OFFICIAL TEKKEN DARK RESURRECTION Post!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']It sure does.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

- Awesome opening movie, but where's the original (Tekken 5 opening)

- Training mode is bare bones

- Gameplay is smooth and near-perfect

- Controls stutter even with the d-pad, but is far from ruined (unlike Darkstalkers)

- All character unlocked from start, that's has to cut into replay value. However, all the new/retunring modes are locked (except Dojo) or I couldn't find them.

- tons of ways to customize your characters

- Lots of stuff ripped straight from VF4Evo; Dojo, AI, Customized characters & progresive rankings. Makes me yearn for a PSP VF all the more :cry:

So far I'd give it a solid 9/10, easily one of the best fighters out for the systme, but there's some little hitches that keep it from being perfect. That and it's yet another $20 PS2 game getting repackaged and sold for $40 on the PSP :razz:[/QUOTE]

You can unlock the original opening video eventually, I believe.

And yea, this training mode sucks, and there's no handy guide that lists most of the moves I can buy. Why the hell did they only add 35 moves per character in training mode? It makes the game seem more shallow than it is.

This game is really and truly "THE SHIT"! This is an amazing example of what the psp can do. When you see good quality products like this , DAXTER, and SYPHON FILTER it makes you wonder why so many ports and shovelware...this could be a truly great handheld..

Today I walked in to my local EB (Hagerstown, MD) and bought a copy, no pre-order, and the person at the register just gave me a d-pad and wrist strap, without me saying anything about it.

Played it for 1 hour straight late last night and damn.......THIS is what I paid $250 for! Gameplay is dope, even with the D-Pad. Game Sharing is fast and the graphics are insane.

This game rules!!!

I finally got a chance to put some time into it today. I have barely scratched the surface in what this game has to offer, but I am currently enjoying giving Jack-5 a rocket launcher :)

Dojo mode is freakin awesome but damn I wish it had some of those features found in VF4:Evo like customizing your character there and the speciality matches like no lag after doing moves, etc.

There is just so much to this title. A lot to master and what not. I wonder if Namco will have any downloadable items outside of wallpapers and ghosts. Can someone say T5 music and stages as downloads?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']47 in the world? I didn't think this game was online[/QUOTE]

the only online part is uploading stats and downloading ghosts. As for online play, you need xlink kai for that.

I just got a 360 this past week and been playing DoA3 and a mix of this and I still find this more enjoyable. Super sweet.

Don't forget www.tekkenzaibatsu.com has a service where you can upload your character ghosts and download other people's to play against.

[quote name='the ender']So, my copy just came in, and my mind is totally blown! Wow, this is such a qualiy game![/QUOTE]

Namco has a good reputation of making all their fighters top quality, with the slight exception of Tekken 4.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the only online part is uploading stats and downloading ghosts. As for online play, you need xlink kai for that.

I just got a 360 this past week and been playing DoA3 and a mix of this and I still find this more enjoyable. Super sweet.

Don't forget www.tekkenzaibatsu.com has a service where you can upload your character ghosts and download other people's to play against.[/quote]

Namco's fighters are the best. If it weren't for the pixelated boobs, i dont think anyone would play DoA

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Namco has a good reputation of making all their fighters top quality, with the slight exception of Tekken 4.[/QUOTE]

even then, Tekken Force mode was awesome in that game and makes it worth $10 imho.

this game is pretty incredible...I was playing it on the way up to the Dells yesterday and just thought to myself "holy shit, I'm playing Tekken Dark Resurrection in my car." :lol:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Namco's fighters are the best. If it weren't for the pixelated boobs, i dont think anyone would play DoA[/quote]

I'd disagree wtih this I really like the DOA series a lot. Everything from the counters to the detail and fighting sytle of all the characters. Honestly I think its right up there with Tekken and Soul Calibur. Honestly when it comes down to it its less dial a comboish than Tekken so it has it beat in that regard as far as I'm conserned but the main draw to that game is being able to counter and totally change the tone of the battle one counter can make a difference between being perfected by an opponent and having a huge comeback to win it keeps you on your toes IMO. Don't get me wrong I love all three series just DOA does a lot of things right without reusing the same fighting styles on different models to make a new char like eddy and christie to me its easy to see why someone would like DOA with or without the pixelated boobies that was the inital draw to the series for most folks.

Am I the only one finding the dojo mode kinda....pointless in this game. I mean I'm in the water dojo which dosent seem very far into it and all that happens is I get juggle comboed from one end of the screen to the other 70% of the time and when I do get my ranking up all it is is exactly more of the same nothing new nothing different and nothing worth unlocking has been unlocked just a lot of life auras which I hate the look of. Do you actually unlock something cool in this mode for going through this hard as heck mode? By the way I don't suck "that" badly at it I'm like 70 something wins and 40 something losses and 2nd Dan so far.

P.S. how in the heck do you defeat Anna she tears me apart and keeps me bouncing around in the air or on the ground constantly!

[quote name='Apossum']even then, Tekken Force mode was awesome in that game and makes it worth $10 imho.

this game is pretty incredible...I was playing it on the way up to the Dells yesterday and just thought to myself "holy shit, I'm playing Tekken Dark Resurrection in my car." :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah, I got the same odd feeling when playing it in a hospital bed :lol:

yeah, Tekken Force was great in T4 actually, so you're right. I still think they should've brought it back for the PSP.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, I got the same odd feeling when playing it in a hospital bed :lol:

yeah, Tekken Force was great in T4 actually, so you're right. I still think they should've brought it back for the PSP.[/quote]

Bowl just wasn't enough :whistle2:( Are there any more bonus games?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Bowl just wasn't enough :whistle2:( Are there any more bonus games?[/QUOTE]

command attack, but that's it really. THe game has more than enough stuff in it to keep you busy, but yeah at least 1 more mini game would've been nice.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']command attack, but that's it really. THe game has more than enough stuff in it to keep you busy, but yeah at least 1 more mini game would've been nice.[/quote]

Command Attack is the dumbest bonus game ever concieved. It should have been implemented into the Practice mode instead. But yeah, there is PLENTY to do and everything is right out in the open for you to play.

awww, i like command attack and the gold game. I think they can do better with mini-games like that, but it gives you good incentive to practice.

anyway, I just realized that if you check the command list while playing a match, you get the full list. why it isn't practice mode is beyond me...

[quote name='Apossum']awww, i like command attack and the gold game. I think they can do better with mini-games like that, but it gives you good incentive to practice.

anyway, I just realized that if you check the command list while playing a match, you get the full list. why it isn't practice mode is beyond me...[/quote]

It shows the full list in regular practice. Just not in the Command Practice (it must have been an oversight, but even by testers?).

Anyone tried downloading/uploading ghosts from any websites yet? I think it'd be a lot of fun to fight (and lose) against some CAG ghosts.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Anyone tried downloading/uploading ghosts from any websites yet? I think it'd be a lot of fun to fight (and lose) against some CAG ghosts.[/QUOTE]

Markman has his ghost up. I need to upload mine, but I can't tell which ghosts are which characters. I have about 6 or 7 ghosts on the same file >_

Anyone have an extra Dpad add on for the PSP? I don't trust myself modding my PSP, so if anyone is willing to help a fellow CAGer I have Paypal to compensate.

After playing this game extensively for a couple weeks now, I can say with all confidence that it is just simply an amazing game. Easily one of the best handheld games ever made. I am amazed!

I will go as far to say it's my favorite Tekken ever, and I've played the series since the beginning. The game really, really works well on PSP. It's definitely my 2nd favorite PSP game, very close to being my favorite.

favorite game was Tekken 5, but if this was on a home console it would take that throne. I would be fine with it if it werent for the d-pad, but this still kicks ass anyway. Just got paul to Devine fist yesterday... now I gotta do someone else to sit alongside Paul and Kazuya.

bread's done
Back