Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I forget. What was that tablet that's $50 right now on clearance? I'd probably buy one for chuckles if it drops to $25 or something.[/QUOTE]

I had a touchpad that I got in the fire sale too that I sold to my brother in law just because I didn't use it much but I would pick one up for $25 too if it dropped that low. Let me know if you figure out which one it is.

http://www.google.com/products/deta...=X&ei=b02aT7z7IuaF6QGA9LHlDg&ved=0CKYBEKoMMAQ

There you go cheapest.

And I don't know if they implemented the next drops early or what, but the one Sears near me is showing a lot of new hardware on clearance.

Ex:
PSVita 3g/Wifi Launch Bundle for $289.97
PS3 Infamous System bundle for $289.97
All 3DS's except pink for $10.02 less
360 Slims w/Kinect for $10 less
PS3 Sony Headphones for $74.97
and some more. (including various PSVita accessories for $5 or so less)

Nah, just fed up with some stuff.

Oh, one more note about Sears: three different stores in NEOH have the Guitar Hero 2 Bundle for the 360 for the amazing price of $89.99... and have had it that way since release...

Over at Richmond Mall, I picked up Forza 4 for $24.97 and a 250GB slim hard drive for $34.93. The hard drive was in a bin that said take 50% off the marked price, which was $69.87. There was still another hard drive in the bin when I left.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So what the hell you been up to? You disappeared for a while. Hiding out from the flippin' mafia?[/QUOTE]

Do you own a Vita? Have you scoured the areas Sears for drops?

[quote name='dabamus']Nah, just fed up with some stuff.

Oh, one more note about Sears: three different stores in NEOH have the Guitar Hero 2 Bundle for the 360 for the amazing price of $89.99... and have had it that way since release...[/QUOTE]
Me too. I almost went lurker a couple of times on here lately since you gotta watch your p's and q's around here anymore. Stuff that's innocuous gets deleted because someone has a hissy fit and reports it to the mods as 'omg off topic' or whatever.
[quote name='Romeo']Do you own a Vita? Have you scoured the areas Sears for drops?[/QUOTE]
Nah. I'll probably wait till those hit clearance whenever and buy one then. It looks like a nice system, but not nice enough for $200+ for me. As it stands, I have to find someplace with reliable wifi(since my connection sucks:whistle2:#) to update the one PSPGo I opened up and to attempt downloading some of those free games Sony gave us for the PSN hacking to play on it.

It's a nice lil system and contrary to what the employees told me at Sears everything inside the system I did crack open was still factory sealed.
[quote name='Invicta 61']I think by "flippin'" he means fuckin', not game flippin'.

Well, you never know. I guess there could be a game flippin' mafia.[/QUOTE]
It was in reference to the last flipping social group that I was in on here with dabamus. Many of the CAG members in that group completely stopped posting on here and would get on your ass if you even half hinted at a potential flip anywhere on the site. I remember when the Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen DS games were $10 at BB and I let it slip on the BB trade thread that they traded right back in for $25-26 or something.

I got so much flak for that, which now that I think about it was kinda warranted, since very few other people had figured out that flip till I mentioned it.:whistle2:#

Soon after that I was ousted from the group, since I refused to stop trying to be somewhat social on CAG in comparison to the other members of that group.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I'll probably wait till those hit clearance whenever and buy one then. It looks like a nice system, but not nice enough for $200+ for me.[/QUOTE]
Definitely wait. I caved and got one because my GS credit was burning a hole in my pocket and I knew it would be a relatively guilt-free purchase, but the thing is just sitting there. Memory cards are outrageous, so I'm not even going to consider upgrading mine until I can get a Chinese knockoff. And despite how excited everyone got about Vita's launch games, most of them aren't very good. There's some playability, yes, but it's going to be a while before any must-have games are available in the US. Which is a shame because the Vita itself is rather impressive.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

It was in reference to the last flipping social group that I was in on here with dabamus. Many of the CAG members in that group completely stopped posting on here and would get on your ass if you even half hinted at a potential flip anywhere on the site. I remember when the Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen DS games were $10 at BB and I let it slip on the BB trade thread that they traded right back in for $25-26 or something.

I got so much flak for that, which now that I think about it was kinda warranted, since very few other people had figured out that flip till I mentioned it.:whistle2:#

Soon after that I was ousted from the group, since I refused to stop trying to be somewhat social on CAG in comparison to the other members of that group.[/QUOTE]

So there is a game flippin' mafia! The mafia moves in silence, so don't be suprised that they turned on you. Just be glad that they let you keep your thumbs!

Although I don't flip myself, I recognize it as part of the hobby. Who am I to judge others on their dealings?

[quote name='ZombieToast']Definitely wait. I caved and got one because my GS credit was burning a hole in my pocket and I knew it would be a relatively guilt-free purchase, but the thing is just sitting there. Memory cards are outrageous, so I'm not even going to consider upgrading mine until I can get a Chinese knockoff. And despite how excited everyone got about Vita's launch games, most of them aren't very good. There's some playability, yes, but it's going to be a while before any must-have games are available in the US. Which is a shame because the Vita itself is rather impressive.[/QUOTE]
I almost bought one of the launch bundles that BB had soon after launch, since at that point I had around $500-600 in credit there. But I held off and I'm glad I did. Hopefully the drops at Sears will be sizable and I can snag one on clearance sooner than later.
[quote name='Invicta 61']So there is a game flippin' mafia! The mafia moves in silence, so don't be suprised that they turned on you. Just be glad that they let you keep your thumbs!

Although I don't flip myself, I recognize it as part of the hobby. Who am I to judge others on their dealings?[/QUOTE]
I wish everybody on here shared that same mentality of not judging others. But yeah, I got to keep my thumbs thankfully.

[quote name='deadtrees']Picked up a Nyko Chargestation Quad (PS3) for $2.97 at the Moorestown, NJ store (one left, albeit opened). Also had Kinect sensor TV stands for $4.97. Price tags were handwritten.[/QUOTE]
Was it this Nyko charge station for move controllers?
http://www.amazon.com/Move-Charge-Station-Charging-Playstation-3/dp/B003RDEV8E

If so, that's really amazing! I had to pay close to $10 (new & still sealed) last week at my local Sears.

[quote name='vze21gwa']Is $99.99 a good price for a 250gb original xbox 360 hdd?[/QUOTE]

Personally I think it's a terrible price. It's full price isn't it? Last Black Friday you were able to buy a new 250GB slim CONSOLE for 199.99 with some games included. The HDD alone for 250 is IMO a terrible deal. Just wait until the XBox slim goes on sale again. I think New Egg had that holiday bundle on sale earlier this month for $250.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's a Pandigital Novel 7" tablet. I couldn't find a listing for it on Google Shopping though.[/QUOTE]That tab does NOT look good. According to a little net research, the black one (the one at Sears?) runs Android 1.5 and the superior white one runs 2.0. Hacks are in progress to root them, however, despite being required to release open source OS, Pandigital has so far refused which is obviously slowing down the process on a less than stellar device. If it drops to $30 I may get one and wait and hope for a successful root and it could be a cheap source of entertainment for the littles ones, but I have my doubts. 1.5 can't even run angry birds. What games will even work on 1.5?

My store just so happened to put the xbox 360 slim hard drive on the 991 table while I was gone. I came in last night and found it marked down to $55. Can't go wrong there!

[quote name='Blaster man']Personally I think it's a terrible price. It's full price isn't it? Last Black Friday you were able to buy a new 250GB slim CONSOLE for 199.99 with some games included. The HDD alone for 250 is IMO a terrible deal. Just wait until the XBox slim goes on sale again. I think New Egg had that holiday bundle on sale earlier this month for $250.[/QUOTE]Actually it was $129.99 and now it rings at $99.99. So I guess it's at full price. I thought it would be on clearance since it's the original one and all. I thought of getting the generic ones but i don't know if they will work as well or get me banned from Xbox live.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That tab does NOT look good. According to a little net research, the black one (the one at Sears?) runs Android 1.5 and the superior white one runs 2.0. Hacks are in progress to root them, however, despite being required to release open source OS, Pandigital has so far refused which is obviously slowing down the process on a less than stellar device. If it drops to $30 I may get one and wait and hope for a successful root and it could be a cheap source of entertainment for the littles ones, but I have my doubts. 1.5 can't even run angry birds. What games will even work on 1.5?[/QUOTE]
I'd only want it for surfing the web while I'm out of town for work really, so for $30 or so I'd take a chance on it.

I snagged two of the HP Touchpads when they went fire sale at BB(one online, one in store) and everywhere I went I read about how people were gonna tweak this and max out that. I just wanted one to fuck around with as-is.:booty:

Not everybody wants a top of the line, fastest ever, does everything PC.:razz: Case in point: My Dell Dimension desktop I have from 2005 or 2006 or so. Most people would say it's an 'antique'. To me ,as long as this 'antique' can surf the internet and do so w/o crashing every nanosecond I'm fine with it.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Was it this Nyko charge station for move controllers?
http://www.amazon.com/Move-Charge-Station-Charging-Playstation-3/dp/B003RDEV8E[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the one. But if you liked that price...
By8Nb.jpg
(taken at the Burlington, NJ store earlier this week)

[quote name='deadtrees']Yep, that's the one. But if you liked that price...
By8Nb.jpg
(taken at the Burlington, NJ store earlier this week)[/QUOTE]
:shock: Shiiiiiiiiit. How come we can't have awesome blowout deals like that around here at our Sears stores.:bomb: I likely would've grabbed everything for laughs.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: Shiiiiiiiiit. How come we can't have awesome blowout deals like that around here at our Sears stores.:bomb: I likely would've grabbed everything for laughs.:)[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly!

By8Nb.jpg
(taken at the Burlington, NJ store earlier this week)[/QUOTE]

I so would become a flipper if I ever encountered a deal that good.

I'd get that PSP go headset, even though I don't have a PSP go. I spy a DSi XL pouch/carrying case with mushroom logo.

I also spy a Nyko charge station. (How are these?)

I can't tell if that is a PSP go travel case in the middle.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:shock: Shiiiiiiiiit. How come we can't have awesome blowout deals like that around here at our Sears stores.:bomb: I likely would've grabbed everything for laughs.:)[/QUOTE]

And I'd be sure to follow up chastising you...

;)

My Sears used to have pretty much all the clearance deals, and I actually used to pass on quite a few deals for only the very best ones (Hot Shot's Golf PS3 for $.97, A Boy and His Blob Wii $1.97, Bioshock PS3 $2.97, etc).

I used to laugh at all the 2-3 year old sports games they had lined up in the clearance bins.

Well I would KILL for some of those deals now. I went to my sears last week and they didn't have a single PS3 game in clearance, and really they just had a very few NDS, PS2, and 360 games. What's worse is they were barely marked down at all, even though some had clearly been there for 5 years. Clearance isn't going to get any better because this store barely even has any NEW game inventory. So there will be nothing to clearance out. Looks like this store got burned on games inventory markdowns, and now is going completely the other way and not even stocking games at all.

That charging station is probably worth it for $10 but they are still like $20 over here, but I will have to check the prices with the scanner next time I go. Though I have a feeling these will be sitting around for a while. There are also PS3 accessories on sale at Kmart but the prices don't seem that good yet. It seems worth it especially since it comes with an AC Adapter, I just wish it had a port to charge the regular PS3 controller. There are quite a few PSP, DS, 3DS and PS3 accessories on clearance around here. Even the new sony remote is down to 19.97.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for people posting stuff. Went down to Sears and picked up the LAST copy of PS3 Vanquish for $13. This game is excellent and I love the price I got it for. THANK YOU!

I hit up a Sears in VA earlier, and the entire game department was clearanced, except for the newest and highest profile release games. I'd really like to see SoulSilver/HeartGold drop to the ~15 range so I could get another Pokewalker. Lost mine a long time ago.

[quote name='Agent Orange']My Sears used to have pretty much all the clearance deals, and I actually used to pass on quite a few deals for only the very best ones (Hot Shot's Golf PS3 for $.97, A Boy and His Blob Wii $1.97, Bioshock PS3 $2.97, etc).

I used to laugh at all the 2-3 year old sports games they had lined up in the clearance bins.

Well I would KILL for some of those deals now. I went to my sears last week and they didn't have a single PS3 game in clearance, and really they just had a very few NDS, PS2, and 360 games. What's worse is they were barely marked down at all, even though some had clearly been there for 5 years. Clearance isn't going to get any better because this store barely even has any NEW game inventory. So there will be nothing to clearance out. Looks like this store got burned on games inventory markdowns, and now is going completely the other way and not even stocking games at all.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like around here, except that one of the local game store owners found out about clearance at Sears and has cleared them out at least 1-2x so far including a recent time when they marked everything in a select bin down an additional 75% off.:bomb:

But yeah, I used to cherry pick the Kmart and Sears stores around here. Anymore I'm happy enough to just find a halfway decent deal to be able to grab.:whistle2:# My local store seems to also be slowing down on stocking newer stuff too. Not to mention they have Skylanders sets taking up 60% of the PS3 game case and the lower half of the case is stuffed with PS3's and bundled PS3's.

Picked up 2 x psp travelling cases for $3.97 each and some component cables for the PS3 also price the same! Saw the quad controller charging station for the PS move, but the sticker seal was opened and didnt want to risk it.

[quote name='FatherChesz']I hit up a Sears in VA earlier, and the entire game department was clearanced, except for the newest and highest profile release games. I'd really like to see SoulSilver/HeartGold drop to the ~15 range so I could get another Pokewalker. Lost mine a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Which location did you visit?

[quote name='Agent Orange']My Sears used to have pretty much all the clearance deals, and I actually used to pass on quite a few deals for only the very best ones (Hot Shot's Golf PS3 for $.97, A Boy and His Blob Wii $1.97, Bioshock PS3 $2.97, etc).

Well I would KILL for some of those deals now. I went to my sears last week and they didn't have a single PS3 game in clearance, and really they just had a very few NDS, PS2, and 360 games. What's worse is they were barely marked down at all, even though some had clearly been there for 5 years. Clearance isn't going to get any better because this store barely even has any NEW game inventory. So there will be nothing to clearance out. Looks like this store got burned on games inventory markdowns, and now is going completely the other way and not even stocking games at all.[/QUOTE]

My store planogram was supposed to roll out a month ago with about two dozen titles. We were supposed to get stuff like Kingdom of Amalur, R&C: All 4 One, and a bunch of others. Instead, all we've received is Mass Effect 3 and have a ton of empty space on our shelves.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds like around here, except that one of the local game store owners found out about clearance at Sears and has cleared them out at least 1-2x so far including a recent time when they marked everything in a select bin down an additional 75% off.:bomb:

But yeah, I used to cherry pick the Kmart and Sears stores around here. Anymore I'm happy enough to just find a halfway decent deal to be able to grab.:whistle2:# My local store seems to also be slowing down on stocking newer stuff too. Not to mention they have Skylanders sets taking up 60% of the PS3 game case and the lower half of the case is stuffed with PS3's and bundled PS3's.[/QUOTE]

One local chain of (extremely overpriced) independent game stores here specifically positions themselves in locations right next to goodwill or salvation army or within the same plaza as a goodwill or SA or other thrift store.... Thus ensuring that they will have plenty of inventory to sell in their store and that the general public will never get game deals from these thrift store locations... I didn't catch on to this until I visited a few thrifts and realized there was one of these game stores near every single one. This also ensures that I will never do business with this particular chain, and with prices 50% or higher than ebay why would I?

This is probably the dirtiest tactic I have ever seen for doing business but I will take it as long as they leave the Sears clearance alone which they seem to be doing for now.

[quote name='ImperialPie']The Xbox 360 Slim HDDs are $20 at my store. Don't forget, tomorrow new markdowns start.[/QUOTE]

But don't actually ring up said new prices until Friday.

Oh yeah I forgot. It takes a day for the new prices to be in the system. I'm still learning the process. Some, but not all, clearance games are getting marked down. Also I think I read awhile back that some people saw the PSP-3000 on clearance. I found it too at $119.97. I have one at my store and another at a nearby store. Waiting for that sucker to go down a bit further.

[quote name='SaraAB']One local chain of (extremely overpriced) independent game stores here specifically positions themselves in locations right next to goodwill or salvation army or within the same plaza as a goodwill or SA or other thrift store.... Thus ensuring that they will have plenty of inventory to sell in their store and that the general public will never get game deals from these thrift store locations... I didn't catch on to this until I visited a few thrifts and realized there was one of these game stores near every single one. This also ensures that I will never do business with this particular chain, and with prices 50% or higher than ebay why would I?

This is probably the dirtiest tactic I have ever seen for doing business but I will take it as long as they leave the Sears clearance alone which they seem to be doing for now.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of the one game shop up in Johnson City(NY) which is right next door to a Salvation Army up there and directly in front of an old 1970's looking Kmart with a parking lot that it looks like they tested mortar shells on.:lol:

By8Nb.jpg
(taken at the Burlington, NJ store earlier this week)[/QUOTE] oh fuck I live 4 miles from Burlington... Is that steal still there?

Shit. Apparently someone musta finally bought that black PSPGo up at my closest Sears for $100(unless they did another one of those frickin' 75% off clearance dealies again:bomb:) as it's showing out of stock now on Google Shopping.

Not to mention that the Black Friday PS3 bundle isn't showing up again on there.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That reminds me of the one game shop up in Johnson City(NY) which is right next door to a Salvation Army up there and directly in front of an old 1970's looking Kmart with a parking lot that it looks like they tested mortar shells on.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Ok I think you got me beat on that, since they can leech deals from Kmart and SA, the only thing that would be more awesome is if we found a game store that was in a plaza with a sears, kmart and a thrift store! Though the one town where this indy store is located just got a gamestop which is right across the street from the store, the gamestop is a better value than the indy store by far!

Its all speculation on my part but I am sure that the owners of this game store are walking to the thrift 2-3 times a day to buy games for their business only to sell them at a 70% markup from goodwill prices. Though I suspect there is also the possibility that Goodwill has stopped sending games to these stores if they know its going on, they do have an online store after all, where they can sell their games for high prices themselves. They probably have people that canvas the whole area buying up all the stuff from the goodwills and SA's around here. The sad thing is that people take the bait and actually buy from these guys, when the same games are available on ebay and are just a click and a few days wait away, for again, more than 50% off the local store's prices. Even the most expensive games in the store would be much cheaper on ebay... To give you an idea of how bad it is one of our local stores has the guts to charge $60-90 each for COMMON Saturn games.

Oh and if you think gamestop stickers are bad you should see the stickers this store puts on their games, its not just one sticker like gamestop puts, they put a huge price sticker, then they put their own huge stickers on it with the name of their store, then they put a 10% off if you sign up for their rewards card sticker on it too.

[quote name='SaraAB']Ok I think you got me beat on that, since they can leech deals from Kmart and SA, the only thing that would be more awesome is if we found a game store that was in a plaza with a sears, kmart and a thrift store! Though the one town where this indy store is located just got a gamestop which is right across the street from the store, the gamestop is a better value than the indy store by far!

Its all speculation on my part but I am sure that the owners of this game store are walking to the thrift 2-3 times a day to buy games for their business only to sell them at a 70% markup from goodwill prices. Though I suspect there is also the possibility that Goodwill has stopped sending games to these stores if they know its going on, they do have an online store after all, where they can sell their games for high prices themselves. They probably have people that canvas the whole area buying up all the stuff from the goodwills and SA's around here. The sad thing is that people take the bait and actually buy from these guys, when the same games are available on ebay and are just a click and a few days wait away, for again, more than 50% off the local store's prices. Even the most expensive games in the store would be much cheaper on ebay... To give you an idea of how bad it is one of our local stores has the guts to charge $60-90 each for COMMON Saturn games.

Oh and if you think gamestop stickers are bad you should see the stickers this store puts on their games, its not just one sticker like gamestop puts, they put a huge price sticker, then they put their own huge stickers on it with the name of their store, then they put a 10% off if you sign up for their rewards card sticker on it too.[/QUOTE]
Actually I'm not even from the Johnson City area. I just remember that Salvation Army(kind of a dirty looking one no less) being right next door to a game store and in the same parking lot as the Kmart.

I haven't been up there in years myself, but when I was there last was when Kmart clearanced those Logitech wireless PS2 controllers down to $5-10 or whatever. So that was 2006-2007 at the latest.

As for my area though, there's 2-3 indy game stores and at least the one guy who sells at the flea market here. He's ok cuz I don't think he knows about the clearance spots I hit for the games I sell him on occasion, By comparison the one game store owner hits up every major sale from Kmart/Sears/TRU/etc and has gone from being about helping the customers when he only had one store(he has 3 now) to being a total fuckwad douchebag and lowballing the crap out of you when you go to sell to him.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I'm not even from the Johnson City area. I just remember that Salvation Army(kind of a dirty looking one no less) being right next door to a game store and in the same parking lot as the Kmart.

I haven't been up there in years myself, but when I was there last was when Kmart clearanced those Logitech wireless PS2 controllers down to $5-10 or whatever. So that was 2006-2007 at the latest.

As for my area though, there's 2-3 indy game stores and at least the one guy who sells at the flea market here. He's ok cuz I don't think he knows about the clearance spots I hit for the games I sell him on occasion, By comparison the one game store owner hits up every major sale from Kmart/Sears/TRU/etc and has gone from being about helping the customers when he only had one store(he has 3 now) to being a total fuckwad douchebag and lowballing the crap out of you when you go to sell to him.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that most resellers in my area don't know about this, as there is plenty of stuff floating around at the Sears stores by me, if a hoarder was hitting it, then I would probably be seeing nothing on clearance. Then again I am not aware of any specific hoarder or reseller in my area other than the indie game stores. There is a fleamarket here, but if all the sellers from the fleamarket were buying from Sears there would be nothing left at any store in my area. I have a feeling that the fleamarket sellers are more than stocked with games, there is one seller at the market here that has probably 10k or more games, in stacks, piles and boxes, and I am not even joking about this. Next time I am there I will try to shoot a picture, but the way our market is set up I might not even be able to find the specific booth again, it is literately a maze inside.

This has already gone way off topic but they are also threatening to shut the fleamarket down and perhaps relocate it, this place and vendors have been there for years, with junk accumulating like a hoarder's basement (except the basement in this case is a huge retail sized building probably the size of most malls). Its gonna be nearly impossible to move it all, and I definitely wouldn't want to be the one to have to move 10k games.... Its a really nasty, run down building but of course now everything has to be "upscale" according to the town so the fleamarket is on the chopping block.

bread's done
Back