Official Skylanders Thread

It's a Toys For Bob year, so lots of new plastic to buy. But, it seems that the "roll your own" could occupy most kids for a very long time with a minimum of purchases. It will suck for collectors though, particularly since there is a Dark edition again - although hopefully they do not change the contents of each console's pack ins like last year.

So, what do we have?

20 Skylanders ($15 each)

11 Villains ($15 each)

10 Crystal Thingies ($10 each)

Starter ($75)

Dark Starter ($100)

Unknowns:

Variants, lots and lots of Variants

Almost certainly different models of the Crystals for each element ala Traps

Adventure Packs
Wait?
I never spent that much on the games.... but then I always got them on discount or on their frequent sales.

I was worried Activision's takeaway from Superchargers poor performance was going to be that they needed more stuff to sell with the next one, and I guess I was right to worry.
Eh, doesn't seem as much as the vehicles/heroes combo of Superchargers.

I'll probably only buy Sensei I like, um.. do Sensei just give skills or are they playable since some of the info sounds conflicting.. what about core and previous landers?

Dammit, now I am remembering those days my ex and I went out shopping for Skylanders and other toys, standing in Black Friday lines... god why do I miss those times.

Last edited by a moderator:
SkylandersDay_060416-1780.jpg

SkylandersDay_060416-2780.jpg

Wait?
I never spent that much on the games.... but then I always got them on discount or on their frequent sales.

Eh, doesn't seem as much as the vehicles/heroes combo of Superchargers.

I'll probably only buy Sensei I like, um.. do Sensei just give skills or are they playable since some of the info sounds conflicting.. what about core and previous landers?

Dammit, now I am remembering those days my ex and I went out shopping for Skylanders and other toys, standing in Black Friday lines... god why do I miss those times.
Well for starters, there are no "cores" this year. Every figure, all 20 + 11 of them are "premium" and cost $15 (think Giants, Swap Force, Trap Masters). To make a villain of an element, you will need a crystal of that element, so 10 x $10 for those. And $75/$100 for Starters is the standard price.

As I understand, the 31 Sensei unlock additional level caps and the "third ability". Without them you only have the first two. The character parts are found randomly in chests, and have different rarity (Common, Rare, Epic, etc.). Sensei also will apparently open the secret areas of the game.

The variant train has already started, we know there will be a Dark edition at Gamestop (possibly elsewhere). There will obviously be Legendaries, Nitros, Holidays, etc.

Even if you aren't into collecting, Imaginators has the potential to be very expensive. I had hoped they would cut back more on the plastic to avoid shelf glut and parents getting turned off further by so much stuff to buy, but apparently not. The idea sounds pretty decent, but I have a feeling this one is going to be the end of the franchise.

They have definitely run out of gimmicks. Even stating in interviews that the ten different types of fighting styles in this game, are the same ten types of fighting style that they have used as a template to create all of the previous Skylanders. Which especially seems true, when you think of all of the ninjas, wizards, giant sword users, fist fighters, archers, robots, dinosaurs, dragons, blunt object users, and other kinds of Skylanders. Even though we are getting 11 villains this year, technically we are only getting 20 new Skylanders. Which seems like the smallest number of new characters in a Skylanders game since Giants.

So really only 10 Crystals to get 1 of each Element.

But if you want each to have each Class/Element combo saved, that'll be 100 Crystals...

At least, from what I can tell, you don't need a Sensei to unlock a Class, only to upgrade it.

The minimum to have access to everything looks like it would be 1 Starter, 9 Senseis, and 9 Crystals...or $300. 50-75% off of that seems reasonable.

But if you want each to have each Class/Element combo saved, that'll be 100 Crystals...

At least, from what I can tell, you don't need a Sensei to unlock a Class, only to upgrade it.

The minimum to have access to everything looks like it would be 1 Starter, 9 Senseis, and 9 Crystals...or $300. 50-75% off of that seems reasonable.
The hard part is waiting it out till you get the 50%-75% off deals.

Another worry if the crystals are anything like traps were buy the time you hit that level of discount all but the most common (i.e. water traps) will be gone.

Today Toys R Us has the Superchargers starter packs on sale for $20 and single figures are buy 1 get 2 free. Some other sets are 50% off as well.

Not exactly. They also have "fighting styles", ala Swap Force "movement styles". The 10 Senseis you get also have to be certain ones so that you cover all 10 styles as well as the 10 elements (hopefully you can do that with only 10).

The Dark Starter is actually a decent deal this year, if you don't mind variants. You get 3 figures and 3 crystals, instead of 2 and 1, which is roughly $35 in value for $25 more. However counting sales and the fact the Dark Edition rarely goes on sale early that is problematic.

Not exactly. They also have "fighting styles", ala Swap Force "movement styles". The 10 Senseis you get also have to be certain ones so that you cover all 10 styles as well as the 10 elements (hopefully you can do that with only 10).

The Dark Starter is actually a decent deal this year, if you don't mind variants. You get 3 figures and 3 crystals, instead of 2 and 1, which is roughly $35 in value for $25 more. However counting sales and the fact the Dark Edition rarely goes on sale early that is problematic.
It didn't take long at all for the Dark Editions of Superchargers to drop, though that may be due to the lackluster interest in Superchargers in general.

The hard part is waiting it out till you get the 50%-75% off deals.

Another worry if the crystals are anything like traps were buy the time you hit that level of discount all but the most common (i.e. water traps) will be gone.
Yes, I saw a Dark Trap at GS, and held off buying it, waiting for a sale . . . and I'm still waiting! Same with Krypt King and Wildfire Lion. Of course, I'd still be incomplete, as I've never seen a Light Trap anywhere.

Is Buzz Wing and the regular version of his driver still in that limited release window where they are only available at TRU? They are the last two we need to complete the set for Superchargers and was hoping to score them at GS this weekend.

Is Buzz Wing and the regular version of his driver still in that limited release window where they are only available at TRU? They are the last two we need to complete the set for Superchargers and was hoping to score them at GS this weekend.
Not sure, but I went ahead and purchased Buzz Wing at TRU during the B1G2 free sale. Since I had Easter Egg version of the Buzz Wing driver, I picked up the power blue variant of Trigger Happy & Splat => making each cost $5 after using a $3 coupon...not bad.

I was thinking of picking up the power blue variant vehicles for Trigger Happy & Splat, but is there any difference between the power blue variant and the regular vehicles other than the color?

It didn't take long at all for the Dark Editions of Superchargers to drop, though that may be due to the lackluster interest in Superchargers in general.
It did not, but that may mean they make them more limited this year to not cause shelf glut and clearances. The quick sales this year were due to them way over shooting the mark on SC.

Not sure, but I went ahead and purchased Buzz Wing at TRU during the B1G2 free sale. Since I had Easter Egg version of the Buzz Wing driver, I picked up the power blue variant of Trigger Happy & Splat => making each cost $5 after using a $3 coupon...not bad.

I was thinking of picking up the power blue variant vehicles for Trigger Happy & Splat, but is there any difference between the power blue variant and the regular vehicles other than the color?
Power Blue characters have higher stat compared to regular version, though it seems the difference isn't that much compared to Dark variant vs Regular.

​Vehicles seems to be the same as they don't carry stat.

The Eggcited Thrillipeded (for Buzz Wing) has much higher stat than regular (and because it's mostly white, it easier to pick one has better paint job)

I also have the regular Fiesta which I like the color way better than Frightful Fiesta, but that variant has much higher stat.

I picked up the Power Blue Splatter Splasher for my Power Blue Splat (got it for $4.6 from Amazon). There were 5 or 6 in store, I hardly found one that had satisfactory paint job, finally just picked the one least bad.

All Superchargers Figures on sale on GS online now.  I really don't like $3 Handling charge but end up pay less taxes.  Just don't few driving to local GS today or tomorrow.  Picked all the Special Characters & Vehicles ;)

These randomly appeared at one of my Walgreens.  Ive been going to the store fairly often looking for pops and I'd never seen them before (could've been hiding in the back) Sadly no Dark/Light ones.

EZvCngmm.jpg

Picked up a few Superchargers and vehicles. Got Nightfall to have a complete element set. They had a decent selection.

This store also had the B2G3 signs up. I usually can't find 5 I want ... but I was able to find 5 Swap Force swappables that I didn't yet have. My son should have a near complete Swap Force collection when he gets it all next Xmas.

Picked up pretty much everything else I needed after the Target 75% off Cartwheel sale.

Only thing I am missing is the regular Thrillipede and Buzzwing vehicle.

I ordered the Sky Racing Pack and two Blue Power vehicles from Gamestop.com because I couldn't find any in-store. Used the SAVER code and paid $2.00 for shipping instead of $4.99. The Sky Racing Pack is also available for 50% off on Amazon.

Also, as a heads up the Sea Racing pack I picked up was on clearance so I ended up paying ~$12 for it.

Do the Eon's Elite figures released for Superchargers come with the character cards and/or stickers? I noticed they are not sealed and anyone could open them in store.

Do the Eon's Elite figures released for Superchargers come with the character cards and/or stickers? I noticed they are not sealed and anyone could open them in store.
No cards, but you do get the sticker thing. There were no cards for anything Skylanders this year.

TRU had Buy 1 get another for $1 on single figures when I went in yesterday.

I started the game last night, I guess I need a boat and an aircraft , anyone got any recommendations on good packs to buy if I just want to buy a vehicle + character bundle for air and sea ?

TRU had Buy 1 get another for $1 on single figures when I went in yesterday.

I started the game last night, I guess I need a boat and an aircraft , anyone got any recommendations on good packs to buy if I just want to buy a vehicle + character bundle for air and sea ?
I personally love Splat.

I went today no buzz wings in sight
Check the web site to see if you can pick up from store. If the web site said they have it, ask the store to check their inventory.

2 weeks ago I was at TRU doing B1G2, there was no Buzz Wing (which should have already out for more than 2 weeks), I showed them the website said they have it, and they checked store inventory and should be more than 20. At last, the manager found the whole unpacked box in their storage.

Check the web site to see if you can pick up from store. If the web site said they have it, ask the store to check their inventory.
2 weeks ago I was at TRU doing B1G2, there was no Buzz Wing (which should have already out for more than 2 weeks), I showed them the website said they have it, and they checked store inventory and should be more than 20. At last, the manager found the whole unpacked box in their storage.
Ya my store didn't have it then either. Only ones I need now are thrillapede buzz wing and the sky trophy

I read that McDonalds has $20 off coupons for the Superchargers starter packs. They found them lying on the counter (not included with the Happy Meal toys like they have been in the past). Target has a 60% off cartwheel, making them $20. So free after coupon.

I read that McDonalds has $20 off coupons for the Superchargers starter packs. They found them lying on the counter (not included with the Happy Meal toys like they have been in the past). Target has a 60% off cartwheel, making them $20. So free after coupon.
At first this news annoyed me since the CS people at Target knowabout Cartwheel and know not to combine any kind of deal because they're bastards, but this won't require a price match, so I can just have some stooge at the Electronics counter do it for me. Somebody upload the coupon on here!

At first this news annoyed me since the CS people at Target knowabout Cartwheel and know not to combine any kind of deal because they're bastards, but this won't require a price match, so I can just have some stooge at the Electronics counter do it for me. Somebody upload the coupon on here!
Assuming it's treated as a manufacturer coupon, there shouldn't be any problem combining the two. It clearly states in the Terms and Conditioning of Cartwheel, "Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item."

Checked two local McD in my area and both had no coupons available and both said they never received them. They are still under the impression they are inside the actual toy bag which they are 100% for sure not.

Assuming it's treated as a manufacturer coupon, there shouldn't be any problem combining the two. It clearly states in the Terms and Conditioning of Cartwheel, "Limit no more than one manufacturer coupon (paper or Cartwheel digital), one Target coupon and one Cartwheel offer can be combined per item."
This is the moment when the manager says to you, "well, it's up to the manager's discretion whether or not to honor coupons," then you passively threaten to call corporate.

Does anyone know where I can get a spotlight or blackout from trap team? We never got any locally but would like to avoid eBay pricing if possible.

Try going to a local GameStop and seeing if they can search the area for you. If you find any most stores will ship tgem to your local store for puck up.

No he means that you originally had to buy the Wii or 3DS version. Which is the useless version of the game. Since it's only the racing part, and nothing else.

bread's done
Back