Official TEKKEN 6 Thread

The preorder extras did they come in the game case? I had this game preordered from amazon yet have not get an email with the codes for the preorder extras.

I haven't gotten the CTS code either. I know it was up when I preordered too. Going to send them a email to see what is up with it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']So far I am liking the game, but the last boss is too freaking cheap and the load times a too long IMO. Still need to try it online.[/QUOTE]
Don't try online you will either get killed by button mashers or get kicked out of a room for winning. Also major lag. Stick with Ghost Battle mode on Ultra Hard.

Got platinum at 4 in the morning last night. My first platinum.

Time to hate online and relearn all my mains.

For those having trouble with last boss, with any character just bulldog (rush) the boss and constantly press 1,2 or 2,1 depending on the character (square, triangle or triangle, square). Boss most of the time will get hit and not do shit about it. Repeat till dead.

I put down my SFIV for this game and I'm really liking it.
My biggest complaint is that they don't have combo training like Tekken 5 DR on the PSP.
WTF is that? I played T5DR, on the PSP, at my friend's house for the first time and thought that was a great feature. Taught me some air combos and 10 hitters.

My other complaint besides the online lag, is that the music in the game hurts my damn ears. I like the sheep level but do I really need to hear yodeling for all the rematches I played. Other music sucks too. I rather hear SFIV music, "I can feel it coming over me..."

It's really hard going from 2D to a 3D sidestepping game. The blocking for me is hard too. Sucks that my opponent wants to start with eddy gordo. Also how do you throw cancel? It says nothing in the manual about how to cancel an opponents throw.

I played online again tonight. Not as bad as launch day. I play as Xiouyu while everyone else plays as Law (I played against 5 guys in a row and they all used Law.) or Asuka. Won some matches for once, however the lag still kills me some.

I should finally have it tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Will I be displeased with the online play? That was one reason I bought it, and then I hear all this talk about how laggy it is.:bomb:

I played a few matches Friday and Saturday, the lag doesn't seem too bad. Maybe they have got it fixed. Than again I'm not like a top player who can juggle and string together 10 hits or anything.

[quote name='Megalith']This game looks like a damn port.

For a fighting game, graphics are at least 70% of the game, and there's no reason for any of them to look noticeably aged or poor with the current hardware.

The music and presentation are all extremely uninspired, too, and the forced campaign mode simply bores you to tears with terrible cinematics coupled with laughable graphics.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to like this game, as well, but I have to admit it's just not on par with expectations. How all major publications gave it such a high score is beyond me. Mine is on its way to another CAG's house...too many great games out there to settle for this.

Got it today. I tried out the online. I didn't have many matches online that really lagged. Maybe 2-3 of them did although I noticed some matches had some extreme button delay. While some just had a little button delay. If any cags want to play, and own a noob. They should feel free to add me. :lol:

Sorry for the double post. They mentioned on Joystiq that the online is getting a patch,but they don't know when. To be honest the online isn't that bad. I can honestly say I've seen way worse.

I didn't see a 360 thread for this so I thought I would ask this here. Amazon told me that the preorder codes would be sent out 10 days after the game comes out. I was wondering if anyone that ordered from amazon has received their codes yet?

Well, I tried as hard as I possibly could to like this game. I tried to get through the scenario campaign, and got bored about an hour in. The arcade mode was about what I expected (but holy hell, Azazel was kicking my ass on 'Easy' mode). I would have enjoyed the online mode if there weren't so many button mashers using eddie gordo (I fought about 10 of em in a row). It's sad because I really enjoyed all the other Tekken games, but just felt sold out by this one.If anyone is looking for a copy, I have one for sale on my TL now.

Does this topic falling off since the 7th not bode well for Tekken 6?

Any noteworthy improvements or problems that would make me reconsider keeping an eye out for Amazon's unknown sale price (hoping @ $30) on Thursday or not?

I still play this game every other day or so. I still to finish going through each character story. Still waiting on the netcode fix though.

Yeah, it's between getting 6, or rebuying Tekken 5 online on PSN. Forgot about the PSP equation, dammit. Hmm.

Just got the game from Amazon today (~$14 shipped brand new after their sale and the $20 GC from MW2). Looking forward to playing this Christmas day since it's my girlfriends present (big Tekken fan). If all goes well, she'll get me a second PS3 controller for X-mas and we'll go at it before heading out to our families.

[quote name='bobo2k4']So are we still getting those codes for the Yoshimitsu costume?[/QUOTE]

That's the question I've been wondering. I sent an email to namco last week and got a response today that since it's amazon's promotion, they're the ones that should be giving me the code. Some of the other people who got their codes from namco got lucky.

[quote name='Thomas96']I just got the lighting deal OMG 59.96 for the game w/ stick![/QUOTE]
Yup, me too. I couldn't resist such a sweet deal. Now I'll have to explain to my wife...:lol:

[quote name='rokkon']That's the question I've been wondering. I sent an email to namco last week and got a response today that since it's amazon's promotion, they're the ones that should be giving me the code. Some of the other people who got their codes from namco got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just email me a code for the Samurai pack. It seems they finally got them in stock. So if you haven't already gotten it, check your emails now.

Bundle for $60 is alright, but it still hurts knowing about the $30 tweet. :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmlopr']Yup, me too. I couldn't resist such a sweet deal. Now I'll have to explain to my wife...:lol:[/QUOTE]

I had to do some explaining to the wife as well. lol My response was like... I just saved 70 dollars, don't ask me shit! lol

[quote name='Hibiwa']
Bundle for $60 is alright, but it still hurts knowing about the $30 tweet. :wall:[/QUOTE]

that deal was so good, its like myth or a legend. I still don't believe it. But i'll live, maybe amazon will be nice and be like... hey we had that for 30... we'll give it to you for 30.

[quote name='Thongsy']Amazon just email me a code for the Samurai pack. It seems they finally got them in stock. So if you haven't already gotten it, check your emails now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, got the code in my email before going to work.

[quote name='Thomas96']that deal was so good, its like myth or a legend. I still don't believe it. But i'll live, maybe amazon will be nice and be like... hey we had that for 30... we'll give it to you for 30.[/QUOTE]

I got mine for 13 after a leftover ECA code :applause:

Ive only gone through the Arcade mode once and I havent even touched my Arcade Stick. No Tekken game has really got me hooked since Tekken Tag. They really need to bring tag mode back to these games.

[quote name='Thomas96']
that deal was so good, its like myth or a legend. I still don't believe it. But i'll live, maybe amazon will be nice and be like... hey we had that for 30... we'll give it to you for 30.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't get one. It literally lasted like half a second.

If anybody needs a code, I got one to give away.

[quote name='Thongsy']I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't get one. It literally lasted like half a second.

If anybody needs a code, I got one to give away.[/QUOTE]

I think I might just email amazon and ask them about the deal... be a little naive... "I heard about this deal, which was cheaper than the 59 that I paid, how come I didn't qualify for it" See if they can give me a 2nd or 3rd place prize!

Are you offering to those who thought they'd get one from Amazon, or anyone? My game arrived today and I'll be playing later tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing what the cardboard thing looks like.

They just released a patch for it a week ago. I actually kind of like it prepatch. Now I can't even get in a game since people just quit it before it even starts.

Thanks Thongsy!

Haven't tried online yet, but that sucks that it's even worse than before. People just quit? Why go online then.

I'm plowing through story mode. Picked Devil Jin as the first unlock -- haven't done anything else with it. This mode is very uneven, and lots of "loading...".

Controls are funky. :roll: No wonder they enabled a 'target' button, knowing how it's hit or miss on who/where you think you're striking.

Anyone ever up for a game just add me and send an invite. I keep getting kicked out of rooms for no damn reason and I almost never lag.

EDIT: Got the yoshimitsu code and the costume looks like crap.

The campaign mode is kind of shitty. The controls suck, but it's the best way to get new items to customize with.

I haven't played online for a couple of weeks now, cause of the issue I stated earlier, and being busy with school. Finals is next week so I should be able to play more if anybody wants a match. I consider myself pretty scrubby but it's still fun to play others.

Tekken 6 is an overall dissapointment for me. Glad I got the LE Bundle for $13.

The campaign mode is boring and repetetive so far. Online is laggy. They just need to bring back Tekken Tag.

[quote name='Dahk']Tekken 6 is an overall dissapointment for me. Glad I got the LE Bundle for $13.

The campaign mode is boring and repetetive so far. Online is laggy. They just need to bring back Tekken Tag.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on all points the only saving grace on it for me atleast was Bob. I plat'ed the game so it will probably be added to my trades this weekend.

Damnit I am already getting bored of Tekken 6. I was waiting for 2-3 years and I got bored already after 2 months.

[quote name='FroMann']Damnit I am already getting bored of Tekken 6. I was waiting for 2-3 years and I got bored already after 2 months.[/QUOTE]

I wait so long on fighters, and get sick of most of them rather quickly. Happened with Street Fighter IV as well. I started playing it again. I haven't played Tekken 6 in about a week,but I plan on playing it some today.

[quote name='Hibiwa']It's probably already said, but Shaq-fu Azazel. Mofocheapassbastard.[/QUOTE]

Azazel is nothing compared to the nightmare train. I have to farm for A Rank and S-Rank items because that stage is flipping hard. I still have to do Moko,Roger, and Yoshi's hidden stages. All which will be pretty much a bitch. I am going to start this up with Kazuya now and farm items. I suck with Lars.

Well the Nightmare train is hard, but at least it doesn't feel cheap. Azazel is just so cheap. First time I got to him I played for 10-15 minutes and lost every time against him. Tried again and it was the same. Though sometime from that, it came to me and now I can generally beat his ass.

Roger level is easy. Moko and Yoshi are much more difficult and longer.

bread's done
Back