Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I overheard a couple employees talking about a 75% off list. They were in shock to see that the xbox 360's and wii's were going to be 75% off. I tried to follow them around and ease drop without being noticed but I didn't hear much. I'm going to be in the area tomorrow so I'll stop by at opening and follow up if I find anything.

[quote name='lostdecoy']I actually have something to use for the player, I got lucky and got these Belkin Universal Wireless HDTV Links for $12.50 each!

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Univer.../B005O88CY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343766233

A freak find at Target 2 weeks ago at 80% off original price, glad this will come in handy! My only problem is I want to put this player in my bedroom and my TV chest compartments are 16.25" wide...and this player is 17" wide - argh!

Did you check your store for the Sony Blu-Ray Player BDP-S380? My store is supposed to have stock but can't find it anywhere. Would love to grab one for my dad.[/QUOTE]Not familiar with those belkins, but glad you already have a wifi solution. They didn't have the Sony that I posted about, that was a google shopping find and only one store on the other side of the city has/had it.

Galleria mall in buffalo had (HAD) halo reach for $9.97 (was marked $14.97), batman arkham city for $14.97, and ps3 Battlefield 3 for $14.97. 360 Battlefield was marked full price, i didnt check it to see if it was cheaper. There was only one guy in electronics and he didnt seem interested in helping me when there was another guy looking at tvs.

[quote name='Jesse757x']I overheard a couple employees talking about a 75% off list. They were in shock to see that the xbox 360's and wii's were going to be 75% off. I tried to follow them around and ease drop without being noticed but I didn't hear much. I'm going to be in the area tomorrow so I'll stop by at opening and follow up if I find anything.[/QUOTE]

seems interesting! Might have to check my local sears tomorrow too!

Just got a PS3 eye camera for $15 at sears, they had a cart with all of the clearenced games/accessories in a cart, the ps3 eye was marked as 30 on the sticker but when they scanned it turned out to be $15. Is this a good deal for this?

[quote name='TKSJOHN']seems interesting! Might have to check my local sears tomorrow too![/QUOTE]
Yeah, me too. Thanks for the info, Jesse757x.

Any idea of when Sear's update their clearance? I'd really like to snag some of these deals, but I went today and everything was still full price.

[quote name='Jesse757x']I overheard a couple employees talking about a 75% off list. They were in shock to see that the xbox 360's and wii's were going to be 75% off. I tried to follow them around and ease drop without being noticed but I didn't hear much. I'm going to be in the area tomorrow so I'll stop by at opening and follow up if I find anything.[/QUOTE]

Most likely it'll be the wii's that DON'T include Mario kart, the holiday xbox bundles (fable 3 and halo reach OR some carnival games + kinect).

On a related note, the mw3 ps3 is coming up as a black ops bundle. This is on clearance for $249.97, so it may be part of the 50/75% off.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Just called my local Sears, and they said they're not doing the additional percentage off clearaned items.[/QUOTE]

Did they announce that some were? I haven't heard anything about this.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Just called my local Sears, and they said they're not doing the additional percentage off clearaned items.[/QUOTE]

Your first mistake, calling.

Your second mistake, believing that a Sears employee actually knows what promotions are going on when. They've had the 50% off all clearance games at my local sears in the past, and even some of the games themselves were stickered and the employee still didn't know about the promotion until I pointed it out.

I hope that 75% off is national and not store specific. One local Sears near me does have a Manager's Special with games for $4.99 but it is all junk.

[quote name='doc_j88']
Also Final Fantasy 13 $4.97 (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Checked today, and that one's still $14.97 here...d'oh The other store I went to was almost totally void of clearance games (a couple 3DS games with pink stickers on hooks) and most of the gaming section was gone and reclaimed by nature...lol RIP Sears clearance...

Went to one of the Sears I frequency yesterday, got two good things, saw many other potentials, but I'm sure this is YMMV sort of thing:
This Sears was going through a remodel of sorts, where they moved around their TVs to a different, more visible location. This was exactly where the video games used to be, and at first I panicked when I didn't see the games. I found them back in a corner now, though the whole place was a mess I'm sure its not its final location. Hopefully they will still keep carrying video games, as I can consistently find good deals as this location. If they do clear out I hope I have a chance to get in on any blowout sales, they still have tons of games.

:wii: Classic Controller Pro White - $6.00
:wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour with Guitar - $10.00

I also happened to see a PSP 3000 Karate Bundle tagged at $149.99, though it was in the wire cage so I couldn't scan it for myself. The sole employee in electronics insisted that was the right price (which I'm certain it's not), and wouldn't take it out for me unless I bought it. Anyone else seen these in the past and can get me an idea of its price (or at least a UPC so I can create a scan bar)? I might just go ahead and buy it to return it later if it is the $149.99 price, I'd be stoked if it was anything under $80 at this point.

[quote name='Gideon68']why would you even have to buy it? Tell him you want it and if it rings up at reg price tell him you changed your mind.[/QUOTE]
I was tempted to, but it was one of the more snarky employees at this location, and I've already bugged her in the past for getting things out of the cases / cages to check their prices. Also, I didn't want to raise a flag if it was cheaper than listed, but not low enough for me to jump on. It would encourage them to update the price, which means it stands a higher chance of someone else buying it before it took another (possible) price drop next month.

I'll try again this week to see if I get one of the more amiable and less proactive employees when I check.

The guy at my Sears said I just missed some PS3s, 360s, and DSiXLs for 75% off this past weekend. I have been asking and checking every so often for the sales and the one weekend I dont go, they do this. DAMN IT!!

[quote name='addicted2games']The guy at my Sears said I just missed some PS3s, 360s, and DSiXLs for 75% off this past weekend. I have been asking and checking every so often for the sales and the one weekend I dont go, they do this. DAMN IT!![/QUOTE]
That's why I was shocked there was anything left when I was at my closest one the other day and they said stuff was marked 75% off or more including consoles. Had I known about the blowout sale applying to everything in the damn case, I would've taken a special trek to the store to grab a spare PS3 or maybe even finally buy a 360.:D

This could be really good. My 360 disc drive died a couple days ago and MS wants to charge me $99 to repair it, which I refuse to do since this is my 5th console in 6 years that broke. I forgot i bought an extended warranty from Sears. Just got off the phone with them and I ship my console to them and they ship me a gift card for $325!

Would be awesome if they still have some consoles on clearnce when i get my card.

Was at mine today, and as usual nothing good. The DSiXL's where on clearance for I think like 159.xx but that was really it. Most of the games are gone except the brand new ones (and it looks stupid because half the spaces are now empty and the ones that have games in are just randomly placed around) and nothing else worthwhile at all.

[quote name='addicted2games']The guy at my Sears said I just missed some PS3s, 360s, and DSiXLs for 75% off this past weekend. I have been asking and checking every so often for the sales and the one weekend I dont go, they do this. DAMN IT!![/QUOTE]

YMMV? my sears has yet to have anything with a bonus percent off that I am aware and i stop in about 2 times a week since it is on the way to go other places

[quote name='willc23']Skylanders Starter Pack (360) $9.97. PS3 DS Wii full price. PS3 camera $.97. Lots of Vita accessories $.97.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Was there an additional discount sale going on at this store?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Picked up two of these:

Xbox 360 250 GB Hard Drive $29.99[/QUOTE]

I found 2 of these yesterday at another Sears, all marked correctly. I also picked up both of them. Only good video game find in my area...

Returned to the sears which had a regularly priced DSiXL Mario bundle (129.99) on Thursday and saw that it was gone. Strange considering the employee put it right back after checking it for me. I did see the price on the screen though.

Stopped by my closer Sears today and sure enough they had a 50% off table. The guy said it was really full on Friday (I almost stopped by Friday, but I was stuck in traffic over an hour already at that point and just wanted the day to end). The sign stated "Take an additional 50% off marked prices on clearace items. Discount will be taken at register" but he thought the 50% discount was reflected in the prices already. Battlefield 3 PS3/360 were marked $40 and Halo Reach was $30. He also stated it was just the table and not other clearance stuff in cases although sign didn't specify. I scanned a Samsung 5300 blu player and it was 99.97 as marked. Battlefield 3 scanned at $40. So the 50% was definitely not automatic. There were a few items that I had been eyeing that were gone like the last 1600 point cards and several 1 year live packs. There were a few items on the table I would have liked to have gotten, but I didn't have the time I'm sure it would take to work out the intended final price.

[quote name='Kovorkian']YMMV? my sears has yet to have anything with a bonus percent off that I am aware and i stop in about 2 times a week since it is on the way to go other places[/QUOTE]

This Sears stuff is always YMMV, at least to some extent.

Checked two local stores today. One didn't have much at all. No "additional 50% off clearance" but did have some selective 25% off manager's specials. DSi's were $100 and DSI XL's were $90. Go figure. The other store had a couple of displays with the additional discount signage, but the employees were utterly clueless. In some cases, the item rang up for one price, the shelf tag had a different price, a pre-printed pink clearance sticker had another price, and a handwritten pink sticker had yet another. And it took them about 15 minutes of discussion before anyone could tell me that the additional 50% would indeed require an override by the cashier. None of the deals seemed all that great (nothing like what's been reported in this thread), so I left in disgust.

They had plenty of consoles, but none were discounted at all. I'd be all over a 75% off PS3 or 360.

The Hard Drive I bought looks like this one.

g45010qvjem.jpg

Now I don't know much about the Xbox, but I read somewhere, that there is a difference of hard drives between the regular Xbox 360 and the slim Xbox 360. This one won't work with a slim, right? And if I buy a regular Xbox 360, will I be able to get a new one easily?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']The Hard Drive I bought looks like this one.

g45010qvjem.jpg

Now I don't know much about the Xbox, but I read somewhere, that there is a difference of hard drives between the regular Xbox 360 and the slim Xbox 360. This one won't work with a slim, right? And if I buy a regular Xbox 360, will I be able to get a new one easily?[/QUOTE]

You can make the old hard drives work with the new slim 360s. Check YouTube.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Picked up two of these:

Xbox 360 250 GB Hard Drive $29.99[/QUOTE]

Picked up two as well, however mine were $34.XX. It was a handwritten manager's clearance.

I'll reiterate this again since it was lost in the clearance thread months ago.

If an item has a hand written tag and the register doesn't load the right price, Sears will honor it (ymmv as very few stores have abandoned this) as part of their Price Accuracy Pledge. I believe that if the tag is priced below $5, they give it to you for free. $5-25 reduces the price by $5, and over $25 reduces the price by 5%.

I think it's on the associate tab on their computers if the employee can't locate it.

[quote name='Byakurai']I'll reiterate this again since it was lost in the clearance thread months ago.

If an item has a hand written tag and the register doesn't load the right price, Sears will honor it (ymmv as very few stores have abandoned this) as part of their Price Accuracy Pledge. I believe that if the tag is priced below $5, they give it to you for free. $5-25 reduces the price by $5, and over $25 reduces the price by 5%.

I think it's on the associate tab on their computers if the employee can't locate it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't that Pledge at one time include all mispriced items? I remember a number of CAGs getting x

[quote name='Kovorkian']These were 55- each at my local sears[/QUOTE]

Im shocked to hear that people found xbox 360 slim 250gb harddrives.
My area RTV it out months ago. I got 2 for $30 total before tax.

I also saw a table of 50% off, but it's not automatic. A manager has to approve it. Everyone here keeps talking about 75% on consoles, but I think the CAG misunderstood what was hear. I think the Sears employees were talking about video games and accessories. Why would they sell it for 75% off when other retailers still sell at full price.

Anyway, I found nothing good, but a psp 3000 bundle with madden 12 and need for speed with 2gb memory stick for 50% off. I would prefer the Kmart stuff, but none in the DC/MD/Va area. Still, not a bad deal for a bundle, but I dont like the glossy. Anyone know of a good site for accessories like face plates or skins?

Well I got around to checking that PSP3000 bundle again (if anyone else gives a fuck), and it did ring up the correct $149.99, despite being in the big old wire clearance cage. Perhaps next month, perhaps...

I also did scan a few other items I saw, nothing spectacular, but I did see a :ps3: Eye camera for $5, FWIW.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Well I got around to checking that PSP3000 bundle again (if anyone else gives a fuck), and it did ring up the correct $149.99, despite being in the big old wire clearance cage. Perhaps next month, perhaps...

I also did scan a few other items I saw, nothing spectacular, but I did see a :ps3: Eye camera for $5, FWIW.[/QUOTE]

What Sears location you are talking about?

[quote name='The Punisher']What Sears location you are talking about?[/QUOTE]
Chandler Fashion Center mall in AZ. The place is a mess right now since they are moving the electronics department around, so the video game stuff seems to be in like 5 different places. Fun if you have the time to sort it out, not so great when you are looking for something in particular.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Went to one of the Sears I frequency yesterday, got two good things, saw many other potentials, but I'm sure this is YMMV sort of thing:
This Sears was going through a remodel of sorts, where they moved around their TVs to a different, more visible location. This was exactly where the video games used to be, and at first I panicked when I didn't see the games. I found them back in a corner now, though the whole place was a mess I'm sure its not its final location. Hopefully they will still keep carrying video games, as I can consistently find good deals as this location. If they do clear out I hope I have a chance to get in on any blowout sales, they still have tons of games.

:wii: Classic Controller Pro White - $6.00
:wii: Guitar Hero: World Tour with Guitar - $10.00

I also happened to see a PSP 3000 Karate Bundle tagged at $149.99, though it was in the wire cage so I couldn't scan it for myself. The sole employee in electronics insisted that was the right price (which I'm certain it's not), and wouldn't take it out for me unless I bought it. Anyone else seen these in the past and can get me an idea of its price (or at least a UPC so I can create a scan bar)? I might just go ahead and buy it to return it later if it is the $149.99 price, I'd be stoked if it was anything under $80 at this point.[/QUOTE]

I too saw this bundle and it scans for $149.99, but at my sears it was with the 50% off table. YMMV since every sears is different and it depends on the store manager to do these kind of sales. I would have got it, but it was open and missing the games, memory stick, and battery. The employee told me that it was pulled from the back stock lock cage. It's funny how Sears tell customers they dont have this stuff and check the back and months later it shows up.

[quote name='The Punisher']I too saw this bundle and it scans for $149.99, but at my sears it was with the 50% off table. YMMV since every sears is different and it depends on the store manager to do these kind of sales. I would have got it, but it was open and missing the games, memory stick, and battery. The employee told me that it was pulled from the back stock lock cage. It's funny how Sears tell customers they dont have this stuff and check the back and months later it shows up.[/QUOTE]
More than likely this unit will show up under manager's special sooner or later, hopefully I'll get a chance to see it before it goes. This one looked brand new with everything intact, so it won't last long if its priced well enough.

The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

3DS systems: $20-30
DSi XL systems: $15-20
DSi systems: $20
Many $0.97 games: COD: MW3, NSMB Wii, Zelda: Skyward, Zelda: Ocarina, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman: AC....
Wiimote with Motion Plus: $2

There was some stuff left after I was done, but a few co-workers were headed in, so who knows now.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.

Wow, I'm almost tempted to leave right now to go there (it's about a 45 minute drive according to MapQuest) but I figure by the time I get there, nothing will be left.

[quote name='danrowcotsky']The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

Many $0.97 games: COD: MW3, NSMB Wii, Zelda: Skyward, Zelda: Ocarina, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman: AC....

There was some stuff left after I was done, but a few co-workers were headed in, so who knows now.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is ridiculous! Sucks that at my local Sears everything still is MSRP. :cry:

[quote name='gnatforeva']Your first mistake, calling.

Your second mistake, believing that a Sears employee actually knows what promotions are going on when. They've had the 50% off all clearance games at my local sears in the past, and even some of the games themselves were stickered and the employee still didn't know about the promotion until I pointed it out.[/QUOTE]
LOL, good points. I'll go check again and see for myself.

[quote name='danrowcotsky']The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]Holy balls, that is a crazy find.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]
:shock::shock::shock::shock::drool::drool::drool: :drool:

I would go absolute El Hoardo on a sale like that. Although one of the employees here said their manager has stated if they do another blowout sale like the one above that it would be one per item per customer, which to me is absolutely fair.

But unless I check that store every damn day to see if they started such a sale again, I'll have to rely on my fellow local CAG's to give me a heads up on it and/or grab me some shit that I can then pay em back for.:cry:

Suffice to say, I don't think I'd be able to get in on the deal because of that.:lol:

bread's done
Back