Official Skylanders Thread

Skylanders Days usually have good deals. Last year, it was buy 1 get 1 free on all Superchargers drivers and vehicles. It was also the place to go for racing packs. Hopefully they'll continue that trend this year.
Not the case for Superchargers's Skylanders Days as other resellers has discounted more often and better than Game Stop.

The Superchargers has been 75% off cartwheel a few times at Target and even TRU has Buy 1 Get 2 Free deals multiple times and last for weeks each.

New Level Packs:

Crash Bandicoot/Dr. Neo Cortex with Thumpa Wumpa Islands

Boom Bloom/Air Crystal with Enchanted Elven Forest

And some variants sprinkled here and there.
Question on the "Crash Bandicoot/Dr. Neo Cortex with Thumpa Wumpa Islands".

Is everything from that level pack already included in the PS4's Crash Bandicoot starter pack?

Got the starter pack from Target for $40, need to decide if I want to keep it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on the "Crash Bandicoot/Dr. Neo Cortex with Thumpa Wumpa Islands".

Is everything from that level pack already included in the PS4's Crash Bandicoot starter pack?

Got the starter pack from Target for $40, need to decide if I want to keep it.
Yes - there's apparently no separate level piece like the Aviary or the Tree House; just place Crash or Neo Cortex on the portal.

With only 10 rather short stages (not counting Adventure Packs), I'm wondering if there's enough game in Imaginators to make good use of the six Senseis and four Creation Crystals that I have, let alone purchasing any more.

With only 10 rather short stages (not counting Adventure Packs), I'm wondering if there's enough game in Imaginators to make good use of the six Senseis and four Creation Crystals that I have, let alone purchasing any more.
I just picked up Imaginators recently though I don't plan on playing it for quite a while since it playing the games in order and working on finishing Swap Force at 100%. I have a bunch of crystals and trap masters lined up for Trap Team, and Superchargers with a couple extra figures on standby.

What is needed to unlock everything in Imaginators in regards to special characters/crystals/traps like in the previous games?

P.S. I noticed the portal in Imaginators is the same old one from Swap Force. That surprised me is they added new features in other games and seemingly just removed them.

I just picked up Imaginators recently though I don't plan on playing it for quite a while since it playing the games in order and working on finishing Swap Force at 100%. I have a bunch of crystals and trap masters lined up for Trap Team, and Superchargers with a couple extra figures on standby.

What is needed to unlock everything in Imaginators in regards to special characters/crystals/traps like in the previous games?

P.S. I noticed the portal in Imaginators is the same old one from Swap Force. That surprised me is they added new features in other games and seemingly just removed them.
Someone else on page 65, dated around the 17th or 18th of October, detailed the cheapest way to get everything you need to get 100% (to recap: all ten creation crystals, senseis spanning all ten elements and all ten battle skills, the Crash Bandicoot set and the other two adventure packs).

Can anyone clarify the relationship between your Creation Crystals and what senseis you have? I know that what you get as far as attack options is dependent upon whether or not you have senseis with the corresponding element and battle skill in your collection. What I don't understand is do both element and battle skill have to be present within one sensei? If so, what is the penalty for having the element/battle skill split between two senseis? For instance, if I have the starter pack (with Water Brawler King Pen and Earth Sorcerer Golden Queen), and choose to make an Earth brawler, will it be weaker than if I made an Earth Sorcerer?

You need 1 of each Sensei Element and Class (10 elements, 10 classes.. I made a cheapest 100% post earlier) along with Crash and the two adventure packs.

Crystals are optional, but add a huge touch of both originality and make you really feel like you're part of the game.. 1 of each crystal element is needed if you want to get the 100% bonus for having each element and class player made.

REPOST FOR YOU

----

Cheapest Way to get 100% access to the game

To get 100% access to the game and every level, you need 1 of every Sensei Element and Class, along with every Creation Crystal element, Crash Bandicoot, and the two adventure packs

Base Starter Pack (These come with all starters)

-Golden Queen (Earth Sorcerer)

-King Pen (Water Brawler)

-Fire Crystal

Sensei

Aurora (Light Swashbuckler)

Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger)

Flare Wolf (Fire Bazooker)

Dr. Krankcase (Tech Quickshot)

Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

Wild Storm (Air Knight)

Hood Sickle (Dark Sentinel)

Adventure Packs

Gryphon Park Observatory

-Air Strike (Air Brawler)

-Earth Crystal

Treehouse

-Boom Bloom (Life Ninja)

-Air Crystal

Crash Pack (Comes with the Crash Starter for PS3/PS4, or bought separately)

-Crash Bandicoot (Life Brawler)

-Dr. Neo Cortex (Tech Sorcerer, WHY is he Sorcerer!?)

Crystals

Dark Crystal

Life Crystal

Light Crystal

Magic Crystal

Tech Crystal
Undead Crystal
Water Crystal

The Dark Pack comes with a Wolfgang (Undead Bowslinger), and two more crystal (Life and Dark) for $100. If you purchase this one, buy Pain-yatta (Magic Smasher), instead of Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger). Do not buy Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

There you go, the cheapest way to get access to every area and level in the game with as few duplicate powers/elements.

You can buy Crystals early, and get another with the adventure packs, but that's up to you. Most of the character will be released before Christmas 2016.

----

Certain chars like Wild Storm won't be released till 2017 however.

Can anyone clarify the relationship between your Creation Crystals and what senseis you have? I know that what you get as far as attack options is dependent upon whether or not you have senseis with the corresponding element and battle skill in your collection. What I don't understand is do both element and battle skill have to be present within one sensei? If so, what is the penalty for having the element/battle skill split between two senseis? For instance, if I have the starter pack (with Water Brawler King Pen and Earth Sorcerer Golden Queen), and choose to make an Earth brawler, will it be weaker than if I made an Earth Sorcerer?
For the Creation Crystals, you pick the Battle Skill. A sensei of the corresponding Battle Skill unlocks a "secret technique," which I believe is one of the attacks in the third skill tree (there are other attack options if you don't have a Sensei). However - to my knowledge - that's the only way the Senseis influence the Creation Crystal (other than each Sensei adding a customization chest and increasing the max level cap by 1 per sensei you have).

As an example, I bought an Air Creation Crystal and made him a Ninja. I had no Air or Ninja Senseis - and I didn't see any issues (i.e. weaker).

REPOST FOR YOU

----

Cheapest Way to get 100% access to the game

To get 100% access to the game and every level, you need 1 of every Sensei Element and Class, along with every Creation Crystal element, Crash Bandicoot, and the two adventure packs

Base Starter Pack (These come with all starters)

-Golden Queen (Earth Sorcerer)

-King Pen (Water Brawler)

-Fire Crystal

Sensei

Aurora (Light Swashbuckler)

Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger)

Flare Wolf (Fire Bazooker)

Dr. Krankcase (Tech Quickshot)

Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

Wild Storm (Air Knight)

Hood Sickle (Dark Sentinel)

Adventure Packs

Gryphon Park Observatory

-Air Strike (Air Brawler)

-Earth Crystal

Treehouse

-Boom Bloom (Life Ninja)

-Air Crystal

Crash Pack (Comes with the Crash Starter for PS3/PS4, or bought separately)

-Crash Bandicoot (Life Brawler)

-Dr. Neo Cortex (Tech Sorcerer, WHY is he Sorcerer!?)

Crystals

Dark Crystal

Life Crystal

Light Crystal

Magic Crystal

Tech Crystal
Undead Crystal
Water Crystal

The Dark Pack comes with a Wolfgang (Undead Bowslinger), and two more crystal (Life and Dark) for $100. If you purchase this one, buy Pain-yatta (Magic Smasher), instead of Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger). Do not buy Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

There you go, the cheapest way to get access to every area and level in the game with as few duplicate powers/elements.

You can buy Crystals early, and get another with the adventure packs, but that's up to you. Most of the character will be released before Christmas 2016.

----

Certain chars like Wild Storm won't be released till 2017 however.

Thank you very much for posting this! I must say I doubt I'll go all in on this one. I dove deep into Swap Force and got all of the swap abilities to unlock every level, spending way too much IMO. Now I have 5 trap masters and all elemental crystals except light/dark lined up for Trap Team. With Superchargers I have the dark edition, plus an air vehicle and matching character. And with Imaginators I have the Crash bundle standalone, nothing else.

Thank you very much for posting this! I must say I doubt I'll go all in on this one. I dove deep into Swap Force and got all of the swap abilities to unlock every level, spending way too much IMO. Now I have 5 trap masters and all elemental crystals except light/dark lined up for Trap Team. With Superchargers I have the dark edition, plus an air vehicle and matching character. And with Imaginators I have the Crash bundle standalone, nothing else.
The problem with Trap Masters, is only TM can open up the elemental gates related to them, but any master can trap any Villain and Break any Traptanium you find.

Trap Masters sucks because you need 1 of ever trap element, 1 of every TM element, and 1 Mini Lander of every element.

The problem with Trap Masters, is only TM can open up the elemental gates related to them, but any master can trap any Villain and Break any Traptanium you find.
Trap Masters sucks because you need 1 of ever trap element, 1 of every TM element, and 1 Mini Lander of every element.
Okay if don't mind me trying to confirm this:

Swap Force: I have one of every type of Swap though I didn't buy all 16 characters. Plus I have a ton of 'regular' figures as well. This allows me to open every gate, from special Swap ability ones, dual gates, and standalone elemental ones.

Trap Team: haven't started yet. I own some regular figures, 8 elemental crystals plus Kaos, and 5 Trap Masters of various types. If I wanted to open every gate, what else would I need?

Superchargers: I own the dark edition for PS4 plus thrillipede and his air vehicle. Would this allow me to do everything? Barring of course the $30 or so expansion packs, I'm just referring to gates only.

Okay if don't mind me trying to confirm this:

Swap Force: I have one of every type of Swap though I didn't buy all 16 characters. Plus I have a ton of 'regular' figures as well. This allows me to open every gate, from special Swap ability ones, dual gates, and standalone elemental ones.

Trap Team: haven't started yet. I own some regular figures, 8 elemental crystals plus Kaos, and 5 Trap Masters of various types. If I wanted to open every gate, what else would I need?

Superchargers: I own the dark edition for PS4 plus thrillipede and his air vehicle. Would this allow me to do everything? Barring of course the $30 or so expansion packs, I'm just referring to gates only.
To open all the gates in the Trap Team story, you need 1 trap master of all 10 elements.

Then there are spots where only the mini-skylanders can enter

In Supercharges all you need is 1 of each vehicle type (1 land, 1 sky, 1 sea), BUT... there are elemental doors in your primary hub which can only be opened by a vehicle of the same type... it switches every time you leave and come back but is little more than a diversion.

To open all the gates in the Trap Team story, you need 1 trap master of all 10 elements.

Then there are spots where only the mini-skylanders can enter

In Supercharges all you need is 1 of each vehicle type (1 land, 1 sky, 1 sea), BUT... there are elemental doors in your primary hub which can only be opened by a vehicle of the same type... it switches every time you leave and come back but is little more than a diversion.
Makes me long for the days of Spyro's Adventure again, where you only needed one character of each element (of which there were only 8), with the starter pack including 3. There were the adventure packs too, but those also worked with the sequel, Giants.

If anyone still needs Trap Team items, Best Buy has some Trap Masters for $4.99 / $3.99 (GCU) for Deal of the Day and the PS4 and Wii Starter Packs for $11.99 with GCU (although they have been around that price before).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-skylanders-20161201

Thank you for the heads up! I wish they had more available. I'm trying to collect the rest of the elements I'm missing so I can open the gates. Still looking for tech, air, and undead. Do you know if light and dark are required too?

If anyone still needs Trap Team items, Best Buy has some Trap Masters for $4.99 / $3.99 (GCU) for Deal of the Day and the PS4 and Wii Starter Packs for $11.99 with GCU (although they have been around that price before).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-skylanders-20161201
Bought Blastermind, only one of those TM in the offer I don't have yet. Now I have every TM except the two that cannot be found anywhere: Krypt King and Wildfire Lion. Of course, finding Light and Dark traps are also pretty much an impossibility at this point too.

Has anyone seen the Adventure Packs (Gryphon Observatory and Elven Forest) at Gamestop? They're not on their website. I'm trying to decide if I should just get both now at TRU with their B1G1 40% sale or wait for this GS sale....
It's good to see that at least there will be a Skylanders Day, with a date no less. Past SD had good deals, so I'd either wait until they reveal (or someone leaks) the deals, or buy them at TRU and hold on to your receipt in case the GS deals prove to be better, in which case you could buy them at GS and return to TRU.

Thank you for the heads up! I wish they had more available. I'm trying to collect the rest of the elements I'm missing so I can open the gates. Still looking for tech, air, and undead. Do you know if light and dark are required too?
Yeah there are a few light and dark gates, I think Knight Light and Knight Mare have been around MSRP recently although that still is a lot compared to the other figures.

Bought Blastermind, only one of those TM in the offer I don't have yet. Now I have every TM except the two that cannot be found anywhere: Krypt King and Wildfire Lion. Of course, finding Light and Dark traps are also pretty much an impossibility at this point too.
The only way to get the traps at a reasonable price is to probably check eBay and look for Buy it Now listings in bundles where people don't know the value what they have. I paid $55 shipped with Buy It Now for a sealed light trap, dark trap, Knight Mare and Spotlight and sold Spotlight for $32 and Knight Mare for $15 since I already had Knight Mare and didn't want Spotlight enough to not get that much money for it.

Yeah there are a few light and dark gates, I think Knight Light and Knight Mare have been around MSRP recently although that still is a lot compared to the other figures.

The only way to get the traps at a reasonable price is to probably check eBay and look for Buy it Now listings in bundles where people don't know the value what they have. I paid $55 shipped with Buy It Now for a sealed light trap, dark trap, Knight Mare and Spotlight and sold Spotlight for $32 and Knight Mare for $15 since I already had Knight Mare and didn't want Spotlight enough to not get that much money for it.
Don't forget that only TM can open gates. Standard figures like Spotlight cannot, though, ironically, it looks like those standard Light and Dark characters are worth more than their TM counterparts.

Krypt King and Wildfire are at reasonable prices now on eBay.

Is the crash pack gamestop exclusive or are people just finding it easier there? I'm stopping by a gamestop tomorrow to look so hopefully I can find one -- but just wondering if it would be worth the effort of looking elsewhere if it's not at gamestop

Is the crash pack gamestop exclusive or are people just finding it easier there? I'm stopping by a gamestop tomorrow to look so hopefully I can find one -- but just wondering if it would be worth the effort of looking elsewhere if it's not at gamestop
It's not GS exclusive, but it appears that GS got it first. You might want to wait 2 weeks for the upcoming "Skylanders Weekend" sale at GameStop December 17-18.

Krypt King and Wildfire are at reasonable prices now on eBay.
Got a used Krypt King from GS for $6, and with the B2G3 deal going on, got 4 more (mostly Spyro's Adventure era) Skylanders for $5 more. Sadly, they didn't have any Wildfires, but several other GSs in the area do (or so it says in the system). I'll have to check them out tomorrow.

Saw Sensei/Creation Crystal double packs at BB. Had Mysticat and Wolfgang for $15.99 GCU each. Puts it roughly the same Sensei price as WM on BF and about $0.34 more than TRU BF deal, but you don't have to buy 3 here. Not sure if it is a sale or not, but pretty good deal regardless. We still have precious little info beyond the date on the next GS Skylanders Day and whether there will be better deals there or not. Not even GS employees are aware of anything.

Yes, but $1 more, each. than they were on BF, and $2 more than you could have gotten them for at WM. Still a good deal, especially since there are the Wave 3 characters out now you couldn't get back then (though Tidepool and both versions of Chompy Mage are MIA at TRU).

Yes, but $1 more, each. than they were on BF, and $2 more than you could have gotten them for at WM. Still a good deal, especially since there are the Wave 3 characters out now you couldn't get back then (though Tidepool and both versions of Chompy Mage are MIA at TRU).
$1 more when you buy one, but $2 less than GCU is you buy two.

As I said, decent deal.. I know the next Skylander Day is the 17th

Wave 3 showing up at Target

Street Dated for the 9th.

Cy7Js8TUAAEEFBC.jpg

Also, MASSIVE RUMOR CIRCULATING

Due to declining sales, Skylanders 2017 has been canceled.

http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/is-this-the-end-of-skylanders/

I thought Imaginators to be one of the best installments we've seen in a long time, and hoped it would at least be successful enough to keep the franchise going. However, it seems now this is not the case; it's sold worse than the dismal Superchargers, so I can see why they will be tempted to end it. Creation Crystals are an awesome idea, but also make it difficult to continue getting people to buy more stuff each installment. Buying all new crystals to access new features would piss people off. Of course, there may be something to declining sales since Swap Force, the first game that made you buy a whole new set of figures for a bulk of the unlockables, something each installment has done since (taking it to extremes with Trap Team). Maybe it would serve them well to go back to the old idea of new games reusing old characters and enticing sales on new toys through great character designs and awesome or innovative in-game action, rather than unlocking things. Every installment I've bought characters I didn't need for unlocking just because I thought they were cool and/or fun to play as. Well, I'll do my part and help the sales figures so Activision might see fit to keep it alive in some way.

Next week Target will have Buy 2 get 1 Free on all Senseis, which if you do the math, comes down to $10 each, which matches most BF deals. Should Skylanders Day be a disappointment (or not happen at all) at least you don't have to go home empty handed.

Crystals will be 2 for $15, which at $7.50 each is a little more than the $6.67 that TRU had them for, but you have to buy fewer.

I thought Imaginators to be one of the best installments we've seen in a long time, and hoped it would at least be successful enough to keep the franchise going. However, it seems now this is not the case; it's sold worse than the dismal Superchargers, so I can see why they will be tempted to end it. Creation Crystals are an awesome idea, but also make it difficult to continue getting people to buy more stuff each installment. Buying all new crystals to access new features would piss people off. Of course, there may be something to declining sales since Swap Force, the first game that made you buy a whole new set of figures for a bulk of the unlockables, something each installment has done since (taking it to extremes with Trap Team). Maybe it would serve them well to go back to the old idea of new games reusing old characters and enticing sales on new toys through great character designs and awesome or innovative in-game action, rather than unlocking things. Every installment I've bought characters I didn't need for unlocking just because I thought they were cool and/or fun to play as. Well, I'll do my part and help the sales figures so Activision might see fit to keep it alive in some way.
Oh, I loved all of the series.. except Trap Team

Though I feel the market was over saturated due to Disney, and Supercharges was advertised wrong.

Skylanders shouldn't be an every year thing anyway. It's just too damn expensive to buy every year. They should take a year off and come back with something innovative (and not so wallet draining) in 2018.

Skylanders shouldn't be an every year thing anyway. It's just too damn expensive to buy every year. They should take a year off and come back with something innovative (and not so wallet draining) in 2018.
Agreed!
I feel they should do like the dimensions thing.

1 Starter per 2 yrs, then expansions!

I'd prefer them take an 'every other year' approach to new characters/gimmicks and then, on the off years, release a Skylanders game (software only) that uses the prior figures (all being equal and not de-powered) and the prior gimmicks (or some of them). 

Whatever they do, I definitely think there needs to be a narrowing of the different figures/gimmicks introduced for each game and more of them available at launch.  Having Senseis of different classes OR elements (pick one) = great.  Having both = confusing/complicated/pricey.  Just have Sensei gates or Imaginator gates and do away with Element gates (though having the characters designed towards an element would make sense).  I did appreciate Superchargers for only requiring one of each vehicle type to access everything (even though I bought most of them anyway) - and then having a side game that increases replayability. 

And most of the Senseis (not Villains) seem rather uninspired, both from a design and pose standpoint. 

Something about Trap Team still makes it my favorite installment to this day.  I even re-bought it for PS4 ($10) to play it again and picked up 4 new trapmasters from GS ($3.77 or so shipped for each, including Knight Mare, GS online had/has a bonus 30% off used) to have a semi-fresh start.

Biggest problem with Imaginators: All prior Skylanders are completely underpowered to the point of "this is taking too long" 10+ shots/seconds to kill simple grunts.  Switch back to an imaginator and they destroy them in 2-3 shots/seconds.

Superchargers is still the worst to me.  Have yet to finish it (but I bought game-only for PS4 for $4.49 to try again)

BONUS: Trap Team's portal is not only the best looking, but it also works with every single Skylanders game. No other portal does that.  So store away your tiny Giants and fugly Superchargers portals...Trap Team's crystal clear and raised edges (so your figs don't slip off) portal is the only one you need.

Something about Trap Team still makes it my favorite installment to this day. I even re-bought it for PS4 ($10) to play it again and picked up 4 new trapmasters from GS ($3.77 or so shipped for each, including Knight Mare, GS online had/has a bonus 30% off used) to have a semi-fresh start.

Biggest problem with Imaginators: All prior Skylanders are completely underpowered to the point of "this is taking too long" 10+ shots/seconds to kill simple grunts. Switch back to an imaginator and they destroy them in 2-3 shots/seconds.

Superchargers is still the worst to me. Have yet to finish it (but I bought game-only for PS4 for $4.49 to try again)

BONUS: Trap Team's portal is not only the best looking, but it also works with every single Skylanders game. No other portal does that. So store away your tiny Giants and fugly Superchargers portals...Trap Team's crystal clear and raised edges (so your figs don't slip off) portal is the only one you need.
I prefer the Supercharger portal and wish I could use it with TrapTeam so I don't have to listen to the villains scream at me!

And most of the Senseis (not Villains) seem rather uninspired, both from a design and pose standpoint.
Some of the female ones, like Boom Bloom and Chopscotch (a demented little skeleton girl with a giant axe she loves to use - what's not to love?) and Barbella has a cool figure, even if, design-wise, she's pretty much a female Crusher without the voice of Kevin Sorbo. Chain Reaction - a giant with two massive chainsaws - awesome!

Others are cool, but hardly original: looking at them reminds you of other Skylanders like Starcast (Lob-Star) and Ember (cross between Ninjini and Ignitor).

fuck yesh! With the announcement of the Crash Trilogy remake, maybe we'll get a brand new Crash game in 2017! In any case, no more Skylanders! (hopefully forever)
Crash Trilogy Remake (a.k.a. back when Crash was good)? I've still got my original copies of 2 and 3, but still awesome. Using the same game engine in HD like the Sly, Jak, Prince of Persia, and Ratchet & Clank trilogies did won't fly here, though. I also hope they make tweaks to the save system in the first game (it's the reason I no longer have my original copy of that game) to make it more in line with the next two installments. It's better than an all-new adventure, since all the Crash games since 3 have been disappointments (or is it that standards became higher while the series remained the same?).

I did here Crash Team Racing was good, though it is such a Mario Kart 64 ripoff that it borders on plagarism.

Crash Trilogy Remake (a.k.a. back when Crash was good)? I've still got my original copies of 2 and 3, but still awesome. Using the same game engine in HD like the Sly, Jak, Prince of Persia, and Ratchet & Clank trilogies did won't fly here, though. I also hope they make tweaks to the save system in the first game (it's the reason I no longer have my original copy of that game) to make it more in line with the next two installments. It's better than an all-new adventure, since all the Crash games since 3 have been disappointments (or is it that standards became higher while the series remained the same?).

I did here Crash Team Racing was good, though it is such a Mario Kart 64 ripoff that it borders on plagarism.
Save system changes were on the list of features they mentioned when showing it off.

bread's done
Back