Official Skylanders Thread

That's about the same price it goes for on ebay as well. I believe that all used items are b2g1 through today, so if you can find a couple more skylanders you need, it will help with the price. You can also wait and hope to find one on Craigslist or a yard sale. I ended up finding one in a lot at a thrift store.
Used interactive figures are B2G3 free until 1/6 at GS, IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV, but you can also "trade in" the figures from the B2G3 deal that you don't want - on the same transaction. You'll get pennies on the dollar, but it will bring your overall cost down a little.

Are there any more seasonal or special edition Skylanders planned for Superchargers? Don't want to double dip on any characters I don't have to.
There's the Easter version of the Dive Bomber vehicle, Easter Thrillipede, a nitro version of the Soda Skimmer, a "power blue" version of Splat and her vehicle. There's also supposedly a "Birthday Bash" version of Pop Fizz coming at some point as well.

Gamestop is hosting another Skylanders' day on Jan 9th!

The biggest news is that Bowser + Vehicle, and DK + Vehicle are now sold separately, along with the Kaos trophy!

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SkylandersDay1-9/

Starter Packs = $39.99

Dark Starter Pack = $59.99

Both come with any previous starter free!

Bowser + Vehicle or Dk + Vehicle = $24.99 each

Kaos Trophy = $7.99

B1G1 Supercharger Figures or Vehicles!

The biggest news is that Bowser + Vehicle, and DK + Vehicle are now sold separately, along with the Kaos trophy!

Starter Packs = $39.99

Kaos Trophy = $7.99

In for the racing air pack and the two combo packs with terrafin and hurricane jet.

Hopefully amazon matches them so i don't have to bother going to a store.

Also wanted to mention that High Volt is on sale at amazon for $6.17 which is 53% off normal price and Smash Hit is $5.97 which is 54% off normal price.

http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-SuperChargers-Character-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B013HJ71V6/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1451804294&sr=1-5&keywords=skylanders+superchargers

At that price I'm in for High Volt but will pass on smash hit since the kids already have the best buy version and there's no sense to get doubles of the same figure anymore.

^^^That's tempting, but might just wait and grab High Volt during GameStop's B1G1 Skylanders Day promo since there's 4 drivers I'm missing.

Any new Skylanders planning to be released for Skylanders Day? There's none in the flyer, so I am guessing not or they would have hyped it up.

I see Sea and Sky Racing Packs, but where's the Land Pack? Also, does anyone know what villains are unlockable in each pack?

So, looking to get into Skylanders but have no idea where to start. I only got a PS4 so Swap Force, Trap Team and SuperChargers are my only choices. Can someone give me a breakdown what's the difference between them all & can the figures be used across all games or just within their specific game?

So, looking to get into Skylanders but have no idea where to start. I only got a PS4 so Swap Force, Trap Team and SuperChargers are my only choices. Can someone give me a breakdown what's the difference between them all & can the figures be used across all games or just within their specific game?
Each game works with all of the previous games figures.

The order they came out is Swap Force->Trap Team->Superchargers. If you just want to be able to play with all figures and not worry which game they came from just get Superchargers.

On Jan 9th Gamestop has Skylanders Day where the starter kit for Superchargers is on sale and if you buy it you get any previous Skylanders starter kit free. You could pick up Supercharagers and Trap Team. That same day figures are buy one get one free, it's a good way to jump in.

On Jan 9th Gamestop has Skylanders Day where the starter kit for Superchargers is on sale and if you buy it you get any previous Skylanders starter kit free. You could pick up Supercharagers and Trap Team. That same day figures are buy one get one free, it's a good way to jump in.
The only flaw in this plan is then you would own trap team

I'm in the exact same scenario as you.. I went ahead and grabbed the Swap Force Starter Kit last night for the PS4 on Amazon for $19. I feel like I'm opening pandora's box.. lol

What got me started into looking into Skylanders was the amazing price at Amazon on the dark edition of SuperChargers.. sadly I got a little greedy when it got to $36 I didn't pull the trigger and I should have as it jumped to $42. It then went down to $40 then jumped to $50, so that's why I settled on Swap Force.

Going to have to look into Skylanders day at GameStop to stock up on figures, and possibly get SuperChargers and Trap Team if I like what I see with Swap Force.

Went a bit crazy picking up stuff last night.  

Giants preowned for the PS3 for $5 at Gamestop.  

SwapForce PS4 for $9.99 at TRU.

SuperChargers PS4 for $14.99 after pricematch/cartwheel/coupon at Target.

SuperChargers 3DS for $19.99 after pricematch/cartwheel at Target.  (Figured that was a relatively inexpensive way to get the Bowser set.)

Kids already have all of the respective versions for the WiiU, but I wanted versions for myself in my office.  (Sad, huh?)

If I am only doing the bare minimum for superchargers with one supercharged set for land sea and air is it worth getting the Kaos Cup?

If I am only doing the bare minimum for superchargers with one supercharged set for land sea and air is it worth getting the Kaos Cup?
The Kaos cup allows you to play as Lord Kaos during the sky races minigame (or the 3DS/Wii regular game, which is a greatly expanded version of the minigame). He's got great stats, but I don't think he can be leveled up or upgraded/modified. Unlike the other cups, there are no extra tracks, modes, or villains to race against. You play as Kaos immediately. You don't challenge him and unlock him if you beat him. Might be worth $8, especially since it might be hard to come by, if the past is any indication. Then again, Dark Editions have never been so prevalent, or been so heavily discounted this soon with any previous installment, so other previously rare items like the Kaos Cup might follow suit and be more readily available.

Pretty sure the Swap Force Dark edition was pretty heavily discounted pretty early. It was only the Trap Team set that was hard to find, and that was only due to the limited nature of the Chaos trap.

Does anyone know of a store with cheap trap team starter sets that takes the cereal coupons? They expire the end of the month and it would be nice to get a free or close to free set with the $10 off coupon.

Well my son got hooked up this morning. Picked up these for him:
Kaos trophy
High volt
Shield striker
Smash hit
Thump truck
Donkey kong stand alone figure/vehicle

Buyers beware - Game$top strikes again. Went to pick up a Racing Pack, a DK Pack and a Kaos Trophy today. All on the same receipt. Used a $10 Reward and a $15 Reward. The register applied both to the ONLY sale item (the Racing Pack, which was 50% off) and took the reward amounts off before deducting the 50%. So essentially, it screwed me out of $12.50 in rewards.

$34.99 original price - $10 reward - $15 reward = $10.00 ... THEN it took off 50%, or $5.00.

WHAT A RIPOFF!! This is highly questionable IMO.

Buyers beware - Game$top strikes again. Went to pick up a Racing Pack, a DK Pack and a Kaos Trophy today. All on the same receipt. Used a $10 Reward and a $15 Reward. The register applied both to the ONLY sale item (the Racing Pack, which was 50% off) and took the reward amounts off before deducting the 50%. So essentially, it screwed me out of $12.50 in rewards.

$34.99 original price - $10 reward - $15 reward = $10.00 ... THEN it took off 50%, or $5.00.

WHAT A RIPOFF!! This is highly questionable IMO.
Normally, you cannot use more than one reward coupon on a single product.

As for the discount, yea they are known for doing that quite often. Many of their items are the % off the modified price and not the original, this goes for trade in bonuses as well.

It's why if I am using such a coupon, I buy things separately to make sure I optimize my savings.

Starter Packs = $39.99

Kaos Trophy = $7.99

DK, Bowser, and the Racing Packs are 50% off today only...

I didn't know this till I visited the store earlier today.

I just got out of the store. Bought the Wii U starter pack, Bowser + plane, and 2 vehicles. 1 vehicle and a Trap Team starter pack were free. The Bowser pack wasnt 50% off??

I managed to have Target Price match GameStop on their starter packs today and still got the Cartwheel discount, netting both the Wii U and 3DS packs for a total of $35 plus tax. Not bad.

ugh....all the stores around me are out of the Sky racing set. I would try and pm the price elsewhere but I can't find it anywhere on GS site. They have the Sea racing set online at half off, but I don't need it. They have plenty of the Kaos Cups out, but I am not sure if I want to buy it or not.

Just a heads up the free skylander coupon (from the skylanders club) stacks with the b1g1. I picked up 3 vehicles for 3.00 today. This rang up automatically at the register.

ugh....all the stores around me are out of the Sky racing set. I would try and pm the price elsewhere but I can't find it anywhere on GS site. They have the Sea racing set online at half off, but I don't need it. They have plenty of the Kaos Cups out, but I am not sure if I want to buy it or not.
Since the price is advertised, ToysRUs and Target WILL match.

Since the price is advertised, ToysRUs and Target WILL match.
My local Target will not pm if it does not show up on the website. Closest TRU is 40 minutes away. Gave it a shot and got the pm at BBY. They can be hit or miss sometimes, but luckily they gave it to me.

The cashier did not want to since it was a one day sale, but luckily she asked someone else without me having to ask her to. Plus having $5 in RZ cert. made it even better.

My local Target will not pm if it does not show up on the website. Closest TRU is 40 minutes away. Gave it a shot and got the pm at BBY. They can be hit or miss sometimes, but luckily they gave it to me.

The cashier did not want to since it was a one day sale, but luckily she asked someone else without me having to ask her to. Plus having $5 in RZ cert. made it even better.
If you have the physical add, they will price match that.

Normally, you cannot use more than one reward coupon on a single product.
As for the discount, yea they are known for doing that quite often. Many of their items are the % off the modified price and not the original, this goes for trade in bonuses as well.

It's why if I am using such a coupon, I buy things separately to make sure I optimize my savings.
I contacted customer service at Game$top ... and to my surprise, they quickly offered to refund not just the amount I was disputing but the full point value for all of the certificates that I used today. I even told the GS rep that I was only seeking the difference owed to me, but she processed a full refund of all points back to my PowerUp acct. They posted before I was even off of the call.

I take it from the ease by which she offered me a full points refund that this is/must be a common complaint. Kind of sneaky of GS in the first place, since most people are prob none the wiser if they aren't carefully minding their receipt.

That's not really business acumen by the GS suits ... it's simply scumbagging the customer. Especially since this policy is disclosed nowhere that I could reasonably find.

Lesson learned for all future reward transactions with GS.

I didn't get the Sky Racing pack because Astroblast looks really lame. Is the gameplay the trophies add good enough to justify buying a racing pack if you have no interest whatsoever with the characters and vehicles?

Picked up the sky racing set and the terrafin figure/car combo pack.

Still need a lot of figures but told the kids they can wait for more sales ext... Not diving in full force like previous games and will just stick to really good sales before picking up new ones now.

Only one more figure I want - Roller Brawl, and I've got a feeling she'll be the one included in the Land Racing Pack, so I hope they have another sale then.

I didn't get the Sky Racing pack because Astroblast looks really lame. Is the gameplay the trophies add good enough to justify buying a racing pack if you have no interest whatsoever with the characters and vehicles?
Not really, and I felt Legendary Astro was better than normal Astro..

[attachment=19544:Astroblast-300x300.png][attachment=19545:LegendaryAstroblast-300x300.png]

Though, I don't like the character.. I felt Legendary looked better.

So... Toys R Us has Superchargers vehicles and figures for $11 each under their "Daily Deals". Since the closest one to me is 30 minutes away, I went to Target to price match and discovered that theirs are on sale for 9.99 each. I was super excited because I wanted Nitro Soda Skimmer but didn't think they'd PM because it was Target exclusive. However, Burn Cycle rang up appropriately where as NSS rang $14.99. A quick trip to customer service and they adjusted it, no questions asked. Just in case anyone wanted the Target exclusive before another sale and potentially missing out.

So... Toys R Us has Superchargers vehicles and figures for $11 each under their "Daily Deals". Since the closest one to me is 30 minutes away, I went to Target to price match and discovered that theirs are on sale for 9.99 each. I was super excited because I wanted Nitro Soda Skimmer but didn't think they'd PM because it was Target exclusive. However, Burn Cycle rang up appropriately where as NSS rang $14.99. A quick trip to customer service and they adjusted it, no questions asked. Just in case anyone wanted the Target exclusive before another sale and potentially missing out.
What's dpci # on gold skimmer?

I don't usually follow this thread, because I am 3 versions of the game behind everyone else, so sorry if this info is already out there.

TRU has all Spyro's Adventure, Giants and Swap Force characters (and character packs) for B1G2F though the end of the month (1/30).

My son received a Giants starter set for Xmas.  We already had a bunch of Spyro characters and I got all 7 giant characters for $20 through Walmart, but we didn't have any other Giants characters (Series 2 or Giants originals).

We bought 3 - Giants 3 character packs, priced at $9.99 each ... for a total of $9.99 + tax.  So, 9 characters for just over $1.11 a character.

I have Swap Force stowed away as a gift in the future.  Probably will head back an pick up a few of those as well.

I don't usually follow this thread, because I am 3 versions of the game behind everyone else, so sorry if this info is already out there.

TRU has all Spyro's Adventure, Giants and Swap Force characters (and character packs) for B1G2F though the end of the month (1/30).

My son received a Giants starter set for Xmas. We already had a bunch of Spyro characters and I got all 7 giant characters for $20 through Walmart, but we didn't have any other Giants characters (Series 2 or Giants originals).

We bought 3 - Giants 3 character packs, priced at $9.99 each ... for a total of $9.99 + tax. So, 9 characters for just over $1.11 a character.

I have Swap Force stowed away as a gift in the future. Probably will head back an pick up a few of those as well.
Instore or online or what? My local store hardly has any video games anymore... wonder if someone will price match the b1g2 deal lol

And for anyone buying online, what cashback site do u ya'll use for Toys 'R Us? o_O all the ones I use usually all exclude either video game software or Skylanders items... strange I didn't see any exclude amiibo

bread's done
Back