*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

My final final haul from Sunday (all half off unless indicated):

Store 1
Sega Soccer Slam (GC)
Primal (PS2)

Store 2
Star Wars Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter Exclusive Combo Pack(PS2)
Amplitude (PS2)

Store 3
Rocky (Xbox)
RE: Code Veronica (PS2)

Store 4 (and think, I was close not even going to this one, but man look what I found when I went)
Soul Calibur II (GC) - full price
Burnout (Xbox)
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn (GC)
D&D: Heroes (Xbox)
Nightcaster (Xbox)
ZOE 2 (PS2)
Enclave (Xbox)
Freedom Fighters (Xbox)

Is Front Mission 3 rare at all? My TRU has around 15 copies.
Also, is my TRU the only one where you can take the game slips to the price scanners around the store and see if the game is half off? Ive been reading posts and no one seems to be checking games that way.

I spoke to a manager at the Willkes Barre PA TRU yesterday. She said that they got the list as we know it and started mark downs. Then Corporate realized they may have gone a little overboard before Christmas and sent another list of games and other items that were originally on sale, but now are not. She said most stores haven't finished the mark downs and are in no way caught up on mark ups, so if you find something with a green tag you get half price regardless of what the computer says. I was at three TRUs yesterday, and all of them had Silent Hill 3 back to $20, but a few of the other games hadn't been updated yet and the clerks noticed before I did that they were no longer on sale, and called a manager to adjust my price to half off manually.

Man, the TRU I just went to sucked. Only a few GC games marked, a few GB accessories, and NO ps2 or X-Box games marked. The only thing they had for GB was Buy 1 get one free.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Is Front Mission 3 rare at all? My TRU has around 15 copies.
Also, is my TRU the only one where you can take the game slips to the price scanners around the store and see if the game is half off? Ive been reading posts and no one seems to be checking games that way.[/quote]

Yeah, it goes for 40 or so on Ebay, it's pretty rare, you got lucky with a TRU with that many!

[quote name='moojuice']Man, the TRU I just went to sucked. Only a few GC games marked, a few GB accessories, and NO ps2 or X-Box games marked. The only thing they had for GB was Buy 1 get one free.[/quote]

Maybe they haven't marked them all yet? Did you check the list on the first page, if a game on that list is there its 50% off whether or not its marked.

[quote name='bsesb2003'][quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm Manhunt Xbox? Thanks[/quote]

I went back to my TRU today and noticed that some titles were no longer on sale. Manhunt, Silent Hill 3, and Rygar all had their green tags pulled off. Looks like I got lucky when I picked up Manhunt for $15 earlier in the week.

[quote name='Evol'][quote name='bsesb2003'][quote name='Evol']MY TRU had signs up for the 50% off green tag sale. Picked up two games I didn't see on the list: Clock Tower 3 for PS2 $10 and Manhut for XBox $15 (PS2 was not tagged). I had the same problem as others where the prices didn't ring up correctly and the salesperson had to override the price. Since they had signs for the sale all over, it was no problem getting the price correction.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm Manhunt Xbox? Thanks[/quote]

I went back to my TRU today and noticed that some titles were no longer on sale. Manhunt, Silent Hill 3, and Rygar all had their green tags pulled off. Looks like I got lucky when I picked up Manhunt for $15 earlier in the week.[/quote]

This sale is getting worse and worse, luckily I already got everything I wanted, aside from KOF 00-01 and Arc the Lad.

I finally went to a TRU :D . I managed to pick up:

- Fatal Frame(Xbox) for $20
- Rygar (PS2) for $10

I wanted to pick up Deus Ex: IW for $10 but they didn't have it. That's one of the reasons I was pissed, the onther one was that they only had marked down the PS2 games and the GC and Xbox games they were going to mark the on tuesday but I can't go there till Saturday.

I didn't picked up a lot of things they had because I didn't remember like Tenchu, Ikaruga, VF: Evo, Grabbed bythe Ghoulies. But I did ask about Voodoo Vince, ZOE2 and Front Mission but they didn't have it.

But this is what they had for PS2(the most impressives):
- Frequency
- The Star Wars Combo
- Amplitude
- RAD
- King of Fighters 2000/01
- Disgaea
- Dinasty Warriors
- Gallop Racer 2003
and a lot other I don't remember right now.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']When I was talking to the cashier, she asked me how I knew of the 50% off Green Tag clearance sale, I told her from the internet, she wanted me to be more specific, so, I told her about CheapAssGamer. She then told me some guy came in earlier today, bought some games and also knew about the 50% off sale. She took a piece of paper from under the register and "Fat Wallet" was written on it. She told me that's how the guy knew of the 50% off sale...

Oh great, now I have someone from "Fat Wallet" raiding my local TRU...:fridge:

3330 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 525-1690
[/quote]

btw, that FW OP credits dealrush. Be advised good news is- for whatever reason- there has been very little hype or interest in this TRU deal over at FW; the NEWest post in their only TRU game thread is 3 days old. It has only 60 replies & 12K page views. CAG TRU game thread so far has 2,000 replies & 100K page views. The only other TRU thread FW is keeping alive is a general tru clearance thread with pages of barbie doll savings mostly. There was alot more 'competition' on the CC deal: FW had 800 replies & 50K views; CAG had 1,000 replies & 59K views. I'm thinking that this time, instead of purposely increasing interest over there, some FWers wisely/silently came over here to lurk with some registering as well. > I think this TRU game sale is still in the early stages.

One thing I for got to mention is that they had like a whole box of Arc the Lad Collection for PS1 and like 30 copies of Perfect Dark for N64 and I managed to see like 8 copies of Dragon Warrior 3 for $35 but I don't know if it is part of the sale.

damn xion ur TRU has almost everything, i would highly advise u go and pick up Front mission 3, arc of the lad collection, Dragon Warrior 3, and Disgaea

Did the So-Cal tour of 4 TRUs today with a friend who hadn't hit any yet. My friend picked up a ton of things (VF4: Evo, Mark of Kri, Voodoo Vince, Sphinx, etc.).

I went to Culver City, Hawthorne, Torrence, and La Cineaga (LA). La Cienega still didn't have anything denoting 50% off -- tags, tables, nothing. Torrence had tags on games in regular locations. The other two had green tag tables.

At Hawthorne, I picked up:
Diablo PC - $3.98 tag - 50%
Neverwinter Nights PC - $14.99 after discount
D&D Heroes - $10 (finally!)

At Torrence, I just picked up a buttload of cheap/free strategy guides. Unfortunately, the three I wanted most (Viewtiful Joe, Wind Waker, and Ninja Gaiden) were full price. The thing about guides is, there are 2 UPCs on each one. One will ring up as "Item not found." This doesn't mean it's free/cheap. Other stores had some newer guides at 50% off.

At La Cienega, I snagged:
Everblue 2 - $14.99
G1 Jockey 3 - $14.99
Didn't realize both are on list. Already had and beat and loved Everblue 2, but couldn't pass it up. G1 Jockey is also darn good and rare, but I like Gallop Racer 2003 a little better.

It seems a lot of items have been taken off the list. The cool guy at Hawthorne showed me a few pages of the list, and it's much shorter. A few other cashiers mentioned that fact. This is probably my last TRU run during the sale. Thanks again, CAG and everyone who contributed.

My final TRU haul:
Everblue 2 - $15
G1 Jockey 3 - $15
Silent Hill 3 - $10
VF4 Evo - $10

Crimson Skies - $15
D&D Heroes - $10
Tao Feng - $10
Sphinx - $6.50
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - $10

Lost Kingdom II - $10

CIMA: The Enemy - $14.99
Onimusha Tactics - $10

Arc the Lad Collection - $35

Diablo - $1.99
Neverwinter Nights - $15

14 cheap-ass guides

Snagged a copy of Fire Emblem for the GBA for $17.50 on Saturday. They had 4 copies on the floor with green tags on them. I think one of the employees went overboard with the tags because it was definitely not supposed to be half off. The normal price is $34.99. He gave it to me for $17.50 though. Of course I doubt this will happen anywhere else, but it should go to show you, keep your eyes open!

My TRU has been officially gutted. The sale flags were raised, the place was packed with kids, and there was absolutely nothing left worth buying. Luckily, I scored a few good deals earlier in the week. Goodbye, TRU clearance sale, I shall miss you. :cry:

I just went into TRU today to get a new PS2 and when I asked the clerk working there if the PS2 bundles were on sale, she said that the bundle was still 230.00 so should I go back and tell them that I've seen the bundle for 115. Or should I just be happy with the Ps2 I got.

You should get me a new PS2. Actually, was the PS2 you saw for 115 at the same TRU the lady told you it was 230? Maybe it's not on the list anymore

My TRU still seems completely oblivious of this sale. There was not a green tag in sight anywhere in the video game section and I think I only saw like 2 items in the rest of the store with green tags.

[quote name='swick'][quote name='madmab']I'd love to pick up some one cent strategy guides, but I do not know which ones to pick. My TRU did not seem to have them labelled. Any suggestions? It seemed like a little too much trouble to price check.[/quote]
Check this thread, yo: http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12584[/quote]

Oh ok.. saw that but it was last updated a month and a half ago, so I didn't know if anything new existed. The msgs toward the end of the thread implied alot of places are starting to just trash the guides.

[quote name='Delta']The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

Well I made it to the end, but I needed like 30 pearls to go to the moon and there was no way I was going to go look for 30 pearls so I just deleted it off the hard drive and never played it again.[/quote]

:lol: After you get the evidence in the slaughter house, go back into the storage room of the head quarters where you got your first bunch of pearls and you will find all the ones you need.

I ran into the same situation and wasted 2 hours collecting the odd pearl here and there only to find the governer provided everything I needed. It just happened to be located in a room I already looted.

She even reminds you to get them before you leave the headquarters. LOL.

Made a trip to the 3rd closes TRU to me and managed to pick up Kloana for GBA and a few other titles.

The following PSX games are not at 50% off. Gran Turismo 2, Twisted Metal 4, Crash Team Racing. Big Mutha Trucker (PS2) was $15, but not 50% off.

Spy Hunter 2 for PS2 was 50% off totaling to $10. Aggressive inline for me was $10.

The funny thing about this is outta the three stores I was at.

One store had green dots on most of the games, green labels next to the xbox games yet none on the other systems. The put a bunch of xbox sports games in the clearance display.

The other store had just green dots and it was not on very many games, maybe a handful of titles in the clearance display.

The one today they actually went thru the inventory and put 50% titles off in the clearance display. Even had signs advertising the sale.

Unfortunately I did not get advance wars, or Doom II like I was hoping to get. Pitfall the final adventure seems to be taken off the list.

Others I missed that I woulda like was midnight club 2 and midtown racing 3 for the xbox. Rez for the PS2.

My TRU still has :

XBOX

BG&E
D&D heroes
SSX3
Deus EX
LOTR TT
Hunter redeemer
Derr Hunter
Dangerous Hunts
Sims
Soul Calibur
Prince of Persia
Timesplitters
Fatal Frame 2
Voodoo vince

PS2-Silent Hill 3

[quote name='boozi']If anyone of u has a TRU with Disgaea, I'll trade u something u want for a copy if u can get it for me.........[/quote]

How many time you gonna ask the same question? STOP spamming the thread! :spam:

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='KurtCobain']Is Panzer Dragoon Orta rare or hard to get?[/quote]

Panzer Dragoon Orta is not rare, but can be hard to find. It really depends on your location...[/quote]Oh, I picked it up at CC a while back for like 8 bucks, and see it all the time, but some people have a hard time finding it. Sears had like 5 of them last time I was there.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='boozi']If anyone of u has a TRU with Disgaea, I'll trade u something u want for a copy if u can get it for me.........[/quote]

How many time you gonna ask the same question? STOP spamming the thread! :spam:[/quote]
MAN CHILL OUT! IT ONLY WAS THE 2ND TIME I ASKED THAT QUESTION!

[quote name='madmab']
Unfortunately I did not get advance wars, or Doom II like I was hoping to get. Pitfall the final adventure seems to be taken off the list.

Others I missed that I woulda like was midnight club 2 and midtown racing 3 for the xbox. Rez for the PS2.[/quote]

I think Advance Wars is impossible to get, has anyone scored one from this sale? My TRU had both Midnight Club 2 and Midtown Madness 3 for Xbox though.

I think im done with TRU, heres what I got for $10 unless otherwise noted

XBOX
Dangerous Hunts
Deathrow
UFC Tapout
Deer Hunt 2004
NFL Blitz
Unreal Championship
Prince of Persia
D&D heroes
Hunter Redeemer
Red faction II
Timesplitters 2
007 Nightfire
Beyond Good and Evil
WWE Raw 2
Burnout
XIII
LOTR TT
SSX 3
Chase 6.50
Freaky Flyers 7.50
Sphinx 6.50
Metal Gear Solid 2 7.50
Pro Race Driver
System Link Cable 3.75
DC Madcatz controllers 1.50 ea

Arc the Lad collection 35.00

Im looking to unload the Arc game, I dont even have a playstation

[quote name='boozi'][quote name='masha'][quote name='boozi']If anyone of u has a TRU with Disgaea, I'll trade u something u want for a copy if u can get it for me.........[/quote]

How many time you gonna ask the same question? STOP spamming the thread! :spam:[/quote]
MAN CHILL OUT! IT ONLY WAS THE 2ND TIME I ASKED THAT QUESTION![/quote]I've seen 4 time you asked that. I agree, stop asking. We understand that you want Disgaea, as do a lot of people. Its hard to find. Now stop asking.

[quote name='Fatesealer']I haven't opened RE: Code Veronia yet for PS2... if anyone has played it, how is it?[/quote]Its ok, not as good as RE2 though. Worth a play. But Alfred (whatever his name is) has an annoying voice. "I shall now aim at you with my sniper rifle and miss! naha naha naha." :roll:

[quote name='redline'][quote name='madmab']

Others I missed that I woulda like was midnight club 2 and midtown racing 3 for the xbox. Rez for the PS2.[/quote]

I think Advance Wars is impossible to get, has anyone scored one from this sale? My TRU had both Midnight Club 2 and Midtown Madness 3 for Xbox though.[/quote]

I got Advance Wars(GBA) the first day.It was only one ticket for it. Doom 2 $15 is still on the shelves I saw like 4 tickets (As of Suturday).

Just stopped by the toysrus in montebello, so. cali. Had lots of xbox games and gamecube games with green tags. Unfortunately, no ps2 games had green tags and I found that very odd. Oh well didn't pick up anything since I only have a ps2 but hope someone else will get lucky there.

"I'm thinking that this time, instead of purposely increasing interest over there, some FWers wisely/silently came over here to lurk with some registering as well."
bingo.
~mr driller for dc - $4.xx~

The thing I'm curious about is how many CAGers bought games for themselves and maybe a copy to trade/sell, and how many FWers bought an assload of games to make money on.

I'd bet the answer to both sides of that question is quite a bit.

Most of the CAGers around here don't tend to hoard, or screw over one another to make a huge profit. I know I stick to that line.

Most of the FWers I've seen have been buying every game they can get their hands on and selling it/trading it for as much money as they can bet.

Guess which site I belong to?

Thanks to TRU, CC, and BB for making me that much poorer for 2004 as evidenced by these photos... missing from the second picture are Final Fantasy X-2 and Midnight Club II... cut off on the left top of picture 5 is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004...

PICT0155.jpg

PICT0156.jpg

PICT0157.jpg

PICT0158.jpg

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0160.jpg

[quote name='KingNES']Socom *sniff* w/ head set, anyone who can find that it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx[/quote]

I got one for you. Pmd.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Thanks to TRU, CC, and BB for making me that much poorer for 2004 as evidenced by these photos... missing from the second picture are Final Fantasy X-2 and Midnight Club II... cut off on the left top of picture 5 is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004... [/quote]

I have the same S :censored: T. Let's start Playing them. :D I already set up a date september 1. Oh wait! Phantom Brave comes out. ...gotta play that one first.

[quote name='shrike4242']FateSealer, I'm with you on that one, though double it in my case. :shock:[/quote]

You think that's a lot, just think if I had kept every next gen title I ever bought plus those pictures... quite scary thought...

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='shrike4242']FateSealer, I'm with you on that one, though double it in my case. :shock:[/quote]

You think that's a lot, just think if I had kept every next gen title I ever bought plus those pictures... quite scary thought...[/quote]

I've been keeping all my nextgen titles, that's my main problem. Have to weed out the things I'd like to find another home for, and that's more the challenge.

And here I was worrying that my passion for video games was dwindling as I was getting older... guess that theory is out the window, huh?

Here's my latest haul:

game-request-8-21-04.jpg

(There's a copy of Guilty Gear X2 behond the KoF Double Pack.

i'll try to have PMs out within the next couple of hours (so many other things to do...)

More TERRIBLE NEWS & a LITTLE bit of GOOD NEWS.

I went to Toys R Us , Circuit City , & Best Buy today. Here's what i saw.

TRU - Alot of the games i took to the counter turned out to not be on sale anymore. This deal is dying fast so get them while u can!!!

BB - Ok i got some of those Madden 2005 coupon books & tried to use the "20% off any dvd" coupon but on the back it says that it EXPIRES 3-6-04.I tried telling the cashier it came with Madden 2k5 but she gave me the run around.

Also picked up Star Wars KOTR (xbox) for $10.

CC - Only thing i noticed was that they had a HUGE bin of some pretty good games that were marked down to 19.99 or lower. I have a feeling these will go down in price very soon. BB has that $5 off any xbox live compatible game at any price so if some of these games drop to $5 - $10 this could be a awesome deal.
Here are the xbox live games i saw in that bin:

Prince of Persia
Midtown Madness
Return to Castle Wolfeinstien
Soldier of Fortune 2
XIII
Both Ghost Recon Games

bread's done
Back