*OFFICIAL* TRU 50% OFF DEAL! COMPLETE LIST ON FIRST PAGE!

Well this thread is finally dying. However, I wonder if they will slash the prices again if stuff don't sell. Also, are more and more games going to be slowly taken off the list...

Hehe.. accidently grabbed two copies of Spy Hunter 2 for the Playstation 2. :? Now I just gotta decide how lazy I'm gonna be. I got it at the store farthest from me.

[quote name='madmab']Hehe.. accidently grabbed two copies of Spy Hunter 2 for the Playstation 2. :? Now I just gotta decide how lazy I'm gonna be. I got it at the store farthest from me.[/quote]

You hoarder!!! Heh.. couldn't resist... :D

[quote name='madmab']Hehe.. accidently grabbed two copies of Spy Hunter 2 for the Playstation 2. :? Now I just gotta decide how lazy I'm gonna be. I got it at the store farthest from me.[/quote]

if you have your receipt, it doesn't matter. just take it to the closest store.

nice collection fatesealer. I have a lot of games too but I got rid of a lot of them to make room for the newer games that are coming out. You should get a bigger shelf to house those xbox games you got stacked up on the side.

Ok, on a whim, I went back to my TRU (Culver City) again.

Saw a copy of Dr. Muto for XBox which wasn't there the first 3 times I went, but it was on the shelves instead of on the clearance table. Anyway, I brought it up, and the cashier confirmed that it was $9.99. Kind of a late addition to the list. ;)

Also, anyone who needs a TosLink cable, the Intec optical cables are on the clearance list. I picked 1 cable up for $4.99. It's no Monster Cable, but optical is digital, so it will either work or it won't. I'm betting it'll work. ;)

[quote name='tenzor']nice collection fatesealer. I have a lot of games too but I got rid of a lot of them to make room for the newer games that are coming out. You should get a bigger shelf to house those xbox games you got stacked up on the side.[/quote]

That's the thing... I figured 105 capacity would be enough and you see how that went... :)... I'll likely buy a similar shelf just to be consistant... or I'll pony up the cash for a larger capacity shelf...

For my first big CAG outing I went to the Fairfield, California TRU with my woman and pulled the following:

Altered Beast (GBA) - $9.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSOne) - 7.49
Blood Rayne (GC) - 7.49
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (XBox) - 7.49
SSX 3 (XBox) - 9.97
Total with Tax - $45.56

I'm happy and she was impressed too :)

I'm going to check the Vallejo TRU on my way to work tomorrow evening to see what they have available.

Edit: My bad, sorry for getting you excited sarkenobi :(

[quote name='oxidative']For my first big CAG outing I went to the Fairfield, California TRU with my woman and pulled the following:

Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA) - 7.49.[/quote]

What? That's on the list? I've been wanting that GBA version forever, but the price is like $34 up here in Oregon. Are you sure it was for the GBA and not the PS?

[quote name='"Fatesealer"']Thanks to TRU, CC, and BB for making me that much poorer for 2004 as evidenced by these photos... missing from the second picture are Final Fantasy X-2 and Midnight Club II... cut off on the left top of picture 5 is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004...

PICT0156.jpg

why the hell do you have fantavision???

[quote name='madmab'][quote name='Delta']The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

Well I made it to the end, but I needed like 30 pearls to go to the moon and there was no way I was going to go look for 30 pearls so I just deleted it off the hard drive and never played it again.[/quote]

:lol: After you get the evidence in the slaughter house, go back into the storage room of the head quarters where you got your first bunch of pearls and you will find all the ones you need.

I ran into the same situation and wasted 2 hours collecting the odd pearl here and there only to find the governer provided everything I needed. It just happened to be located in a room I already looted.

She even reminds you to get them before you leave the headquarters. LOL.[/quote]

RRGGHH!!! MARK SPOILERS!!!!! CUUUUURRRRRRRSSSSEEEEE!!!!!

At the store in the Walt Whitman Mall in huntington NY-

About 50-60 copies of PD for 5$
Doom 64- 2.5x
Swat (Xbox)- 9.9x

Mechassault, PGR, and a bunch of other platinum type titles (but not platinum packaging) came up 19.99 with the PROMO, so I'd bet they're 9.99 too. Hope this isn't already known everywhere.

i got lucky,i snagged the last GBA in Richmond,VA last week. my friend was looking for another one for him,the only one we found we got for me,so that i can give it to my g/f. i just got to find some GBA games that she would like. she loves mario games,so if anyone is looking to sell some of their GBA mario games,pm me please.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Thanks to TRU, CC, and BB for making me that much poorer for 2004 as evidenced by these photos... missing from the second picture are Final Fantasy X-2 and Midnight Club II... cut off on the left top of picture 5 is Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004...

PICT0156.jpg

why the hell do you have fantavision???[/quote]

More like "why the hell do you have American Idol"? ;)

[quote name='Fatesealer']
You think that's a lot, just think if I had kept every next gen title I ever bought plus those pictures... quite scary thought...[/quote]

You remind me of myself sir. Unless a game would be utterly GODAWFUL that I bought I wouldn't sell it. Case in point: "Mortal Kombat 2" for the SS. I wish I followed the reviews because that game was a complete piece of CRAP!
Also I tend to make pretty good choices I think. However I wish I bought "Bangai-O!" when it was around but I DID get ROLW. :whistle2:D
Btw to the person who found "Doom 64" was there only one copy left?

I've thought about going ONE last time... but I thought against it, due to a lot of titles no-longer being on the sale and how by now I bet a lot is gone, I'm tempted to pick up that copy of Ikaruga I saw... but by now I bet it's gone... it's been like two weeks.

By the way, 104 pages... man, this is a huge thread. I can tell it's slowly dying though.

For the most part, this was not as good as the Circuit City deal, with the exception of those discounted systems, but those were really hard to find.

Okay. My final haul from the TRU deal is as follows:

- Panzer Dragoon: Orta (Xbox)
- Otogi (Xbox)
- Crimson Skies (Xbox)
- Dynasty Warriors 4 (Xbox)
- Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (PS2)
- Ikaruga (GCN)
- Medal of Honor: Frontline (GCN)
- Lost Kingdoms 2 (GCN)
- Sphinx (GCN)
- Boktai (GBA)

I think that was a pretty great haul!
Oh! I also picked up Mega Man X7 (PS2) for $14.99 at Target this weekend. It was a discounted (red stickered) item. It was originally $29.99. I think this may be a YMMV deal, though!

hmm.. I caught this deal too late. Does any of you think I should even bother checking my local TRU at this point?

FINAL TRU Haul:

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers GC - $10
Shenmue II XBOX - $10
Silent Hill 3 PS2 - $10
Need for Speed PS2 - $10
Deus Ex Invisible War XBOX - $10
Sphinx XBOX - $6.50
MGS2 Substance XBOX - $7.50
Blood Omen 2 XBOX - $10
Wolverine's Revenge XBOX - FREE

AND THE BEST GAME OF ALL (IN MY OPINION)

San Francisco RUSH 2049 DC - $10

I made a last trip to my Toys'R'Us yesterday, remembering that I saw several copies of Rygar and Two Towers there. They already started green-tagging the items, so both of those games were sold out. I did manage to snag a copy of Frequency for 7.xx. Not bad. Brings my final haul to:

Virtua Fighter: Evolution
Super Monkey Ball
SSX3 (GCN)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GCN)
Frequency

Just started on VF: EVO. Does anybody have any tips to help out a complete noob?

And Fatesealer, that is a FINE collection. :wink:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='madmab'][quote name='Delta']The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

Well I made it to the end, but I needed like 30 pearls to go to the moon and there was no way I was going to go look for 30 pearls so I just deleted it off the hard drive and never played it again.[/quote]

:lol: After you get the evidence in the slaughter house, go back into the storage room of the head quarters where you got your first bunch of pearls and you will find all the ones you need.

I ran into the same situation and wasted 2 hours collecting the odd pearl here and there only to find the governer provided everything I needed. It just happened to be located in a room I already looted.

She even reminds you to get them before you leave the headquarters. LOL.[/quote]

RRGGHH!!! MARK SPOILERS!!!!! CUUUUURRRRRRRSSSSEEEEE!!!!![/quote]

Yea, I warned them back when it was originally posted, nice job they did listening eh? :roll:

"For the most part, this was not as good as the Circuit City deal, with the exception of those discounted systems, but those were really hard to find."
respectfully disagree, because the ebayers messed that up. i was one of the lucky people who got some good stuff? but still ico, rez, and disgaea were all gone... and i had seen five/six of each on the shelf TWO DAYS EARLIER at the same store.
i don't want a deal to get too hot, cause that messes stuff up for us gamers, who only look for games that they WILL PLAY -- ie i didn't buy silent hill3 etc because it is english dubbed

"Just started on VF: EVO. Does anybody have any tips to help out a complete noob?"
complete the trial mode

[quote name='servbot']
why the hell do you have fantavision???[/quote]

He's got American Idol, Eternal Ring, and Evergrace on that same shelf. They're just as bad (though I own Idol myself).

[quote name='MeGaWC27']hmm.. I caught this deal too late. Does any of you think I should even bother checking my local TRU at this point?[/quote]

You can still find some really good stuff out there: Deus Ex: IW, Secret Weapons/Normandy, Amplitude, Tennis 2K2, etc. I think it's worth seeing what they got. The sale wasn't really announced until this weekend, and some stores still don't display it.

Just make sure to print out the list, so you know what is/isn't on sale, look at the shelves, and check behind the register at their stock (if that's how your TRU operates).

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='madmab']Hehe.. accidently grabbed two copies of Spy Hunter 2 for the Playstation 2. :? Now I just gotta decide how lazy I'm gonna be. I got it at the store farthest from me.[/quote]

if you have your receipt, it doesn't matter. just take it to the closest store.[/quote]

I was wondering if they would let me do that.... :D

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='madmab'][quote name='Delta']The thing that sucked about BG&E was you had to collect those pearls and I never really bothered looking for them in the game, thinking I would always have enough to buy the new equipment.

RRGGHH!!! MARK SPOILERS!!!!! CUUUUURRRRRRRSSSSEEEEE!!!!![/quote]

:lol: I promise I will mark spoilers from now on, but honestly it is not much of a spoiler and is really more a time saver. The use of pearls is obvious from the beginning of the game, and the governor's involvement is known from the getgo. I'm not exactly revealing any twists in the plot.

Just hit my school's nearest TRU...the word "goldmine" quickly comes to mind. Only the bad-mediocre titles were labeled, and of course there was an assload of great games.

Here's what I picked up:

2 indigo GC controllers - $12.49 ea
PS2 DVD Remote - $7.49
SSX3 GC - $9.99
P.N.03 GC - $9.99
Ring of Red PS2 - $6.24
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 - $7.49

They had copies of Fatal Frame for PS2 and XBox, two copies of MvC2 for XBox, Magic Pengel, Onimusha Tactics, RE2 for N64, even a glacier Game Boy Advance. I passed on a ton of great stuff, either because I can't afford it, or I already have it.

well i went to the nearest TRU and not much stuff there.
I still hit myself in the head because I saw this thread for so long but just yesterday I realized TRU = Toys R Us. :cry:

The TRU I went to still has copies of Guilty Gear X2 and King of Fighters 2000/2001 as well as those posted above. I keep remembering more that I saw.

[quote name='defiance_17']Just hit my school's nearest TRU...the word "goldmine" quickly comes to mind. Only the bad-mediocre titles were labeled, and of course there was an assload of great games.

Here's what I picked up:

PS2 DVD Remote - $7.49
SSX3 GC - $9.99
P.N.03 GC - $9.99
Ring of Red PS2 - $6.24
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 - $7.49

They had copies of Fatal Frame for PS2 and XBox, two copies of MvC2 for XBox, Magic Pengel, Onimusha Tactics, RE2 for N64, even a glacier Game Boy Advance. I passed on a ton of great stuff, either because I can't afford it, or I already have it.[/quote]

just PMed you ;)

I got:
SSX 3
Dynasty Warriors 4 Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Blood Omen 2
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (all for XBox)
and Pac-Man World 2/Vs. (GC)

I passed 2 TRUs today which I should have went in but didn't have time to. :whistle2:( dammit, maybe those would have been the TRUs with all those Gamecube Zelda bundles sitting around...

[quote name='Dare']lol, what did u think it ment, im sure it said somewhere in the thread "toys r us" if u read it.[/quote]

Yeah but the thing was I saw TRU and thought that was a name of a store so I didn't even bother looking through the thread until yesterday when I got bored.

[quote name='defiance_17']The TRU I went to still has copies of Guilty Gear X2 and King of Fighters 2000/2001 as well as those posted above. I keep remembering more that I saw.[/quote]

lucky you... I wouldn't mind getting a copy of Guilty Gear X2 if I could.

FYI, in the newest TRU September mailer/circular/magaizine/catalogue there is a coupon for $5 off $15. AFAIK you can only get this if you're on their mailing list. makes up for me throwing away last month's $10 off $50 coupon prematurely.

I got a copy today of king of the fighters for the PS 2 for anybody who might need it or want it. I only have an xbox, but would consider trades for xbox games. Again I just got it because I thought I saw that people were looking for it. PM me.

[quote name='Nephets']I've thought about going ONE last time... but I thought against it, due to a lot of titles no-longer being on the sale and how by now I bet a lot is gone, I'm tempted to pick up that copy of Ikaruga I saw... but by now I bet it's gone... it's been like two weeks.

By the way, 104 pages... man, this is a huge thread. I can tell it's slowly dying though.[/quote]

Hey if you are looking for Ikaruga, I can trade you my copy if you have Dragon Warrior 7?

[quote name='defiance_17']

Here's what I picked up:

.[/quote]

Are those official Nintendo controllers or 3rd party?

[quote name='Nutts'][quote name='Nephets']I've thought about going ONE last time... but I thought against it, due to a lot of titles no-longer being on the sale and how by now I bet a lot is gone, I'm tempted to pick up that copy of Ikaruga I saw... but by now I bet it's gone... it's been like two weeks.

By the way, 104 pages... man, this is a huge thread. I can tell it's slowly dying though.[/quote]

Hey if you are looking for Ikaruga, I can trade you my copy if you have Dragon Warrior 7?[/quote]

I already got Ikaruga, I got it at BB.com when it was on sale for 19.99 on the site, sure it took like a month to finally ship, but I did get it, and I was thinking about getting it so I could trade it to some people here as a lot of people are looking for a copy. Thanks for the offer though, and no, unfortunately I don't have DW7, though I have 1, 2, and 4 somewhere around my house.

[quote name='alongx']I passed 2 TRUs today which I should have went in but didn't have time to. :whistle2:( dammit, maybe those would have been the TRUs with all those Gamecube Zelda bundles sitting around...[/quote]

At one TRU I went to, they had the bundles of a GC and Mario Sunshine behind the counter...3 of 'em. I asked for a price check and the woman said, "Those are from last Christmas, honey, and they're just empty boxes. They won't let us remove them." Talk about a rollercoaster of emotion...

I have some questions:
Is the list on page 1 up to date? Because I know I've looked at that list before and I swear I-Ninja, Roadkill, and Beyond Good and Evil were on there.
So as of yesterday the sale was publicized? Because I didn't get a TRU sales paper in the newspaper...
Is there a good chance the games will still be there? This is what I get for not bookmarking the CAG forums....

[quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='defiance_17']

Here's what I picked up:

.[/quote]

Are those official Nintendo controllers or 3rd party?[/quote]

100% official, son. I picked up the last two. They also had a ton of 3rd party (including some relatively cool Hulk-designed) controllers.

If this is a clearance sale, are they ever going to stop? Or will it go as long as supplies last? I think they're smarter to do that. Why would they green tag the items for a week's sale? Now they're going to re-tag them all to the regular prices? Doesn't make sense IMO. Also if TRU is going out of business, hopefully this is the first of better sales to come.

its going to be like circuit city "clearances" -- they will jack the price back up AT LEAST on the good stuff

bread's done
Back