Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Well, I got a clerk to pricecheck a few games for me...

COD MW2 $19.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 $29.99
Homefront $14.99
EA MMA $12.00

Really, nothing ridiculously cheap. After those 4, I stopped there.. did buy Homefront, however. Seems as though every electronics employee is in the dark about future clearances. Give it a month or so and all of those games will be shipped over to KMART IMO.

Definately would be in for a 50% aprice ps3, and a 20-30 3ds, but my sears, doesnt carry te purple one >.> oh, well I could definately settle for red at that price

[quote name='fearMr.Met']all good bro. I need to make a trip over there anyway today for a new car battery, so at least I'll have something to do while I wait. It does sound YMMV, but who knows. I was satisfied with the $14.98 ME2 Tag but an additional 33% I'll take... Ha maybe I'll get lucky and Sears Auto will have a few markdowns also.[/QUOTE]

Let us pray...

Looks like my store just got hit by the mythical El Hoardo. Oddly enough, all he picked up were my PSP Go's (all marked at $149.97) and every different Pokemon title (none were priced below $24.97). I'm sure he's going to take them to another store that has a lower clearance point to get them price adjusted.

[quote name='lude21']Funny how all the noobs can't believe these prices. It's just because their not used to getting these deals. I grabbed 2 dsi's last week for $25.93 each.[/QUOTE]

I've seen dsi's go for 20-30 on a few occasions, so that's nothing new and I couldn't care less if I saw them again. They're old. I was specifically referring to 3ds's for 20-30. Nope, haven't seen those, nor heard of them till yesterday. I'll check these pages and keep an eye out at Sears but I don't expect to find any around here. Sears can just send all their 3ds's to Kmart to go for full price if they want to clear floor space in electronics for tablets.

Picked up Skyrim (360) for $9.99 at my local Sears (Quackerbridge Mall Princeton, NJ). All games were on clearance. Onl thing left were 2 copies of Tony Hawk Shred something for $14.99 and one copy of Skyrim. Everything else was picked clean. Who leaves a copy of Skyrim??? Score for me I guess.

Two employees said the hardware would NOT go on clearance here. We'll see.....

Anyone have a sense whether Sears would allow a purchase now then a return/rebuy when/if a console goes on clearance? Or would there be some weird no return policy if anything goes on clearance regardless if you've bought it at regular price?

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']
Two employees said the hardware would NOT go on clearance here. We'll see.....

Anyone have a sense whether Sears would allow a purchase now then a return/rebuy when/if a console goes on clearance? Or would there be some weird no return policy if anything goes on clearance regardless if you've bought it at regular price?[/QUOTE]

Consoles can and will go on clearance.

Nothing in Sears' price policies prohibits you from doing that. The only thing is that employees have to wait 24 hours after a price drop before they can purchase it.

I hit a mother load today
I picked up:
Xbox 360 4gb kinect bundle $145.xx
Flame red 3DS $80
Ps3 motion controller 10
Ps3 navi controller 6.25
360 wireless head set 7
Skyrim ps3 16
Black ops 10
Uncharted 3 10
New super mario ds 9
Uncharted abyss 10
ps3 motion bundles with champions sports $20
Ps3 motion bundle with medieval moves $25
Modnation vita $5

Very surprised to see all this.. I have been patiently waiting

Look at this
Price Protection Policy
Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.
To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form.. You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and conditional Online Only Special Offers do not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.

[quote name='mitemouse']I hit a mother load today
I picked up:
Flame red 3DS $80
Ps3 motion controller 10
Ps3 navi controller 6.25
360 wireless head set 7
Skyrim ps3 16
Black ops 10
Uncharted 3 10
New super mario ds 9
Uncharted abyss 10
Modnation vita $5

Very surprised to see all this.. I have been patiently waiting[/QUOTE]
What store?

[quote name='mitemouse']I hit a mother load today
I picked up:
Flame red 3DS $80
Ps3 motion controller 10
Ps3 navi controller 6.25
360 wireless head set 7
Skyrim ps3 16
Black ops 10
Uncharted 3 10
New super mario ds 9
Uncharted abyss 10
Modnation vita $5

Very surprised to see all this.. I have been patiently waiting[/QUOTE]

Definitely a local case. I spent a good 20 minutes scanning most of the popular items on here and haven't seen any surprises aside from Uncharted 3 finally dropping to $19.99.

Anyone know if Sears has in store price checkers? I can't recall ever seeing them and I hate to bring stacks of games to employees to scan. I might just have to muster up the courage though haha.

[quote name='MHRX']Anyone know if Sears has in store price checkers? I can't recall ever seeing them and I hate to bring stacks of games to employees to scan. I might just have to muster up the courage though haha.[/QUOTE]

I know none of the 4 near here ever had them. Always had to find the cluster of employees and force one to scan stuff for me.

Goddamn. I went to the Sears quoted above to see a dude walking out with like 15 Skylander bundles. Asked the cashier what he paid for them and he said $2 each.

I got 2 copies of Dance Central 2 for 97 cents, which was the last of the scraps. Nothing else was left besides clearance stuff that didn't drop.

I missed a big clearance. The employee said the consoles (xbox 360) were 50 percent off. Tons of video games and accersories. They have a bin with leftovers. Nothing good though. They still the ps3, he told me they are going on clearance soon.

Just visited a Sears in Madison, Wis. and was told that all games in the clearance bin are now $4.97. :)

The prices went live last night but they don't have a sign out yet. I was able to pick up a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn, which I've wanted for ages, but haven't been able to find.

Other titles I saw were LA Noire, Vanquish, LeBlob, Super Punch-Out, and quite a few others.

Score!

[quote name='MHRX']Anyone know if Sears has in store price checkers? I can't recall ever seeing them and I hate to bring stacks of games to employees to scan. I might just have to muster up the courage though haha.[/QUOTE]
All three of the Sears I check in AZ have the in store price checkers, but there are usually only two or three for the whole store. You may have to go to the hardware, children's clothing department, etc. to find them. All my stores have a sign hanging above them for the price checker.

Also what has been referenced to me before in this thread (but not in some time) is to create a UPC print out sheet for all the games / hardware you have been eyeing (spoiler to show how to do this).
First, go to half.com and type in the game that you are interested in, they are usually pretty good about listing the UPC codes. Then go to upcdatabase.com, click on the link on the left hand column called 'Look Up'. Copy and paste the UPC there to generate a barcode, and save all the images to a word processing document. I usually use some simple abbreviations next to the UPCs so I can identify them. Print out the sheet and you are good to go.

You can use this trick to also check for games that have been sold out at certain stores, but they still have the last clearance price in their system. Good if you want to buy at another store and do the return / rebuy strategy (use at your own discretion, however).
Makes you look a lot less suspicious instead of carrying 20+ games halfway across the store...

The price checkers are usually located near a register, there might not be any near electronics so you may have to walk to the clothing sections. There is usually one stashed away in housewares though, which might be closer to electronics than the ones in clothing.

[quote name='Byakurai']Looks like my store just got hit by the mythical El Hoardo. Oddly enough, all he picked up were my PSP Go's (all marked at $149.97) and every different Pokemon title (none were priced below $24.97). I'm sure he's going to take them to another store that has a lower clearance point to get them price adjusted.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Luckily for me I didn't have to go through that hassle. Besides which, my only other Sears around here had the pearl white ones I picked up for $50 each at one store still listed as MSRP($199.99) in the system at my closer store.

What's funny is that I grabbed four of em and sold one on Amazon for enough to cover the other three. But I noticed the person ringing me out had scanned the UPC barcode in place of the serial # on 3 out of 4 of them.

So after I got paid from Amazon for that one I sold, I went back in to get that corrected. I didn't realize till a month later though that the chick working electronics had returned all four Go's on the receipt(including the one I sold) and had only re-rung THREE of them. The one she missed was the one I sold.

I went back after noticing that mistake on her part and the person working there couldn't care less to actually fix that mistake. So in the end I got a free Go.;)

Oh and just going by some of the posts on this thread since this afternoon, I can kinda tell who here is also registered on SD cuz there's some familiar stories in here.:razz:

75% off at one near me. Game selection was weak but I did grab a 250gb hard drive for the fat 360 which I will take apart and put in a slim I have, a PS3 chat pad and a Wii Wheel for about $35.

Im at the Rockaway Plaza Mall im NJ right now and see clearance baloons all over, but nothing seems out of the ordinary besides a 360 tower to hold games, controllers, and a guitar for $7. Thing is though, I see no consoles anywhere, so Im wondering if its been horded already. The employee is a 60 year old crank ass that was stalking me and my son while we were looking, so I didn't even bother to ask.

Saw 75% off bin for once. Practically empty though sans a Battlefield 3 for 360 for 39.99. Think they need to apply it first to work. Lol.

As for other clearance, still the same for the past few months.

Any reason to go tomorrow? I keep hearing about great game finds. I would rather pay a little extra than stress about Friday morning. *gets the feeling he is alone in tomorrows hunt*

[quote name='Cocojames333']Any reason to go tomorrow? I keep hearing about great game finds. I would rather pay a little extra than stress about Friday morning. *gets the feeling he is alone in tomorrows hunt*[/QUOTE]

I may go to Phila tomorrow and on the way back check out the sears.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:Luckily for me I didn't have to go through that hassle. Besides which, my only other Sears around here had the pearl white ones I picked up for $50 each at one store still listed as MSRP($199.99) in the system at my closer store.
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking my location might be a little stingy. I was finally able to get a clearance bin in place at my store for 50% off clearance, but only on select items out of my VOM (very old merchandise list). Black (not pearl) psp go's at $99.97, hannah montana psp bundle for $129.97, kinect bundle (first one before they added child of eden) for $149.97, and a number of bad games all for $4.97-24.97 each before the 50% off. Realistically nothing I wanted to get, either for my personal collection or to put forth the hassle of flipping.

After a week, the PSP's, most of the games, and one of the kinects were gone and the rest we put aside to try and get a little credit back from our vendors. Since my electronics manager is on vacation for a week or so, I have no idea when/if this magical clearance event will take place on Friday. If it does, I'm definitely getting Layton and a few other games that I've had my eyes on. Everything else is fair game for CAG's (doubly so if they buy them from me so I can get commission :D)

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']All three of the Sears I check in AZ have the in store price checkers, but there are usually only two or three for the whole store. You may have to go to the hardware, children's clothing department, etc. to find them. All my stores have a sign hanging above them for the price checker.

Also what has been referenced to me before in this thread (but not in some time) is to create a UPC print out sheet for all the games / hardware you have been eyeing (spoiler to show how to do this).
First, go to half.com and type in the game that you are interested in, they are usually pretty good about listing the UPC codes. Then go to upcdatabase.com, click on the link on the left hand column called 'Look Up'. Copy and paste the UPC there to generate a barcode, and save all the images to a word processing document. I usually use some simple abbreviations next to the UPCs so I can identify them. Print out the sheet and you are good to go.

You can use this trick to also check for games that have been sold out at certain stores, but they still have the last clearance price in their system. Good if you want to buy at another store and do the return / rebuy strategy (use at your own discretion, however).
Makes you look a lot less suspicious instead of carrying 20+ games halfway across the store...[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info

i went to mine yesterday, no % just had a XBL starter kit for $41 just it was marked as "used" and their clearance sucked had like MLB2k10 for $22 and i even price scanned it because i thought it had to be a mistake and it was correct

Apparently my store is holding their clearance event on 09/07, which corresponds to the first Friday of the month Sears is known for.

I've never had any reason to go to Sears extra early on a Friday markdown. Do the nationwide markdowns happen automatically at open, or do the employees have to manually adjust them at some point in the day?

[quote name='Byakurai']I'm thinking my location might be a little stingy. I was finally able to get a clearance bin in place at my store for 50% off clearance, but only on select items out of my VOM (very old merchandise list). Black (not pearl) psp go's at $99.97, hannah montana psp bundle for $129.97, kinect bundle (first one before they added child of eden) for $149.97, and a number of bad games all for $4.97-24.97 each before the 50% off. Realistically nothing I wanted to get, either for my personal collection or to put forth the hassle of flipping.

After a week, the PSP's, most of the games, and one of the kinects were gone and the rest we put aside to try and get a little credit back from our vendors. Since my electronics manager is on vacation for a week or so, I have no idea when/if this magical clearance event will take place on Friday. If it does, I'm definitely getting Layton and a few other games that I've had my eyes on. Everything else is fair game for CAG's (doubly so if they buy them from me so I can get commission :D)[/QUOTE]
The black PSP Go here sold out a while ago at $99.97 or at least I think it was still at $100 when it sold since it was really low in the case even though it was clearly marked.

But that manager sounds like the ones here, who absolutely refuse to drop anything to really cheap prices anymore. It's one thing if stuff was moving at 10-20% off, but to let it languish on the shelves for months without dropping it just because you can is asinine.

I really miss the days of universal Sears and Kmart clearances, though if this blowout turns out to be true then I'll only have Kmart for clearance here since TRU and Target both suck balls and get cleaned out when there is a decent discount. Although I'm really hoping that Best Buy also survives somehow since their @Gamer coupons stacking with sale prices have increased my game collection at least two fold.;)

Just got back from the Sears at Windward Mall on Oahu. No major clearance sales. There's a bin of discounted Wii games, but the deals are nothing major. Some PS3 and 360 games are marked down, but not by much, and no difference from recent weeks. Consoles are the normal price.

I might try again next week. We in Hawaii move at a slower and more laid back pace than you Mainlanders, so maybe the Sears stores haven't caught up yet.

[quote name='Scoutisabelle']Just got back from the Sears at Windward Mall on Oahu. No major clearance sales. There's a bin of discounted Wii games, but the deals are nothing major. Some PS3 and 360 games are marked down, but not by much, and no difference from recent weeks. Consoles are the normal price.

I might try again next week. We in Hawaii move at a slower and more laid back pace than you Mainlanders, so maybe the Sears stores haven't caught up yet.[/QUOTE]

Are you Hawaiian? And if can you pm me. I have to ask you some questions about the ladies there..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The black PSP Go here sold out a while ago at $99.97 or at least I think it was still at $100 when it sold since it was really low in the case even though it was clearly marked.[/QUOTE]

You insult me at my daughter's wedding with your silence..

[quote name='lude21']Funny how all the noobs can't believe these prices. It's just because their not used to getting these deals. I grabbed 2 dsi's last week for $25.93 each.[/QUOTE]
:applause: If only some of them were here in 2005-2006 like me. They would think these deals are kinda meh. As for my predictions:

IF this sale/blowout does happen, the percentages will be all over the fuckin' place due to managers' discretion. Few good deals will be had, save for by a select few whose store/dept managers actually know what the fuckin' word clearance means(hint: it doesn't mean $5 off MSRP, asshole.).

A lot of griping/whining(see: this rant:razz:) will ensue and this thread will derail into 30 pages of people complaining about flippers/El Hoardo, stuff being sold out and anything else they happen to want to blame on someone other than themselves.

The End

[quote name='superhippy1986']Are you Hawaiian? And if can you pm me. I have to ask you some questions about the ladies there..
.[/QUOTE]

WTF !!!

Yes they love you long time. You and the guy who left the "99.9% of asian chicks are cute" should swap stories.

Asian chicks are cute or at least some of them, but old Asian women.....

If they've lived a really hard life they look like the Crypt Keeper from Tales From The Crypt.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Asian chicks are cute or at least some of them, but old Asian women.....

If they've lived a really hard life they look like the Crypt Keeper from Tales From The Crypt.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Commencing OT derail.
What do you think the old ladies look like up around Scranton?

[quote name='Kolgar']Just visited a Sears in Madison, Wis. and was told that all games in the clearance bin are now $4.97. :)

The prices went live last night but they don't have a sign out yet. I was able to pick up a copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn, which I've wanted for ages, but haven't been able to find.

Other titles I saw were LA Noire, Vanquish, LeBlob, Super Punch-Out, and quite a few others.

Score![/QUOTE]
I was there also and now I'm kicking myself for not checking the prices on the clearance bin.:cry::cry:

[quote name='Hypermobius']I was there also and now I'm kicking myself for not checking the prices on the clearance bin.:cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Who does that?

[quote name='V Gundam']Commencing OT derail.
What do you think the old ladies look like up around Scranton?[/QUOTE]
Scranton? What is this Scranton you speak of? :D;) I'm from 'da middle of fuckin' nowhere' or at least that's what I'd like everyone else on here to think.

But as for the old ladies here, the wrinkles give ya something to grab onto during sex.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Scranton? What is this Scranton you speak of? :D;) I'm from 'da middle of fuckin' nowhere' or at least that's what I'd like everyone else on here to think.

But as for the old ladies here, the wrinkles give ya something to grab onto during sex.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Especially if you have a romp in Dickson City!

Nothing interesting in my northeast ohio store. Same miserable wii shovelware and overpriced PSP games in the clearance bin. They had a sign for half of the clearance prices but the clearance prices were ridiculous. Everything else was business as usual.

I had an employee scan a few to confirm. Had to interrupt her conversation with another employee, how rude of me.

Edit: I did find some clearance shirts for about $10 a piece. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juubei1i']Nothing interesting in my northeast ohio store. Same miserable wii shovelware and overpriced PSP games in the clearance bin. They had a sign for half of the clearance prices but the clearance prices were ridiculous. Everything else was business as usual.

I had an employee scan a few to confirm. Had to interrupt her conversation with another employee, how rude of me.

Edit: I did find some clearance shirts for about $10 a piece. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

I'll do you one better. I found some dress shirts(button ups) for $1.00. Premium ones at that, and 10 pairs of jeans for $1.00 each.

Any luck in California guys??? Im hitting like 5 sears tomorrow to check the deals out. Luckily I drive for a living so I will sure run into 3 stores atleast......

[quote name='ricoraney']I'll do you one better. I found some dress shirts(button ups) for $1.00. Premium ones at that, and 10 pairs of jeans for $1.00 each.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Any special area or just in men's clothing?

LA/OC Guy. Whack. I didn't find any $20-$70 PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii, PSP, etc. nor $5 below PS3/Wii/360/DS games. All ring up full price or their usually clearance price.

Just wasted $40 of gas through 5 sears but I was able to grab a few items below.

PS3 Eye Camera for $1.00
Wii Wireless Sensor for $2.97
3x Coby 7" Digital Photo Picture Frame $4.97 each
2x Kodak 7" Digital Photo Picture Frame $9.97 each
2x Canon PowerShot Digital 16MP Camera a3300 IS for $9.97 each

I also saw an Asus Netbook Eee PC 10" for $70 but I passed on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postaboy']LA/OC Guy. Whack. I didn't find any $20-$70 PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii, PSP, etc. nor $5 below PS3/Wii/360/DS games. All ring up full price or their usually clearance price.

Just wasted $40 of gas through 5 sears but I was able to grab a few items below.

PS3 Eye Camera for $1.00
Wii Wireless Sensor for $2.97
3x Coby 7" Digital Photo Picture Frame $4.97 each
2x Kodak 7" Digital Photo Picture Frame $9.97 each
2x Canon PowerShot Digital 16MP Camera a3300 IS for $9.97 each

I also saw an Asus Netbook Eee PC 10" for $70 but I passed on it.[/QUOTE]

Wow nice job on the cameras. I'd so be all over one of those.

bread's done
Back