Official Skylanders Thread

Just an update. Got my trap team starter today for 3ds. PMED target.com for 30.49-cartwheel-10 cereal coupon - red card=5.24+ tax.

Heading to gamestop to trade in the figures since I already own them both. Gusto=6 and barkley=2.

Paid just under 6 bucks for the 3ds game and portal and 9 bucks gs credit.

Today was a good day.

Also, this target I went to PMED at the electronics counter so, I might have found my new favorite target.
I may have to try this also. I am sitting on 4-5 coupons and have been contemplating picking up the tablet version for my daughter. I may also see what other trade in deals are out there, provided I can get this to work.

Oh, thanks! With Mirror of Mystery, I really just want Deja Vu and i don't mind waiting. Should I buy now or wait until closer to Superchargers and hope the older adventure packs will be discounted further?

EDIT: Eh, what the heck I'll just grab it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thanks! With Mirror of Mystery, I really just want Deja Vu and i don't mind waiting. Should I buy now or wait until closer to Superchargers and hope the older adventure packs will be discounted further?

EDIT: Eh, what the heck I'll just grab it.
I, just a few minutes ago, picked up Legendary Deja Vu on AWD for 4.97. AWD is always a good place to check for Skylanders.

Just an update. Got my trap team starter today for 3ds. PMED target.com for 30.49-cartwheel-10 cereal coupon - red card=5.24+ tax.

Heading to gamestop to trade in the figures since I already own them both. Gusto=6 and barkley=2.

Paid just under 6 bucks for the 3ds game and portal and 9 bucks gs credit.

Today was a good day.

Also, this target I went to PMED at the electronics counter so, I might have found my new favorite target.
Success! I did a pm to Target's website for the tablet version(24.99), then added in the coupon and CW. Came out to around $2.50+ tax. The guy was very wowed at the deal I got. He could not figure out how I got it so cheap but was really impressed.

TRUEvent.png

Just a heads up for those that are still looking for older figures, I work at TJ Maxx and just this week we got in some Swap Force, Giants, and even Adventure figures. I got Glow in the Dark Quickdraw Rattleshake, Jade Fire Kraken and Rubble Rouser for $5.99 each, and Chill (Giants) for 4.99 because I didn't have him. There were other figures but I already had them, the Adventure ones were priced at 3.99 (the only one I remember is Prism Break). These may not be GREAT deals, but Rattle Shake was priced for $12 on Amazon so I consider that one at least to be.

So I went to the TRU Superchargers event with the kids. They got to play it for about a half hour, because the turnout was nearly zero. The game looked to be lots of fun, and the kids enjoyed it.

The employee gave me a paper with some deals going on, starting today until 9/19:

* All Spyro's Adventure single figures regularly priced $4.99 are $2
* All Giants single figures regularly priced $7.99 are $3
* All Swap Force single figures regularly priced $10.99 are $4

There were also deals not listed on the paper for multi packs. I noticed Sypro's were $5, Giants were $10 and Swap were $15.

The paper had 2 coupons for Superchargers, valid only on 9/20:

* Buy any Superchargers single figure and vehicle for $22
* Buy any racing pack, get any Superchargers single figure or vehicle for $5

Hopefully there's better deals than this when next week's ads come out.

So I went to the TRU Superchargers event with the kids. They got to play it for about a half hour, because the turnout was nearly zero. The game looked to be lots of fun, and the kids enjoyed it.
The employee gave me a paper with some deals going on, starting today until 9/19:
* All Spyro's Adventure single figures regularly priced $4.99 are $2
* All Giants single figures regularly priced $7.99 are $3
* All Swap Force single figures regularly priced $10.99 are $4
There were also deals not listed on the paper for multi packs. I noticed Sypro's were $5, Giants were $10 and Swap were $15.
The paper had 2 coupons for Superchargers, valid only on 9/20:
* Buy any Superchargers single figure and vehicle for $22
* Buy any racing pack, get any Superchargers single figure or vehicle for $5
Hopefully there's better deals than this when next week's ads come out.
My son played for literally 5 seconds. He was concerned that playing the demo would ruin the story. I wonder if the coupons will be a better deal than BB GCU. I will keep them just in case TRU receives an exclusive?

Yea we went this morning and there was only one other family there.  They couldn't even get the game to work though for the first 20 minutes or so until they moved the portal away from the display unit.  Apparently something was interfering with the portal where they originally put it.  Once it was finally working my son played for about 10 minutes.  There were some in level areas where you got to drive your vehicles around a track hitting jumps and doing tricks.  Looked to be a lot of fun for the kids.  Not sure it will be a day one pickup for us this year since we already have disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions is also coming out soon.  Just too many games that you could sink $100s of dollars into this year.

Superchargers listed in the 9/20 Best Buy ad (from SkylandersInquirer)

Starter Pack $74.99 (Wii U version shown)
BB exclusive Steel Plated Smash Hit (Character pack) $12.99
Dive Clops (Character pack) $12.99
Krypt Crusher (Vehicle pack) $12.99
Game Guide $19.99

That's it. No "buy x, get x" deals. :(

MSRP for vehicles is $14.99, so the $12.99 listed for Krypt Crusher is either a misprint, the sale price for just KK, or the sale price for all vehicles. We'll probably have to wait and see until early Sunday morning when BB.com updates prices for the new week.

The Target ad is out, and everything Superchargers is listed at MSRP. No sales. (thanks to SkylandersInquirer)

I saw this today at the Target near my work (downtown Portland, OR); Swap Force swappers for $3.74 each:

20150916_141138_zpsbudizpxi.jpg

They only had 3 different characters in stock: Spy Rise, Rubble Rouser & Stink Bomb (I needed all three, so I bought 'em!), but multiples of each. They also had the Swap Force starter packs for all systems @ $9.99 (I think) each.

Now, here's the strange part: I checked the DPCI (207-00-1157) on Brickseek once I got back to my office to see if any other Targets in the area had any in stock (for the couple that I'm missing), and it showed them as the full price of $14.99. Can anyone confirm if their Targets are running this?

Oh, and they also had the double-packs of Swappers, but they were also full price at $24.99.

Hope this info can help someone out!!

Cool deal on those swappers, too bad mine hasn't had anything other than Head Rush for months.

Also, Best Buy ad has been seen as well.  No deals other than a misprint of $12.99 for vehicles.  Probably going to get a correction.

Has there been a good article that covers what the minimums one would need to 100% the game? 
They made it clear that to just beat the game you'd only need a land vehicle.

Though, it looks like there's elemental vehicle gates, so there's ten vehicles needed- not sure if the superchargers are required or not, though.

With Amiibos, Infinity 3 and Lego Dimensions around, I don't want it to be like trap team again where you need 21+ things (ten trap masters, ten traps, Kaos trap)... if they keep at reasonable around 10 or so, I'll be a lot happier.

Gamestop just started a 50% off sale on all Trap Masters and a few core characters making them $7.99 to $4.99. Element traps seem to be excluded.  I'm not tech savvy enough to provide links, but should be easy to find online.

King Cobra Cadabra is a GS exclusive for $4.99 for those interested.

The Eon Elites have been $14.99 at the Gamestop I go to since at least early August.
I know they were on sale a couple months ago (could have been early August?), then they went back up in price. I only listed it because they are currently listed under the "Price Drops" section on the Gamestop website, and they weren't listed there a week ago.

I know they were on sale a couple months ago (could have been early August?), then they went back up in price. I only listed it because they are currently listed under the "Price Drops" section on the Gamestop website, and they weren't listed there a week ago.
There was a sale earlier than that. I think it dropped in August. I assume it was a drop, cause the price stickers were replaced with $14.99 stickers. They don't usually do that for sales.

TRU is having a buy 1, get 1 40% sale next week on Skylanders, Inifnity, and Amiibo.

It won't help much for Superchargers, considering they're overcharging for them ($16.99 for vehicles and $13.99 for characters).

Wow so it's launch day and this isn't on the first page? Guess the excitement for this series has died down. Swore I wasn't going to get this until closer to x-mas, but the excitement of rushing into Best Buy, grabbing all dem shits, running it up on the CC and seeing how happy my kids are makes it worth it. Going to grab the Wii U regular version and whatever figures I can get my hand on. Hopefully with GCU and $40 in certs it will be bearable..

What sucks is it releasing on a Sunday and I did not realize it when I pre-ordered for my son.  Got the Dark WiiU edition for Donkey Kong....trip to BB after I do some work to see what is there...

What sucks is it releasing on a Sunday and I did not realize it when I pre-ordered for my son. Got the Dark WiiU edition for Donkey Kong....trip to BB after I do some work to see what is there...
Should have ordered it at Target when it was $75 for the Dark edition. I did and it came yesterday in the mail.

Ugh standing here in BB bc they have none of the product out. Doesn't matter that i said i am dropping $200. Some guy has been in the back for 15 mins now! Same thing happened with DI 3.0 in release day. So stupid!

Wow so it's launch day and this isn't on the first page? Guess the excitement for this series has died down. Swore I wasn't going to get this until closer to x-mas, but the excitement of rushing into Best Buy, grabbing all dem shits, running it up on the CC and seeing how happy my kids are makes it worth it. Going to grab the Wii U regular version and whatever figures I can get my hand on. Hopefully with GCU and $40 in certs it will be bearable..
This is cheapassgamer.com. People typically won't buy this game on launch day because everyone knows that they'll be able to trivially find it for 50% off or better within two months.

Hell, with Trap team I was able to get the Wii U version, the 3DS version AND the Tablet version for less than the MSRP of the Wii U version, all within just about a month or two after the game released.

This is cheapassgamer.com. People typically won't buy this game on launch day because everyone knows that they'll be able to trivially find it for 50% off or better within two months.

Hell, with Trap team I was able to get the Wii U version, the 3DS version AND the Tablet version for less than the MSRP of the Wii U version, all within just about a month or two after the game released.
I don't know there was a good bit of fervor in getting Infinity 3.0 at MSRP. That said, all the toys to life have major price drops in every category (game, toys, accessories) pretty soon after launch so for those who can wait it's a much better deal. I've still dumped two or three hundred bucks into the silly things but I think I paid less then 20 bucks for each starter pack.

Went to pick up my PS4 preorder from my gamestop for my son. They sent extra ps3's version of the standard game in place of the ps4 edition. Manager gave me the ps4 dark edition at standard price, probably helped that i was a regular.

Fun game so far.

I don't know there was a good bit of fervor in getting Infinity 3.0 at MSRP. That said, all the toys to life have major price drops in every category (game, toys, accessories) pretty soon after launch so for those who can wait it's a much better deal. I've still dumped two or three hundred bucks into the silly things but I think I paid less then 20 bucks for each starter pack.
That's because it's the filthy console peasantry.

Then there WAS the fact that thanks to the stacking of a cartwheel coupon and other coupon, you could get a not-insignificant amount off of the figures.

Was going to wait, but wife was eager, so ordered a Dark PS4 edition for pick-up this morning at BB, went to get it, they set the aisle but hadn't placed any of the new Skylanders on the floor, I asked if they had anything, they pulled ou two baskets full of Skylanders from behind the register. I gotta say, I love GCU. Didn't have Fiesta, my wife's number 1 want, so went to TRU and picked him up with a vehicle, used a coupon they add for $22 for a figure and vehicle, so about the same price as GCU. Game is a lot of fun, plenty of racing, and helps that I really don't care about the amiibo. Look cheap IMO. Reviewer on Kotaku.com already broke his DK vehicle trying to get it out of the package.

Can someone explain exactly what the Kaos trophy does in the dark starter pack?

I've read that it unlocks Kaos and his vehicle to use during online races..... is that it? Does it unlock any extra content beyond that?

I've read that it unlocks Kaos and his vehicle to use during online races..... is that it? Does it unlock any extra content beyond that?
Have not used it yet, but that's the poster given away at TRU said, although it didn't mention Kaos having his own car, but it makes sense.

Has there been a good article that covers what the minimums one would need to 100% the game?
They made it clear that to just beat the game you'd only need a land vehicle.

Though, it looks like there's elemental vehicle gates, so there's ten vehicles needed- not sure if the superchargers are required or not, though.

With Amiibos, Infinity 3 and Lego Dimensions around, I don't want it to be like trap team again where you need 21+ things (ten trap masters, ten traps, Kaos trap)... if they keep at reasonable around 10 or so, I'll be a lot happier.
From the review on Gamespot, there are no elemental gates - just three types of vehicles: land, sea, air. Get one of each, and you can see everything the game has to offer. Get a figure and vehicle with the same elements, and they get Supercharged, which probably means better stats. Not sure how else elements play into it. I also heard only "drivers" can upgrade the vehicles, though any Skylanders can use them.

I don't see a Skylanders thread, so I figured I'd start one. If there's an existing one someone would like to resurrect, go ahead, or if there's a different site that deals with Skylanders better than this one, do tell, otherwise, here's the current deals:

Target - This Week - 40% off all traps with Cartwheel App.
Next Week - All Skylanders (including expansion and adventure sets) 25% off.

Amazon occasionally gets Kaos traps in stock. When it is offered, you may have to hit "add to cart" multiple times before it will work. Also has Earth, Air, Kaos 3 pack for $14.99

Best Buy - This week - Nothing
Next week - B1G1 50% off Trapmasters only.
Any proof on Target's 25% off next week?
If so, I'm buying the Dark Edition of SuperChargers

I also heard only "drivers" can upgrade the vehicles, though any Skylanders can use them.
I may be wrong, or may be misinterpreting you, but from what I was told, the drivers can have vehicle mods. Other users can have the base vehicle.

For the most part, it's not worth not having mods.

Apparently it's Dark Edition exclusive and allows you play as Kaos and drive a vehicle specific to him. Not sure how that works but I have a feeling its in a specific scenario and not through the whole game.

bread's done
Back