*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Looky Looky to those who wanted GBA game cases
b31cc3ae.jpg

$1.50 for these babies after the green tag.. I picked up a bunch. I know a bunch of guys have been wanting GBA game cases, well this set comes with 4 of them, headphones (not SP compatible), and some protective thing for original GBAs.

Its very worth it just for the cases because they had a 6 pack of cases $5.99 green tagged, so $3 would get you 6 cases. But if you buy this set, for $3 you get 8 cases and some other crap. I'm probably gonna go back and get the rest of them at my TRU.

Hey CouRageouS, those are some really nice looking neon green light-guns you have pictured! What system(s) are the light-guns compatible with?...

[quote name='CouRageouS']Haha I was thinking of picking that up just for the hell of it and my dad would probably get a kick outta it. What do you think of it?[/quote]

sorry bud, I don't know my backlog of games is like 5 deep. Good crap such as: Tao Feng, Dark Angel, Legacy of Kain, Doa3 and breakdown...
and I've been really busy with school...

I'll try to crack that case tommorrow but I still have hella reading to do...

By the way (so everyone knows) My Walmart (or the walmart here in Syracuse) has Breakdown for 10 bucks...not a bad deal...walmart never reduces game prices.

[quote name='WKT']TRU Times Square:
PS2: Aggressive Inline, Alter Echo, Amplitude, Cabelas, DMC, Fighter Maker 2, Freaky Flyers, Kya, Mark of Kri, Primal, Quidditch, SSX3, Stuntman, Terminator, VF4 Evo and a bunch sports titles
XBox: BGE, Celebrity Deathmatch, Chase, DOA3, Dino Crisis 3, Disney Extreme skating, Freaky Flyers, Gladius, Kill Switch, Metal Arms, Munch's Odyssey, Roadkill, Snowboarding, Spawn, Timesplitters 2, UFC1, UFC2, Voodoo Vince, Wallace & Grommit, Whiplash, Zapper and a bunch sports titles
GC: Black & Bruised, Eternal Darkness, Rogue Ops, Spy Hunter, SSX3 and a bunch sports titles.
List is not exhaustive and to the best of my recall abilities.
One other issue with TRU TS - some of the games are more expensive to begin with, e.g., Gladius starts at $32.99 instead of $29.99.[/quote]

Wow I would have thought that the Time square one would have been rioted over and ransacked.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hey CouRageouS, those are some really nice looking neon green light-guns you have pictured! What system(s) are the light-guns compatible with?...[/quote]
They're the Cybergun Desert Eagles for PS2. Punqsux got them from ebay and he scored me a pair too. Check out the light gun discussion thread in the PS2 section for more details.

I've been back to my TRU, they've got a bunch of shit. Tables full of clearance games nobody wants. The same stuff as when the sale first started.

Seeing as the first page's list of games hasn't been updated for a while and by reading the past few pages of people saying that new stuff would be added to the sale, is Metal Slug 3 part of this %50 off sale?

[quote name='Trakan']I've been back to my TRU, they've got a bunch of shit. Tables full of clearance games nobody wants. The same stuff as when the sale first started.[/quote]

During the third week of the sale (i think it was the third) after being there the first week and a half, I found that they had either found stuff in their dust infested supply room or they had gotten new items like Point Blank 3. So it's always good to check. I have been there for a couple weeks now so i'm going to try to make it out this weekend and see if they have any stuff left.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wow I would have thought that the Time square one would have been rioted over and ransacked.[/quote]

Surprisingly there are a lot of games available. None of the "rare" finds, but a lot of selection. Some games (DOA3, misc football, Munch's Odyssey) were in the big white wire bins so there must've been 100+ copies.

FYI, for those looking for SOCOM w/headset, TRU Union Square had two this morning. $42.99 less 50%.

I went back and picked up Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy on Xbox today. I hope that this will be the last time I go because I need money for games coming out latter this year.

"His boss knew full well he'd have walked with them BEFORE the price change had he been PAID by TRU."
what if he had saved up enough money so he could have taken advantage of the sale when it started? please forgive me if i am missing somethng here

[quote name='el bobo']THe 50% off thing is still going on in my area. I just got the ad today.[/quote]

Yeah, I was just about to say the sale is official and this is what? How many days after us CAGers found out about it?

Drat! Just before I planned on making a run of 6 toys -r- us stores within an hour of eachother.

[quote name='smalien1']i found this weird game for 12.50 called Roz or something, I didn't get it though.[/quote]

Dood, nice attempt at a joke.

I found a new one today, but I think it is extremely YMMV. LOTR: Return of the King was green-tagged at my local store for $10 after discount, but I have a feeling it wasn't supposed to be. When I took it up, the manager (who is extremely cool at this store) was ringing it up and he kinda squinted at the screen when he scanned it. I saw him put his key in and manually override it down to 50%.

Long story short, keep an eye on this title, maybe it is supposed to be officially added soon but he jumped the gun. He told me they will still keep slowly adding items in the coming weeks.

LOTR: ROTK isn't supposed to be part of it, and I doubt it will be added. They are mostly trying to clear away very old SKNs from the system. I have seen lots of mislabeled items, such as Knights of the Old Republic at one store, so you may get lucky and get them to manually give you the 50% if its mismarked.

Got an ad in the newspaper today. It said an additional 50% off green tag prices to clear everything out. I'm trying to resist going again cause I already picked up all the games I wanted. Except those rare ones. This sale needs to be over already, or restock.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Got an ad in the newspaper today. It said an additional 50% off green tag prices to clear everything out. I'm trying to resist going again cause I already picked up all the games I wanted. Except those rare ones. This sale needs to be over already, or restock.[/quote]

are u saying 50% off and another 50% off? like for example, 29.99 game 50% off equals to 14.99, then another 50%off to 7.49.

[quote name='trunks982'][quote name='sarkenobi']Got an ad in the newspaper today. It said an additional 50% off green tag prices to clear everything out. I'm trying to resist going again cause I already picked up all the games I wanted. Except those rare ones. This sale needs to be over already, or restock.[/quote]

are u saying 50% off and another 50% off? like for example, 29.99 game 50% off equals to 14.99, then another 50%off to 7.49.[/quote]

Nah, they just started advertising for the 50% off sale. Considering this is a clearance, I doubt there will be a restock. The sale doesn't end until December 31st, IIRC.

Oh yeah, we have gotten restocks on some of the games. A lot of the clearance stuff is sitting in the warehouses so if you are looking for some stuff in other areas of TRU they will be restocking that quite a bit to clear out the warehouses(action figures, dolls, etc). We've gotten a few restocks of games, such as FF:Tactics for PS1 and AlterEcho for PS2, so there may be a few restocks at some stores as they clear the warehouses of old inventory, but don't expect anything really good in the restocks(Disgaea and other popular titles are long gone).

[quote name='Kaijufan']I went back and picked up Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy on Xbox today. I hope that this will be the last time I go because I need money for games coming out latter this year.[/quote]

Was Jedi Academy included in the 50% off sale?

How much did you end up paying for it?

Thx.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Found an Arc the Lad Collection today at Cerritos, Ca. Salesguy told me it was a return. Also picked up the Mario Party E-reader Card game for $5.[/quote]

thats funny, i returned that to cerritos. I originally bought it in Huntington Beach, they didnt want to take it back. Are the discs ok? When the Girl refunded it she threw it on the ground pretty hard

Huh...I think my local TRU is doing whatever they feel like it now in an attempt to get rid of stuff. I got Final Fantasy Origins today (PSX) at 50% off, and I KNOW this hasn't been the case at other stores in the area. Again, the manager had to do a manual markdown for the 50% off despite being green tagged, so this is extremely YMMV.

Made a final run yesterday (maybe?) :lol:

I'll post my results later. I'm too tired. I'll say, though, that my PSX got lots of lovin. One place had ridiculous prices for N64 games (powerpuff girls $25??). Funny thing is, now that I think about it, wasn't that the LAST game released for the N64? What a way to go out...

[quote name='madmab']One place had ridiculous prices for N64 games (powerpuff girls $25??). Funny thing is, now that I think about it, wasn't that the LAST game released for the N64? What a way to go out...[/quote]

Actually, that was the second-to-last game released for the N64. Tony Hawk 3 came out several months later.

[quote name='DigitalSpace'][quote name='madmab']One place had ridiculous prices for N64 games (powerpuff girls $25??). Funny thing is, now that I think about it, wasn't that the LAST game released for the N64? What a way to go out...[/quote]

Actually, that was the second-to-last game released for the N64. Tony Hawk 3 came out several months later.[/quote]

hehe... Well in that case I apparently walked of with the better title. Cause they had THPS 3 there as well.

[quote name='madmab']

hehe... Well in that case I apparently walked of with the better title. Cause they had THPS 3 there as well.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, how much did they want for that?

And speaking of ridiculous N64 prices, I actually went to a pawn shop that had the guts to charge $50.94 for a sealed Xena Warrior Princess. :shock:

I'm wondering if someone got a good trade in on that! :lol:

I finally broke down and went to check out my TRU and got:
PaRappa The Rapper 2 ps2 $9.99
Silent Hill 3 ps2 $9.99
Whiplash xbox $12.99
Shenmue II xbox $7.50
Freedom Fighters gc $9.99

Hit up the Lloyd Center TRU in Portland today. Just cause I was at the mall and thought I could check it out and see what's left. I didn't get much good stuff, but it's good enough for me!

Primal - ps2 - $15
Dark Angerl - xbox - $10
Two 3rd party xbox controllers - $25 (both combined)

I just realized they ripped me off! There's adverts all over the store to take another 50% off green tag prices! That would be like, 75% off and I still got charged for the 25% off. I should riot in the mall... Or just call and whine.

Weirdly enough, there are FIVE copies of WindWaker (gamecube) marked with the green sticker at that TRU. I thought I was seeing things. Green dots appearing on WindWaker... Oh and there's one copy left of Fatal Frame in the glass case there. I got it a month back for $25, it's $20 now after the price drop.

[quote name='sarkenobi']I just realized they ripped me off! There's adverts all over the store to take another 50% off green tag prices! That would be like, 75% off and I still got charged for the 25% off. I should riot in the mall... Or just call and whine.[/quote]

I've been wondering about this "additional 50% off" ad flyer. Does it really mean that there are additional discounts other than the original 50%? For example, does it mean:

Example 1: Game A has a sticker price of $20. It would wind up being $5. ($20 - 50%= $10. $10 - "additional" 50%= $5).

or is it just odd wording:

Example 2: Game A has a sticker price of $20. Since the price is printed on the green sticker, the $20 price is assumed to already be a special price (which we know, it is not). From the "special" (regular) $20 price, you take "an additional" 50% off, making the final price $10.

I'm thinking that their ad is worded oddly and that it is just the regular 50% off sale that they are running. I hope I'm wrong, though. :)

I just went to my local TRU and to my great suprise, the games that they didn't sell for 50 percent off were now 75 percent off! I picked up A few dreamcast games for like 2 bucks a piece

[quote name='spyhunterk19']I just went to my local TRU and to my great suprise, the games that they didn't sell for 50 percent off were now 75 percent off! I picked up A few dreamcast games for like 2 bucks a piece[/quote]

JESUS! My TRU has like 4 disgaeas left (I am NOT joking!). I have to get out there ASAP!

[quote name='spyhunterk19']I just went to my local TRU and to my great suprise, the games that they didn't sell for 50 percent off were now 75 percent off! I picked up A few dreamcast games for like 2 bucks a piece[/quote]

I find 75% off hard to believe. I wish my TRU had Disgaea though.

I hope this is true. I would pick up KOF 2000/2001 if it is.

50 percent off was not all that great for me since Ibought a bunch of stuff from CC, but with 75 percent off, I may have to look a little harder.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope this is true. I would pick up KOF 2000/2001 if it is.

50 percent off was not all that great for me since Ibought a bunch of stuff from CC, but with 75 percent off, I may have to look a little harder.[/quote]

If you happen to find 2 KOF's, can you grab one for me? It was one of the last major wants, and I cannot locate it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I hope this is true. I would pick up KOF 2000/2001 if it is.

50 percent off was not all that great for me since Ibought a bunch of stuff from CC, but with 75 percent off, I may have to look a little harder.[/quote]

If you happen to find 2 KOF's, can you grab one for me? It was one of the last major wants, and I cannot locate it.[/quote]

sure will. I am going to go probably tomorrow or later today.

its just word weirdly its only 50% off

take another 50% off green tags, most tags was alredy 50 % off

40 buck games was listed at 20 so take another 50 to get the 10

the green tag is 20 its just taking more off the main price

FORT WAYNE TRU is gone just junk now

[quote name='slidecage']its just word weirdly its only 50% off

take another 50% off green tags, most tags was alredy 50 % off

40 buck games was listed at 20 so take another 50 to get the 10

the green tag is 20 its just taking more off the main price

FORT WAYNE TRU is gone just junk now[/quote]

For some reason, I think that if this was spoken in english, it would be really helpful.

Im the one who posted about 75 percent off...its definitly ymmv, the first one i went to had it, and i cleard most of the good stuff out, the second one i went to didn't have it...so big ymmv

bread's done
Back