Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Stopped by my local Sears. They didn't have any of the October stickers but I went to the price scanners.

Homefront :ps3: 2.97
Portal 2 PC 2.97 (3 copies)

I found Transformers WFC 360 for 9.99 September Sticker (maybe it'll go lower?) There is another thats 24.99. Maybe misprice. :lol:

Didn't buy anything; didn't feel like it.

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']There's a price scanner near the cashier stand by the entrance to the mall. There's also another one around the corner in the other direction where the aisle leading outside meets the aisle with the lawn supplies (mowers, etc.). Just about anything on the clearance rack with a clearance sticker on it is lower than the price on the sticker. (Most of them still have the June prices on them and none of them have been updated in October.) There are some exceptions (looking at you Lego Star Wars 3 for $29.97 still). As far as not having anything left that you want - yeah, sorry about that. (Actually someone else really wiped it out when they had the 25% off clearance sale in June)[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the info. I'm glad to know people are clearing them out rather then not having any. I went in June and don't recall much either way. Again, thanks for confirming. I rather wait for $9.99 Black Ops 360, but if they are gone no biggie. Only game I was looking for is Revelations 3DS.

[quote name='forumboarder']Bought these yesterday at Century III Mall in Pittsburgh, PA

:360: Mortal Kombat $9.99
:360: Crysis 2- Limited Edition $9.99[/QUOTE]

Say what? I've been looking for Crysis 2 at that price. Now only if I could find a Sears around me that sells video games. I know its going to be tough to find the games though.

Monte Vista California..... Came up on 2 copies of Resistance 3 for 9.99 each and a Uncharted 3 for 20. Can't complain... Update : I just sold a R3 for 20. Do the math

[quote name='Gscept']Monte Vista California..... Came up on 2 copies of Resistance 3 for 9.99 each and a Uncharted 3 for 20. Can't complain... Update : I just sold a R3 for 20. Do the math[/QUOTE]
FYI: The vanilla version(non GOTY edition) of Uncharted 3 is actually part of the new lineup of $19.99 Greatest Hits titles that Sony announced at one of the game shows over the summer. I believe Little Big Planet 2 was also among that group.

So that game was actually at MSRP.

Just letting you know.

Found at the Tri-County store in Cincinnati

Halo Reach 9.97
Left 4 Dead 2 9.97
Mario Sports Mix 9.97
Mario Party DS 9.97

Pretty much all the games scanned lower than the listed September tags.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: The vanilla version(non GOTY edition) of Uncharted 3 is actually part of the new lineup of $19.99 Greatest Hits titles that Sony announced at one of the game shows over the summer. I believe Little Big Planet 2 was also among that group.

So that game was actually at MSRP.

Just letting you know.[/QUOTE]

I got it at msrp but sold Resistance 3 for 20 so I basically got the other two for $30 after with my 10 dollar profit. Thanks for letting me know but you didn't have to.

As long as you're happy with the deal you got, that's all that matters. But I just wanted to get it out there that $20 is the MSRP for the older version of quite a few games since Sony added them to the GH program now.

[quote name='SaraAB']I got a Wii Classic controller pro from the amherst Sears for $7.97 but the price was 19.99 in the system, however they gave it to me for the cheaper price, so that Sears is extremely generous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they have some nice staff there. I do my transfer sales at Amherst because they usually oblige. Sara if you didnt see my post from a few pages ago, all the games left at Amherst were 75% off the sticker still. They didnt put a sign up for the sale, they just all ring up 75 off. Not a ton left but a small bunch.

Just wanted to say today in Bristol & Roanoke, VA picked up the original sports move bundle for $25 & $33 respectively. Also Mario vs Donkey Kong ds for $10. And same stuff people been reporting. DKC $10 Mario sports $10 Reach $10 etc. BTW Kmart (YMMV) has pokemon white/black system bundles for $78.

[quote name='forumboarder']bought these yesterday at century iii mall in pittsburgh, pa

:360: Mortal kombat $9.99
:360: Crysis 2- limited edition $9.99[/quote]

tell me there is another mortal kombat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw Crysis 2 LE PS3 for $10, but I already bought a lot. And that Sears is really far. I might still go, but I'd prefer to wait for a $5 price.

[quote name='JuniorMT']In albuquerque, nm at the sears in cottonwood mall, I managed to pick up

Deus Ex Human Revolution X360 for 4.97 (sticker had 14.97)
Steel Diver 3DS for 4.97 (sticker had 9.97)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for 9.97 (sticker had 29.97)

All of them had different prices on them too and all rang up differently at the register.

All in all, happy camper with my findings. Wish I could have found more![/QUOTE]

Blah! Went there today, I think you got the last Deus Ex. Nothing else noteworthy there.

[quote name='grecianfox']Found at the Tri-County store in Cincinnati

Halo Reach 9.97
Left 4 Dead 2 9.97
Mario Sports Mix 9.97
Mario Party DS 9.97

Pretty much all the games scanned lower than the listed September tags.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from the Sears in Tri-County and no more Reach or Left 4 Dead 2 :whistle2:(

However, I was able to score Black Ops and Mortal Kombat for the 360 at $9.97 each. There were a few more copies of Black Ops and at least 1 copy of Mortal Kombat when I left this morning for the 360. I am pretty sure there were some for the PS3 too.

IMPORTANT!!!!!
For you West Coasters, just want to point out that my Sears actually opened at 9am today because it is Friday. However, their doors say 10...wonder why they are struggling. Anyway, just check sears.com to see if they have early hours for Friday - it might mean the difference between a great haul or watching el hoardo load up the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slppedyoursster']Just got back from the Sears in Tri-County and no more Reach or Left 4 Dead 2 :whistle2:(

However, I was able to score Black Ops and Mortal Kombat for the 360 at $9.97 each. There were a few more copies of Black Ops and at least 1 copy of Mortal Kombat when I left this morning for the 360. I am pretty sure there were some for the PS3 too.

IMPORTANT!!!!!
For you West Coasters, just want to point out that my Sears actually opened at 9am today because it is Friday. However, their doors say 10...wonder why they are struggling. Anyway, just check sears.com to see if they have early hours for Friday - it might mean the difference between a great haul or watching el hoardo load up the car.[/QUOTE]

I probably should have spcified that I got the last copy of Halo:Reach, Mario Party DS and Mario Sports Mix. There were a couple more Left 4 Dead 2s.

The Sears in Clackamas, OR seems to not follow these national price drops. I took Mario & Luigi over to the kiosk and it still rings up as ~$27 and not the 9.97 as mentioned before. Very mediocre selection and drops, though the sublime froyo I got somewhat vindicated the long drive out.

Get that Black Ops Ps3 for $9.97 twice from my Memphis location.
Also picked up Portal 2 PC for $2.97

Saw Infamous for $7.97
Infamous 2 for 9.97
Mortal Kombat 360 for 9.97
Fable 3 for the $5

and some others. Came up fast on that Black Ops because TIV at Gamestop is 25 until tomorrow

My son had a appointment for pictures today at sears. I stopped by the gaming area only to find out they have pretty much done away with all their gaming items. I guess they've had a huge problem with people stealing games from the clearance rack so they decided to just send them all back. There were a couple of new release titles behind the glass but that was it. This was the last sears here in town so I guess my sears clearance days are over.

Picked up:

:360:Deus Ex $4.97
:360:Mortal Kombat $9.97
:360:COD: Modern Warfare 2 $9.97

:wii:Pokemon PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure $9.97

:ps3:Portal 2 $9.97

:3ds:Starfox 3D $9.97

[quote name='jkam']Picked up:

:wii:Pokemon PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure $9.97

[/QUOTE]

A while ago, I got some of those(forget how many) for $6.xx. Then found 2 more for $4.xx.

Eh fail wrong topic post. Either way I found 3 copies of Reach and 1 Black Ops for Ps3. So I'm very happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my local Sears...it appears someone from CAG went crazy and spent $600 to sell stuff on ebay...Thanks a ton.......I was able to get a few games for myself, but whatever.

Any of you CAGS that found Dues Ex for 360 wanna trade for PS3 version? I have a PS3 versions I got for $5. Looking for the 360 one myself.

For those who are rewards members, check your account online. They deposited $5 worth of points without notification. Guess that means I'll be getting a free game :)

So how often do they drop prices, once a month? My stores have quite a few other clearance things still near MSRP that I'm going to be watching like a hawk. Apparently competition here must be low too, because the stuff is barely selling

Also found a copy of Star Fox 3D for 10$

[quote name='lostdecoy']For those who are rewards members, check your account online. They deposited $5 worth of points without notification. Guess that means I'll be getting a free game :)[/QUOTE]
MF'er. Just checked mine and saw this:
10/12/2012 7000 Points for being a Valued Member - Redeem in CE

I just bought two :360:Halo Reach on Wednesday. Guess I'll go back and see what's left.

between clients today I went to Ross Park Mall in North Hills Pitt (looking for that cheap MK on 360). Didn't find a whole lot to write home about except

ATV Offroad Fury 4 (GH PS2)- .25
Secret Agent Clank- .25

so this weekend I will continue the PGH hunt for mortal kombat. But I will say that 2 games for 52 cents is pretty fucking awesome.

Picked these up at the Pittsburgh Mills Sears earlier in the week.

:pc: Portal 2 2x = $2.97
:wii: Official wireless sensor bar = $9.99 = 50% off = Even though I barely use my wii the wire for my sensor bar is thrashed so I was pretty stoked to save a couple bucks over getting one on amazon.
:psp: 4gb memery card 2x = $6.99 = The PSP bundle I got from Kmart only came with a 1gb card so I needed some more memory. I installed CFW, anyone have any recommendations for good homebrew/emulators?

[quote name='MasaTFC']between clients today I went to Ross Park Mall in North Hills Pitt (looking for that cheap MK on 360). Didn't find a whole lot to write home about except

ATV Offroad Fury 4 (GH PS2)- .25
Secret Agent Clank- .25

so this weekend I will continue the PGH hunt for mortal kombat. But I will say that 2 games for 52 cents is pretty fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Mills earlier in the week and I'm pretty sure they didn't have MK for either system.

[quote name='electricsleep']I was at the Mills earlier in the week and I'm pretty sure they didn't have MK for either system.[/QUOTE]

I read here that it was at century 3. So I am just gonna hit there and south hills village, where I have had some good luck in the past.

Any of those wireless bars left? The gf has been hounding me about that for months (stupid cat likes to knock it behind the tv).

[quote name='lostdecoy']For those who are rewards members, check your account online. They deposited $5 worth of points without notification. Guess that means I'll be getting a free game :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome - mine too! Say they expire on the 15th, so I'll stop by and grab something else to trade in to GS. Gotta build up that credit.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Awesome - mine too! Say they expire on the 15th, so I'll stop by and grab something else to trade in to GS. Gotta build up that credit.[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach trades in for $25.50 but tomorrow is the last day. I bought 2 extras to do that myself.

Very excited that we finally found Black Ops for 360 tonight! Also grabbed 2 copies of Mario Sport Mix.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Halo Reach trades in for $25.50 but tomorrow is the last day. I bought 2 extras to do that myself.

Very excited that we finally found Black Ops for 360 tonight! Also grabbed 2 copies of Mario Sport Mix.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the promotion ends 10/14/2012 so that would make sunday the last day

[quote name='exaznkid']I'm pretty sure the promotion ends 10/14/2012 so that would make sunday the last day[/QUOTE]

It's almost midnight in NY so I was was already hopping ahead to thinking tomorrow was Sunday...but you are absolutely correct.

Also, I saw Mario Kart Wii, but it was the one without the wheel, and rang up $40. I figure there were CAG or SD in the area who already grabbed up the good stuff.

I just checked a while ago too and I have $5 too. Let's see if there's anything at my local Sears worth picking up for $5. If I was headed to the other local one, I'd probably pick up Deus Ex for just sales tax. But I doubt I'm headed there before the 15th.

[quote name='teddyballgame78']Anyone know why the sears near me has reach for 24.97 and other people are finding it for 9.97? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 different versions of reach. The only one that is 9.97 is the one that doesn't include the bonus spartan recon helmet. The ones that are 24.97 have this on the front cover on the bottom.

[quote name='MasaTFC']tell me there is another mortal kombat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

There was yesterday when I was there. I managed to snag a copy of Gears of War 3 and Resistance 3 for $9.97 each, and Splinter Cell 3DS for $4.97.

bread's done
Back