Official Skylanders Thread

Yes, I meant the actual video game. Didn't know you could get them separately. Might do that now.
If you don't mind used check your local GameStop. I've seen them at a few of mine. Also you can have the store check the system and see if any stores might have them and they can than ship them to your local store.

If anyone can score an extra or two of the $20 off coupons for SuperChargers from McD I would gladly send a few dollars Paypal your way for it.

Thanks

I went to McDonald's yesterday and the manager had no clue. She at least went to check and see if she could find them but said they didn't get any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone's Toys R Us get regular Thrillipede in stores?
No, I don't think it ever showed up in store. Just online for a while in late April for preorders then again right after it started shipping. Maybe later summer or when Imaginators is due or out to take advantage of the increased interest. The problem right now is stores are having a hard enough time moving the ones they already have, they don't want more stuff they have to put on clearance.

I know I'm behind, but I'm still looking to complete my traps and trap masters. I have all the standard traps now, as well as one trap master for each standard element.

So what to do about light and dark? Seems they can be very pricey, should I just not bother and see if they come down when Imaginators comes out? Is there any situation where I could find them in a regular store? Our should I just skip them altogether? (I am happy to see I don't need them for the platinum trophy.)

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I know I'm behind, but I'm still looking to complete my traps and trap masters. I have all the standard traps now, as well as one trap master for each standard element.

So what to do about light and dark? Seems they can be very pricey, should I just not bother and see if they come down when Imaginators comes out? Is there any situation where I could find them in a regular store? Our should I just skip them altogether? (I am happy to see I don't need them for the platinum trophy.)
Skip, eBay is really the only option and you will pay through the nose. Light and Dark Traps were very hard to find when the game was current, now they are essentially impossible to find. The ideal way to get them was in the Light/Dark expansions, but those are also pretty much gone. They have no great purpose outside of Trap Team, and even in that you can do without if you are just after trophies.

Skip, eBay is really the only option and you will pay through the nose. Light and Dark Traps were very hard to find when the game was current, now they are essentially impossible to find. The ideal way to get them was in the Light/Dark expansions, but those are also pretty much gone. They have no great purpose outside of Trap Team, and even in that you can do without if you are just after trophies.
Thanks. Exactly what I was looking to find out.

I had no idea those things were worth so much now. I haven't opened any of the Trap Team stuff that I've picked up for my kids. Crazy to see those light and dark expansion sets going for as much as they are on Ebay.

I had no idea those things were worth so much now. I haven't opened any of the Trap Team stuff that I've picked up for my kids. Crazy to see those light and dark expansion sets going for as much as they are on Ebay.
They really didn't come out in great numbers. They snuck out right before Christmas that year when many people were already done shopping then never really got a huge restock, so many people never really had a huge chance of getting them. Also, the dark/light traps were in trap assortments in small numbers, and stores had to buy cases of them to get just a couple - which resulted in more water and life traps no one wanted on the shelves. The stock numbers were the same on all traps, so inventory systems told them they had plenty of traps, even though it was mostly life and water ones. Trap distribution was a mess.

Just got email from Toys r Us
Tuessay only:

Disney infinity 1.0 Buy 1 get 1 80% off
Infinity 2.0 buy 1 get 1 60% off
Infinity 2 and 3 packs 50% off
Skylanders Superchargers and Trap Team single figs buy 1 get 2 free

1 Day Sale on Toys To Life at ToysRUs, June 21st only!

50% Off all Skylander Spyro's Adventures, Giants, and Swap Force figures

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?s=A-UnitRank&origkw=061916swap&sr=1&keywords=061916swap&kwCatId=&kw=061916swap&ppg=96

60% Off all Skylander Superchargers Dual Packs (Character and Vehicle, Bowser and DK included!)
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=skydual&keywords=skydual&origkw=skydual&sr=1&ppg=96

60% Off all Skylander Superchargers Race Packs

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=skyracepk&keywords=skyracepk&origkw=skyracepk&sr=1&ppg=96

Buy 1 Get 2 Free all Skylander Superchargers and Trap Team Figures

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=skyttscsing&keywords=skyttscsing&origkw=skyttscsing&sr=1&ppg=96

Anybody know if target will pricematch toys r us? Got some gift cards there to use.
They will and they won't

They WILL price match if you have a specific price, aka if you can show them the price is $10.99 on their website they will match it

They WON'T match a vague 60% off.

Is there anything Superchargers that's a must get during this deal? I haven't played it at all, just got the starter pack and the air, land and sea thing from Amazon. Any specific characters our vehicles I'll need for that platinum?

The vehicles are buy 1 get 2 free as well.
And all you need for a plat trophy is one of each vehicle
9a0d93b5822eb1e6b11d844bfe16b8e0.jpg

No deals on vehicles I guess
Vehicles are buy 1 get 2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com%2Fsearch%2Findex.jsp%3FkwCatId%3D%26amp%3Bkw%3Dskyttscsing%26amp%3Bkeywords%3Dskyttscsing%26amp%3Borigkw%3Dskyttscsing%26amp%3Bsr%3D1%26amp%3Bppg%3D96&pid=13376044

Is there anything Superchargers that's a must get during this deal? I haven't played it at all, just got the starter pack and the air, land and sea thing from Amazon. Any specific characters our vehicles I'll need for that platinum?

I personally love Splat

For some reason it isn't working with thrillapede even though it's listed, I thought it was the vehicle at first but if I add a different figure it works. Frustrating sense I don't need many more

I just ordered Splat, Legendary Bone Bash Roller Brawl, High Volt and the Donkey Kong pack. This gave me all 8 standard elements, and my son had wanted that Amiibo.

Well, that's a fucking pain in the ass.

I tried to have Target.com price match the Donkey Kong and Bowser Skylander packs.

They refused stating that the items on ToysRUS and their own website are different products.

The UPC for both items are the same between the sites, but Target.com has a different Model # than the TRU version.

I'm kind of bummed that it seems like Land Racing packs never show up anywhere but Amazon. (and never on sale.)
gamestop.com and you missed the pretty good Skylanders day 50% off racing pack 3 weeks ago.

Anyone try the new battlecast card game? I picked some up for my son but I could only get one card to scan. No matter what I try it keeps giving me an error. Anybody experience this? Any tricks?

These were 49cent today at Toys r us
It has been 49c over a week in my Toysrus. It was 99c for months and now all Giant and Swap Force are 50% off so it's now 49c and they still have a cart of them.

Make sure to check if you're satisfied with the paint job. The first one I got at 99c has the lips paint shifted half off the lips, had to exchange for another and went thru over 20 to find one that didn't have dirty face or obvious uneven paint.

It has been 49c over a week in my Toysrus. It was 99c for months and now all Giant and Swap Force are 50% off so it's now 49c and they still have a cart of them.
Make sure to check if you're satisfied with the paint job. The first one I got at 99c has the lips paint shifted half off the lips, had to exchange for another and went thru over 20 to find one that didn't have dirty face or obvious uneven paint.
The one I got is the one in the picture the paint is pretty good on it. I'm new to the Series this year so I'm playing Major catch up so whenever I find good deals like this I can't pass up

The one I got is the one in the picture the paint is pretty good on it. I'm new to the Series this year so I'm playing Major catch up so whenever I find good deals like this I can't pass up
I paid a hell of a lot more when I bought her last year, but she proved to be incredibly useful in the first three games once she was fully powered up (hint: go for the powered up skulls path), so you got a super good deal.

I don't know why I had ignored them, but I never really played any of the giants I have - until today. Since I'm working on the Trap Team plat, I played a couple of them in Kaos mode. Now I love both Thumpback and Hot Head. Ninjini is fun too.

For those looking for Trap Masters still, TJ Maxx might have some. The store I work at got Kaboom as well as the harder to find Wallop at 7.99 each. I know they have probably been cheaper at some point but you may stumble on some of the harder to find figures.

This was taken in February.  I call it "Wall of Evil".  They may have sold a few since then.  I wouldn't take one for free.  She's the only Skylander I refuse to own, even in her cuter mini form.  I'll pass on the magical incantation chanting in my children's games, thanks.

8aa1e4ad685610ebf0a7bb9743d834b5.jpg

This was taken in February. I call it "Wall of Evil". They may have sold a few since then. I wouldn't take one for free. She's the only Skylander I refuse to own, even in her cuter mini form. I'll pass on the magical incantation chanting in my children's games, thanks.

I was about to but the version that works with the previous game also but I choose the cheaper one because it lights up. Great deal imo.

This was taken in February. I call it "Wall of Evil". They may have sold a few since then. I wouldn't take one for free. She's the only Skylander I refuse to own, even in her cuter mini form. I'll pass on the magical incantation chanting in my children's games, thanks.

So, I guess you don't own a lot of Skylanders then. Since many of them use magic. There is even an entire Magic element.

Wait, your avoiding hex because she chants magical things?...have your kids ever seen a disney movie? or anything involving magic at all?

Wait, your avoiding hex because she chants magical things?...have your kids ever seen a disney movie? or anything involving magic at all?
If I had to choose, I would have my son watch Evil Dead 2 before he'd be allowed to see Princess and the Frog.

Got a Toys R Us e-mail saying Buy 1 Get 2 Free Skylanders is back this weekend, but in-store only this time.

Link to website showing sale: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3395098&camp=CME:TRU:DE062616A_Dynamic&csep=e2467165-c826-4224-ae28-7f7a32ad782a&dtm_em=15bdb98fd2aeeef64a9ecac8cbb0b023#videogames

That means you can get three Lightcore Hex for $0.99!!! Only $0.33 each!

Not sure if someone was confused earlier, but Lightcore Hex (plus LC Warnado and LC Wham Shell) work in Spyro's Adventure, they just appear as normal versions in that game.

Wasn't she originally an exclusive, then it turns out her S2 version was far, far more powerful?

Not sure if someone was confused earlier, but Lightcore Hex (plus LC Warnado and LC Wham Shell) work in Spyro's Adventure, they just appear as normal versions in that game.
Wasn't she originally an exclusive, then it turns out her S2 version was far, far more powerful?
Thing about lightcore is: they're basically worse in every single way from a S2+ version. Lightcore doesn't let you alternate between both paths without resetting the character like S2+ do, and they don't include the new extra Wow Pow ability.

You're trading great in-game perks to have the figure light up and a mediocre screen-affecting attack when you first place them on the portal.

That said: everyone should own a lightcore Prism Break due to his pure awesomeness when lit up. The rest are meh at best (I'm especially looking at LC Drobot, with his stupid light-up dot on his back)

hqdefault.jpg

Light up effects are very hit and miss for me anyhow. Most of the LC figures I've had have been middling at best.

I have to say I do like how some of the Giants light up, though. Ninjini looks neat, and the rock guy with the big hammer looks really good lit up.

bread's done
Back