Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

Sweet! I have been waiting for this patch to come out so I can get back into Warhawk. I've never really played it hardcore like my other multiplayer games so I'm hoping this changes things!

It's amazing that this game is becoming so much different that when it first launched. I'm finding that this is a great strategy for Sony to keep the longevity in their games.

As for this accomplishment:
- One In A Million: Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
I would call that more "One in 20" because this has happened to me on more than a few occasions.

I'm re-digging this game though, it's much deeper than I realized.

Time for me to come back guys. :twisted:

On another note, I was about to join the game last saturday, but when I tried to join everyone went offline. I guess it ended, but I though you guys played till the early hours of the AM?

I shot down a jet with my tank once in BF2. While he was waiting to respawn, the pilot typed out this incredible one-line ASCII of an enraged guy giving me double middle fingers. I'll never forget that moment. *sniff*

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']It's amazing that this game is becoming so much different that when it first launched. I'm finding that this is a great strategy for Sony to keep the longevity in their games.

As for this accomplishment:
- One In A Million: Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
I would call that more "One in 20" because this has happened to me on more than a few occasions.

I'm re-digging this game though, it's much deeper than I realized.[/quote]

Amen, I've done that plenty of times. Also... main cannon... it's not like they have secondary cannons.:roll:

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Time for me to come back guys. :twisted:

On another note, I was about to join the game last saturday, but when I tried to join everyone went offline. I guess it ended, but I though you guys played till the early hours of the AM?[/quote]

Yeah, we used to play until 2am+ , but TMK moved it from 11pm to 10pm, so the end time moved up to around 1am+. However, I haven't been hosting much on Saturday recently. This past week freaky was hosting. Plus, attendance has been lax the last couple of times I hosted, and I'll usually end it when we get down to 4 people or so, depending on the map/game type.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Did it say the trophies can only be awarded from ranked servers, or it doesn't matter? I would think it's the former... ;_;[/quote]

I hope it doesn't matter... Though, yeah, ranked makes more sense... especially since they'd have to be able to track how you kill stuff... although... I guess it's possible the retroactive trophies will be based on ranked server stuff, but the rest could be unranked... In other words... I have no clue.:cool:

[quote name='freakyzeeky']metaly, I know you've been shot down by a tank from far away by a certain someone some time ago... :whistle2:\"[/quote]

Hahaha. :hot: I was actually thinking the plane should have to be in flight mode to get the trophy, and then the first thing I thought of was getting shot down by that certain someone... whoever it was!

And I hope the trophies are for unranked servers as well, even though that seems unlikely. I wish the game would keep track of combined ranked and unranked stats locally, so I could see how I've been doing overall. Ranked games make up just a tiny percentage of my Warhawk playtime.:whistle2:#

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked this game up and I need some PSN cag friends :)

Any tips for a newbie to WarHawk (and dual analog aiming games in general)?

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Just picked this game up and I need some PSN cag friends :)

Any tips for a newbie to WarHawk (and dual analog aiming games in general)?[/QUOTE]

start your own private server and practice with the controls.

That tutorial might help me. I've only played a few times online and had a hard time getting hold of everything.

BTW, do most of you use the motion controls or analog?

[quote name='Methadon']I'm about to be playing this soon, so if anybody wants to team up with a Warhawk newbie, send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]

i'll add you tonight.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Just picked this game up and I need some PSN cag friends :)

Any tips for a newbie to WarHawk (and dual analog aiming games in general)?[/quote]

As someone with the skill of a newbie I'd say try some of the large rookie ctf games, you won't get killed very fast and hardly anyone actually scores on most of the levels so you don't need to worry about bringing your team down. If you want to kill some stuff I would recommend the homing missle turrets, last night I got a phone call while playing so jumped in one and killed 5 people while on the phone.

For ground combat practice try playing zones and hanging out near the middle zones.

Who else see this? Aerial Ballet -- While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher

That is a trophy releasing in the new patch!! If they put jetpacks in the game it would be awesome....

Edit- Heres another one:
Are You Aim-Botting? -- Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.

So Jetpacks are confirmed, and the next expansion will include this level "Secret Safety Violation -- Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.

Here's the trophy list :whistle2: :lol:

Bronze Trophies

• Secret Anti-Camper -- Kill an enemy in a Missile or Flak Turret after that enemy has achieved at least five kills in that type of turret.
  • Secret Daredevil -- Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.
  • Secret Hit List -- Kill every member of the opposing team at least once during a round.
  • Secret Minesweeper -- Get killed by Proximity Mines five times in a single round.
  • Secret Reckless -- Pilot Commit suicide in a Warhawk by running into your own Aerial Mine.
  • Secret Vengeance -- Kill an enemy within 60 seconds of that enemy killing you.
  • Secret What's That Green Line? -- Get killed by a Binoculars strike while piloting an aircraft.
  • Anti-Air Ninja -- Shoot down a Warhawk with any infantry weapon other than a Rocket Launcher.
  • Bandit Award -- Earn all in-game badges at Bandit level.
  • Chief Sergeant -- Achieve a rank of Chief Sergeant.
  • Collector -- Capture four cores at once in Collection mode.
  • Combat Driver -- Complete Vehicle Combat Training.
  • Cowboy -- Play a perfect Team Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
  • Dead-Eye -- Achieve a sniper kill from more than 2,500 feet away.
  • Dumbfire -- Destroy an enemy aircraft with a dumbfired Swarm or Homing Missile.
  • Emergency Evasion -- Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.
  • Enlistee -- Join a clan.
  • Ground Pounder -- Complete Ground Combat Training.
  • Hat Trick -- Get three flag captures in a single round of CTF.
  • How Did You Do That? -- Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.
  • Invincible -- While on foot, take at least 250 damage within 10 seconds without dying.
  • Irony -- Kill an enemy with his own Proximity Mine.
  • Lone Wolf -- Play a perfect Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
  • One In A Million -- Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
  • Overkill -- Destroy an enemy aircraft with a volley of 8 Swarm Missiles.
  • Pilot's License -- Complete Warhawk Combat Training.
  • Recognition of Merit -- Earn any five in-game medals
  • Remote Pilot -- Destroy an enemy aircraft with a TOW Missile.
  • Resourceful Driver -- Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.
  • Rivalry -- Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.
  • Saboteur -- Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Field Wrench.
  • Survivalist -- Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.
  • Tail Shaker -- Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within 5 seconds of deploying it.
  • Taxi Driver -- Help a teammate capture the flag (in CTF) or cogs (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
  • Warlord -- Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)
  • World Victory -- Control all capturable bases in a Zones match, and reduce the enemy's home base to level 1.
Silver Trophies

• Secret Canyon -- Run Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.
  • Secret King of the Jungle Gym -- Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.
  • Secret Safety Violation -- Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.
  • Aerial Ballet -- While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.
  • Are You Aim-Botting? -- Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.
  • Behind Enemy Lines -- Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.
  • Commander -- Achieve a rank of Commander.
  • Decorated Soldier -- Earn any 15 in-game medals.
  • Flying Fortress -- Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.
  • Giant Killer -- Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.
  • Lt. Colonel -- Achieve a rank of Lt. Colonel.
  • Master Award -- Earn all in-game badges at Master level.
  • Shield Breaker -- Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.
Gold Trophies

• Bandwidth Donor -- Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.
  • Executive Honor -- Earn all in-game medals.
  • General -- Achieve a rank of General.
  • Porcupine -- Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.
  • Surgical Strike -- Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.
  • That Was Some Bug -- Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.
  • Warhawk Award -- Earn all in-game badges at Warhawk level.
Platinum Trophy

• Warhawk Supreme Achievement -- All your base trophies are belong to platinum.
Link.

Yeah that jetpack thing caught my attention too, along with some of these insane sounding trophies.

I need to get some newbies to learn the game with as well. If anyone doesn't mind a new guy bringing you down. Add me.

PSN: Wake-Junky

i have a question regarding the headset. I was able to link the headset to my ps3. but how to do i chat or listen to ppl while playing?

I know how I'll get this one...
Secret Daredevil -- Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.
:cool:
Emergency Evasion -- Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.
LAME!

Warlord -- Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)
Super lame!!!!!

Secret King of the Jungle Gym -- Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.
WOO HOO!!!

These sound like actual achievements, not like "kill one enemy, 5 points" or something easy like that.

Wow, seriously... I wonder if anyone will ever get the platinum trophy? I guess they already have in-game awards for the easy stuff.

Normally only the last game or two on Friday uses boosters, but I know myself and others are looking to share them if you want them cheap.

Can TMK just change leadership of the cag clan around so we all get that trophy?

And these are awesome, trophies should be about crazy challenges. Now if driving off a cliff 100 feet high counts for the vehicle one I've done that multiple times :)

Resourceful Driver -- Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.

That one is good, I've gotten decent at switching from driver to gun and killing some people, I'll need to work on running people over though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I need to get back into Warhawk again, maybe before the new patch is released. Does the CAG night require the booster packs?[/quote]
Not really, but there are some games that continue later on in some CAG nights where you have to have boosters.

Kotaku got word from SCEA and seems like there really are jetpacks on the way!

The release of Warhawk version 1.5 is not only bringing with it a slew of Trophies, game modes and online options, it may be bringing an entirely new vehicle type — jetpacks!

A posted list of alleged 57 attainable Trophies in the PlayStation 3 version of Warhawk features three jetpack specific achievements — Aerial Ballet, Are You Aim-Botting? and That Was Some Bug. Jobe may have been hinting at the inclusion of the new ride on a post about the Warhawk 1.4 update on the official PlayStation Blog last month.

Consider it rumor for now (*cough* GameFAQs *cough*), until we get some confirmation from SCEA and/or Incognito.

UPDATE: We did hear back from SCEA, who say the list of Warhawk Trophies at GameFAQs is indeed accurate. Jetpacks ahoy!

Anyone remember the hint Jobe Dylan gave a while back that was three boxes? Some people was thinking it was going to be a third team...

Anyone ever figure that out?

I can't seem to figure out where I could get the 100 ft. high vehicle trophy...
Anyways, the jetpacks sound like they can be fun.

[quote name='mguiddy']Anyone remember the hint Jobe Dylan gave a while back that was three boxes? Some people was thinking it was going to be a third team...

Anyone ever figure that out?[/quote]

I remember seeing in one of his posts (it may have been in the comments) that some people did figure it out. He just didn't say who it was. :whistle2:#

[quote name='GodlyOne']I can't seem to figure out where I could get the 100 ft. high vehicle trophy...
Anyways, the jetpacks sound like they can be fun.[/quote]

Come to more CAG nights, and you will soon learn. :lol:

Anyone notice this?

Is that new also? I've never noticed a training mode before.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Come to more CAG nights, and you will soon learn. :lol:

Anyone notice this?

Is that new also? I've never noticed a training mode before.[/QUOTE]This update adds a training mode for noobs.

Luckily all us vets can skip over that! Hey TMK someone was asking if you could pass around the Clan Leadership when Trophy patch releases, so we can all get the Clan trophy without leaving CAG.

[quote name='metaly']I remember seeing in one of his posts (it may have been in the comments) that some people did figure it out. He just didn't say who it was. :whistle2:#[/quote]

:wall::headache:

[quote name='happy']Normally only the last game or two on Friday uses boosters, but I know myself and others are looking to share them if you want them cheap.[/QUOTE]

how do i get them cheap?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']This update adds a training mode for noobs.[/quote]

I suck at flying, so maybe I qualify :D

The way I see it, I Can Has Medal?

You get a trophy just for completing a round of training in any one of them (Like 4 trophies in all). But aside from that, a lot of those trophies look damn hard to get. Although nowhere does it say it has to be an online game in order to get a Trophy.

One In A Million -- Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.

Gah, One in a Milllion? More like One in a Thousand. Now taking down an enemy aircraft using the APC's speed boost, now that's One in a Million. And I know I'll never do it again.

[quote name='robobagins']Gah, One in a Milllion? More like One in a Thousand. Now taking down an enemy aircraft using the APC's speed boost, now that's One in a Million. And I know I'll never do it again.[/QUOTE]

I think even 1-1000 is still being generous. The other night I got 2 in a row as they hovered over our flag-carrier. Many of those medals may seem impossible, but you just need to find yourself in the right situation.

And now that you've planted the seed, I must turbo-boost a warhawk!

[quote name='robobagins']Gah, One in a Milllion? More like One in a Thousand. Now taking down an enemy aircraft using the APC's speed boost, now that's One in a Million. And I know I'll never do it again.[/quote]
That was during a CAG night, right? I think I vaguely remember... :whistle2:k

It's CAG night tonight! :twoguns:

[quote name='KingBroly']Do any of you guys have second controllers. Seriously, they may be unlockable in local play.[/quote]

I doubt that. WH was released as an online multiplayer game, for some reason I would assume these awards will only work online. But trying won't hurt, so I will keep this in mind when it comes.

Austrian website eLhabib.at have some Information about the new Warhawk Boosterpack.

The Keyfacts are:
The Name of the Boosterpack is: Warhawk: Operation Fallen Star.
It´s possible to use Jetpacks and you can also fire while you are in the air.
The name of the Jetpack is: Icarus Mk. I

The release for the new Boosterpack is expected in August.
More Information on the new Boosterpack should be available soon.

http://elhabib.at/2008/08/07/neues-warhawk-booster-pack-kommt/

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Austrian website eLhabib.at have some Information about the new Warhawk Boosterpack.

The Keyfacts are:

http://elhabib.at/2008/08/07/neues-warhawk-booster-pack-kommt/[/quote]

Dylan did have a picture of a white feather hidden in one of his comment responses a while back, one of Icarus's feathers?

[quote name='NamPaehc']Dylan did have a picture of a white feather hidden in one of his comment responses a while back, one of Icarus's feathers?[/quote]

I remember that. Can't wait for a new way to fly!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Austrian website eLhabib.at have some Information about the new Warhawk Boosterpack.

The Keyfacts are:

http://elhabib.at/2008/08/07/neues-warhawk-booster-pack-kommt/[/quote]
That sounds fucking AWESOME!!! It would be nice to see a 3 booster pack bundle come out for around $18 since I need to get the other two and DEFINITELY getting this one!!

bread's done
Back