Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='borg20001']Curious if Professor Layton and the Diaboloical Box for DS has dropped any further from the current $19.97 or so price. If you can find one to scan, I'd be interested in what the new price is (if it has changed).

Thanx[/QUOTE]

I did a quick search on Google Shopping and it's not coming up 'in stock' at my store, but I'll check it out.

Just got done some scanning...and I was accosted by the security guard. He asked, "what the hell do you think you're doing" to which I replied "checking the prices on your games since all the tags are wrong, so stop hounding paying customers and do your damn job".

Anyways, not much that I saw game wise.

Games with no drops
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB the Show 09 PS3
(Both games under 10 dollars already)

Games with 3 dollar price drops, I found it weird they all dropped 3 dollars each:
Clubhouse Games DS
Monster Hunter Tri Wii
Dragon Age Origins PS3
Prince of Persia 360

I grabbed one from each system, to get a wide spread. I was gonna scan more but the security guard put me in a bad mood.

Also, Ipod nanos (the small clip ones) were tagged 109.97 in a case but since there was no electronics people there I couldn't find out if they dropped or not.

[quote name='bgame2']Irish,

Were those games now at 11.97ish?[/QUOTE]

Prince of Persia and Clubhouse Games yes.

Dragon Age and Monster Hunter Tri were down to 19.97ish if I can recall, final prices are a bit fuzzy as that's when the rights given to me by the US Constitution were violated, but they were all 3 dollar drops.

And this is the camera I hinted at on the last page:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=DRKPToSqMpCFsgKnvqyNAQ&ved=0CIkCEPMCMAc

My mom picked one up at a store in Mass for 200 dollars this morning :)

[quote name='borg20001']Curious if Professor Layton and the Diaboloical Box for DS has dropped any further from the current $19.97 or so price. If you can find one to scan, I'd be interested in what the new price is (if it has changed).

Thanx[/QUOTE]

It's 14.97. I'm in store right now.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just got done some scanning...and I was accosted by the security guard. He asked, "what the hell do you think you're doing" to which I replied "checking the prices on your games since all the tags are wrong, so stop hounding paying customers and do your damn job".

Anyways, not much that I saw game wise.

Games with no drops
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB the Show 09 PS3
(Both games under 10 dollars already)

Games with 3 dollar price drops, I found it weird they all dropped 3 dollars each:
Clubhouse Games DS
Monster Hunter Tri Wii
Dragon Age Origins PS3
Prince of Persia 360

I grabbed one from each system, to get a wide spread. I was gonna scan more but the security guard put me in a bad mood.

Also, Ipod nanos (the small clip ones) were tagged 109.97 in a case but since there was no electronics people there I couldn't find out if they dropped or not.[/QUOTE]
For MH Tri is that the bundle or the single game?

[quote name='bredbu']which store are you in? you in raleigh[/QUOTE]

Greenville. Not much here... Only got :psp: star ocean first departure for 9.97 and :ps3: bioshock for 4.97.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if there's anything good in Raleigh, be sure to let us know! I went by the Southpoint store, and it's disheveled and depleted as usual. Only drop I found was No More Heroes 2 down to $9.97 from $12.97. Held off.

[quote name='Luuc']It's 14.97. I'm in store right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'll probably wait for Prof Layton and Diabolical Box to drop sub $10 so it may be a while but thx for chking!

Found a few things at my local (Michigan City, IN) sears:

DSi Power Cord - $2.97
DS Lite Pokemon Pearl Soft Case - $1.97
Art Academy DS - $9.97
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY 360 - $14.97
Bioshock Ps3 - $4.97
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga PS3 - $9.97
Aliens vs Predator PS3 - $9.97
RCA 2GB Mp3/Video Player - $14.97

Blvd Sears in Amherst had a bunch of DS titles go down to 1.97-2.97. Mostly shovelware like Yamaha Motocross, Bratz, and things of that nature. I probably grabbed 8-9 of them for under $3. But otherwise everything was still 9.97 and up and I couldnt tell of any bigger drops. Mostly a 1-3$ drop month.

Found a few DS games for $4.97. I remember seeing one of the Ubisoft Petz games, AMF bowling game, and a pinball game. Quite a few of the DS games dropped to $12.97. I picked up one of the smaller blue and orange DS cases for $.97. Some of the stuff from past drops a few months ago appeared that wasn't there during the initial drop. There were some good deals on various types of cables. There were different types of 25 ft. cables for $1.97. I'm actually surprised that all of the stuff was marked at my Sears, as barely anything had been marked before.

Yeah they had the cables here last month, I got a HDMI cable for $5.97, but there were a ton of others and they were very cheap. Maybe we will start seeing cable clearance at more Sears stores.

Haven't been to a Sears since July, wonder whats happened since then, I'm going later today.

Hopefully I can find Bioshock 1 PS3 for $4, never played the first one D:

Haha Brutal legend was $2-3 back in July, if it's there, wonder if it'll be less then a dollar

I hit x two (2) Sears in the Charleston, SC-area; nothing significant at all; for the most part I saw what most everyone else is posting ($2.00-$3.00 price drops); all games I saw that were formerly $12.97 are now $9.97 eg: Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attack :)wii:), Zoo Tycoon 2 :)ds:), The Price is Right: 2010 Edition :)ds:), etc. were all dropped $3.00. I picked up SAW :)ps3:) for $5.97, Ratatouille :)360:) & No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle :)wii:) @ $7.97/each. Didn't see any :360: Headsets or :360: 60g HD's, either...those may be gone for good?

[quote name='theking20']Haven't been to a Sears since July, wonder whats happened since then, I'm going later today.

Hopefully I can find Bioshock 1 PS3 for $4, never played the first one D:

Haha Brutal legend was $2-3 back in July, if it's there, wonder if it'll be less then a dollar[/QUOTE]

Bioshock is my favorite game of all time...and I have been playing since the days of Atari and Colecovision.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I hit x two (2) Sears in the Charleston, SC-area; nothing significant at all; for the most part I saw what most everyone else is posting ($2.00-$3.00 price drops); all games I saw that were formerly $12.97 are now $9.97 eg: Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attack :)wii:), Zoo Tycoon 2 :)ds:), The Price is Right: 2010 Edition :)ds:), etc. were all dropped $3.00. I picked up SAW :)ps3:) for $5.97, Ratatouille :)360:) & No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle :)wii:) @ $7.97/each. Didn't see any :360: Headsets or :360: 60g HD's, either...those may be gone for good?[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup on Saw! I would've bit at that price too.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I've never played Band Hero, but is the bundle worth picking up for 19.97? (PS2 bundle)[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's worth it if your plan is to play it on a ps2 (not sure about instrument compatibility...I think there were issues with the ps2 version instruments not working in Rock Band games). It's a pretty solid game (I have the standalone ps2 version and later bought it again for ps3 to export). Basically Guitar Hero 5 with a bit of a mainstream pop-oriented makeover and tracklist. Your best bet is to look at the full song list on wikipedia and make your decision from that.

The Sears Essentials in Lawnside, NJ is clearancing out most of their stuff and converting into a Kmart next month. A handful of games left at 60% off with a few weeks left--best deals I saw were:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow (Xbox 360 & PS3): $20
Enslaved (PS3): $8
Twisted Metal Head On (PS2): $6
Xbox 360 non-slim 250 GB drive: $52

Tools are 40%, men's clothing is at 70%.

Got some stuff today

Saw:

Monster Hunter Tri 19.97
Professor Layton Diabolical box 14.97

Bought:

Logitech PC headset 6.97 (regular 19.99), REALLY good deal on this
Pokemon DS case blue with shaymin 1.97
Madagascar 2 Xbox 360 - 4.97

[quote name='slowdive21']Bioshock is my favorite game of all time...and I have been playing since the days of Atari and Colecovision.[/QUOTE]

I opened Bioshock last year around August and stopped playing it 1 week later. I really wanted to like the game but it just didn't happen. I disliked the limited ammo found, and long audio recordings found along the way and I just couldn't absorb myself into the story, I really tried :whistle2:( Maybe I need to give it another chance.

[quote name='Romeo']I always thought these prices would be universal. Saw and Enslaved for PS3 were $9 and $20.[/QUOTE]

These clearance prices are usually YMMV and are not universal; similar to Target. I think the only thing universal about Sears clearance are the days prices are updated (usually the 1st Friday of the month).

Today I visited my closest Sears and still found games that had June/July clearance stickers on them :whistle2:s Most of the games I wanted :)360:Alan Wake, :360:Dante's Inferno, :360:NFS: Shift :ps3:Overlord were still ringing up at either $19.99 or $14.99.

I did pickup :360:AvP for $9.99 though, that game also had a June clearance sticker.

Damn, the Sears in Ventura is actually worse than the one here. They don't even have a clearance bin of any sort (or a very full retail section). Laaame.

[quote name='MR_E']I'd say it's worth it if your plan is to play it on a ps2 (not sure about instrument compatibility...I think there were issues with the ps2 version instruments not working in Rock Band games). It's a pretty solid game (I have the standalone ps2 version and later bought it again for ps3 to export). Basically Guitar Hero 5 with a bit of a mainstream pop-oriented makeover and tracklist. Your best bet is to look at the full song list on wikipedia and make your decision from that.[/QUOTE]

I do not recommend Band Hero on the PS2 if you have another console to play it on.

The gameplay mechanic may be sound, hell, you could probably play and enjoy it on the NES, but the menu system and customization is broken on the PS2. Every element of customization requires a separate load time, So if you pick a head, clothes, etc., every change requires disc access, so any kind of dress-up customization you do is a huge time sink.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Damn, the Sears in Ventura is actually worse than the one here. They don't even have a clearance bin of any sort (or a very full retail section). Laaame.[/QUOTE]

They had a huge one before, but then all of the games disappeared for some reason. They had some good ones too.

[quote name='tenike1']They had a huge one before, but then all of the games disappeared for some reason. They had some good ones too.[/QUOTE]
That's a shame. It's such a big store, so I was really surprised to see basically just a case or two with games. Toys R Us didn't have much to offer either (they also didn't have a clearance bin); they used to have a really big gaming section when I was a kid. Of course, a lot can change over the course of 10 or so years.

The GameStop on Saviers in Oxnard was surprisingly decent, though. I ended up not getting most of the games I wanted, but they had a good selection. They don't seem to get much business, so that may be why.

Can someone tell me if the Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle for the xbox is supposed to be on clearance? I searched and found that a few people got it for $20 but others haven't confirmed. Is there any way to tell?

Hit yet another Sears today I think I hit every Sears in western NY this week or at least came close to it lol. Don't worry though I am not buying up all the good stuff, just a couple items per store so there is plenty left for everyone.

Today Notables:

iPod boombox for 14.97 which is a really good price for one, I don't remember the brand and be warned, it is hot pink!

Nyko White wand pack for 19.97, no idea how good of a deal this is. The black Nyko Wand pack is 29.99.

Surf's Up Xbox 360 4.97

Fallout 3 Platinum Hits 9.97 Xbox 360, good deal on this but there is a GOTY edition out with more content included so I passed.

Star Ocean First Departure PSP 9.97

Regular component cables for 1.97, I seem to see these at each sears so if you need some you will probably find them.

Original Super Paper Mario not the Nintendo Selects version was marked with a 34.97 August clearance tag, no idea how much this one costs now.

Lots of Project Slypheed for Xbox 360, marked with a 24.97 august tag I think, this one is 3.99 at Gamestop used so keep that in mind.

Some other things I saw that might be cheap

Original Patapon PSP

Some direct TV remotes, no prices on these

The RCA MP3 player everyone is talking about, unmarked

Unmarked PS3 charger cables, no idea how much these are now, but they were 1.97 at one point, might be out of the system by now.

I have only seen the 5.97 Philips HDMI cables at one Sears, same with the Philips power strip for 4.97 that I got a month or 2 ago.

Everything at this Sears was marked with August tags, so all the prices were wrong, fortunately someone was trying to buy a TV that was out of stock so I was able to browse the clearance peacefully. No surprise there as I was considering a TV from the Sears ad this week but I took the liberty in checking out stock levels in my area online and it turns out there is like 1 Sears that has my desired model in stock, and there was only one in stock so that means I am SOL for a TV if there is something wrong with it and I am not putting in a new stand and moving everything only to find out that the TV is broken. I am just really afraid to buy a TV at Sears because I have heard a lot of arguing over TV's and appliances in the local stores. My fear may be unwarranted but I should probably go with my gut on this one.

[quote name='ZombieToast']That's a shame. It's such a big store, so I was really surprised to see basically just a case or two with games. Toys R Us didn't have much to offer either (they also didn't have a clearance bin); they used to have a really big gaming section when I was a kid. Of course, a lot can change over the course of 10 or so years.

The GameStop on Saviers in Oxnard was surprisingly decent, though. I ended up not getting most of the games I wanted, but they had a good selection. They don't seem to get much business, so that may be why.[/QUOTE]

I've been going to Saviers more and more often lately. Some of the employees at Rose really bother me. All in all, I hate Gamestops, but the store on Saviers does have a nice layout with breathing room. There is also one in Ventura by the old Target that I didn't know existed; really big store that doesn't seem like it gets a lot of business either.

The Gamestops on Rose and in the mall are definitely the worst though. :booty:

[quote name='tenike1']I've been going to Saviers more and more often lately. Some of the employees at Rose really bother me. All in all, I hate Gamestops, but the store on Saviers does have a nice layout with breathing room. There is also one in Ventura by the old Target that I didn't know existed; really big store that doesn't seem like it gets a lot of business either.

The Gamestops on Rose and in the mall are definitely the worst though. :booty:[/QUOTE]
When I moved, I think the one on Rose was the only one in Oxnard (not sure about Ventura or Camarillo)...but this was just over 10 years ago when they still sold NES games. Heh. Even back then, I think I only bothered to go two or three times. In those days, I usually went to Wherehouse or the grocery store that used to be next to Centerpoint Mall. I can't remember what it was called, but they had a nice video store inside where you could rent just about everything, including consoles. More often than not, though, I would just get games at the swap meet at the old drive-in on Oxnard Blvd. (back when they still showed movies!).

It's weird to see how much certain things have changed over the last decade, although there is a lot that hasn't changed one bit. But now I'm getting into off-topic territory. Anyway, I might have to check out the Ventura GameStop you mentioned next time I'm in town. Is that the one on Main St., near Donlon? My geography knowledge of Ventura is slightly limited.

[quote name='ZombieToast']When I moved, I think the one on Rose was the only one in Oxnard (not sure about Ventura or Camarillo)...but this was just over 10 years ago when they still sold NES games. Heh. Even back then, I think I only bothered to go two or three times. In those days, I usually went to Wherehouse or the grocery store that used to be next to Centerpoint Mall. I can't remember what it was called, but they had a nice video store inside where you could rent just about everything, including consoles. More often than not, though, I would just get games at the swap meet at the old drive-in on Oxnard Blvd. (back when they still showed movies!).

It's weird to see how much certain things have changed over the last decade, although there is a lot that hasn't changed one bit. But now I'm getting into off-topic territory. Anyway, I might have to check out the Ventura GameStop you mentioned next time I'm in town. Is that the one on Main St., near Donlon? My geography knowledge of Ventura is slightly limited.[/QUOTE]

It's on Main Street, next to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond (formerly Michael's, I believe).

Then there's a freaking Gamestop near Telephone and the two-story book store. Yeesh. They're popping up like McDonalds.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Heh, yeah, I usually say they're popping up like Starbucks. Here in Bakersfield, there are two of them in the same mall (and it's not a particularly big mall; probably smaller than the old Esplanade) and then there's another one just down the street.[/QUOTE]

When I lived in Carlsbad, there was an EB and Gamestop in the same mall. When the merger happened, I guess it was inevitable there would be two Gamestops or one of them would go out.

Picked up :ps3: Bioshock for $5 today,couldnt pass that up,but didnt see too much else marked down,unless they were priced wrong.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Picked up :ps3: Bioshock for $5 today,couldnt pass that up,but didnt see too much else marked down,unless they were priced wrong.[/QUOTE]

I just passed that up xD. I was looking for the 360 version, but they only had PS3 copies.

I did pick up a iHome Media Keyboard though. For 2.97, I figured I might as well.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I just passed that up xD. I was looking for the 360 version, but they only had PS3 copies.

I did pick up a iHome Media Keyboard though. For 2.97, I figured I might as well.[/QUOTE]

Was this in the electronics section? I actually never knew iHome made anything buy docks... :D

2.99 clearance clothes this week for Men's and Women's. I have no idea if this applies to kids clothing. I just got a bunch of stuff for myself though. The sale is valid for green tags on the clothing, even the higher priced green tags will ring up as 2.99.

bread's done
Back