Official Skylanders Thread

Going to Target #6 and potentially #7 later today in search of some Air and Land Racing Packs. Wish me luck.

On a side note, I see the Kaos Trophy Cup is half off at GS. I have some credit, can anyone tell me if it's worth getting?

Skylanders SuperChargers Dual Pack #3: Big Bubble Pop Fizz and Soda Skimmer only $5.08 at Amazon
Up to $5.44, but still much better than the $12.50 I paid at Gamestop on Skylanders day. I ordered it and will return the other to GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to Target #6 and potentially #7 later today in search of some Air and Land Racing Packs. Wish me luck.

On a side note, I see the Kaos Trophy Cup is half off at GS. I have some credit, can anyone tell me if it's worth getting?
You have to ask yourself how much you want to play as Kaos in the Air Racing tracks - b/c that's all the trophy does.

What are the chances that the clearance Trap Masters will work with the buy 1 get 1 50% off next week at Target?    Edit:  Stupid question, but does the Superchargers version of the Kaos trap work with Trap Team?

Thanks. So I only need 6 traps of a certain element plus the Kaos trap along with the trap masters to 100% the game?

Thanks. So I only need 6 traps of a certain element plus the Kaos trap along with the trap masters to 100% the game?
You'll need a trap master of each element. The traps really aren't needed for percent completion. Kaos, however, makes it much easier to beat the challenges.

Anybody know if Shark Tank, Sky Slicer, or Jet Stream doesn't work for Cartwheel at Target? I bought two of each yesterday and one set of two did not take off with the Cartwheel. The DPCI and name on the receipt is a generic one that doesn't tell you jack.

Anybody know if Shark Tank, Sky Slicer, or Jet Stream doesn't work for Cartwheel at Target? I bought two of each yesterday and one set of two did not take off with the Cartwheel. The DPCI and name on the receipt is a generic one that doesn't tell you jack.
I think I read that Shark Tank doesn't automatically get discounted. Sky Slicer worked just fine for me.

Only 4 items per Cartwheel coupon per purchase are allowed, though you could make multiple purchases in a day to break them up.

Picked up extra water pack will swap out land pack whenever is in stock and extra few vehicles and characters.  Will swap out later next week or two. 

Picked up extra water pack will swap out land pack whenever is in stock and extra few vehicles and characters. Will swap out later next week or two.
When you swap out do you ask for an exchange at customer service or pay full price and return the extras with the full price receipt? (Not sure how the same dpci's work)

When you swap out do you ask for an exchange at customer service or pay full price and return the extras with the full price receipt? (Not sure how the same dpci's work)
1st. Check your local target make sure the items you want is back in stock

2nd. Go to the car get the item(s) with receipt to customer service. Tell them you want to swap or exchange for different item(s)

3rd. Must have receipt to do swap or exchange

4th. Good luck & Go home Happy

The clearance trap masters worked with the buy 1 get 1 for 50 % for those wanting to know. Today is the last day to get Skylanders Superchargers characters and vehicles for $10 at Gamestop.  

Are the Dark and Light traps required to 100% the game or am I good with just the six traps?  Why are they so expensive on ebay and Amazon?

You need 10 traps, 1 of each element to 100% the game because getting 100% requires all the villain quests completed. Light and Dark traps are expensive because they were released later than the other traps and were underproduced.

I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to give me advice on Skylanders Superchargers water vehicles.  Thanks mostly to this thread I was able to get some nice deals on various supercharger items at Target but just realized I didn't get any water vehicles (I got some characters and some land and air vehicles).  I'm getting this mostly for my kids and not concerned about a complete collection, but want to have one or two of each vehicle type so they can access most of the content.  It seems like Best Buy with GCU may have the best deal two get BOGO vehicles right now for about $12 or so.  Does Gamestop sell used vehicles or should I watch Amazon for better deals?  I guess $6 per vehicle sounds pretty low, but I only paid $3 or so for the other ones at Target and i'm cheap (especially when I know these will end up in a closet in a few weeks).

I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to give me advice on Skylanders Superchargers water vehicles. Thanks mostly to this thread I was able to get some nice deals on various supercharger items at Target but just realized I didn't get any water vehicles (I got some characters and some land and air vehicles). I'm getting this mostly for my kids and not concerned about a complete collection, but want to have one or two of each vehicle type so they can access most of the content. It seems like Best Buy with GCU may have the best deal two get BOGO vehicles right now for about $12 or so. Does Gamestop sell used vehicles or should I watch Amazon for better deals? I guess $6 per vehicle sounds pretty low, but I only paid $3 or so for the other ones at Target and i'm cheap (especially when I know these will end up in a closet in a few weeks).
Bestbuy has best current deal going on but i would watch amazon for sure. Some days the prices will drop insanely low and then go back to normal price later in the day.Last week the Pop Fizz/Vehicle double back went as low as $5 and some change and then went back up to around $13 later that same day. I got it for a little over $11 that morning which i consider still a good price.Also the single figures/vehicles on amazon do the same thing in price.

Last few months these are the deals i got from amazon

$11.11 Pop Fizz/Soda Skimmer double back

$7.70 Elite Dino Rang

$9.03 Elite Ghost Roaster

$6.17 High Volt

$17.49 Racing Sea Pack

$8.47 Sea Shadow * Not the greatest deal but at the time it was a good price and game just came out

$9.16 Dive Bomber * Not the greatest deal but at the time it was a good price and game just came out

Also got 2 vehicles and 2 figures last week from the target sale so it was less then $4 each for the 4 of them.

I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to give me advice on Skylanders Superchargers water vehicles. Thanks mostly to this thread I was able to get some nice deals on various supercharger items at Target but just realized I didn't get any water vehicles (I got some characters and some land and air vehicles). I'm getting this mostly for my kids and not concerned about a complete collection, but want to have one or two of each vehicle type so they can access most of the content. It seems like Best Buy with GCU may have the best deal two get BOGO vehicles right now for about $12 or so. Does Gamestop sell used vehicles or should I watch Amazon for better deals? I guess $6 per vehicle sounds pretty low, but I only paid $3 or so for the other ones at Target and i'm cheap (especially when I know these will end up in a closet in a few weeks).
If you missed out on the Target sale last week, $6 for a water vehicle is pretty good. I paid $7.49 for a Nitro Soda Skimmer a few weeks back and have been happy with that price. Don't forget that most vehicles trade for $5.50 (with PUR) at GS, so you can make most of your money back if you want to get rid of them.

You guys reminded me that I forgot to pick up a regular Dive Bomber and Dive Clops during the Target sale. I have the holiday variants already. Crap.

Thanks for the input guys.  It looks like the Gamestop used vehicles are more than new vehicles at $15 apiece, so even with the B2G3 deal, it's not extremely appealing unless in-store pricing is significantly better.  I'll probably just grab new ones from the Best Buy deal and be done with it.  Maybe I'll keep an eye on Amazon deals for a few extra if my kids are still interested when other deals pop up.

Is the Kaos trophy a worthwhile pickup for $4 for someone just buying a few items for his kids?  I'm trying to hold myself back from my collector mentality and going overboard with Superchargers - especially since i'm not sure my kids really care that much...

Nope ... endless Sea packs, the occasional Sky pack ... but I literally haven't seen a single Land pack at ANY store, Target or otherwise ...
It was beyond infuriating to see last week that the Walmart next door to my Target had plenty of both Sky and Land Packs. They just sat there, teasing me.

So I said fuck it, and instead of waiting for Target to get in a new shipment of Land/Sky Packs, I returned the 2 Sea Packs I bought from Target last week to Walmart and used that credit to buy a Land and Sky Pack each.

Is the Kaos trophy a worthwhile pickup for $4 for someone just buying a few items for his kids? I'm trying to hold myself back from my collector mentality and going overboard with Superchargers - especially since i'm not sure my kids really care that much...
I asked this question earlier because I too had to fight off my collector mindset. All it does is allow the player to race as Kaos in races within the game. So unless your kids were already previous fans of the series, and have some reference for who Kaos is, I'd say it's not really worth getting.

It was beyond infuriating to see last week that the Walmart next door to my Target had plenty of both Sky and Land Packs. They just sat there, teasing me.

So I said fuck it, and instead of waiting for Target to get in a new shipment of Land/Sky Packs, I returned the 2 Sea Packs I bought from Target last week to Walmart and used that credit to buy a Land and Sky Pack each.
:shame: That's return fraud, a big no-no here, or anywhere else, really.

:shame: That's return fraud, a big no-no here, or anywhere else, really.
You can keep your finger wagging to yourself. I don't find anything morally or ethically wrong with what I did at the time, even if it does fall in that area. It was nothing more than an exchange of very similar items. I didn't get anything for free or profit in any discernible way. The 8 different Targets I went to didn't have what I was looking for last week, and this was the simplest solution to get them.

I asked this question earlier because I too had to fight off my collector mindset. All it does is allow the player to race as Kaos in races within the game. So unless your kids were already previous fans of the series, and have some reference for who Kaos is, I'd say it's not really worth getting.
To clarify, Kaos can only race in the SKY tracks - he can't do Land or Sea, nor can he do anything at all in the main game/story mode.

So yeah, I have some bitterness about my launch day Dark Starter ;)

Looks like GameStop has dropped the price of much of its Trap Team merchandise.

Trap Masters are all $7.99
Nightmare Express Adventure Pack is $9.99
Most of the single characters and mini dual-packs are $4.99

Finally got a Fire Trap Master to complete my Trap Master elemental set.

... now just need to get the Traps.

Looks like GameStop has dropped the price of much of its Trap Team merchandise.

Trap Masters are all $7.99
Nightmare Express Adventure Pack is $9.99
Most of the single characters and mini dual-packs are $4.99

Finally got a Fire Trap Master to complete my Trap Master elemental set.

... now just need to get the Traps.
It's even cheaper at Target. All Trap Masters are 50% off, making them $7.48 each. They might go to 70% off next week or the week after.

bread's done
Back