Official Skylanders Thread

Ok between my sons good report card last week and sales this week at Best Buy, Amazon, and Target I went a little crazy buying Superchargers stuff. I now need to ask a few question since we havent even started the game yet. Now what I need to know is what do you need to make the base game 100% complete-able? So far we have opened the starter back for the 360 and Stealth Stinger, Splat and her Splatter Splasher. So we do have a land, sea, and air set "supercharged" with both a driver and their matching vehicle. Now do I need to make sure I have a "supercharged" set for every element or do I need to make sure I just have a base character from every element to open matching gates and areas?

Maybe someone can help me?

I'm looking for a plastic bin/tub/container with partitions to put my Amiibo and Skylander collection in for storage and moving purposes?

Something like 5-7inches high by a foot or more on each edge.

Maybe someone can help me?

I'm looking for a plastic bin/tub/container with partitions to put my Amiibo and Skylander collection in for storage and moving purposes?

Something like 5-7inches high by a foot or more on each edge.
Someone mentioned I think in the disney infinity thread that walmart carries plastic totes for storing christmas ornaments that work well for these. I don't have a link or first hand knowledge because I never bought them but that might be an option.

I use these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7R6RS6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage they fit core figures, swap figures and most giants and some trap masters. They don't fit larger trap masters like Wildfire. I bought this for $2 last year for all the trap masters: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-travel-tote-for-classic-skylanders-figures/8675092.p?id=1219357513760&skuId=8675092 although it isn't that sturdy.
Here is how I have one of the storage totes filled with Trap Team items and a few cores from past games.
[attachment=20140:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I use these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7R6RS6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage they fit core figures, swap figures and most giants and some trap masters. They don't fit larger trap masters like Wildfire. I bought this for $2 last year for all the trap masters: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-travel-tote-for-classic-skylanders-figures/8675092.p?id=1219357513760&skuId=8675092 although it isn't that sturdy.
Here is how I have one of the storage totes filled with Trap Team items and a few cores from past games.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Needs to fit Amiibos and Skylanders, including Giants.

Thank you though!

Ok between my sons good report card last week and sales this week at Best Buy, Amazon, and Target I went a little crazy buying Superchargers stuff. I now need to ask a few question since we havent even started the game yet. Now what I need to know is what do you need to make the base game 100% complete-able? So far we have opened the starter back for the 360 and Stealth Stinger, Splat and her Splatter Splasher. So we do have a land, sea, and air set "supercharged" with both a driver and their matching vehicle. Now do I need to make sure I have a "supercharged" set for every element or do I need to make sure I just have a base character from every element to open matching gates and areas?
To 100% complete the story mode of the game, yes, you only need 1 vehicle of each type (sea, air, land) - there are not element gates, only vehicle gates (doesn't matter the element type). If your child tends to die quite a bit, you'll need more than three Skylanders (vehicles aren't knocked out, only characters and any character can use any vehicle) - Skylanders from past games are fine. If you have the "trophies" from the Air, Sea, and Land (Land has not been released yet) Adventure Packs, then there's additional 'Mario Kart' races and the ability to defeat villains and play as them (in races only, not story mode). It's only four tracks/villains per trophy though, so you're not getting what I would say is a wealth of content for $35 MSRP.

There are element gates in the 'hub' world - but these are just minor side-quests/challenges - and are not worth worrying about (they're really short, typically, more like beat your best time dropping off caterpillars sort of thing).

Hopefully this helped, let us know if you have more questions.

To 100% complete the story mode of the game, yes, you only need 1 vehicle of each type (sea, air, land) - there are not element gates, only vehicle gates (doesn't matter the element type). If your child tends to die quite a bit, you'll need more than three Skylanders (vehicles aren't knocked out, only characters and any character can use any vehicle) - Skylanders from past games are fine. If you have the "trophies" from the Air, Sea, and Land (Land has not been released yet) Adventure Packs, then there's additional 'Mario Kart' races and the ability to defeat villains and play as them (in races only, not story mode). It's only four tracks/villains per trophy though, so you're not getting what I would say is a wealth of content for $35 MSRP.

There are element gates in the 'hub' world - but these are just minor side-quests/challenges - and are not worth worrying about (they're really short, typically, more like beat your best time dropping off caterpillars sort of thing).

Yea, I bought one of each element and their matching vehicle just because.

I am still waiting on DD Trigger Happy

Thanks for the info but I am still torn on what to do. With the deals this week I ended up with five drivers and their 5 matching vehicles for just under $75.00. He also got Roller Brawl and her vehicle last week at TRU and already opened them. So with what he has and with what I got today he has nine out of ten elements (missing light) "supercharged" ready to go. But on the other hand he has 80+ skylanders from the previous games that he could use.

Thanks for the info but I am still torn on what to do. With the deals this week I ended up with five drivers and their 5 matching vehicles for just under $75.00. He also got Roller Brawl and her vehicle last week at TRU and already opened them. So with what he has and with what I got today he has nine out of ten elements (missing light) "supercharged" ready to go. But on the other hand he has 80+ skylanders from the previous games that he could use.
It doesn't hurt anything to have that many (other the cost) - it does give you more play options. There just really aren't any advantages to having that many or one of every element. Having said that, I have about 10 combos myself, at least half bought after I 100% the achievements and will likely never play with in-game - I just like Skylanders (I don't have any kids) and they were reasonably priced (50% off around the holidays at TRU, $10 recently, 50% Cartwheel offers).

Are you torn about returning some or torn about getting the Light element to have one of each element? If it's the second, just lean into the addiction at this point and buy the Air Racing Pack - problem solved (light supercharged combo, trophy for extra races & capturing villains) :)

Damn, I finally caved this morning on Superchargers (Dark Edition PS4 for ~$35 on Amazon). It looks like it comes with a car and a boat. So I would need a plane in order to access all areas, right? 

It looks like Amazon also has the "Racing Sky Pack" for $16, is that the best way to get 1 of each vehicle type? (+ the ones in the Starter)

It looks like Amazon also has the "Racing Sky Pack" for $16, is that the best way to get 1 of each vehicle type? (+ the ones in the Starter)
Yes, because this also gets you a racing trophy that isn't available separately (there is a black/gold "legendary" variant of the entire racing pack exclusive to Toys R Us) that unlocks the rest of the sky races. You will be able to 100% the game with the dark edition and any aircraft.

Damn, I finally caved this morning on Superchargers (Dark Edition PS4 for ~$35 on Amazon). It looks like it comes with a car and a boat. So I would need a plane in order to access all areas, right?

Be warned, while it is possible to see most of the game, you will be surprised at how much you will desire to buy more and more and more. I bought the dark edition of superchargers for that price about a month ago with the intent of just playing through the game.. several hundred dollars later I now have all sets and all superchargers except the ones not released yet, all 16 swapping swap force, a trap master and trap from all 10 elements, all the spyro and giants. lol it is an addiction.. you have been warned.

Be warned, while it is possible to see most of the game, you will be surprised at how much you will desire to buy more and more and more. I bought the dark edition of superchargers for that price about a month ago with the intent of just playing through the game.. several hundred dollars later I now have all sets and all superchargers except the ones not released yet, all 16 swapping swap force, a trap master and trap from all 10 elements, all the spyro and giants. lol it is an addiction.. you have been warned.
Oh I know, this isn't my first time through. I own all the other games, all of the SSA figs, all of the Giants, all except 1 Swap Force...This was going to be the year I gave up on Skylanders!

I bought it before sleeping @ $33.13. It's now back above $37.
It seems every time someone bites, it pops back up then starts to drop again. I watched the WiiU one for days and finally got it and the price immediately took a quick jump up, then a few hours later started to fall again. So the people that got up wanting to get it at 33ish can thank you guys ... :rofl:

It seems every time someone bites, it pops back up then starts to drop again. I watched the WiiU one for days and finally got it and the price immediately took a quick jump up, then a few hours later started to fall again. So the people that got up wanting to get it at 33ish can thank you guys ... :rofl:
You snooze you lose :p $32.97 was the lowest i saw it go before going to bed. The sky pack was at $16.63. Not too shabby.

Oddly, I don't feel bad about it. There is something about Skylanders and I felt bad when I sold my collection last year. I've since rebuilt it with essentials.

here's an image of the land racing pack-

91vFOkeo%2BkL._SL1500_.jpg
Now all I need is the release.

Does anyone know why the PS4 version of Dark Superchargers is so cheap?  Is there something about that version, or is it just really overstocked compared to the others?

What do you think is the best variation of every character that has a series?

Spyro

S1

S2

S3

Elite

Gill Grunt

S1

S2

S3

S4

Elite

Trigger Happy

S1

S2

S3

Elite

Cynder

S1

S2

S3

Etc etc..

Which do you think is the best of each?

What do you think is the best variation of every character that has a series?

Spyro

S1

S2

S3

Elite

Gill Grunt

S1

S2

S3

S4

Elite

Trigger Happy

S1

S2

S3

Elite

Cynder

S1

S2

S3

Etc etc..

Which do you think is the best of each?
My favorite Pop Fizz is the one with the giant flask (think it's from Swap Force) and Tidal Wave Gil Grunt is probably the best he's ever looked. Stealth Elf looked cooler in her early versions (Spyro and Giants) than she does in later appearances, and original Chill looks better than her less-innocent Blizzard version (though that one still looks cool).

My favorite Pop Fizz is the one with the giant flask (think it's from Swap Force) and Tidal Wave Gil Grunt is probably the best he's ever looked. Stealth Elf looked cooler in her early versions (Spyro and Giants) than she does in later appearances, and original Chill looks better than her less-innocent Blizzard version (though that one still looks cool).
That's part of the reason I dislike S3 Spyro.. the horn redesign is distracting.

I was at TRU earlier and alll pre-Superchargers starter packs were $9.99. Also, All figures $14.99 or less were B1G2 free. I picked up 3 3 packs of Giants figures ($9.99 each) and 3 Hex singles from Giants ($0.99 each) for $11 + tax.

I was at TRU earlier and alll pre-Superchargers starter packs were $9.99. Also, All figures $14.99 or less were B1G2 free. I picked up 3 3 packs of Giants figures ($9.99 each) and 3 Hex singles from Giants ($0.99 each) for $11 + tax.
Wish they'd get rid of that $14.99 stipulation so I could finish out my swappables!

Looks like they continued the sale from last month. I got a ton of Giants and a handful of Swap Force last month.

Does that mean Trap Force pack with game, portal, figures would be 9.99 for PS4? Sorry, I'm new to skylanders and the terms

Do not touch Trap Team version. You'll be BROKE for GOOD. Giants, Swap force and Superchargers is worth to pick up.
Haha I've heard. Picked up the PS4 version on Swapforce from them on their last sale for the gf. We now have 28 figures. Thankfully didn't spend much, a lot were B1G2 free and 2 dollar giants from walmart.

Haha I've heard. Picked up the PS4 version on Swapforce from them on their last sale for the gf. We now have 28 figures. Thankfully didn't spend much, a lot were B1G2 free and 2 dollar giants from walmart.
i picked up swap force because buy 1 & get 2 Free figures (Includes triple pack and Double pack Swap force characters). Holding off for Superchargers go cheap ;)

id be curious as well, id recently gotten back into skylanders and some of the figures are a pain in the ass to find, or are insanely expensive

i never should have let go of the polar whirlwind i got from gamestop.  looking at amazon and ebay and hes $50+ now.

and magna charge and some of the other swap force characters, holy crap

Double pack swap force are more than $14.99. How did you do it?
Double Pack Rang up $14.99 and Single Character is $15.99 on last sale. You can call your local TRU and check the price on double Pack and tripple back is $14.99 as well. I bought 2 double packs and 1 tripple pack for $16.XX after taxes and 6 light cores, and 9 singles. BOG2 Free everything is under $15 :)

they're ridiculously priced, but if you've got $55 to burn, power blue splatter splasher and gold rusher on ebay-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Super-Chargers-Power-Blue-Gold-Rusher-In-Hand-/262286733705?hash=item3d1181f189:g:Ox0AAOSwDuJWvOgY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Super-Chargers-Power-Blue-Splatter-Splasher-In-Hand-/252284506799?hash=item3abd5412af:g:t7IAAOSwKtVWvOcg

in those images you can see the variants are supporting the organization "Autism Speaks." I've heard mixed things about them. But they all look okay!

i never should have let go of the polar whirlwind i got from gamestop. looking at amazon and ebay and hes $50+ now.
Used, you can get *her* for about $15 BIN on eBay...

I've been eyeing Eon's Elite Whirlwind at Gamestop; $9.99 new, but still a bit too much.

I was able to get the POWER BLUE GOLD RUSHER at walmart in california.

12523630_938868312856428_2141290168_n.jpg

I also found a bronze bone bash roller brawl, so i got that too.

Ended up getting 5 used Superchargers figures today at my GameStop for $25 after their B2G3 Free sale.

Missle-Tow Dive Clops

Frightful Fiesta

Nightfall

Jet-Vac

Terrafin

I also saw Stormblade both the regular and dark versions of Stealth Elf, Smash Hit, and Spitfire.

The only vehicle they had was the Sea Shadow.

Now does anybody know if used Skylanders count towards the GameStop "Skylander Adventure Club" promo they have?

bread's done
Back