Official Skylanders Thread

I bought both and we don't even have superchargers yet but its a for sure buy for the kids for Christmas just waiting on a better price like black Friday 1/2 off like the last  few years have been. Hopefully walmart does it again seeing how prices are effective the whole day even though they advertise it for certain hours only.Me and the wife went in there last year early morning and no one was there and loaded up on black Friday prices before the sale was even supposed to start. Did self checkout with any hassles :)

Did anyone else get a Skylanders lanyard? The guy at the counter seemed to think I was supposed to get one for buying Nintendo stuff, but he said he was out and gave me a Skylanders lanyard instead. (Definitely would love to trade with someone who'd rather have Skylanders for their kid than Smash Bros..)

Black Friday always has the best Skylanders Deals. I got Trap Team for $20 last year, and Trap Masters for $9 each, standard Skylanders were $4. I imagine that this year, Vehicles will probably be $10 and Skylanders will be $7 each. The starter pack will probably be $30 or under, and the dark edition will probably be $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sea Shadow is now $6.68. I bit. Probably will regret it on BF, but I doubt even then if it will be much cheaper. What I do find strange is how tiny these vehicles are. How in the world are Skylanders supposed to fit inside them?

So you traded them all in just to buy them again? lol
Nope!
I re-bought the bare minimum to 100% every game for far far less then I originally bought or sold them for.

Like $2 for a swap force member, etc.

AKA 1 of each core element figure that I liked, 1 giant, etc etc.

Oh for other people who are part of the Skylander's Club

There is an error on the coupon, it says you get $9.99 off a char.. but if you buy a Core Lander or Supercharger (not vehicle, $12.99) either are free.

The first Skylanders deal of Black Friday has arrived! Five Below will have Swap Force figures for $5! There is some weird print at the bottom saying that the deal comes with three figures. Not sure if that means you can only buy three of them at $5 each, or if it's a Swap Force three pack for $5.

Picked up the WiiU version of Superchargers for the kids for $32.74 before tax after price match and cartwheel.  

No issues at the customer service counter (they were quite busy though.)  

They didn't need reprints, they just need to make 20 characaters each next one with the occasional variant and thats it. Having to buy 30 characters each game is overkill.

They didn't need reprints, they just need to make 20 characaters each next one with the occasional variant and thats it. Having to buy 30 characters each game is overkill.
Yea I agree...

I had every character and sold them all the Gamestop earlier this year.. now I have the bare min

I think the fact that they got too big too fast is biting them in the ass. Having to program over 300 different characters/variants into each game is making them buggier and buggier. Trap Team had a ton of bugs, and my friend says that SuperChargers has even more than Trap Team. I still want the game, but I'm burned out on Skylanders. I think Skylanders 6 should be the very last one, but knowing Activision, they will run this into the ground. Eventually we'll have Skylanders Girlz dolls, and Skylanders Running Out of Ideas Force.

I think the fact that they got too big too fast is biting them in the ass. Having to program over 300 different characters/variants into each game is making them buggier and buggier. Trap Team had a ton of bugs, and my friend says that SuperChargers has even more than Trap Team. I still want the game, but I'm burned out on Skylanders. I think Skylanders 6 should be the very last one, but knowing Activision, they will run this into the ground. Eventually we'll have Skylanders Girlz dolls, and Skylanders Running Out of Ideas Force.
I find Super Chargers to be one of, if not the best game in series
Trap Team is the worst, and very buggy. I think they just carry over the chars from the previous game honestly.

I thinkt he problem is, the market is flooded now.

It's the Guitar Hero situation all over again. There were like six or seven different music games with plastic instruments on the market at the same time, and then everything went downhill. It's good to hear the SuperChargers is good. It looks good. I like the new art style on the Skylanders. They look like Pixar characters now, and they seem to have more unique personalities than ever before.

It's the Guitar Hero situation all over again. There were like six or seven different music games with plastic instruments on the market at the same time, and then everything went downhill. It's good to hear the SuperChargers is good. It looks good. I like the new art style on the Skylanders. They look like Pixar characters now, and they seem to have more unique personalities than ever before.
I love it, no more start and stop gameplay.. you can walk away when the NPCs begin talking

I'll get vehicles at GS for the extra $1 on BF to ensure I don't get mauled by crazy people. Plus, I'm sure they count towards that Skylanders Club promo. Too bad they don't have Eon's Elite figures for $15. I'd get the new ones for sure!

You know, I regret selling the Trap Team figures because certain ones are now impossible to find.

They've all been removed from the Gamestop Site

Specifically Knight Light and Knight Mare, and with Black Friday buy 2 get 3..... well I was going to get them back and a few minor so I can 100% Trap Team as well.

You know, I regret selling the Trap Team figures because certain ones are now impossible to find.

They've all been removed from the Gamestop Site

Specifically Knight Light and Knight Mare, and with Black Friday buy 2 get 3..... well I was going to get them back and a few minor so I can 100% Trap Team as well.
The last time I was in TRU I saw both those figures in the single packs. If you're talking about the Light and Dark Element Expansion Packs, I don't think you'll be able to find those anywhere now. I was lucky enough to run across one of each a few weeks ago when TRU had their BOGO 40% off. I guess they must have found them in the back somewhere.

This should be a wake-up call for them. We don't need a new game every year - one every 2-3 years, which will give it extra depth and polish, would be just fine. Seems the industry doesn't learn from Mario, Zelda, and MGS. All three are over 25 years old, abd still going strong, but I bet they'd all be gone today had they come out in yearly sequels.

Have the superchargers dark edition for wii u ever been on a significant sale?
was expecting a black friday deal but it seems like only regular ones are getting price drops :(

Will this stack with the current buy 1, get 1 40% off sale?
Was just there and picked up a few figures. The sale does not stack with the BOGO 40% off. The $5 off $25 coupon does work on them though. Add that to the 10% off with the TRU charge card today, and it makes an excellent deal.

This should be a wake-up call for them. We don't need a new game every year - one every 2-3 years, which will give it extra depth and polish, would be just fine. Seems the industry doesn't learn from Mario, Zelda, and MGS. All three are over 25 years old, abd still going strong, but I bet they'd all be gone today had they come out in yearly sequels.
Kids don't have that kind of attention span and that's who they are marketing toward with these games. Their interest comes and goes and wanes fast. 2-3 years a game with new figures would be suicide for the franchise to do it that way. And funny you mention the word polish as devs don't give a shit, it's all about the quantity. The games you mentioned are polar opposites to Sylanders in every aspect so that comparison doesn't hold in the slightest.

if I price match to Best Buy

should I order normal price first then call or call and have them place the order ?

considering doing it now so I don't even have to mess with going out on Black Friday.

Was just there and picked up a few figures. The sale does not stack with the BOGO 40% off. The $5 off $25 coupon does work on them though. Add that to the 10% off with the TRU charge card today, and it makes an excellent deal.
Thanks for the info. I figured it wouldn't stack. You saved me a trip to TRU.

Damn, went to Target to price match a starter set for $40 to Amazon and they changed the price on their site while I was driving there.

What is this $5 off $25 coupon for TRU?

Also, I have 2 kids that will want to race in split screen. Will they each need their own vehicle type to race against each other? Or will having just the 1 DK land vehicle allow them to both use it?

bread's done
Back