Official Skylanders Thread

My TRU had a ton of those, but I think I prefer the standard version. Unfortunately, I've yet to find one in stores, even though Amazon has her vehicle available now.
Those are the Legendary ones you saw a bunch of at TRU. The bronze ones are different and very rare, only one per 60-100 cases. They don't show up as bronze in game, only as "Special". The figure is all bronze, all the way down to the engine she is standing on.

Are the powder blues rare or something? I'm staring at splat and splatter splasher right niw?
No, just new. They aren't going to be uncommon variants, particularly since it is a charitable promotion. All stores will get them, just Walmart seems to have gotten them first. I hear they are starting to show up at TRU as well.

Wish they would reduce the price of the used stuff to match their $9.99 prices on new Superchargers vehicles and drivers at GameStop.

I think I'm being blocked from buying any more preowned Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures online. I've bought quite a bunch over the past month thanks to their B2G3Free, but every time I try to order now, my order just gets cancelled. I haven't ordered doubles, but I guess they must think I'm a reseller or something. Don't know why else I'd be unable to place more orders. Anybody else have this problem?

i saw a trap team dark edition, and the super holiday specal edition at my local walmart, asked them to price check it as it wasnt tagged, 100$ for each, i just went holy crap and put it back

I think I'm being blocked from buying any more preowned Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures online. I've bought quite a bunch over the past month thanks to their B2G3Free, but every time I try to order now, my order just gets cancelled. I haven't ordered doubles, but I guess they must think I'm a reseller or something. Don't know why else I'd be unable to place more orders. Anybody else have this problem?
It does sound like they blacklisted you. I had the same issue after having bought a lot of games in a short period of time a few years ago. Mine never went away but hopefully yours is only temporary.

Not sure how good of a deal this is:

http://electronics.woot.com/?ref=sh_gh_el_3

Skylanders Swap Force character 3 packs for $5.99 each. Today only I believe.
Thanks. They have 4 different 3 packs, and I bought 1 of each. I only had 1 of the 12 characters. With shipping and tax, it came out to just over $30, making it about $2.50 a character. Pretty good considering Gamestop and Amazon are still selling most of these sets for $10-$15 and up.

Just bought one of each pack myself. Didn't really need these characters but for that price and the extra elemental power each will bring to my characters i would say it's worth it.

I got the superchargers starter pack for 13.79 after PM to Amazon and Cartwheel 50% off that ends today. I'm happy. I haven't played Skylanders since swap force

I just started playing Trap Team with my kids. Any suggestions for decent Trap Team characters to pick up with GameStop's B2G3 promo? We've only got the starter and Tuff Luck.

And when does the promo end, or has it already?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started playing Trap Team with my kids. Any suggestions for decent Trap Team characters to pick up with GameStop's B2G3 promo? We've only got the starter and Tuff Luck.

And when does the promo end, or has it already?
Gear shift was my favorite trap master. That being said, trap team was, in my opinion, the worst in the series.

For Trap Team, I was fond of Wildfire, but I think he's harder to find now.

Generally speaking, I enjoyed Trap Team, but wasn't thrilled with the glut of traps (and exclusive traps/characters), two 'secret' elements for an already swollen product line, and the scarcity of both the Kaos trap and the expansion packs.

I would also recommend Wildfire. GS has had him in and out of stock online. The dark one as well.

Also like Short Cut and Wallop, though haven't used them a ton. Head Rush is the one I would recommend avoiding. She is near useless to me.

Btw, I picked up at my local Best Buy today for my son Gusto - $7.99 clearance -- and Tuff Luck was $4.99 on clearance plus GCU. 

Any good tips for picking up the traps on sale? I would assume the Gamestop buy 2 get 3 free deal is still live?

Btw, I picked up at my local Best Buy today for my son Gusto - $7.99 clearance -- and Tuff Luck was $4.99 on clearance plus GCU.

Any good tips for picking up the traps on sale? I would assume the Gamestop buy 2 get 3 free deal is still live?
It's hard finding anything other than water around here. My son has me in the hunt as well. For me, eBay is the best source. You may have better luck in your area.

I'm still super bummed that I missed Enigma on clearance at Best Buy. I had him in my cart for months when he was $6.99 but never pulled the trigger for some stupid reason. Now he's out of stock and full price or more on every other site.

As for the traps, the only ones I'm missing are the tech flying helmet (called Makers Mana in the game), the Tech Totem, the Dark Dagger, and of course the elusive Yawn traps that never got released in the U.S. If anyone has the former traps available for trade or sale, let me know!

By the way, Fling Kong is on clearance for $6.97 at Gamestop. Picked him up earlier this week in store.

I'm still super bummed that I missed Enigma on clearance at Best Buy. I had him in my cart for months when he was $6.99 but never pulled the trigger for some stupid reason. Now he's out of stock and full price or more on every other site.

As for the traps, the only ones I'm missing are the tech flying helmet (called Makers Mana in the game), the Tech Totem, the Dark Dagger, and of course the elusive Yawn traps that never got released in the U.S. If anyone has the former traps available for trade or sale, let me know!

By the way, Fling Kong is on clearance for $6.97 at Gamestop. Picked him up earlier this week in store.
i *think* my local best buy still has 1 or 2 of the enigmas, i could stop within the nest couple of days and see if hes there, and if he is grab them, i have GCU so i can try and grab it at the absolute lowest price possible.

interested?

Hey, what's up guys? I just went to my local TRU and they had all Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, Giants, and Swap Force figures, including the triple packs for Buy 1 Get 2 Free! Yes, you read that right. All of the Spyro triple packs were $8 each there. I got 9 packs for $24. $2.67 each! Hells yesh! My pickups:

4x Pirate Seas pack.

3x Empire of Ice pack.

1x Dragon's Peak pack.

1x Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, and Whirlwind pack.

Left behind nothing but a few Empire of Ice and Dragon's Peak packs. Whoop whoop!

I noticed some people are still looking for traps, a suggestion would be to try your local Walgreens stores. They're still full price but I have probably a dozen around within a 30 minute drive and only went to 2 (I was trying to find the Funko Pop! Green Goblin but that sucker eludes me) but found a couple fire and wind traps I needed. One store had every element still in stock! I was psyched because the fire ones were scarce here in TN. Maybe this will help someone out.

Hey, what's up guys? I just went to my local TRU and they had all Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, Giants, and Swap Force figures, including the triple packs for Buy 1 Get 2 Free! Yes, you read that right. All of the Spyro triple packs were $8 each there. I got 9 packs for $24. $2.67 each! Hells yesh! My pickups:

4x Pirate Seas pack.
3x Empire of Ice pack.
1x Dragon's Peak pack.
1x Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, and Whirlwind pack.

Left behind nothing but a few Empire of Ice and Dragon's Peak packs. Whoop whoop!
Thank you Sir!! I'm on my way

Went to Best Buy today and they had the Skylanders minis on clearance for $2.99. Grabbed up the last 5 they had :D
Did they have the mini pack with Breeze and Pet Vac? Breeze and Gnarly Barkely (not sure if Best Buy even sold this variant) are the only minis I'm missing.

If any of you are lucky enough to live in the great northwest AND near a Fred Meyer, they have their older Skylanders figs/traps on sale for half off this week. I picked up Enigma for $7.50.

There's not a Fred Meyer in or near Ontario, Oregon... Which I've always thought was strange (since Interstate 84 runs through it). But yeah, point taken!

Did they have the pack with mini pack with Breeze and Pet Vac? Breeze and Gnarly Barkely (not sure if Best Buy even sold this variant) are the only minis I'm missing.
They didn't have that mini pack. They had the spring variant for Pet Vac for $2.99 as well.

Also, Skylanders Day is March 5th at GameStop. Free poster with purchase of any Skylanders purchase. No other details on what sales or anything for the day are.

Saw this on SD and almost bit but my kids seem to be trending out of Skylanders. I thought one of the best things about the new game was how few figures you needed to experience everything. I know the trophies are extra tracks but wanted opinions on if they really offer anything interesting.

Saw this on SD and almost bit but my kids seem to be trending out of Skylanders. I thought one of the best things about the new game was how few figures you needed to experience everything. I know the trophies are extra tracks but wanted opinions on if they really offer anything interesting.
My kid is totally uninterested in racing, so not worth it for me. But if your kid likes the races it is probably worth it.

Went back to Best Buy today to pick up Enigma and it was gone :( However, I saw that the lightcore figures were on clearance for $2.99 and the adventure pack they had was going for $7.99. Had to grab what they had. Also, Walmart has the Trap Team starters for $20 if you haven't picked it up yet.

bread's done
Back