Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Buckland Hills, Manchester, CT

Picked up Dues Ex for $4.99 and LA Noire (standard) for $9.99.

Saw amongst others:
WWE All Stars $9.99
Wheel of Fortune DS $4.99
Street Fighter 3DS $9.99
LEGO Pirates $14.99 (Star Wars 3 still $30)
Rage $9.99

There were a few other $10 and $15 games that don't come immediately to mind. I'm assuming there are a lot of others as well, but I only scanned the ones I was considering. A lot of them has September tags with higher price points.

New Super Mario 2 was on the clearance rack but rang up at regular price.

Got some nice stuff. Got:

Portal 2 PS3 $9.97
Fable 3 Xbox 360 $4.97
MGS Peace Walker PSP $4.97
Perfect Dark Zero Xbox 360 $1.97
Patapon 2 PSP $.97

A Sears I usually go to had copies of Brawl and Donkey Kong, but they were gone when I got there today. No surprise.

Price drops weren't in effect in my most stocked store. Still, got a couple of games. Went to another store and picked up RE for 3DS. Sears is sad, sad, so very sad, in my area.

Everyone seems to be finding cheap PSP games. All of the ones at my local store were still labeled at $10 or higher including some of the ones others have listed. Time to hit the scanners.

My store needs to put out a 75% off table and just end it. Get rid of the remaining mediocre titles and just move on. They're not helping anyone by just leaving the same 10-12 titles in the wire bin month after month at the same price.

They must not be hurting for floor space like some of the other stores who've already moved on to stocking laptops.

I hope there wasnt a bunch of games that were cheap that just didnt get price changed... >_>

Oh yeah, they did have a used DsiXL for $71+tax at my local one

I was in the local Sears here last week and they still had all three glass cases full of games. I just went over there to see if they had any of the $10 games and all the video games were gone. :cry: All they had left was a little bin with nothing really great marked for 50% off. I did manage to find Mario & Luigi BIS. This sucks I really wanted Brawl, DCKR and Mario Galaxy 2 which I know were all there just a few days ago.

[quote name='Namerson']
The only game I really wanted was Pokemon Soul Silver or Heart Gold. The only copy I found was Soul Silver and it had a really messed up box so after checking inside the poke accessory was still there but someone stole the game, typical.[/QUOTE]

Well I managed to buy a completely sealed :ps3: Dark Souls and inside was a blank dvd. They better not hassle me about the return since I was horribly disappointed and frustrated thinking I got a great deal.

Picked up:
Call of Duty Black Ops (ps3 and 360) for 9.97 a piece (gamestop powerup rewards trade in value is $25.50 right now)
Portal 2 ps3 9.97
Mario Party DS 9.97
Dead Space ps3 9.97

Saw:
Batman Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 29.99

Found

$9.97 Call of Duty Black Ops:ps3:
$9.97 NHL 12 :ps3::360:
$9.97 Tiger Woods 12:ps3:
$9.97 Uncharted Double Pack:ps3:
$9.97 Portal 2:ps3:
$9.97 Donkey Kong Returns :wii:
$2.97 Jeopardy :wii:
$9.97 NCAA 12:ps3::360:
$9.97 Mortal Kombat:360:

[quote name='goodnight144']Picked up:
Call of Duty Black Ops (ps3 and 360) for 9.97 a piece (gamestop powerup rewards trade in value is $25.50 right now)
[/QUOTE]

I thought only the 360 version was netting that much? If the PS3 one is...that's awesome!

[quote name='lostdecoy']I thought only the 360 version was netting that much? If the PS3 one is...that's awesome![/QUOTE]

It is only the 360.

got manager to over ride the price of Halo Reach with bonus spartan recon helmet ($29.99) to the regular Halo Reach ($9.99). walked out the door with two different sku's of Halo Reach for $20.94.

I saw :ps3:Deus Ex and :pc:Portal 2 for $5 and $3 respectively at the next closest Sears to me today. All of the burgunday DSi XL's that were there a month ago for $110 or so were all gone. They only had a handful of systems left and had moved the one remaining game case out to the front part of electronics.

They had the clearance games in a different section off on a shelf by themselves and the game system accessories they had left in another aisle.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I saw 2 different copies of Halo Reach at Sears. Be sure it does NOT have the sign on the bottom, front cover that says it includes some kind of bonus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out. My Sears had 5 copies. Two with no bonus and as you mentioned those rang up at $9.97.

Didn't realize there were two versions of Halo: Reach. Had an employee scan one (they were locked) and it rang up at $29.97. I'll head back and look for the other version.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I saw :ps3:Deus Ex and :pc:Portal 2 for $5 and $3 respectively at the next closest Sears to me today. All of the burgunday DSi XL's that were there a month ago for $110 or so were all gone. They only had a handful of systems left and had moved the one remaining game case out to the front part of electronics.

They had the clearance games in a different section off on a shelf by themselves and the game system accessories they had left in another aisle.[/QUOTE]

My store! Shoo!

Came to post about Portal. Also, the dsi xl's disappeared two weeks ago, they never dropped from $120. Something about a 'do not sell' pull.

Niagara Falls BLVD store in Buffalo, NY did a 75% off ALL clearance games. Luckily a buddy of mine who is an employee told me about the sale via text so I got first dibs. Got some great stuff. Some shovelware but when its $1-2 why not

ps3 - 2x PSMove 2 Game/move Bundle - $24.99 (99.99 before)
ps3 - 2x Fear 3 $3.75
ps3 - 2x Battlefield 3 $7.50
ps3 - Portal 2 - $5.00

360 - 2x Black Ops $2.50
360 - Fear 3 $3.75
360 - 2x Lego Pirates $2.50

Wii - Band Hero $0.75
Wii - Go Play $1.25
Wii - Lego Pirates $1.25
Wii - ZELDA Skyward Sword $7.50
Wii - 2x Metroid Prime 3 $5.00
Wii - 3x Modern Warfare 3 $1.25

DS - Petz Tigerz $0.75
3DS - Zelda Ocarina of Time $7.50
3DS - 2x Pokemon Rumble Blast $7.50

Bunch of PS2 kids games $0.25-0.75

Also a bunch of PSP games for $2.50-$4 like Assassins Creed Bloodlines etc

Picked up:
:3ds: Rayman 3D $4.97
:ps3: Blur $4.97
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $9.97
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $9.97

Had all the other games scanned except for :360: and none of the others were at good prices.

[quote name='Romeo']My store! Shoo!

Came to post about Portal. Also, the dsi xl's disappeared two weeks ago, they never dropped from $120. Something about a 'do not sell' pull.[/QUOTE]
Any store within driving distance of me is one of my stores.:razz::booty: So that one, my local and at least as far away as Stroudsburg are all considered 'my local Sears' to me. :evil:

So I guess the Uncharted Dual Pack they had about a month ago sold out before it hit the $10 price some have reported?

By the way, the Pittston Kmart was completely sold out of the PS EYE's and chatpads for PS3, but they still had a LBP GOTY w/ Sackboy plush stuffed in the case and marked $29.99.

I didn't even bother hitting the WB or Edwardsville Kmarts cuz I know they're barren for the most part.;)

[quote name='coopscohen']Thanks for pointing this out. My Sears had 5 copies. Two with no bonus and as you mentioned those rang up at $9.97.[/QUOTE]

YW!

[quote name='Tax']Didn't realize there were two versions of Halo: Reach. Had an employee scan one (they were locked) and it rang up at $29.97. I'll head back and look for the other version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Black Ops was behind glass, but I knew it'd be $10. Good place to check for these deals!

[quote name='xDerekRx']Niagara Falls BLVD store in Buffalo, NY did a 75% off ALL clearance games. Luckily a buddy of mine who is an employee told me about the sale via text so I got first dibs. Got some great stuff. Some shovelware but when its $1-2 why not

ps3 - 2x Fear 3 $3.75
ps3 - Portal 2 - $5.00

360 - 2x Black Ops $2.50
360 - Fear 3 $3.75

Wii - Band Hero $0.75
Wii - Go Play $1.25
Wii - Lego Pirates $1.25

DS - Petz Tigerz $0.75

Also a bunch of PSP games for $2.50-$4 like Assassins Creed Bloodlines etc[/QUOTE]

WOWZIZ!:hot:

Hmmm... I may look up some more Sears locations!

I have a "Sears Outlet Store" sort of near my house. Do these outlet stores usually carry games?

Today at I normal sears I bought:

Pokemon Black $9.97 x2
Splinter Cell 3D $4.97
Madden 12 ps3 - $3.97 I think?

I'm jealous of you guys with 75% off sales, but I'm also very very thankful for what I managed to find. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xDerekRx']Niagara Falls BLVD store in Buffalo, NY did a 75% off ALL clearance games. Luckily a buddy of mine who is an employee told me about the sale via text so I got first dibs. Got some great stuff. Some shovelware but when its $1-2 why not

ps3 - 2x Fear 3 $3.75
ps3 - Portal 2 - $5.00

360 - 2x Black Ops $2.50
360 - Fear 3 $3.75

Wii - Band Hero $0.75
Wii - Go Play $1.25
Wii - Lego Pirates $1.25

DS - Petz Tigerz $0.75

Also a bunch of PSP games for $2.50-$4 like Assassins Creed Bloodlines etc[/QUOTE]

Damn! What a sale. I doubt they have anything left at this point. I'm definitely checking out Sears after work tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Madden 13 for $4? Damn. That's this years' game, right?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was Madden 12 ps3. I'm really really tired. I honestly don't think the Sears employee even rang this game up correctly. I don't see it on my receipt.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn! What a sale. I doubt they have anything left at this point. I'm definitely checking out Sears after work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much at that Sears about 5-10 clearance games left. Before the sale started probably 100.

Not sure if youre in the Buffalo area but I went to Walden, Eastern Hills and McKinley and found nothing. I was hoping to find another 50-75% off sale but it looks like it was only at the Blvd location.

Also forgot to put grabbed:

360 - LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50

Anyone happen to see a Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary and catch the price? I saw my store had 2 in a glass case but had to get back to work so I didn't get a chance to ask the employee to check?

[quote name='coopscohen']Anyone happen to see a Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary and catch the price? I saw my store had 2 in a glass case but had to get back to work so I didn't get a chance to ask the employee to check?[/QUOTE]

It was 19.97 at my stores

Wow, lots of great finds fellow CAGs! I'm definitely going to have to hit up some of my local Sears stores to see what I can find too!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I have a "Sears Outlet Store" sort of near my house. Do these outlet stores usually carry games?
.[/QUOTE]

I checked one out before and an employee told me they have never seen any video games for sale in there. It is mainly appliances.

Has anyone seen Halo 3 clearance? My store has like 10 original label copies behind the glass. They are out of Halo Reach though lol.

I had the employee dude price check one of the 39.99 Wii Play Motion w/ Remote bundles. It rang up as 9.97. "Whoa. That's a CRAZY deal..." he said. I then said "Can I have the other one too?" and made him scurry over to grab that. I felt like perhaps he was interested in one of these l'il discounted remotes. But I had no mercy. I took both.

Thanks for the heads up, all of you CAGs.

Also some ink cartridges for $8.

No go on the Halo: Reach. My Sears had four, but all had the bonus box on the front. However, it scanned for 24.97 when it was 29.97 last time, so that's a plus.

On a positive note, I did manage to snag a Donkey Kong Country Returns. Apparently, I missed it the last few times.

Scavenged a few of the stores after the bigger games have gone, managed to pick up :pc: Portal 2 for $2.97 to add to my earlier pick up, nothing else new to add though.

I will say that the three stores I checked in my Phoenix / East Valley area were all up to date with this round of clearance drops, and had the newest tags updated within a day or two of the drop. I'm used to seeing games in September that have March tags at these stores, so I'm assuming there is a big push from corporate to clear these games out asap in most (if not all stores), which would account for the speedily updated tags.

I can only surmise (hope) that we see another significant drop in November, though for me I'll have to be sure to catch the day one sale, otherwise I'll miss out on the top tier selections.

Phoenix PV mall store has been cleared out, clerk said a guy took 40 copies of the games that were in the glass case

Phoenix Thomas also cleared out.

The clerk said their store was officially getting rid of games but not consoles.

[quote name='xDerekRx']

Were one of these games Secret Agent Clank? I've been looking for a sealed black label copy.

Damn, flipping these games to GS is a real money maker right now. Just doubled my money easily using Donkey Kong, Reach, Mortal Kombat & Portal

Sucks that my Sears has been cleared out for a while(Like I think they shipped it all back). Last I was there it was only like MW3 and a couple of other big names still full price.

picked up

wheel of fortune and jep for 4.97 probally dump them here

mario party ds 9.99 keeping

Star fox 3ds 9.99 probally going to try to trade it here or ebay

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Were one of these games Secret Agent Clank? I've been looking for a sealed black label copy.[/QUOTE]

Actually a couple were the newer Ratchet and Clank

However the funny thing is, 2 years ago Sears clearanced out Secret Agent Clank for .97 cents. I bought a few. I still have them sealed. Black label. If you need we can probably work out a trade.

Went back to Sears in Niagara Falls (Willams Rd)

Got a couple good things

PS3 - Uncharted 1/2 Dual Pack - $9.97
PS3 - 2x Deus Ex Human Revolution - $4.97

I should also add that this store didnt have the 75% off like the one I mentioned on the last page. So these prices should be same at most sears across the nation.

UGH! Don't feel like heading out to find another Sears right now, but I want that Uncharted Dual Pack, Portal 2, Blur, and some others! Hmmm.....:whistle2:k

bread's done
Back