Official Skylanders Thread

I think oversaturation is the main problem. Not every parent is as stupid as I am and got their kids Infinity 3.0, Superchargers, AND Lego for Christmas.

I just bought Splat and her vehicle, Eruptor and his vehicle and Nighfall and his vehicle. $47.48 b/c of the buy vehicle receive free vehicle. Associate was not aware of sale. Will return vehicles I bought last week tomorrow.

I just bought Splat and her vehicle, Eruptor and his vehicle and Nighfall and his vehicle. $47.48 b/c of the buy vehicle receive free vehicle. Associate was not aware of sale. Will return vehicles I bought last week tomorrow.
Where the hell are you finding all these TRU offers? No posts about them, nothing in the weekly ads. I also thought Nightfall was a GS exclusive. If she is elsewhere, does that mean Splat's boat might be at other retailers besides TRU? I haven't seen any so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also thought Nightfall was a GS exclusive. If she is elsewhere, does that mean Splat's boat might be at other retailers besides TRU? I haven't seen any so far.
Nightfall wasn't a real GS exclusive, only exclusive for a week (mostly so they had something to advertise for Skylanders day). Splats boat and the other two vehicles that are at TRU right now are also likely just timed exclusives.

Where the hell are you finding all these TRU offers? No posts about them, nothing in the weekly ads. I also thought Nightfall was a GS exclusive. If she is elsewhere, does that mean Splat's boat might be at other retailers besides TRU? I haven't seen any so far.
This was a one day TRU deal. Received email in the morning however it's was posted earlier in the day.

Don't go out of your way for a Nitro Head Rush. Not worth the drive. I'm sure one day Target will finally clearance it and you'll be able to get a dirt cheap one. It's not scarce at all.

Target online pricing is wonky and sometimes more than in-store pricing.
Yea, I am wondering if she is even worth the time and effort to rebuy in either form.

I had literally every Skylander and traded them in for around 2k over the Summer at BestBuy

(I always bought figures when they were on sale like BOGO, B1G50%, etc).. then felt guilty and rebought the bare minimum to beat every game AND the chars I like.

^^^Mostly the more common clearanced Trap Masters that Best Buy has had for less, although a lot of those either sold out or went back up in price, so this might be the cheapest current price.  They do have Knight Mare which is probably the best deal of the bunch. Twin pack minis are decent too.

Well I only missing 4 masters
Short Cut

Ka-Boom

Head Rush

Blastmind

Of them, only Ka-boom really interests me, but I am wondering if I should have the rest for options.

I have enough Corelanders, and they are literally worthless in Trap Team..

Well I only missing 4 masters
Short Cut

Ka-Boom

Head Rush

Blastmind

Of them, only Ka-boom really interests me, but I am wondering if I should have the rest for options.

$7.99 is pretty much the normal price for Blastermind, which I also lack. The other two I need I know I'll never find: Krypt King and Wildfire Lion.

Also, starting tomorrow at TRU, 50% off Superchargers characters and vehicles.

$7.99 is pretty much the normal price for Blastermind, which I also lack. The other two I need I know I'll never find: Krypt King and Wildfire Lion.

I hope the dark ones are half off too

I have picked up both Krypt King and Widfire Lion at GS. With the B2G3 deal you can get those 2 and pretty much any other 3 for $30.

Superchargers only?

See, Blastermind was ok... and while I liked Enigma's LOOK better, Blastermind played better

Shortcut played good, but once again I didn't like his look

Kaboom is a great ranged, area clearing enemy.

Headrush was... horrible.. I didn't try her Yoda but her melee and rush did nothing.

Superchargers only?

See, Blastermind was ok... and while I liked Enigma's LOOK better, Blastermind played better

Shortcut played good, but once again I didn't like his look

Kaboom is a great ranged, area clearing enemy.

Headrush was... horrible.. I didn't try her Yoda but her melee and rush did nothing.
The ad did say Superchargers only.

I found Headrush to be a fun character, who becomes really effective if you unlock the powers when she increases damage when she changes direction. Once that's done, and you keep the charge going, it's sort of like keeping a multiplier going in Tony Hawk. Still, when your elemental counterpart is Wallop, who's one of the best close range fighters in the game, you're going to come out looking pretty sucky.

The ad did say Superchargers only.

I found Headrush to be a fun character, who becomes really effective if you unlock the powers when she increases damage when she changes direction. Once that's done, and you keep the charge going, it's sort of like keeping a multiplier going in Tony Hawk. Still, when your elemental counterpart is Wallop, who's one of the best close range fighters in the game, you're going to come out looking pretty sucky.
Yep, I loved Wallop.

Bat Spin, while crappy at low levels, is nearly invincible once powered up. Easily as powerful as any Trap Master at that point, she's the only Core I managed to take down a boss with unassisted. Deja Vu is also really effective, once you get used to her mechanics.

Bat Spin, while crappy at low levels, is nearly invincible once powered up. Easily as powerful as any Trap Master at that point, she's the only Core I managed to take down a boss with unassisted. Deja Vu is also really effective, once you get used to her mechanics.
I usually just use my OP Ghost Roaster (and yep, I did get the Elite)
His Skull Rush was OP in Giant and SPyro

I hope we see Rollerbrawl and Trigger Happy soon.
I do too: Rollerbrawl was one of the most effective cores, one who could hold her own against the Gimmicks (Giants, Swap, Trap) and remain useful even after the gimping of older characters with each new entry. She's also a personal favorite in terms of character design. A punk teenage vampire girl with a passion for roller derbies is just the sort of off-the-wall weirdness the best Skylander character designs have. Her Tomb Buggy vehicle also looks awesome!

Quick question is Splat and her vehicle pretty easy to find at TRU? I won't be able to get there till Thursday and don't want to miss out if stock of them is limited.

Also what is the benefit of getting the WiiU version over the 360 one? Is the Donkey Kong character and vehicle any better than the 360 counterpart? What function does it have in the other Nintendo Amiibo games?

Thanks for the info about the Trap Team characters being 50% off at Amazon.  Any other good deals going on right now for trap team?  My son wants Trap Team for Christmas and not Superchargers - you'd think there would be really good deals right now on Trap Team characters, trying to clear stock for Superchargers....

Damn my skylanders supercharged wii u from gamestop came and there was no game inside. Gamestop isn't gonna believe this crap. It was sealed too

Damn my skylanders supercharged wii u from gamestop came and there was no game inside. Gamestop isn't gonna believe this crap. It was sealed too
Call up Activision and Gamestop asap.. keep the receipt.. you might be able to exchange... bring everything back you can to prove you're as honest as can be.

got this in a TRU email; for members only and in store only, this week only.

I hate bait and switch deals like this, especially since Toys R Us has the highest prices on Skylanders. The 65% off older Skylanders sale that they had going on a week or so back was a much better deal than this. I knew that I should have jumped on it when I saw it. :/
skylanders.png

The fact it was sealed ought to tell you something; not a single one of the eight Skylanders starter packs I bought new at a variety of retailers, had the cases sealed.

Ended up getting this for my son for Xmas at the last second. I went with the 360 version over the WiiU version because we did all the previous games on the 360. Did I screw up going that way is the Donkey Kong that's in WiiU version any good as a Amiibo also? My son does collect the Amiibos also but mostly for the costumes in Super Mario Maker.

Ended up getting this for my son for Xmas at the last second. I went with the 360 version over the WiiU version because we did all the previous games on the 360. Did I screw up going that way is the Donkey Kong that's in WiiU version any good as a Amiibo also? My son does collect the Amiibos also but mostly for the costumes in Super Mario Maker.
It functions as a Donkey Kong amiibo as well, yes. You twist the base on the bottom to switch.

Not sure if it's all Toys R Us stores, but the one near me restocked the new vehicles and figures. Was able to get Thump Truck and Splatter Splasher. They also had Shield Striker and plenty of the new wave of drivers, including Nightfall & Splat. All drivers and vehicles still 50% off through Saturday.

TRU was super crazy crowded though, so enter at your own risk.

WARNING
YOUR MILEAGE MY DRASTICALLY VARY

I was just at my local Best Buy, just walking around to try and get out of the house when I noticed all the Trap Master figures were placed on a clearance rack in the Skylanders isle.

I asked a nearby employee if the prices were correct, he'd said he'd check since the hanger was just labeled "Trap Team Clearance $6.99"

I looked closer, and the bottom run of hangers were labeled with the specific Trap Master names, and still at full price.

The employee walked off and I began to fix the shelf so no one else made the mistake. Another employee walked up behind me, and asked if I needed help. I explained everything, and he said he'd give me the Trap Master (Ka-Boom) at the $6.99 price

While talking, I asked if the Skylanders Start Sets were part of the B1G1 40% off sale. The employee said he didn't realize they had such a sale going on, so he opened a flyer to the Game page and saw that indeed it was a sale.

I grabbed the Wii and Wii U Superchargers started set, and he took everything to a nearby register. When the 40% didn't ring up, he pushed the discount and my GCU through.

So good luck and happy hunting!

[attachment=18936:Skylanderdiscount.jpg]

If he already has a Bowser (either one) or Donkey Kong then you didn't screw up. They behave as those figures when in Amiibo mode.

However, the WiiU version tends to run a bit better than the 360 one from my experience, and the second screen is kind of nice. Also, Donkey Kong and Bowser are only functional in Nintendo Superchargers. They don't exist in other console versions.

That current TRU sale is the first time they've had the newer vehicles and figures available for shipping, including Nightfall and Thump Truck. Those usually aren't available online.

Just don't order anything you don't plan on opening since they almost always fall off the cardboard during shipping.

Is the Crypt Crusher getting hard to find? I had to dig through stacks of vehicles to find the last remaining one at TRU last week, and this week it's still sold out online.

That current TRU sale is the first time they've had the newer vehicles and figures available for shipping, including Nightfall and Thump Truck. Those usually aren't available online.
Thats not true at all. They've been going in and out of stock for the past couple of weeks. Even during the 50% off sale they were available to order for shipping. When they get new stock they usually update the site with it in the morning, so it's best to check then.

I don't know if Crypt Crusher's getting rare, but I believe it was the launch vehicle stores received the least of.

It's a good thing I bought the Dark Edition to avoid having two Stealth Elves, and not for the Kaos Cup, because it really sucks! It doesn't have the races and other goodies the Sea, Sky, and Land trophies have. You play as Kaos in air races, and that's it! He doesn't go up in levels, collect currency, or anything else. I don't know why people were making a fuss about it.

Because Kaos is awesome. People wanted him as a playable character since Giants was announced. People finally got their wish in Trap Team, so I imagine that Activision will have a playable version of him in some way, from now on.

Are there any more seasonal or special edition Skylanders planned for Superchargers? Don't want to double dip on any characters I don't have to.

I ended up with 3 Stealth Elfs from Spyro 3DS, SwapForce, and Superchargers starter packs. Seems stupid the last 2 games have skipped on Spyro reposes since he was the main character that started it all.

A local GS has Trap Team Wildfire character used for $13.49. Is the character really rare enough to make that price justified if one wants the character?

A local GS has Trap Team Wildfire character used for $13.49. Is the character really rare enough to make that price justified if one wants the character?
That's about the same price it goes for on ebay as well. I believe that all used items are b2g1 through today, so if you can find a couple more skylanders you need, it will help with the price. You can also wait and hope to find one on Craigslist or a yard sale. I ended up finding one in a lot at a thrift store.

Are there any more seasonal or special edition Skylanders planned for Superchargers? Don't want to double dip on any characters I don't have to.

I ended up with 3 Stealth Elfs from Spyro 3DS, SwapForce, and Superchargers starter packs. Seems stupid the last 2 games have skipped on Spyro reposes since he was the main character that started it all.
Trap Team had two Spyro figures. Eon's Elite Spyro, and Spry who is Spyro in mini form. Also, Swap Force had Mega Ram Spyro. Trap Team is the first game in the series with no new Spyro figure.

bread's done
Back