Official Skylanders Thread

Also sucks that best buy doesn't even list all the figures online that are currently out,but yet if you went in store you would find them no problem.
Yep I was able to find the last two I wanted in store but there was no listing for them on their website.

Also there was none of the Power Blue ones out at my local store.

Um, does Target have the Superchargers Starter for $30 AND a 50% Cartwheel?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with BB's sale? On-line, if I put 4 characters in my cart, only 1 gets knocked down to free.
they also have the individual figures priced 50% off and another 50% off with cartwheel. $3.24 for the regular characters and $3.74 for the nitro ones.

also, ive pretty much ignored superchargers but is the consensus that you can play the game with just a land, air and water character?

they also have the individual figures priced 50% off and another 50% off with cartwheel. $3.24 for the regular characters and $3.74 for the nitro ones.

also, ive pretty much ignored superchargers but is the consensus that you can play the game with just a land, air and water character?
Are all characters and vehicles 50% off instore? plus another 50% off with cartwheel?

Are all characters and vehicles 50% off instore? plus another 50% off with cartwheel?
yes, from what i could tell everything superchargers is half off. my target only had a few different ones, but the individual characters and vehicles had a tag indicated the sale price. nothing else was marked but everything scanned at 50% off. however the bowser pack did not get another 50% off with cartwheel, it stayed at $12.49.

they also had all the trap team trap masters clearance priced at half off, with red clearance tags. and they had more of those than they ever had before including several knight light and knight mare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but the pricing is backwards. Drivers are $7.49 before cartwheel and vehicles are $6.49 before cartwheel so after the 50% off drivers are $3.74 and vehicles are $3.24.

yes, from what i could tell everything superchargers is half off. my target only had a few different ones, but the individual characters had a tag indicated the sale price. nothing else was marked but everything scanned at 50% off. however the bowser pack did not get another 50% off with cartwheel, it stayed at $12.49.

they also had all the trap team trap masters clearance priced at half off, with red clearance tags. and they had more of those than they ever had before including several knight light and knight mare.
Thanks for the info.

Yes but the pricing is backwards. Drivers are $7.49 before cartwheel and vehicles are $6.49 before cartwheel so after the 50% off drivers are $3.74 and vehicles are $3.24.
that is just my ignorance, i didnt even know there was a difference i thought it was just because it was the one was a target exclusive nitro.

You were correct. It was Target that messed up, they reversed the prices for some reason. I paid the extra $0.50 for regular driver since I didn't want them to call a manager over.

You were correct. It was Target that messed up, they reversed the prices for some reason. I paid the extra $0.50 for regular driver since I didn't want them to call a manager over.
oh, i see what you are saying now, the nitro was actually the right price, and the other 2 vehicles were wrong, and the characters were too much.

You can access 100% of the game (story-mode) with one vehicle from air, land, and water. Any Skylander can drive any vehicle. So technically, 1 character (any type, any game) and 1 vehicle from each type is all that's needed. Great if you have Skylanders from prior sets.

Crap. I bought both Nitro figures at $7.50 each last week, thinking that was the lowest they'd go. And I trashed the receipt. And I paid in cash. Total fail.

In other news, I might try to pick up a bunch of other figures. It sucks though that Target doesn't seem to carry Nightfall and Birthday Bash Pop Fizz. I want both of those. May have to just do Best Buy.

I was able to score the Sea Racing Pack for $8.75 and two drivers for $3.25 each. Sucks that my local store is out of the Nitro Soda Skimmer because I got Pop Fizz and need it now.

I was able to score the Sea Racing Pack for $8.75 and two drivers for $3.25 each. Sucks that my local store is out of the Nitro Soda Skimmer because I got Pop Fizz and need it now.
I'm debating picking up that Sea Racing Pack. What's holding me back, though, is there seems to be such a massive overstock of that particular bundle. Will it get clearanced out for less than $8 a few months from now?

I'm debating picking up that Sea Racing Pack. What's holding me back, though, is there seems to be such a massive overstock of that particular bundle. Will it get clearanced out for less than $8 a few months from now?
I think your safe for $8.75 it like your getting each item in the pack for $3 and as of right now it's the only way to get the sea trophy.

Yeah, somebody at Target definitely screwed the pooch with their in store prices being half off for all the vehicles, drivers and dual packs. And also throw in the 50% off Cartwheel. I picked up 10 things for a little over $31 after Red Card. Had a savings of over $95 on my receipt. The cashier was in shock that I saved that much.

Yeah, somebody at Target definitely screwed the pooch with their in store prices being half off for all the vehicles, drivers and dual packs. And also throw in the 50% off Cartwheel. I picked up 10 things for a little over $31 after Red Card. Had a savings of over $95 on my receipt. The cashier was in shock that I saved that much.
Which figures did you manage to pick up?

I know it's a long shot but I hope the half off prices make it all week. The store on the other side of town seems like a gold mine according to their stock checker but I won't make it there till next Saturday.

Does target have the land racing pack?

Haven't been to stores in some time so it wasn't released the last time i was in there.
Some of them at least have it in. Went to three Targets today picking pieces I was missing and the final store had 2 of the land racing packs on the shelf.

The only items I am missing now are ones that I don't think I have seen at any Target.

Thrillpede

Roller Brawl

and the Buzz Wing

Actually I don't remember having seen the Buzz Wing anywhere yet.

Mentioned this in the Cartwheel thread, but none of the Targets near me seem to have the land racing pack. If anyone can pick one up for me, I'd appreciate it. I could trade a sky racing pack or paypal ~$15.

Gotta say though, when I do find stuff in stock this is a great way for me to stock up on some Skylanders and vehicles. There are a couple good flips to GS with their current promo if you want to make a buck or two per figure.

Gonna have to try a couple other Targets. Looking for Splat, Fiesta, Nightfall, Stormblade, and their vehicles.
My local Target had a couple Splat and Stormblade, along with the Sky Slicer and Sea Shadow. No sign of the rest, though.

Do it. If you don't want the figures, at least do it for the expansion pack and just trade the figures to GS for ~$10 cash. You'll pretty much get paid at least a dollar for a couple extra stages.

I find it weird that I haven't seen any of the special Easter ones at any of my local Targets or Best Buys yet. I asked at both places today if they had any in the back and both places said no without even checking.

ed6dda9bbd280d4e6cbe37f59a05641a.jpg

ba7e13dba07065905dbf35d03cccf07b.jpg

Here's my haul from Target. Good time to pick up whatever you don't have.

You can access 100% of the game (story-mode) with one vehicle from air, land, and water. Any Skylander can drive any vehicle. So technically, 1 character (any type, any game) and 1 vehicle from each type is all that's needed. Great if you have Skylanders from prior sets.
Technically there are some small sub-areas where you have to have a vehicle of a certain element, but those are generally just challenge type things.

I've been holding out for a decent price on the Dark Edition, but I might just break down and buythe regular starter for $15. Is the dark edition starter also on sale, or is it just the standard one?

I don't think the Cartwheel applies to the dark edition, though.

Called every store in an hour drive of me and none had the land racing pack. One employee told me it was "discontinued," which is weird considering I visit Target pretty frequently and I don't think I've even seen it in stores yet. 

Calling it now, next Skylanders game will be announced within the next month. Last time they had Cartwheel deals like this on Trap Team was right before SuperChargers launched and you could pick up Trap Team for $12.50. Same thing with DI 2.0 right before DI 3.0 launched. They're probably trying to empty their inventory to make room for something else.

Also, the Cartwheel doesn't apply to DK, Bowser, or the Shark Tank figure. I had an employee that wouldn't adjust it for me on those, but it's no big deal. It did work on all the other solo figures I tried, including all the Nitro cars. Also works on the Terrafin/Shark Tank and Jet Vac/Jet Stream combo packs.

I am less confident that there will be another Skylanders game. Of the Toys to life genre it would seem to me that Disney Infinity is the only one likely to survive

There will be no new Disney Infinity 4.0 game released this year they will instead focus on releasing content like play sets and figures instead.

Skylanders has already announced that they will release a new game this year even after the poor proformance of Superchargers.

Called every store in an hour drive of me and none had the land racing pack. One employee told me it was "discontinued," which is weird considering I visit Target pretty frequently and I don't think I've even seen it in stores yet.

Calling it now, next Skylanders game will be announced within the next month. Last time they had Cartwheel deals like this on Trap Team was right before SuperChargers launched and you could pick up Trap Team for $12.50. Same thing with DI 2.0 right before DI 3.0 launched. They're probably trying to empty their inventory to make room for something else.

Also, the Cartwheel doesn't apply to DK, Bowser, or the Shark Tank figure. I had an employee that wouldn't adjust it for me on those, but it's no big deal. It did work on all the other solo figures I tried, including all the Nitro cars. Also works on the Terrafin/Shark Tank and Jet Vac/Jet Stream combo packs.
That's odd, because I've been hearing from other people that the discount DOES work for the DK and Bowser packs. Maybe they had to get the price manually adjusted like you mentioned.

And yeah, I'm sure a Skylanders 6 announcement is coming soon. Although it seems like Superchargers hasn't done nearly as well as previous entries. I think Trap Team, with all its convoluted trap collecting (and traps that never even came out in the U.S.), turned some people off. Or kids are moving on to Lego Dimensions.

I am less confident that there will be another Skylanders game. Of the Toys to life genre it would seem to me that Disney Infinity is the only one likely to survive
There will be no new Disney Infinity 4.0 game released this year they will instead focus on releasing content like play sets and figures instead.

Skylanders has already announced that they will release a new game this year even after the poor proformance of Superchargers.
Considering that they're still cranking out playsets and new 3.0 figures, I would not be surprised if we don't see a new DI until 2017.

I'm not sure what Activision considers poor performance, but I'm sure Superchargers did fairly well and just didn't meet their huge sales goals. It's a fairly strong and consistent series. Didn't they say that there's a Skylanders TV show in the works? I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is supposed to be a tie in.

It's still disappointing that Superchargers underperformed. It's arguably the best in the series w/ the most replay value.

I wonder if Trap Team pushed people away from the series and hurt Superchargers. I really liked Trap Team but most seem to dislike it if for no other reason than the amount of required Trapmasters and traps to see everything in the game and combined with the light and dark element item shortages.

I am hoping that the next game has no gimmick and re-uses Giants, Swappers, Trap Masters, traps or vehicles for features but am not expecting it.

Not too shabby the Xbox one Starter kit with two extra vehicles and two extra characters for about $30. May go back and get a few more. Giving it to the kids in their easter baskets.

I am hoping that the next game has no gimmick and re-uses Giants, Swappers, Trap Masters, traps or vehicles for features but am not expecting it.
This is actually what I have thought also. I would love to see the next game just be like Skylanders world or Skylands or something. With a core, a giant, a swapper, and either a trap master or supercharger for each element. People would still buy the new figures because we like new stuff but it wouldn't make your older figures seem useless.

But, and again I agree with you, I am not expecting it.

I hope Activision doesn't take Superchargers under-performance and draw the conclusion that the next game just needs a new gimmick that requires people to buy more stuff to fully finish the game.

That's odd, because I've been hearing from other people that the discount DOES work for the DK and Bowser packs. Maybe they had to get the price manually adjusted like you mentioned.
The discount does work, but only if you get it manually adjusted. The cashier at Target today seemed annoyed with me when I asked to have it adjusted and just said no.

In my personal experience, here's what I've purchased and HAS worked with Cartwheel:

Terrafin/Shark Tank Combo Pack, Fiesta (standard), Nitro Stealth Stinger

Things that have NOT worked with Cartwheel (needed a manual adjustment):

Bowser/Clown Cruiser Combo Pack, Nitro Soda Skimmer

Excuse the noob question, I understand the figure compatibility, what about the actual games, for instance, if we buy the supercharger starter with the new portal, and want to go back and play swap force game, will it work correctly(other than trapteam one) is it still the same simple interface/albeit somewhat system specific or do you need to keep the old portals?.

Excuse the noob question, I understand the figure compatibility, what about the actual games, for instance, if we buy the supercharger starter with the new portal, and want to go back and play swap force game, will it work correctly(other than trapteam one) is it still the same simple interface/albeit somewhat system specific or do you need to keep the old portals?.
I know from experience that the Trap Team portal, at least for PS3, works on all the previous games. Not sure about the Superchargers portal. I'm assuming it's also completely backwards compatible.

No Land Racing pack at the two Targets I checked. Both stores had their Skylander sections fleeced. I'd like to hope by hardcore collectors or kids ... but we all know it was "eBay guy"

Donky Kong didn't ring up correct for me either. Manager came over and adjusted but while he was trying to figure it out he scanned it a few times. Weird thing was it came up as one of several different DPCI numbers each time he scanned it. That maybe why it's giving some of us issues. I have no idea how Targets system works but the manager said that isn't uncommon. In this case not all were tied to the cartwheel promo.

In my personal experience, here's what I've purchased and HAS worked with Cartwheel:

Terrafin/Shark Tank Combo Pack, Fiesta (standard), Nitro Stealth Stinger

Things that have NOT worked with Cartwheel (needed a manual adjustment):

Bowser/Clown Cruiser Combo Pack, Nitro Soda Skimmer
Nitro Stealth Stinger worked for you? I'll have to give that a shot--its DPCI (207-03-0190) does NOT match what Cartwheel says should work for the vehicle promo (207-03-0186).

EDIT: Nevermind. Its DPCI is listed under the "drivers" coupon for some reason.

The Superchargers selection at Target has been pretty dismal the last few weeks even before this sale. Pretty much just rows and rows of Splatt, Pop Fizz, and Nitro Stealth Stingers.

Maybe YMMV, but saw that all Trap Masters except Nitro Head Rush were marked clearance to $7.48 which was pretty "meh" since it was only really common ones left.

bread's done
Back