeared fully sealed but I opened it up just to be certain after the fiasco with the last game I bought from a Sears store(game missing).

I'm still waiting on the gc that SHC-Gamer so graciously agreed to provide to compensate me for not only the missing game but also a rude employee at the closest store to me.

However, that gc has yet to arrive and I believe I know WHY now. I received my next door neighbors mail AGAIN today, so apparently I may have my idiot frickin' mailman to thank for misrouting that gc and probably putting it in someone elses' mailbox.

If it was misdelivered to the redneck-ish scumbags up the street, then they most likely just opened the envelope without even checking the name, took the gc out and it's long since spent.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up a copy of :ps2:Katamari Damacy from a further off Sears today. It appeared fully sealed but I opened it up just to be certain after the fiasco with the last game I bought from a Sears store(game missing).

I'm still waiting on the gc that SHC-Gamer so graciously agreed to provide to compensate me for not only the missing game but also a rude employee at the closest store to me.

However, that gc has yet to arrive and I believe I know WHY now. I received my next door neighbors mail AGAIN today, so apparently I may have my idiot frickin' mailman to thank for misrouting that gc and probably putting it in someone elses' mailbox.

If it was misdelivered to the redneck-ish scumbags up the street, then they most likely just opened the envelope without even checking the name, took the gc out and it's long since spent.:roll:[/QUOTE]

So the PS2 game was missing?
If sears associates wasnt so lazy watching movies on the tv displays...

I see opened and half sealed games at Kmart all the time so I am not surprised by this at all

Considering that no one seems to want to help me to get my shop your way card to work online which is something that I did not mess up myself but was messed up months ago when the website made a transition I am not sure how much I will be purchasing from Sears and Kmart. Shame as I was considering purchasing both a television and XBox from them but now I am probably going to just go purchase them from amazon. I have tried emailing through the only email address provided on the kmart website and got nothing but a generic response and I have posted in the KmartGamer thread and nothing.

One sears near me is also completely cleaned out of games, EVERY SINGLE clearance game is now gone from that store along with almost all the clearance merchandise except for a few guitar hero bundles.

On the plus side the staff at Kmart seem to be pretty knowledgeable about games and really good about keeping up the stock in the department.

Does anyone know if the 12 month Xbox Live card in the blister pack is on sale, they are listed at 49.99 on the shelf tag.

[quote name='The Punisher']did this scan auto or a manager override?[/QUOTE]

I stopped by 2 Sears stores yesterday. All the Price is beyond high for all DS, PS3, 360 & Wii Games. Must be Manager Special Sale for that STORE ONLY.

I scooped up the Nyko PS3 controller dual charger yesterday for $1.97 - tagged at $9.97, but rang up for $2! Pretty stoked considering they're $30 on Amazon and Best Buy.

[quote name='The Punisher']So the PS2 game was missing?
If sears associates wasnt so lazy watching movies on the tv displays...[/QUOTE]
No. The game was in there. I thought there was something in there while it was still sealed as it did pass the 'rattle' and 'shake' tests, but I've also heard of people buying games and finding CD-R's in place of the real game before.

So I opened it up.:cry: Then again, the front cover had all of these deeper indentations on it, so even if I did try selling it to someone it would've required describing those.:whistle2:#

I'll probably break out my 60gb PS3 I have and just play it on that to get some use out of both the game AND the system.:)

Stopped by my Sears today. Looked like most stuff hadn't dropped for August, but I did manage to find Brutal Legend :360: for $1.97 and Rythem Haven for $4.97.
Saw a 250GB 360 drive as well, but didn't pick it up.

Not much at Sears but i did get :ps3: Brutal Legend for $.97.Yes $1.05 out the door.Figured i could have fun with it for that price.Had to bug the employee surfing the web to ring me up,lol.

Snagged three Play & Charge Kit's :360: for $16.10 out the door. They were right under my nose at my local store this whole time and I didn't even realize. Saw two Bluetooth headsets :ps3: for $19.97, hopefully they'll drop next Friday.

I'm thinking of dumping the two 60gb HDD kits back to Sears this week unless they drop to like $5 and I can return/rebuy. I'll probably keep the XBLA controller/games kit though since it's a wirless controller for $20 with some free games included.

How much are the 60GB hard drive kits worth. I mean what does a 60GB or other sized hard drive go on the used or ebay markets?

[quote name='AFeils']How much are the 60GB hard drive kits worth. I mean what does a 60GB or other sized hard drive go on the used or ebay markets?[/QUOTE]

On ebay its $30+ with buy it now. I see one ebayer has it bid up to $40 with free shipping.

Seems like small profit after fees and shipping. Seems to me to much work and dont like ebay

[quote name='AFeils']How much are the 60GB hard drive kits worth. I mean what does a 60GB or other sized hard drive go on the used or ebay markets?[/QUOTE]
They were $20 each last month at Sears. Not sure what they're worth, but I'd venture to guess that you could at least double your money.

Not to mention those kits come with 3 month XBL Gold cards included in the set.

You could also take out the HDD from the 60gb enclosure and use a third party enclosure bought from another site to make yourself a hdd for a slim 360 too according to some folks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
You could also take out the HDD from the 60gb enclosure and use a third party enclosure bought from another site to make yourself a hdd for a slim 360 too according to some folks.[/QUOTE]

that's what I did with my 120gb HDD, it's pretty easy to do just look it up on YouTube. I don't see what's the point in buying a 250gb hard drive for my slim for over $100 then buy a $20 transfer kit when I can spend less than $5 at homedepot for a screwdriver set. I hate how greedy the people at Microsoft are.

[quote name='The Punisher']On ebay its $30+ with buy it now. I see one ebayer has it bid up to $40 with free shipping.

Seems like small profit after fees and shipping. Seems to me to much work and dont like ebay[/QUOTE]

I kept my 60 GB HDD and replaced my old 20GB one with it so I don't know about this. The headset isn't really worth anything I don't think. The 3 months of gold card I sold, that went for about 17 or 18 dollars. Then I sold my old 20 GB HDD on craigslist for $10. Great deal for me.

[quote name='Kablasia']that's what I did with my 120gb HDD, it's pretty easy to do just look it up on YouTube. I don't see what's the point in buying a 250gb hard drive for my slim for over $100 then buy a $20 transfer kit when I can spend less than $5 at homedepot for a screwdriver set. I hate how greedy the people at Microsoft are.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm so amused about this gen, is that Sony and MS switched places somewhat. Last gen the PS2 system had the Disc Read Error problem and Sony gouged out the wazoo for memory cards while Microsoft's console was built like a tank and lasted and they included a hard drive standard in every one of their consoles.

Fast forward to this gen with MS having rampant hardware issues and nickel and diming you for hard drives which are sold seperately, while the PS3 systems seem to be very well built and include a hard drive standard.

Hey, I'm looking for help from anyone with experiences with Sale Transfers. One store in my area has a couple RCA 32LA30RQ sets at 249.97 while another near by is out of stock but has them in their system as 99.97. I tried to do the Sale Transfer at the latter store, but first the associate tried to brush me off because he didn't know what he was doing and/or just didn't want the hassle. He actually tried to misinform me (maybe lie to me), claiming that the other store didn't have any of the TVs in stock after calling them. I called the store after this and politely called him on his BS and asked for the manager. He then plead his case and seemed a bit worried that I would "tell" on him. He eventually claimed that his manager said they can't do Sales Transfers on clearance items. I left after this but wanted to check here if anybody knew the corporate policy. I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't try to BS me again, but "Fool me once..."

[quote name='Numidian']Hey, I'm looking for help from anyone with experiences with Sale Transfers. One store in my area has a couple RCA 32LA30RQ sets at 249.97 while another near by is out of stock but has them in their system as 99.97. I tried to do the Sale Transfer at the latter store, but first the associate tried to brush me off because he didn't know what he was doing and/or just didn't want the hassle. He actually tried to misinform me (maybe lie to me), claiming that the other store didn't have any of the TVs in stock after calling them. I called the store after this and politely called him on his BS and asked for the manager. He then plead his case and seemed a bit worried that I would "tell" on him. He eventually claimed that his manager said they can't do Sales Transfers on clearance items. I left after this but wanted to check here if anybody knew the corporate policy. I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't try to BS me again, but "Fool me once..."[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing. You need to be confident with the process. Having worked there I know the process to a T. Now that I dont work there anymore, I use it constantly as a customer.

You need to have everything ready. You need the Sears number like 91741 and the dept number like 57 is TVs. Cash the item out at shoes, or clothing or some other cashier. Dont do it at electronics. Most of those guys will lie to their own advantage.

Its hard to explain it since you have to know what your talking about when you approach the employee. But I always goto some girl in shoes. I tell here to start a sale. Then to type division 57 (57 is tvs, 58 is games) then 99999 (whatever the sears item number is). When she presses enter a menu will come out saying 1. Transfer Sale 2.xxx etc. Tell her to do trasnfer sale. Then tell her to select the store the item is in stock at. No matter what they tell you, tell them you already know its in stock and that they dont need to call and check. Then simply cash out.

There is no reason for the employee to stop the transfer sale because they couldnt confirm the stock. You have a right to still have them cash you out. Because if for some reason that store doesnt have any left, you can just get a refund.

Ive done a ton of damage with transfer sales at Sears. Its great on big items esp. And for me personally it works 100% of the time without issue because Im prepared to walk the employee through the process. If you put the process in 90% of employees hands they wont know what to do.

:lol: OK. I just searched for that TV and it's showing another Sears store that's a couple miles from my furthest one. So unless they opened a Sears Express or something, that Google Shopping thing is seriously fucked up now.

Thanks for the explaining the transfer sale, xDerekRx. I can see why most employees wouldn't understand it without giving them the steps after reading those steps. I have enough trouble getting an item looked up with the UPC number at a register (if the item is supposed to be in stock and not on the sales floor).

When you go to the store that does have the item, do you go to merchandise pickup or go to the electronics department?

Went to my Sears today but no price drops but they did arrange all of the video games nicely which made it easier to look through. I have been eyeing a Nyko Wiimote with built in motion plus for about 4 months now but it hasn't dropped below $20...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Thanks for the explaining the transfer sale, xDerekRx. I can see why most employees wouldn't understand it without giving them the steps after reading those steps. I have enough trouble getting an item looked up with the UPC number at a register (if the item is supposed to be in stock and not on the sales floor).

When you go to the store that does have the item, do you go to merchandise pickup or go to the electronics department?[/QUOTE]

Merch pickup. Right after you cash out a transfer sale, the store that has the stock gets a message for the downstairs guys to pull it and put it in the pickup bin.

[quote name='HayGurrlHay']hope September brings us some more good deals. price drops happen this friday, right?[/QUOTE]
Is that right? I thought it would be the following week since September starts off pretty much at the end of the week.

Well in the past I have done the hard drive swap and from everyone is saying those hard drive bundles are worth it. Does anyone have any spare 60gb bundles they would wanna get rid of? Pm me as I don't wanna clutter the thread any.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Heres the thing. You need to be confident with the process. Having worked there I know the process to a T. Now that I dont work there anymore, I use it constantly as a customer.

You need to have everything ready. You need the Sears number like 91741 and the dept number like 57 is TVs. Cash the item out at shoes, or clothing or some other cashier. Dont do it at electronics. Most of those guys will lie to their own advantage.

Its hard to explain it since you have to know what your talking about when you approach the employee. But I always goto some girl in shoes. I tell here to start a sale. Then to type division 57 (57 is tvs, 58 is games) then 99999 (whatever the sears item number is). When she presses enter a menu will come out saying 1. Transfer Sale 2.xxx etc. Tell her to do trasnfer sale. Then tell her to select the store the item is in stock at. No matter what they tell you, tell them you already know its in stock and that they dont need to call and check. Then simply cash out.

There is no reason for the employee to stop the transfer sale because they couldnt confirm the stock. You have a right to still have them cash you out. Because if for some reason that store doesnt have any left, you can just get a refund.

Ive done a ton of damage with transfer sales at Sears. Its great on big items esp. And for me personally it works 100% of the time without issue because Im prepared to walk the employee through the process. If you put the process in 90% of employees hands they wont know what to do.[/QUOTE]

I've worked at Sears in Electronics for years and find this hilarious... If you do this method, you must have alot of time on your hands because it's just not very effecient. Alot of the time clearance counts are not accurate to begin with and most of the time they're even open box with potential to something being wrong with them. So unless your 100% sure it's still new in box this seems retarded and seems like alot of running around with little pay off. Most of sears clearance items aren't that much of a deal unless you find VOM items, which good luck transferring them even close to being accurately in stock most of the time. But hey more power to ya, just seems like it would be a waste of time more than a payoff of something I would call a crazy deal most of the time.

Any person who believes something is in stock should simply ask for a manager of electronics ( not any manager ) because if it is in stock I can guarantee that electronics manager wants to get rid of it if theres clearance items in his dept.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AFeils']Well in the past I have done the hard drive swap and from everyone is saying those hard drive bundles are worth it. Does anyone have any spare 60gb bundles they would wanna get rid of? Pm me as I don't wanna clutter the thread any.[/QUOTE]

the bundle is worth it if u want a headset and a 3 month xbox live card. The 60 GB is small, but is a upgrade from a 20GB.
LOL.i just return mines last week. The funny thing is, that store has it priced at $69.97 clearance!

[quote name='Vultureyo']I've worked at Sears in Electronics for years and find this hilarious... If you do this method, you must have alot of time on your hands because it's just not very effecient. Alot of the time clearance counts are not accurate to begin with and most of the time they're even open box with potential to something being wrong with them. So unless your 100% sure it's still new in box this seems retarded and seems like alot of running around with little pay off. Most of sears clearance items aren't that much of a deal unless you find VOM items, which good luck transferring them even close to being accurately in stock most of the time. But hey more power to ya, just seems like it would be a waste of time more than a payoff of something I would call a crazy deal most of the time.

Any person who believes something is in stock should simply ask for a manager of electronics ( not any manager ) because if it is in stock I can guarantee that electronics manager wants to get rid of it if theres clearance items in his dept.[/QUOTE]$100 for a 32" rca hdtv seems worth it.

So let say store A has it for $100 and store B has it for $300 (TV)

Can i be in store B, and do the store transfer thing and get it for $100 store pickup?

What if the google shop show the $100 price but was like 30 miles away?

Why cant sears match there own store prices?

[quote name='The Punisher']So let say store A has it for $100 and store B has it for $300 (TV)

Can i be in store B, and do the store transfer thing and get it for $100 store pickup?

What if the google shop show the $100 price but was like 30 miles away?

Why cant sears match there own store prices?[/QUOTE]

No, because regular clearance rings up the same across stores but individualy put clearance items ( mostly open box items etc ) have been put on whats called a 991 table or individual clearance and only ring up in that store, a different store wont even bring up that price or stock but just the regularly stocked sku... so thats why you can't transfer that stuff. if that makes sense. Some of these items show up on the sears site on the sears outlet, just have to look thru individual stores items.

on the other question about google shop, I have never used google shop but no stores won't match eachothers individually priced clearance because one might be open box while the other isn't or been repaired or a defect ( dead pixels etc ) their all indivdual

[quote name='Vultureyo']No, because regular clearance rings up the same across stores but individualy put clearance items ( mostly open box items etc ) have been put on whats called a 991 table or individual clearance and only ring up in that store, a different store wont even bring up that price or stock but just the regularly stocked sku... so thats why you can't transfer that stuff. if that makes sense. Some of these items show up on the sears site on the sears outlet, just have to look thru individual stores items.

on the other question about google shop, I have never used google shop but no stores won't match eachothers individually priced clearance because one might be open box while the other isn't or been repaired or a defect ( dead pixels etc ) their all indivdual[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was just wondering because google shop may show 1 game for $9.97, but the other shows $24.97. Its not open box or anything, but seems like it depends on the location. Just like when using goggle shop to lookup the 60 GB starter kits for xbox 360, many stores show $19.97, but the one store close by showed $69.97. They are new, but for some odd reason two different prices.

bread's done
Back