Official Skylanders Thread

The system was coded correctly and auto-adjusts regardless of how it was rang up. I had 10 items, and all of them had GCU applied, and all of them were paired to give the best discount possible.

(2 paired trap masters, 2 paired cores, a core/easter, and 2 easters)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Target website seems to show that only single figures, trap masters, traps, and single minis are part of the 25% off sale. None of the adventure packs, expansion packs, double packs, and triple packs are showing up as on sale. Although, there have been times when I have gone into Target stores and they have rang up 25% off anyway. YMMV. I'm starting to think it's not worth it to go into Target and fight with customer service to get the 25% off my Dark and Light expansion packs, and just be happy that I found them at all, instead of having to pay a crazy amount to scalpers online.
I was able to go to Target yesterday and got the 25% off my Dark and Light expansions. I had to get a manager override since the system didn't automatically do it, but the 3 packs and other adventure packs showed the 25% discount, so it might be worth a shot to try and convince them to take the 25% off. YMMV of course.

Did anyone get Best Buy to ring up the game with GCU and use the $10 off coupon from the cereal box?
Yes, I used the coupon and got it for just under $24 after sales tax. It will not scan, but it's a manufacturer's coupon, and they've got an option for ringing those up (F10, I believe). I suppose they might refuse to, but there really isn't any reason to, as they're going to get reimbursed.

I did get ripped off using a $1.00 coupon for a B1G1 50%. I only saved $0.53 when compared to my other, non-coupon purchases, but didn't think it was worth the trouble to go back in and fix it.

I was able to go to Target yesterday and got the 25% off my Dark and Light expansions. I had to get a manager override since the system didn't automatically do it, but the 3 packs and other adventure packs showed the 25% discount, so it might be worth a shot to try and convince them to take the 25% off. YMMV of course.
LIkewise, I went to get a refund on the pack I had purchased last week (actually unknowingly that it would be on sale this week). The Customer Service rep tried to, but it didn't work. So we looked at the ad (at her request), saw the 25% discount, and she returned/resold the item to me with the 25% discount manually applied. Quite painless.

In either case, I'm just glad I finally got one!

My local Target denied me. They don't carry the light and dark expansions in store. So, they wouldn't give me the 25% off. They told me to go back to the Target that I bought them from to get my money back. The Target that I bought them from is 90 miles away. Ugh. Oh well, I'll eat the twelve dollars I would have got back, since it will cost me more in gas to travel 180 miles roundtrip just to get the 25% off.

My local Target denied me. They don't carry the light and dark expansions in store. So, they wouldn't give me the 25% off. They told me to go back to the Target that I bought them from to get my money back. The Target that I bought them from is 90 miles away. Ugh. Oh well, I'll eat the twelve dollars I would have got back, since it will cost me more in gas to travel 180 miles roundtrip just to get the 25% off.
That... doesn't sound right.

I would have asked for a manager, unless you did. For some reason it looks like Target didn't put those packs on sale in their system, but they should still adjust it, given it's clearly a mistake. Also, I know obviously what Targets stoxk xan vary by location, but they should still have it in their system.

The adventure packs are ringing up 25%? Maybe I should exchange my Light & Dark packs for Nightmare Express & Mirror of Mystery...

The adventure packs are ringing up 25%? Maybe I should exchange my Light & Dark packs for Nightmare Express & Mirror of Mystery...
At my local Target, the adventure packs are advertised as 25% off ($18.xx is the price being shown in stores). They should be on sale, so if you are interested in the packs, go ahead.

At my local Target, the adventure packs are advertised as 25% off ($18.xx is the price being shown in stores). They should be on sale, so if you are interested in the packs, go ahead.
Thanks! I'll try to get them to take 25% off the Light & Dark, and if they won't, I'll just return and get the adventure packs instead.

Yes, I used the coupon and got it for just under $24 after sales tax. It will not scan, but it's a manufacturer's coupon, and they've got an option for ringing those up (F10, I believe). I suppose they might refuse to, but there really isn't any reason to, as they're going to get reimbursed.
I did get ripped off using a $1.00 coupon for a B1G1 50%. I only saved $0.53 when compared to my other, non-coupon purchases, but didn't think it was worth the trouble to go back in and fix it.
Thank you! I'm going to go in and try this today. Thanks for the heads up on the $1 coupon too. I'll watch for that and see what happens with mine.

I need to vent.

I'm currently on the phone with Best Buy customer service trying to fix the Knight Mare/Knight Light situation, and the woman who's "helping" me seems to barely understand how to work a computer. I'm not even really sure that she knows she works for Best Buy. This call has consisted of me stating information in a clear and succinct fashion, followed by her making confused mumbling noises, in-between minute-long stretches of silence where I seriously contemplate either screaming impatient obscenities into my phone or hanging up and burning all of my Skylanders. She now has me on hold, which I'm assuming is because she's asking a supervisor if Best Buy sells "moving picture games".

That's all. I'm usually a very patient and understanding person. Haven't raged this hard in a while.

My Target has always had terrible customer service, they fight me on everything. I knew that it was going to be a long shot getting my 25% off back on my Light and Dark expansions that I got on Friday. But, it is what it is. At least I found them. I am very grateful for that. I am really enjoying the light and dark trap masters, and I am glad that I can finally catch all the rest of the villains.

Has anybody tried the buy one get one 50% on Skylanders games? I still need Swap Force and Trap Team for the 3DS.

Am I the only one who can't add Skylanders or amiibo to my cart? It's driving me insane.
no, I assure you that you are not alone. If you sign out of your account, try adding them - it worked for me everytime, then I would sign in to my account and go to checkout and it would say there was a problem with my cart and not allow it. Then I tried using their app for my Android phone and had no problems adding anything while signed in.

I truly hate Best Buy's website. If something is not available for shipping or in store near me, how about you fucking just say that and not let me add it to my cart and have to remove it?

Update: I literally had tell the lady I couldn't spend any more time on this and gave her my phone number to call me back later. Never had to do that with Best Buy customer service. What a waste of 45 minutes. Unbelievable. I have no idea what she was doing.

My store was still pretty well stocked with new stuff. I returned and rebought the Thunderbolt and Short Cut I got last week and with sale, GCU, and two $1.00 coupons my total was $17.24 after taxes. That ends up being cheaper than what tru charges for one guy. I also got the two new easter minis for like $9.50.

Update: I literally had tell the lady I couldn't spend any more time on this and gave her my phone number to call me back later. Never had to do that with Best Buy customer service. What a waste of 45 minutes. Unbelievable. I have no idea what she was doing.
Is this regarding the Trap Master/Trap online screw up? If so, let me know what happens. I have been debating whether to call or not.

I went to Target today and picked up High Five for $6.50 after 25% of and $1 coupon and one of the Easter minis for $5 after 25% off and coupon. I was also able to price adjust an Echo figure I picked up last week. There wasn't much to choose from at this Target(which isn't new) except for 1 each of the Easter releases and 2 High Fives. The only Trap Masters they have are Lob-Star and a shit ton of Nitro Head Rush.

Now I gotta go to Best Buy tomorrow to get an adjustment on the Shortcut and Thunderbolt I bought last week. I might also do a return/rebuy on a Winterfest Lob-Star I found on clearance last week($7.99 pre-GCU) and add another figure just for the 50% off.

Is this regarding the Trap Master/Trap online screw up? If so, let me know what happens. I have been debating whether to call or not.
I called, and the situation was resolved within minutes. They changed my incorrect order, and I was able to walk into my local Best Buy and pick up Knight Mare & Knight Light with in-store pickup. They only charged me the original under-$5 GCU price.

I went to Target today and picked up High Five for $6.50 after 25% of and $1 coupon and one of the Easter minis for $5 after 25% off and coupon. I was also able to price adjust an Echo figure I picked up last week. There wasn't much to choose from at this Target(which isn't new) except for 1 each of the Easter releases and 2 High Fives. The only Trap Masters they have are Lob-Star and a shit ton of Nitro Head Rush.

Now I gotta go to Best Buy tomorrow to get an adjustment on the Shortcut and Thunderbolt I bought last week. I might also do a return/rebuy on a Winterfest Lob-Star I found on clearance last week($7.99 pre-GCU) and add another figure just for the 50% off.
I went back to BB today to pick up High Five (they only had one, and the paint job is kind of crappy) and thought I'd get the clearanced Winterfest Lob-Star for 50% off. I looked at my receipt when I got home, and there was no discount. I'm guessing clearanced items must not be part of the sale. I might return them.

In better news, I went back to Target to see if they would adjust the Light and Dark packs I bought yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that the guy looked at the ad and agreed that they should be discounted.

Pretty good haul, now I just need two more: Gearshift and Enigma. I don't think Enigma is out yet, and I haven't been able to find a Gearshift. I remember seeing one at a Target last week, but it's long gone now. I might have to do the unthinkable with her - pay full retail, but she's rapidly going from hard to find to impossible to find. She could be the next Krypt King. Amazon is the only online retailer offering her for regular price, unless someone knows a better deal.

Pretty good haul, now I just need two more: Gearshift and Enigma. I don't think Enigma is out yet, and I haven't been able to find a Gearshift. I remember seeing one at a Target last week, but it's long gone now. I might have to do the unthinkable with her - pay full retail, but she's rapidly going from hard to find to impossible to find. She could be the next Krypt King. Amazon is the only online retailer offering her for regular price, unless someone knows a better deal.
I read somewhere that she's getting a second run soon. I know what you mean though. The only Skylander/Infinity item I paid full price for is the Kaos trap.

I bought Krypt King and Gear Shift during the Black Friday event at Target for $10 each. They are my favorite Trap Masters.

I believe a second run for Gearshift is confirmed. In fact, I think all of the ones we've seen so far were the left over preorders.

In other news, I was surprised to see Boomer and Ghost Roaster at GameStop today!

So, with the coupons that come with the cereal, can I use all three $1 off coupons on three figures in one transaction? Or, do they have to be three separate transactions? Also, is that the same with the $10 off starter pack coupons? I'd really like to buy three more Skylanders before the sale is over at Target, and possibly a 3DS starter pack.

General Mills.

Cheerios, Trix, cookie crisp, etc.

Generally it's kids cereals by General Mills. The fronts of the boxes are clearly labeled and the back of the box has a skystones board on it.

So, with the coupons that come with the cereal, can I use all three $1 off coupons on three figures in one transaction? Or, do they have to be three separate transactions? Also, is that the same with the $10 off starter pack coupons? I'd really like to buy three more Skylanders before the sale is over at Target, and possibly a 3DS starter pack.
TRU let me stack coupons last year... Not sure if target allows that or not, but I'd think so as long as you have one correct item per coupon.

TRU let me stack coupons last year... Not sure if target allows that or not, but I'd think so as long as you have one correct item per coupon.
Target will let you do it. I did it once last week and once yesterday.

The ones I have had most success finding the coupons are Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I even found one store that carried the coupons attached to the front of the box, so no opening the box and cutting the coupon out. I have also seen some on Lucky Charms.

I used two in a single transaction at Best Buy yesterday. The only thing is they don't scan so they have to manually take the discount off.

Anyone know what this is?

I ordered one just to see.  Loved getting a brand new dragon fire cannon for cheap next time.

I'm pretty sure I found the Swap Force expansions already, so I might have one of those and a Gusto extra soon.

I bought Gusto before realizing the 3DS Trap team comes with him and Barkley, which I plan on buying.

I believe a second run for Gearshift is confirmed. In fact, I think all of the ones we've seen so far were the left over preorders.

In other news, I was surprised to see Boomer and Ghost Roaster at GameStop today!
Ill wait then. Would be awesome if reprint came at same time as Enigma. Double awesome if BB has another sale like this when it happens.

So , wave 5 is probably Gearshift, Enigma, Fling Kong, Flip Wreck, and stand alone Deja Vu?  Is there anything else?

Ill wait then. Would be awesome if reprint came at same time as Enigma. Double awesome if BB has another sale like this when it happens.
Probably will be reprinted with the Enigma shipments. I am just worried that Enigma might get a short production run since he is the last guy to be released.

I'd like to get Torch, but all the other core characters look like rubbish. Are there any that are worth getting other than Bat Spin that I can pair Torch with for the discount?

Does anyone still need a Kaos trap? My Walmart got six today and I grabbed some for CAGs. Not looking to profit. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I'm still pissed I can't add items to my cart on BB site or app. It shows in stock for store pick up, but when I add to cart it doesn't let me

So far, I've got 8 of the 10 TM elements, and 2 elemental redundancies (Earth and Life). Jawbreaker and Blastermind will make it 10 out of 10. I looked at their Youtube videos, and while Jawbreaker looks good (but not great) Blastermind looks terrible, yet a lot of people have recommended him. Anyone actually play as either of them? Are they worth picking up?  

I'm just dropping in to pass this along. It may be old news. Gamestop got in a shipment of all of the traps. I know chaos trap used to be had to find They had gotten in 7-10 of them. They also had the fire trap, which I was told may be difficult to find. Sorry if this is already known information. (no this isn't an April fools joke)

bread's done
Back