Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but SCAN EVERYTHING.

I went to my local store and saw things with October tags that were much higher than what was posted here. Needless to say I was rather disappointed, so I figured I'd scan something for the hell of it. Found Mario Sports Mix with "Reduced: Oct 39.97". Scanned it:

$9.97

Scan your stuff people.

Yeah, I was leaving to get after getting my glasses and just happened to noticed a Wii Motion Plus and Mario Kart Wii for 9.97 each. Figured id go look to see if they had any games, and found Infamous 2 for 9.97 and Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii for 9.97.

Not bad, went want to game stop, traded in Mario Kart and MW3 for the 2 for 40, Infamous 2 for about 15, and Wii Motion for 7.70. Kept the remote since my others arent motion plus.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Actually a couple were the newer Ratchet and Clank

However the funny thing is, 2 years ago Sears clearanced out Secret Agent Clank for .97 cents. I bought a few. I still have them sealed. Black label. If you need we can probably work out a trade.[/QUOTE]

mine still has it at $12 ps2 version

When someone scans the game, do they appear in the system? I found Portal 2 PS3 for $4 yesterday, and they said the game didn't appear in the system. So, they said "Sorry, we can't see you this game."

[quote name='Bankotsu']When someone scans the game, do they appear in the system? I found Portal 2 PS3 for $4 yesterday, and they said the game didn't appear in the system. So, they said "Sorry, we can't see you this game."[/QUOTE]

Did you scan it under the self check first? Is that what youre saying?

If it shows up with no price at the register they are "supposed" to return it to the vendor. But in all seriousness 99% of the time I convince a manger to sell it to me for the last clearance price or whatever the sticker last read. However if they say no its hard to force them into it.

Nah, I meant if I just walk up to a cashier and hand them the game. They scan it, and it doesn't show up. He was confused that it didn't come up so we walked over to the electronics department. They scanned it, and told me they couldn't sell it. They apologized to me and I say "Not a problem at all" and left.

i got 2 copies of pokemon black for $10 and traded both in to get $40 at gs to buy pokemon black 2 and get $6 left over. i also bought, infamous 2 for $10, Deus Ex for $5 and pokemon soul silver for $10. i love this thread and this website, i wanna give a shout out to everyone on here!!!

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but SCAN EVERYTHING.

I went to my local store and saw things with October tags that were much higher than what was posted here. Needless to say I was rather disappointed, so I figured I'd scan something for the hell of it. Found Mario Sports Mix with "Reduced: Oct 39.97". Scanned it:

$9.97

Scan your stuff people.[/QUOTE]

This game still scans at 39.97 at all the stores I checked. I was hoping it would be 9.97, but looks like not all stores have processed the latest drops.

All the stores in Indy have been shit. The last good Sears find I had was the SOCOM bluetooth headset for $16. I did find Pokemon Platnium and the 4th Professor Layton for $20.

I was pretty happy with the find at my local Sears. This was YESTERDAY. It didn't even look like they had been touched.

As others have stated, the prices on the games were completely wrong, and I had to have an associate scan them. He thought I was crazy until the prices came up and then went through all the phases "How did he know more than me?"
Of course, he became incredibly disenheartened as I took these games.

Here's what I bought

Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii - 9.97
Zelda Skyward Sword, Wii - 29.97
Mario Sports Mix, Wii - 9.97
Star Fox 64 3DS, 3DS - 9.99 x2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, PS3 - 9.97
Halo Reach, 360 - 9.97
Modern Warfare 3, Wii - 9.97 x2 (got an extra copy for my bro)

Portal 2, for both 360 and PS3 was 9.97 each. I would remind you that Gamestop is currently taking 50% bonus credit on it, giving it a TIV of $19.50. I plan on going back and picking up a few copies if they are still there.
Halo Reach is also in the %50 TIV and is currently getting 25.50

I had him scan other prices. Pokemon Rumble Blast was still full price, as were all the Lego games (Pirates, Star Wars, etc. for all systems) Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Most Mario games, all new 3DS games, all Vita games (broke my heart). Those games were STILL FULL PRICE. Definetly YMMV!

The PS3 Move Bundle was not $25, or even $50, but firm at full price, $99 (REALLY disenheartening), I was hoping for that to be my biggest score.

As a noob, this is really my first big buy from CAG, and i'm very pleased.
I've got an extra copy of Star Fox i'm willing to trade (would love a copy of ANY pokemon game someone picked up from this deal :) ), but am interested in anything. PM if interested.

That's not all though.
After paying, I got a bunch of coupons. One was a $5 off any $50 purchase instore (excludes gaming HARDWARE). I'm assuming it still works for video games. The other was a $5 off any $50 electronics purchase (2 cannot be combined). I plan on going back and getting 2 more $50 purchases whilst able. I would recommend you guys jump on this if you find something worthy.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Here's what I bought

Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii - 9.97
Mario Sports Mix, Wii - 9.97
Star Fox 64 3DS, 3DS - 9.99 x2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, PS3 - 9.97
Halo Reach, 360 - 9.97
Modern Warfare 3, Wii - 9.97 x2 (got an extra copy for my bro)[/QUOTE]
Nice find, especially for SSBB. The fact that the game was still there for five days after the drop at that store means you probably don't have much competition for the newest drops, even moreso if your store doesn't seem to update the prices on time.

[quote name='SSchmidt']The PS3 Move Bundle was not $25, or even $50, but firm at full price, $99 (REALLY disenheartening), I was hoping for that to be my biggest score.[/QUOTE]
While I don't think the dual game Move bundle is on clearance yet, keep your eye out for the single game Sports Champions bundle, last time I checked it was down to $59.97 in September.

[quote name='SSchmidt']That's not all though.
After paying, I got a bunch of coupons. One was a $5 off any $50 purchase instore (excludes gaming HARDWARE). I'm assuming it still works for video games. The other was a $5 off any $50 electronics purchase (2 cannot be combined). I plan on going back and getting 2 more $50 purchases whilst able. I would recommend you guys jump on this if you find something worthy.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately most of those coupons exclude clearance, though they are good for any newer, non-clearanced games you may find.

i went to my local Sears in Hurst, Northeast Mall, and found that they only had xbox 360 games on clearance , not only that but they are offering an additional 20% off on certain games with the green stickers. I ended up buying gears of war 3, and portal 2 for 7.97 each and Deus Ex , Dance Central, and Guitar Hero 5 for 3.99 each

[quote name='209chromatic']Are you guys finding all these games at the clearance bin?[/QUOTE]

Some in clearance bins, some on the rack, some in the glass cases. The clearance is so wide spread that it seems to apply to 90% of the games (and quite a bit of the accessories) that not every store has moved everything to clearance bins.

[quote name='Zombiekillz9']i went to my local Sears in Hurst, Northeast Mall, and found that they only had xbox 360 games on clearance , not only that but they are offering an additional 20% off on certain games with the green stickers. I ended up buying gears of war 3, and portal 2 for 7.97 each and Deus Ex , Dance Central, and Guitar Hero 5 for 3.99 each[/QUOTE]

I was sitting on a 360 slim 250 GB hard drive for around $75 and some PSP's for around $75 at that Sears, they were all gone before the next drop though. I knew I should have bit. I've found good things in the past at that Sears though like $20 DualShock 3's.

[quote name='SSchmidt']
[/QUOTE]

I can't help but to see that and think overpriced. Especially when Best Buy had it for $15. I know..... I know...... time machine and stuff, lol

That's not all though.
After paying, I got a bunch of coupons. One was a $5 off any $50 purchase instore (excludes gaming HARDWARE). I'm assuming it still works for video games. The other was a $5 off any $50 electronics purchase (2 cannot be combined). I plan on going back and getting 2 more $50 purchases whilst able. I would recommend you guys jump on this if you find something worthy.

Imagine the thoughts going through my head when I got a $15 off $50 purchase. I'd, just, spent more than that and was thinking crazy stuff...

The fine print of....not valid on clearance... relaxed my nerves.:)

Edit: Wait. $15 in ponts for spending $50, but I have the $5 off $50, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I was sitting on a 360 slim 250 GB hard drive for around $75 and some PSP's for around $75 at that Sears, they were all gone before the next drop though. I knew I should have bit. I've found good things in the past at that Sears though like $20 DualShock 3's.[/QUOTE]

Did those 250gb hard drives drop? I saw two of them at my store but they were both still marked $75.

For those in Cincinnati the Tri County Sears has the best selection locally. Prices rang up cheaper than marked on everything I picked up. Got Dead Space 2, MK, WWE All Stars for $9.97 each for the 360.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I can't help but to see that and think overpriced. Especially when Best Buy had it for $15. I know..... I know...... time machine and stuff, lol

Imagine the thoughts going through my head when I got a $15 off $50 purchase. I'd, just, spent more than that and was thinking crazy stuff...

The fine print of....not valid on clearance... relaxed my nerves.:)

Edit: Wait. $15 in ponts for spending $50, but I have the $5 off $50, too.[/QUOTE]

Too bad those SYWR points coupons rarely work. I think the only coupons that work on my end are the 'Update your email and get $XX in points'

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I can't help but to see that and think overpriced. Especially when Best Buy had it for $15. I know..... I know...... time machine and stuff, lol
[/QUOTE]
Actually if you have access to a Fry's Electronics near you, Skyward Sword is currently $19.99, not much different than the $15 Best Buy price. Of course it's in-store only, that botches up most of east coast, but great for CA residents.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']

While I don't think the dual game Move bundle is on clearance yet, keep your eye out for the single game Sports Champions bundle, last time I checked it was down to $59.97 in September.

[/QUOTE]

I think he may have saw my post a couple pages back. I got a few Dual Game PS Move bundles for $25. This was only because the store I went to had a 75% off clearance games extra sale. So all the 10$ games were 2.50. All the 30$ games were $7.50 etc.

The dual bundles were 25$ down from 99.99. Oddly the dual bundle isnt even on clearance. It just happened to be in the 75% sale bin so it got included in the sale.

[quote name='goodnight144']Did those 250gb hard drives drop? I saw two of them at my store but they were both still marked $75.[/QUOTE]
Mine had a clearance up to the manager, it seems, but I got 2 of those for $30 each a few months ago. Haven't seen any of them anywhere since. On a related note, there were some Xbox harddrives for $30 at my Kmart, but they were the 60 GB ones. After getting a 250 from Sears for the same price, I found it funny to see that.

Good finds. The Manchester, CT Sears didn't have anything marked clearance and there was no employee in site for me to bother them scanning things. The game selection did look smaller, but everytime I went there there were no games on clearance. Same when I've been to the Meriden, CT ones. I think the Sears in CT don't mark anything on clearance and It's a bummer. However, the KMart ones seem to clearance games here and there.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good finds. The Manchester, CT Sears didn't have anything marked clearance and there was no employee in site for me to bother them scanning things. The game selection did look smaller, but everytime I went there there were no games on clearance. Same when I've been to the Meriden, CT ones. I think the Sears in CT don't mark anything on clearance and It's a bummer. However, the KMart ones seem to clearance games here and there.[/QUOTE]
As long as the games are actually out in the open and you don't have to wait for an employee to get them out of a case, take them to the scanner and check them yourself. That's how I've found MANY deals before.

In albuquerque, nm at the sears in cottonwood mall, I managed to pick up

Deus Ex Human Revolution X360 for 4.97 (sticker had 14.97)
Steel Diver 3DS for 4.97 (sticker had 9.97)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for 9.97 (sticker had 29.97)

All of them had different prices on them too and all rang up differently at the register.

All in all, happy camper with my findings. Wish I could have found more!

Went to a Sears I haven't been to before. They had Xbox Portal 2, but not the PS3 version. Saw a Shadow of the Colossus NEW:ps2: $14.9x. Good thing it isn't rare/valuable(checked eBay after I left) because I left it.

Street Fighter IV 3DS($9.99). No 3ds, yet, but I tend to buy stuff before I get a system I'm interested in.

Well, at some point, my Sears decided to start carrying games again. And from the looks of it, it had been scavenged HARD. There were a bunch of empty slots in the game case, and the clearance bin was kind of a mess from how much it'd been sifted through. Can't say I blame the lucky guys who went through it- I just wish I'd known the place had picked games back up sooner. :cry:

That said, I did pick up:
:ps3: Lost Planet 2- $4.97
:360: Darksiders- $9.97
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers- $9.97

I was in kind of a hurry to get out of there, so I didn't notice until after I got back home that Super Sluggers wasn't Sports Mix. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As long as the games are actually out in the open and you don't have to wait for an employee to get them out of a case, take them to the scanner and check them yourself. That's how I've found MANY deals before.[/QUOTE]
That's if your store has scanners available. At our Sears, the nearest scanner is in the children's clothing department (in other words: far away) and the electronics section is enclosed in plexiglass walls; any attempts to remove games will set off the alarm. Toys R Us here used to be the same way until the last year or so.

[quote name='godsmack13']Might be the quickest way to get an employee over to have them scan things for you :)[/QUOTE]

Go find the pocket of them standing around talking by the major appliances :applause:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Go find the pocket of them standing around talking by the major appliances :applause:[/QUOTE]

YES. They always do that!

[quote name='ZombieToast']That's if your store has scanners available. At our Sears, the nearest scanner is in the children's clothing department (in other words: far away) and the electronics section is enclosed in plexiglass walls; any attempts to remove games will set off the alarm. Toys R Us here used to be the same way until the last year or so.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like the one mall out in NJ where I picked up either Loco Roco 2 or Patapon for PSP really cheap a few years ago. I think it was actually like $.29 a copy at the time.:lol:

But here the electronics is wide open and they have multiple price scanners, so I have actually hauled 3-10 games at a clip before from there to the scanners and back again.

Speaking of Patapon, I just now noticed that the Patapon I got for $.97 cents doesn't have the game, but instead it has a downloadable voucher in it. Well, it does according to what it says on the case. I haven't opened it yet. I've never seen that before. Going through all the trouble of making a case, manual, then paying for shipping, and selling it to a retailer, and they only have a voucher for it. I don't really care, but this just seems retarded. Anybody know why they did that?

[quote name='Fukurou']Speaking of Patapon, I just now noticed that the Patapon I got for $.97 cents doesn't have the game, but instead it has a downloadable voucher in it. Well, it does according to what it says on the case. I haven't opened it yet. I've never seen that before. Going through all the trouble of making a case, manual, then paying for shipping, and selling it to a retailer, and they only have a voucher for it. I don't really care, but this just seems retarded. Anybody know why they did that?[/QUOTE]

Its Sony Gaming Division thats why, you answered your own question.

Been shopping around in the Tri-Cities, TN Area (Bristol, Kingsport, & Johnson City (A Buddy went there)... And let me tell you NEVER go to Kingsport for any purposes at all. NONE of the scanners worked, and when every game I had rang up for the price I didn't want it for I told him I didn't want it, and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

Anyways onto the hauls

:360:Call of Duty Black Ops $9.99
:360:Your Shape Fitness Evolved $4.99
:360:Disneyland Kingdom $9.99
:360:Michael Jackson The Experience $4.99

:ps3:NBA Jam $9.99
:ps3:Call of Duty Black Ops $9.99
:ps3:NBA 2k11 $4.99
:ps3:NBA 2k12 $9.99
:ps3:Enslaved $4.99
:ps3:Michael Jackson The Experience $4.99

:ds:Mario Party DS $9.99
:ds:Call of Duty Modern Warefare 3 $9.99

:3ds:Street Fighter 4 $9.99
:3ds:Rayman 3D $4.99
:3ds:Raving Rabbids $9.99
:3ds:Asphalt Driver $4.99
:3ds:Ocarina of Time $29.99 (Boo)

There was more, but can't remember it at the moment

[quote name='walterdude']Been shopping around in the Tri-Cities, TN Area (Bristol, Kingsport, & Johnson City (A Buddy went there)... And let me tell you NEVER go to Kingsport for any purposes at all. NONE of the scanners worked, and when every game I had rang up for the price I didn't want it for I told him I didn't want it, and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

Anyways onto the hauls

There was more, but can't remember it at the moment[/QUOTE]

Wish that was closer to Cookeville, TN the Sears here is pretty much wiped out.

[quote name='goodnight144']Wish that was closer to Cookeville, TN the Sears here is pretty much wiped out.[/QUOTE]

*Waves* I just posted about it yesterday. Small world. :p Sorry for asking if I have, but have I bumped into you before? I've ran into a few other CAGs in Cookeville and I'm just curious.

[quote name='walterdude']Been shopping around in the Tri-Cities, TN Area (Bristol, Kingsport, & Johnson City (A Buddy went there)... And let me tell you NEVER go to Kingsport for any purposes at all. NONE of the scanners worked, and when every game I had rang up for the price I didn't want it for I told him I didn't want it, and he looks at me like I'm crazy...

There was more, but can't remember it at the moment[/QUOTE]
I used to live in Johnson City, work in Bristol, and visit in-laws and friends in Kingsport. Wish this site was around back then. I try to stop by some stores when we go back to visit and have had the most luck in Kingsport and Johnson City as far as Sears goes. Bristol is always tagged correctly which usually kills the deals.

Just got back from mine to get la noire and check on portal 2 and deus ex. El hoardo got there before me.

I managed to get Gears of War 3 for $10 though

Well, I think I'm officially having one of those weeks were everything is going right for me. Back to back lucky days.

Either way, went to my store which had previously been cleared out to find a whole new shelf set up filled with games. Most of the stuff was still barely marked off, but I got the last copies of Mario Kart Wii + Wii Wheel and Wii Sports Motion + Wii Motion Controller for 10$ each :D. Very happy, gonna put both toward my Wii U collection (Though I sold Sports Motion already lol)

[quote name='xDerekRx']I think he may have saw my post a couple pages back. I got a few Dual Game PS Move bundles for $25. This was only because the store I went to had a 75% off clearance games extra sale. So all the 10$ games were 2.50. All the 30$ games were $7.50 etc.

The dual bundles were 25$ down from 99.99. Oddly the dual bundle isnt even on clearance. It just happened to be in the 75% sale bin so it got included in the sale.[/QUOTE]
I figured that was the case, as I did check the dual game and saw the $99.99, which the XX.99 always indicates a non-clearanced item. Great find for you obviously though :D.

Curious to know if at your store they clearanced off the Skylanders Starter kits, as they are perma-set to sale at $49.99 (which technically isn't clearance).

I got a Wii Classic controller pro from the amherst Sears for $7.97 but the price was 19.99 in the system, however they gave it to me for the cheaper price, so that Sears is extremely generous.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good finds. The Manchester, CT Sears didn't have anything marked clearance and there was no employee in site for me to bother them scanning things. The game selection did look smaller, but everytime I went there there were no games on clearance. Same when I've been to the Meriden, CT ones. I think the Sears in CT don't mark anything on clearance and It's a bummer. However, the KMart ones seem to clearance games here and there.[/QUOTE]

There's a price scanner near the cashier stand by the entrance to the mall. There's also another one around the corner in the other direction where the aisle leading outside meets the aisle with the lawn supplies (mowers, etc.). Just about anything on the clearance rack with a clearance sticker on it is lower than the price on the sticker. (Most of them still have the June prices on them and none of them have been updated in October.) There are some exceptions (looking at you Lego Star Wars 3 for $29.97 still). As far as not having anything left that you want - yeah, sorry about that. (Actually someone else really wiped it out when they had the 25% off clearance sale in June)

[quote name='jdawgg76']I used to live in Johnson City, work in Bristol, and visit in-laws and friends in Kingsport. Wish this site was around back then. I try to stop by some stores when we go back to visit and have had the most luck in Kingsport and Johnson City as far as Sears goes. Bristol is always tagged correctly which usually kills the deals.[/QUOTE]

Yep pretty mich right. Kingsport is just like a weird little world. Bristol is gossip town, and Johnson City is pretty chill... As far as Sears goes. The Johnson City one is probably the best for deals, and very very very rarely have I got anyone who is unwilling to help. However, I'm heading to Richmond, VA this weekend so will be checking Roanoke & rjchmond locations. Christiansburg & Lynchburg don't carry games anymore. Called them yesterday

bread's done
Back