Official Steamdeck thread

went for low one...... snagged top level, cause I have a problem... :shock:

edit: I really just need to figure out getting me a decent desktop gaming pc.... :joystick:  :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does this take to clear? 

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

I went for the mid, wished I also put a deposit on the high end one. Went back to see if I can add the high and it wouldn't let me.

Edit: Looks like 1 Steam Deck per account. Which is understandable.

You probably did. My final checkout screen was stuck on "Working" for a solid 5 mintues. I left that window open. I then checked my cart in a different window. it showed -$5 from my wallet balance and that I "already own this game" for what was in my cart. The checkout window updated with a confirmation several minutes later.

Disclosure: I'm 100% doing this for Trails in the Sky on handheld.
Just got a confirmation email. I went for the 256gb model, since I don't normally play big, AAA games and the anti-glare screen isn't necessary for my stay-indoors lifestyle. I might not even keep this, but it's just so intriguing that I had to reserve one. It'll certainly encourage me to buy more games on PC since a Steam Deck won't tie me to a desktop or laptop (my husband has the desktop, so we have to share, and my laptop is a bit too dank for PC games released within the last five years). I'm really interested to see where this all goes.

Watch, they'll announce Trails in the Sky Switch ports next week lol

Now there is a unique message saying fulfillment estimate under the button to add to cart so I wonder if they are already reserved

Just got a confirmation email. I went for the 256gb model, since I don't normally play big, AAA games and the anti-glare screen isn't necessary for my stay-indoors lifestyle. I might not even keep this, but it's just so intriguing that I had to reserve one. It'll certainly encourage me to buy more games on PC since a Steam Deck won't tie me to a desktop or laptop (my husband has the desktop, so we have to share, and my laptop is a bit too dank for PC games released within the last five years). I'm really interested to see where this all goes.

Watch, they'll announce Trails in the Sky Switch ports next week lol
I'm getting it to play the Trails in the Sky games. Bought it on Steam but never played them.

I'm getting it to play the Trails in the Sky games. Bought it on Steam but never played them.
Is this your first time playing them? If so, you'll be blown away. Most people name the second game as the best one, but I actually liked the first one the best. The third was good too, if a little repetitive. All three are fantastic games though, and talking about them has reminded me that I still need to get to Crossbell and Cold Steel lol

Is this your first time playing them? If so, you'll be blown away. Most people name the second game as the best one, but I actually liked the first one the best. The third was good too, if a little repetitive. All three are fantastic games though, and talking about them has reminded me that I still need to get to Crossbell and Cold Steel lol
First time, but I actually own copies of Trails in the Sky on the PSP and a digital copy to play on the Vita. Never really got the time to really sit down and play with it. Planning to play all three of them though

Came back and tried and apparently it went through? It still hung on the final order page but this time it sent me an email receipt.

Says the 512 model isn't expected till Q2 2022, but that's plenty of time to see the potential/if this flops

I am not finding that where did you see it?

Came back and tried and apparently it went through? It still hung on the final order page but this time it sent me an email receipt.

Says the 512 model isn't expected till Q2 2022, but that's plenty of time to see the potential/if this flops

I'm glad they're updating the estimated ship date as orders roll in. I was wondering when and how I'd find out if I was early enough to get one this year.

A question that I am wondering and has come up as of today, when its time to pay for the remainder can you use your steam wallet or does it have to be a CC/Paypal. I was thinking it would be good to add funds to my steam wallet over time so I can do a little over time and try and pick up cards when I see discounts for a bigger bang for the buck.

A question that I am wondering and has come up as of today, when its time to pay for the remainder can you use your steam wallet or does it have to be a CC/Paypal. I was thinking it would be good to add funds to my steam wallet over time so I can do a little over time and try and pick up cards when I see discounts for a bigger bang for the buck.
this right here is a good question

Excellent question. Someone should emali Gabe and ask.

Weirdly enough I was able to just choose and checkout smooth as butter just now

Figured I was out of luck on this bad boy since I had to work

managed to get one about 30 minutes ago. Other than the waiting for the order to confirm, it went well compared to the initial time when it was crashing

Totally f'd up. Was there at 10 when it went live but it told me my account was too new (it wasn't) and said I couldn't preorder till Sunday. I just checked back 15 minutes ago and had no problems preordering, so basically got screwed for 3 hours and bumped back into the Q1 2022 category. Should've just went retail with it.

Just to be clear, since this is essentially a mini-PC, I should be able to use this to play games i got from Amazon/Twitch, GoG, Epic and any place else?

Just to be clear, since this is essentially a mini-PC, I should be able to use this to play games i got from Amazon/Twitch, GoG, Epic and any place else?
You can install Windows on it if you want. which should satisfy that.

You can install windows and from what I read, they have a bridging app that allows you to run windows apps on the linux steam os. So it sounds like you may not need windows on it to use other launchers - the only issue is those games that have secondary apps for cheating that launch may not work with the software causing issues.

64GB might not be enough to install Windows, so if you want to use those other marketplaces, you might have to spring for the 256GB model.

This is pretty much my dream device and I can't believe it exists. Maybe I'll finally play more than two hours of Control and won't restart for the 5th time...

anybody actually see a december 2021 predicted order availability?

I see Q1 and Q2 on each, whether it's the model I picked or not

bread's done
Back