Official Skylanders Thread

If anyone is on the fence about that Walmart deal for the 7 Giants, it's s solid deal.

If you have no Giants at all then you should grab that deal if available.

Yeah that is a great deal. Even already owning Hot Head I was considering it until I thought about how much I don't like using the Giants figures except when required because they are so slow.

I've noticed that Five Below stores have Skylanders. Mostly from the Giants era but $5 each. Even the Giants themselves.

The two left ones (Blast Zone and Stealth Elf) are from the Swap Force starter pack. Shroom Boom, Chop Chop, and the canon are from the Giants battle pack. The Spyro Cynder and Jet-Vac are from the Giants starter pack. Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash from a triple pack.

Then you have the Fire Kraken from Swap Force, Legendary Grim Creeper, Swap Force Pop Fizz, and another random Flameslinger.

There's nothing particularly rare or valuable in there. But good news is, Drobot and Flameslinger are both very good in the first game.
Fixed that for you. :D/

But I'd say that's a decent deal for $14.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Skylanders for the first time. Found 14 characters for $14 at a yard sale. I have no idea if I got a good deal or not since I know nothing about them lol but I thought it might be worth a shot.pics coming sooA
Any Skylander that is in good condition is worth $1.00 unless you already own it, or it's in a starter pack you plan on buying at some point. Swappers for that price is a steal. None are rare (though there are very few rare Skylanders outside of special releases), but there's some good for gameplay, such as Pop Fizz and Fire Kracken, who is a lot of fun.

Toys R Us has the Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U bundle for $199 through the end of the month.

In spite of the fact I already own a Wii U (32 GB vs. the 8 GB that comes in this bundle), the exclusive figure (bought it off someone who purchased the bundle), already own SWAP Force (twice for the Wii and once already for the Wii U)... I was tempted to buy this. Wish I could come up with some legal way to get another $50 or so off. ;)

I caught that deal for all those giant figures from walmart. This is after i had walked into a BB and got an eye brawl for 7 bucks since it was on clearance. I also bought a triple pack for prism break, lightning rod and drill sergeant. I am gonna return eye brawl and get the swap force starter. I think the only element i am missing is fire and undead. I was looking into getting a series 3 chop chop and eruptor,

So I can confirm that the mcdonalds toys have a $10 off trap team coupon. I'll post pictures later!
Not sure on the expiration date of that coupon, but if you can still find any of the General Mills cereals with the Skylanders banner wrapped around the box the coupon on the inside(you have to cut out the box to retrieve said coupon) is good until 1/31/16. If you haven't already bought Trap Team yet, it would be a good opportunity to hold out for a good sale on one without having to worry about a soon-to-expire expiration date. Plus there is also a $1 off coupon for any Trap Team figure(excludes traps).

I am not sure. I doubt that you can. The way the box looks, the figure is in the middle of the box a few inches off of the bottom of the box. The reason why the normal figures seem to work with portals in the games, is because the characters are near the bottom of the packaging.

I was curious about the same thing, using Eon's Elite while in packaging, I think I remember watching a video from Skylander Boy and Girl on youtube where the father used an Eon's Elite on the portal in its packaging. I'd probably have to go look at his review again to confirm.

Can you actually keep these in the box and still be able to use them in game?
The box is made so they can be taken out and used and then returned for display (even the outside shiny box, if you can get the price sticker off without damage). The only thing you remove is the tape around it and the plastic insert that keeps it upright in shipping. The base has a sticky patch to keep the figure in place for display. The box is well made.

Eon's Elite aren't going to be worth anything long term, they are basically clearancing them out - they were over-produced and over-priced. They look great though, and the sale price is a good deal for how nice they look. Enjoy them, play with them then put them back in the display box - don't buy them as an "investment". They cost about the price of a regular figure now anyways.

Not sure on the expiration date of that coupon, but if you can still find any of the General Mills cereals with the Skylanders banner wrapped around the box the coupon on the inside(you have to cut out the box to retrieve said coupon) is good until 1/31/16. If you haven't already bought Trap Team yet, it would be a good opportunity to hold out for a good sale on one without having to worry about a soon-to-expire expiration date. Plus there is also a $1 off coupon for any Trap Team figure(excludes traps).
This is an awesome coupon considering it doesn't expire until 2016. I can see these going for $19.99 this Christmas, so possibly below $10 after coupon. Think I will hold out for that!

The box is made so they can be taken out and used and then returned for display (even the outside shiny box, if you can get the price sticker off without damage). The only thing you remove is the tape around it and the plastic insert that keeps it upright in shipping. The base has a sticky patch to keep the figure in place for display. The box is well made.

Eon's Elite aren't going to be worth anything long term, they are basically clearancing them out - they were over-produced and over-priced. They look great though, and the sale price is a good deal for how nice they look. Enjoy them, play with them then put them back in the display box - don't buy them as an "investment". They cost about the price of a regular figure now anyways.
Yea, I'm not buying them as an investment, but I do like the idea of keeping them in the packaging or at least putting them back in there for display purposes. Also gives the feeling that these skylanders are "special" to my kids as opposed to the other figures that have been tossed in a toy box somewhere, lol.

How many total elites are there?

I have an Eon Whirlwind and it does work through the packaging but takes up the whole portal.
Thanks for the confirmation, figured you would only be able to use one at a time on the portals.

Yea, I'm not buying them as an investment, but I do like the idea of keeping them in the packaging or at least putting them back in there for display purposes. Also gives the feeling that these skylanders are "special" to my kids as opposed to the other figures that have been tossed in a toy box somewhere, lol.

How many total elites are there?

Thanks for the confirmation, figured you would only be able to use one at a time on the portals.
8 total

one for each element

I can also confirm that you can use the Elites in the package.

PROTip - get a second portal (for any system, any game) and place it right next to the portal connected to your system. Do not connect or power the second portal in any way. It now "extends" the range of your first portal, allowing you to use multiple in-package figures at once.

Do you guys think that these elite figures will go even cheaper? Judging by the stock locator here every GameStop has plenty to go around. I am going to pick up one this weekend though.

Do you guys think that these elite figures will go even cheaper? Judging by the stock locator here every GameStop has plenty to go around. I am going to pick up one this weekend though.
probably, they arent even marked in store and the employees werent even aware they were on sale. i got the last stealth elf and trigger happy at the store i was at, but there was at least 2 of every other one there and about 5 of the terrafin and chop chop

Best Buy has a deal right now, all Skylanders Swap Force Three Packs, and Battle packs are $20.

I've never bought a lightcore Skylander before. Do they just have that light attack when you put them on the portal, or do they also have exclusive wowpow attacks?

Skylanders are now in McDonald's Happy Meals. Once again, they include a coupon for $1 off current Skylanders figures.

Tip: Many McDonald's have a family night when the Happy Meals are half price.

I got the coupon from the happy meal and the cereal but neither would work at GameStop on the elite figure. My McDonalds has food fight and a happy meal costs $3.67 after 8% NY state tax. The. other McD's charges even more for a happy meal.

Some of the stores here are out of Spyro, but my 2 locals had plenty, so if you want some maybe pick that one up first which is what I did.

I got the coupon from the happy meal and the cereal but neither would work at GameStop on the elite figure.
I'm speaking with rather old info here, so this may not be current - but, basically, GameStop really doesn't take coupons. Think about it - outside of Skylanders, how often do coupons for video games actually exist? Their computers just aren't set up for it.

When we ran into this issue before with GameStop, several people called corporate and were just told GS doesn't take coupons. Meanwhile, many folks were able to get their local GS to take the coupon and just do a price adjustment on the figure/starter pack. Mine took the $10 off coupon for me back in the day.

Basically, it's a YMMV thing with GS and coupons.

I can also confirm that you can use the Elites in the package.
PROTip - get a second portal (for any system, any game) and place it right next to the portal connected to your system. Do not connect or power the second portal in any way. It now "extends" the range of your first portal, allowing you to use multiple in-package figures at once.
Found this old picture hanging around that might make what I'm explaining here a little more clear.

2013-02-02014217_zpsf5606037.jpg

$3.67 sounds like a bargain. They're $4.99 where I live!
Wow that's crazy how prices vary across the country. I am always thinking how expensive everything is where I live but someone always has it worse..

The happy meal used to be 1.99 here, even during one of the skylanders promo's it was 1.99 for some time.

I've never bought a lightcore Skylander before. Do they just have that light attack when you put them on the portal, or do they also have exclusive wowpow attacks?
I'm not aware of any exclusive Lightcore Wowpow attacks, though many are series 2 or later, earning them those attacks.

Toys R Us is having a crazy Skylanders sale in this week's ad. 50% off all Spyro's Adventure and Giants single core figures. All Spyro's Adventure and Giants three packs and Adventure packs are $5. (An even better deal than the 50% off of the single figures, in my opinion) And, 50% off all Lightcore Giants and Swap Force single core figures.

Toys R Us is having a crazy Skylanders sale in this week's ad. 50% off all Spyro's Adventure and Giants single core figures. All Spyro's Adventure and Giants three packs and Adventure packs are $5. (An even better deal than the 50% off of the single figures, in my opinion) And, 50% off all Lightcore Giants and Swap Force single core figures.
Damn. Really wanted to pick up the Adventure packs from the first game, but I'm guessing all the local stores will be cleaned out (and the website won't let you do in store pickup on either.)

Has anyone picked up the McDonald's happy meal toys? I was wondering if the coupons were added to the meal like a flyer or if they were printed on the happy meal box or something

Has anyone picked up the McDonald's happy meal toys? I was wondering if the coupons were added to the meal like a flyer or if they were printed on the happy meal box or something
They're in the toy bag with the toy. Like the little sheet that shows you all the other toys to get

Hello.  Most may know this already, but Best Buy is offering a free Volcanic Eruptor with any Skylanders purchase this week.  Some Best Buy stores with a Samsung electronics section are also offering a free Volcanic Eruptor today along with a slap braclet for trying the game on a Samsung pad (from 1:00 to 4:00, Sunday only).  

bread's done
Back