Official Skylanders Thread

Saw some $5 Trap Masters at Five Below. While it had the usuals like Tuff Luck, it also had some of the harder to find ones, like Wallop.
I found a few Trap Masters for $3.99 at TJ Maxx and Marshall, but I have one for each element already. I even saw one Superchargers vehicle for $4.99.

A few weeks ago, 99c store had a bunch of Giant Swarm for $1.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any area in Imaginators can only be unlocked by Villain Sensei?

I think I read somewhere it's better to get Villain Sensei than regular Sensei but I couldn't find the source again.

These days its hard to talk to the local best buy store, even the old local numbers redirect to the 800 number and for questions like that all the phone rep will do is check the same way anyone checks on their website.
It's hard to talk to people IN the store.
My store was showing every character instock online with "pick up today" options.
I went to the store, there was literally nothing on the shelf, and the guy who was working there (Transfer from another store) Tried to tell me "Oh it shows pick up today if it's in transit to the store"

Is there any area in Imaginators can only be unlocked by Villain Sensei?

I think I read somewhere it's better to get Villain Sensei than regular Sensei but I couldn't find the source again.
Not as far as I know, there really isn't any difference from what I can tell.

Is there any area in Imaginators can only be unlocked by Villain Sensei?

The villains tend to have more interesting character designs, and better personalities, but there isn't any villain-exclusive gates that I am aware of, and Kaos, the ultimate villain, doesn't do anything as far as opening gates.

It's hard to talk to people IN the store.
My store was showing every character instock online with "pick up today" options.
I went to the store, there was literally nothing on the shelf, and the guy who was working there (Transfer from another store) Tried to tell me "Oh it shows pick up today if it's in transit to the store"
So true, what's sad is when I know exactly what I want and I'm on a mission they're always there to harass me and ask me canned lines. But when I actually need assistance they are nowhere to be found. Yeah if you're referring to best buy pick up today should be in stock at the store (could be misplaced, poorly inventoried, or in the back). Actually that reminds me of my Toys R Us, they begrudgingly hold so much stock of Skylanders back hoping that ones everyone already owns will sell, then waaay later they put it on the shelf after I've read online that other Toys R Us' have had it for weeks or more.

So true, what's sad is when I know exactly what I want and I'm on a mission they're always there to harass me and ask me canned lines. But when I actually need assistance they are nowhere to be found. Yeah if you're referring to best buy pick up today should be in stock at the store (could be misplaced, poorly inventoried, or in the back). Actually that reminds me of my Toys R Us, they begrudgingly hold so much stock of Skylanders back hoping that ones everyone already owns will sell, then waaay later they put it on the shelf after I've read online that other Toys R Us' have had it for weeks or more.
I was at BB Sunday and noticed they had wave 3 for in store pick up so I checked and the shelves were barren. I asked them to check stock and guy showed all the ones I wanted as one or two on hand. He said he didn't trust the computer and tried to act like we were done talking. I told him I expect you to go verify there are none in the back. He finally did after stopping to talk to one customer and two other employees. He came back with a manager guy and said the box was marked as hold until the 30th and the manager shook his head in agreement and stated they couldn't sell them. So I stood there and ordered all 4 items on BB app for in store pick up and browsed awhile. The online pick up guy with in 30 minutes had went in the back grabbed all of them and 45 minutes later I walked out with all the wave 3's I wanted at that time. YMMV!

I'm just shaking my head and rubbing my temples after today.

All I want to find is a Normal Hood Sickle with a non-bent weapon.

The character is literally sold out in my state according to inventory trackers, but I know the ToysRUs near by (still almost 30miles away) almost always has burgeoning shelves of Skylanders.

So I went there with my Target flyer, and checked the shelves to find nothing... the women working back there, who knows me by name, went to check stock and when she found nothing, she began to check stocks at the other stores.

I told he it's just as well, I was going to be a pain anyway since I would have had to price match the character to the flyer. She then said that she doesn't think they price match anymore, and used the store radio.

A manager immediately came back to tell me that they no longer price match due to the season and how competitive the prices are around this time period. I really do feel that stuff like this should be in writing somewhere, so we don't have to guess when they will honor their price match guarantee and when they won't.

I was at BB Sunday and noticed they had wave 3 for in store pick up so I checked and the shelves were barren. I asked them to check stock and guy showed all the ones I wanted as one or two on hand. He said he didn't trust the computer and tried to act like we were done talking. I told him I expect you to go verify there are none in the back. He finally did after stopping to talk to one customer and two other employees. He came back with a manager guy and said the box was marked as hold until the 30th and the manager shook his head in agreement and stated they couldn't sell them. So I stood there and ordered all 4 items on BB app for in store pick up and browsed awhile. The online pick up guy with in 30 minutes had went in the back grabbed all of them and 45 minutes later I walked out with all the wave 3's I wanted at that time. YMMV!
Yeah they're just lazy or want to prove a point, I've had situations like that all too often. Funny story there was a game at Walmart 29.99 but online it was on clearance to 7.00 or so, I went inside the store and tried to price match their own site, they refused. Then I left the store and ordered it for store pick up at that store, killed some time then came back and picked it up. I could tell there was some chatter going on in the back and they seemed unhappy when giving me my order.

Yeah they're just lazy or want to prove a point, I've had situations like that all too often. Funny story there was a game at Walmart 29.99 but online it was on clearance to 7.00 or so, I went inside the store and tried to price match their own site, they refused. Then I left the store and ordered it for store pick up at that store, killed some time then came back and picked it up. I could tell there was some chatter going on in the back and they seemed unhappy when giving me my order.
I've done that so many fucking times.
They always give me the excuse "The online site is a separate entity from us, and we cannot match their prices by policy"
I've even stood there and ordered it for pickup infront of them, or went over and used their online kiosk.. when they had those.

target.com and target store have different price and sale, and cartwheel is only available in store
Never did come back and see your response here but did end up at target tonight with my wife... saw the sale stickers for $9.99 and checked the Cartwheel app thinking surely that had expired but nope, still active for a few days!

Walked out with Barbella and Chain Reaction for the same price as I had been buying them before except now I wasn't forced to get 3 at a time. Sweet!

Chain Reaction is the one I REALLY wanted this whole time too!

Store had a complete re-stock also, all the ones I was lucky enough to find at the target 30 minutes away were now in stock at my local target haha

Wonder if the one 30 mins from here has any new ones I didn't get yet? Ahh I am addicted :(

Never did come back and see your response here but did end up at target tonight with my wife... saw the sale stickers for $9.99 and checked the Cartwheel app thinking surely that had expired but nope, still active for a few days!

Walked out with Barbella and Chain Reaction for the same price as I had been buying them before except now I wasn't forced to get 3 at a time. Sweet!

Chain Reaction is the one I REALLY wanted this whole time too!

Store had a complete re-stock also, all the ones I was lucky enough to find at the target 30 minutes away were now in stock at my local target haha

Wonder if the one 30 mins from here has any new ones I didn't get yet? Ahh I am addicted :(
Restock you say? Sale still on? Looks like I'm not done with Target yet after all, and good thing we no longer have to buy three at a time too, as I have reached the point where I'm rapidly running out of space for these things, and have to be more selective of what I get regardless of price. Sadly, the only ones I am interested in are Wolfgang and/or Ro Bow (need a bowslinger and Buckshot, which is the only one they often have, is lame), Pain-Yatta, Tidepool, and (maybe) Wild Storm, none of which I've ever seen at any Target ever.

Restock you say? Sale still on? Looks like I'm not done with Target yet after all, and good thing we no longer have to buy three at a time too, as I have reached the point where I'm rapidly running out of space for these things, and have to be more selective of what I get regardless of price. Sadly, the only ones I am interested in are Wolfgang and/or Ro Bow (need a bowslinger and Buckshot, which is the only one they often have, is lame), Pain-Yatta, Tidepool, and (maybe) Wild Storm, none of which I've ever seen at any Target ever.
The only ones I still need that i'm seeing advertised anywhere are Wolfgang and StarCaster.

I haven't actually seen any of the other imaginators in-store or online anywhere. Are Pain-Yatta, Tidepool, etc actually out there in the wild?

The only ones I still need that i'm seeing advertised anywhere are Wolfgang and StarCaster.

I haven't actually seen any of the other imaginators in-store or online anywhere. Are Pain-Yatta, Tidepool, etc actually out there in the wild?
Nope, they'll be released when Activision decides we've waited too long.

I managed to find a lone Starcast at Target the other night; he's without a doubt the best Sensei, figure-wise.

So, I just learned from Toys R Us Customer Service that what happened yesterday was Bullshit and the only days they cannot honor price match are Black Friday - Cyber Monday

Painyatta is available in Europe and Australia in the dual pack (or at least has been). Not in the US yet, but it did pop up on Amazon for a theoretical future date, you could order but no idea when it would come out. In addition to him - Tidepool, Ro-Bow, Grave Clobber, Blaster-tron and Wild Storm are not available yet, and Chompy Mage has only been available in the Amazon villain pack.

So, I'm late to the Imaginators party but I watched it being played over Christmas, and now I really want it... does anyone know any good upcoming deals for the game/figures/crystals? I saw the Cartwheel one, but is there a Skylanders Day coming up at Gamestop where they might be cheaper?

I could just get the portal owner's pack, but I really want Golden Queen.

So, I'm late to the Imaginators party but I watched it being played over Christmas, and now I really want it... does anyone know any good upcoming deals for the game/figures/crystals? I saw the Cartwheel one, but is there a Skylanders Day coming up at Gamestop where they might be cheaper?

I could just get the portal owner's pack, but I really want Golden Queen.
gamestop has a sale right now. Figures are 2/$20 and crystals are 2/$15

Aside from the Target Cartwheels, that is the cheapest I've seen them, and they have ones I've never seen at Target, like Wolfgang and Painyatta.
I remember last year after superchargers came out target had sales that stacked with a cartwheel coupon once a month or so it seemed like. I remember picking some up for as cheap as $4. The kids got imaginators for Christmas this year and this was the first year that we didn't buy a bunch of extra characters ext... I'm not making that mistake again and i will only pick them up when they are close to 50% or more off.So we will hold off until good sales come along.

Last week at Target figures were $6.75 with their sale/cartwheel/10% off electronics all stacking, which I believe is the best price so far. I would imagine they will soon be lower.

Best Buy has their "Steel Plated" version in stock for shipping right now.
That thing is hideous looking! By far, the worst Variant I've ever seen! I saw some alternate versions (possibly earlier designs) which looked nice, one featuring more colors to offset that horrible green, another that was entirely metallic gray, allowing the name to make sense. This is the one that is on the BB website. Sadly the final one is a travesty, and I don't think I'm alone, as every time I go into BB, there are a ton of them cluttering the shelves, sometimes the only ones left.

Last week at Target figures were $6.75 with their sale/cartwheel/10% off electronics all stacking, which I believe is the best price so far. I would imagine they will soon be lower.
I tried to use that 10% off electronics coupon and got shot down, was told that they were toys and not electronics. Also tried to use a different $10 off $50 coupon I received in a mailer and also got shot down on that. $7.50 or so was the best I saw on the figures this time around, and I bought like a total of 15...

I tried to use that 10% off electronics coupon and got shot down, was told that they were toys and not electronics. Also tried to use a different $10 off $50 coupon I received in a mailer and also got shot down on that. $7.50 or so was the best I saw on the figures this time around, and I bought like a total of 15...
Funny, there was a games and toys coupon that didn't work because they were considered video games, not toys.

The 10% off was automatically applied at checkout and required no coupon. The only thing you needed was to have the Skylanders coupon on you cartwheel app and to have them scan it. I picked up 4 figures this way.

Anybody else notice the target exclusive figures don't get the weekly deals or cartwheel discounts. Twice now that has happened to me with sunspot aurora and jingle chompy mage.

Anybody else notice the target exclusive figures don't get the weekly deals or cartwheel discounts. Twice now that has happened to me with sunspot aurora and jingle chompy mage.
Always does not work for cartwheel, I tried a few times when there was 75% cartwheel off on Superchargers (exclusive or variant). The only way to do it is to get the register to manually override the price.

The 10% off was automatically applied at checkout and required no coupon. The only thing you needed was to have the Skylanders coupon on you cartwheel app and to have them scan it. I picked up 4 figures this way.
Oh are you referring to the one day 10% off electronics sale they had? I bought Barbella and Chain Reaction that day and the 10% didn't apply, I complained about it and they said it's because they were toys not electronics. I got shot down on that little extra discount every time I bought them using various coupons. The B2G1 and 25% Cartwheel worked just fine, but the little extra was never allowed...

This is kinda weird cause I bought the auroro and chompy mage variants and they rang up in the promotional transactions no problem, but Kaos was a big fat road block that they had to go in and manually override.

Hey all, 
My wife acquired a ton of figures(about 80) for Christmas and now we are trying to figure out how to display/store our Skylanders.
She would prefer to have something nice, so a bucket of sorts is out.

Any thoughts or what yall are currently doing would be appreciated.

Hey all,
My wife acquired a ton of figures(about 80) for Christmas and now we are trying to figure out how to display/store our Skylanders.

Lots of people recommend ornament boxes from walmart

Hey all,

The snapware ornament cases at Walmart are the best solution I've found for storage, in terms of space, the amount they hold, and cost, but they don't look too nice, and don't really display them. A lot of Giants, Trap Masters, and Senseis are also too tall for them. A shelf designed for collectibles is what I would recommend, but any shelf, such as the ones they sell to hold books in college dorms, ones designed to fit CDs, or anything that doesn't have shelves too deep should do. Measure the tallest Skylander (probably Ninjini, if you have her), and the largest base (probably that Tree one that comes in the Giants starter pack) to ensure they will fit, or you could set the shelves for different sizes (or get two), to accommodate "normal" Skylanders, and signature ones, like Giants and Trap Masters, as they're often far larger than the others, and you don't want to waste space putting normal Skylanders on shelves designed for Trap Masters.

I'm on the fence about Imaginators. Is it any good? For perspective, I'd rank the previous ones from favorite to least:

1. Swap Force

2. Spyro's Adventures

3. Superchargers

4. Trap Team

5. Giants (though this may have to do with playing it on the Wii U, but maybe not).

I'm on the fence about Imaginators. Is it any good? For perspective, I'd rank the previous ones from favorite to least:

1. Swap Force

2. Spyro's Adventures

3. Superchargers

4. Trap Team

5. Giants (though this may have to do with playing it on the Wii U, but maybe not).
I would probably rank them different as I didn't really like Swap Force (too many locked combination gates), and I enjoyed Giants. I didn't play Superchargers (the racing aspect didn't do anything for me) although I picked up quite a few figures when BB had them on sale. I only picked up Imaginators because it was cheap, and found some used figures cheap. So far I'm enjoying it, the creation process is a lot of fun, but is dependent on how many pieces you have collected/unlocked. I'm trying not to buy a bunch of chest since it seems to reward them in game frequently.

I use these for storage for the core figures, Giants and Swap Figures:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O7R6RS6/
These were the ones I used, although I haven't tried them with the larger figures (I got to where I didn't take them out of the box). They used to come in a 3 pack at Wal-Mart pretty inexpensive. I haven't looked for them lately though.

1. Swap Force

2. Spyro's Adventures

3. Superchargers

4. Trap Team

Imaginators is worth buying because of the Imaginators themselves. Unlocking more and more parts gives you incentive to keep on playing, and many of the Senseis and Villains have cool powers that are fun to use. You start out your creation with a very limited selection of parts, so you make do with what you have, but as you gain more, you can customize your creation more and more the way you want it. It gives me a good incentive to keep picking fights with randomly wandering enemies every time I see one, as they drop chests every time. There are also no more locked gates in stages: instead, there are bonus levels dotted along the area (usually close to standard level entrances) which usually feature some sort of puzzle element and do a good job capturing the theme of the element. You can unlock voices and Ultimate gear in there, but it's all bonus; you'll get enough stuff within the standard levels and areas open to everyone (like the arena and wandering enemies).

So having defeated Chaos and being well on my way to getting the Platinum on Imaginators I have to say that this is hands down the worst Skylanders, and I am surprised that it has gotten as good of a reception here as it has. The praise this gets for the Imaginators is valid, the most fun thing for my daughter was definitely designing her own character, but this comes at a serious cost. This is terrible for the second player. The designing of the character and the endless tinkering as you add parts all leave player 2 with nothing to do. Also many of the mini games or flying parts of this game leave the 2nd player with nothing to do, or play a bit part that is mostly irrelevant.
Throw in that this game is far shorter than the other games and it feels like Skylanders is going out with a wimper with Imaginators.

So having defeated Chaos and being well on my way to getting the Platinum on Imaginators I have to say that this is hands down the worst Skylanders, and I am surprised that it has gotten as good of a reception here as it has. The praise this gets for the Imaginators is valid, the most fun thing for my daughter was definitely designing her own character, but this comes at a serious cost. This is terrible for the second player. The designing of the character and the endless tinkering as you add parts all leave player 2 with nothing to do. Also many of the mini games or flying parts of this game leave the 2nd player with nothing to do, or play a bit part that is mostly irrelevant.
Throw in that this game is far shorter than the other games and it feels like Skylanders is going out with a wimper with Imaginators.
You are right about the length: 10 stages is at least 4-6 levels short of past installments, and the levels pretty much follow what occurred before. However, unlocking new parts gave me great incentive to replay levels over and over again. It's a shame they didn't go the Lego Dimensions route and allow us to play with our Imaginators in earlier games. If they'd done that, and kept our old characters relvant, this might not have been the last year.

1. Swap Force

2. Spyro's Adventures

3. Superchargers

4. Trap Team

Quick question - I bought my daughter Skylanders Imaginators for Xmas and she loves.

If I want to get one of these other games, can I use the same portal? I would hate to have 5 different pads sitting around my TV.

Quick question - I bought my daughter Skylanders Imaginators for Xmas and she loves.

If I want to get one of these other games, can I use the same portal? I would hate to have 5 different pads sitting around my TV.
The best portal to use is the Trap Team one for everything. It is pretty well built, looks cool and lights up and has a speaker for the Traps. I think the Superchargers one will possibly work for all of them, since it does have a Trap slot, but no speaker. The speaker is actually really neat, you hear villains as they go from your TV speakers to the trap speakers (and also make comments as you play) - but only has functionality in Trap Team.

the imaginator portal should work for everything except trap team, from what I can tell.
It should also work for Trap Team, but just offer no trap functionality. You can still capture enemies (they're sent to the "prison" on the main map) so traps are not required to finish the game; they're just a fun extra. However, with starter packs being clearanced everywhere, this shouldn't be an issue.

It should also work for Trap Team, but just offer no trap functionality. You can still capture enemies (they're sent to the "prison" on the main map) so traps are not required to finish the game; they're just a fun extra. However, with starter packs being clearanced everywhere, this shouldn't be an issue.
Actually, If you try to use a superchargers portal in TRAP TEAM, it will register as incompatible.

As far portals go, The trap team portal is by far superior as it will work in all games except the 3DS and mobile ones.

* this was done on the Wii U since I was trying to see if the trap had a variant and could not locate my Ps4 Copy. I'm assuming it would be the same for the other games since it was more the game itself showing the error

As far which portals to keep, I'd suggest Trap Team and then Superchargers as your backup since those are able to accept all figures.

bread's done
Back