Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

[quote name='MillerTime2523']i'll most likely be down for CAG night tonight. somebody send me a friend request and invite me when its going on.[/quote]

[quote name='cartman58']Hmm. Just rented Warhawk. Is there a specific place to meet up with people?[/quote]

Check the main CAG Warhawk Night thread here. It'll tell you the server name, password and time.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']i'll most likely be down for CAG night tonight. somebody send me a friend request and invite me when its going on.[/quote]

[quote name='cartman58']Hmm. Just rented Warhawk. Is there a specific place to meet up with people?[/quote]

It's pretty easy to find the CAG game in the server browser. Check the CAG thread for details about tonight's match. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4716781&postcount=2652

I'm so bad at this game.. I have no idea how so many people can fly those warhawks so well. I get blown out of the sky literally like 30 seconds after i take off every time lol.

PS Blog has a lot more info, including the leaked trophy list, custom soundtracks, training modes etc. Click here.

And for those that suffered the GGL tournament ..............

Knives in the next update!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StrandedBrit']Knives in the next update!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Sweet, we can finally have GGL knife-fights.

And you can use the jetpack to bail from a warhawk. That is friggin cool, I wasn't expecting that.

I figured the knives would be in 1.5.

And this should make TMK happy...
Retract Clan Invites

Another feature that players, or more specifically, clan-leaders have asked for, is the ability to retract a clan invite that they have sent to a player. For whatever reason, that player maybe never responded to the invite, was being a…a…what’s a blog-safe term that I won’t get in trouble for using??? How about “tool”, yes I’ll use the term tool. So if a player is being a tool and just camping on your invite…you can pull it back. This is important to clan admins because there is a fixed number of clan invites (64) that an admin can have pending at any one time.
That "Flight Practice" modes sounds fun.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!
we are going to be rolling-out version checking on the EULA and announcements so if you have already seen them and they haven’t changed, Warhawk will automatically bypass those screens for you.

Also... They better let copilots bail out of the warhawk with a jetpack. That would make copilots useful.

:shock: Look at the size of that knife! I kind of like the ceremonial knife better than the champion's blade, even. Looks more like a huge sword instead of a weird sceptre.

Glad to see that about the EULA, too.

[quote name='mguiddy']Also... They better let copilots bail out of the warhawk with a jetpack. That would make copilots useful.[/quote]

Hell yeah! Army of 2 coming right up! Warhawk to get you close, and jetpacks for the final stretch!

Custom soundtracks! Finally!! :D (I guess I overlooked that bit this morning. :whistle2:# )

Time to break out the Actraiser Symphonic Suite for teh sweet, sweet music while pwning n00bs. :p

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Time to break out the Actraiser Symphonic Suite for teh sweet, sweet music while pwning n00bs. :p[/quote]

:bow: That is some seriously classy Warhawk. I approve.

I'll have to put together a Warhawk playlist. Or I could just fall back on my old UT2k4 standbys, like Gettin' Jiggy wit It and Theme from Shaft. (Isaac Hayes R.I.P.)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'm also considering getting the FFIV soundtrack for it as well... because, you know... it's my favoritest game ever. ;)[/quote]
FFIV is the best Final Fantasy ever...
I remember playing that thing on a ~10" black and white TV with no sound Christmas night the year it came out (I didn't have a TV in my room and that's the only TV my brother would let me use and my mom was working so she couldn't make my brother let me use a color TV with sound) and loved every minute of it.:bouncy:

[quote name='mguiddy']FFIV is the best Final Fantasy ever...
I remember playing that thing on a ~10" black and white TV with no sound Christmas night the year it came out (I didn't have a TV in my room and that's the only TV my brother would let me use and my mom was working so she couldn't make my brother let me use a color TV with sound) and loved every minute of it.:bouncy:[/quote]

Black and White TV w/ no sound? Wow man... :whistle2:o
Even with that... it's still that good. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Black and White TV w/ no sound? Wow man... :whistle2:o
Even with that... it's still that good. ;)[/quote]
fuck yeah it's still that good. :cool:

Read this if you were on team CAG for the GGL tournament:

http://www.ggl.com/index.php?controller=News&method=groupArticle&id=9113&channel=790

Warhawk Team Tournament participants - we have important information about the prize blades that requires your urgent attention.

We did a pull from our database last week to create a list of prize blade winners for Sony. However, after going through the data, it is apparent that many of you who probably should be getting the prize blades will NOT, due to incorrect or insufficient information in your GGL profile.

We have broken the list of Warhawk participants into 4 categories, and listed all participants under one of the categories below. Please find your GGL username below and make sure you are in the right category (each list is in alphabetical order). If you are not, or if you are missing from the lists completely, please email [email protected] and provide the information necessary to deliver your prize blade, if you are eligible. Please include your GGL username, squad name, and email address when you send the email.

The 4 categories are:
1) Disqualified from receiving prize blade because you are not a U.S. resident
2) Disqualified from receiving prize blade because you have no PlayStation Network ID entered in your GGL profile
3) Disqualified from receiving prize blade because you are not a U.S. resident AND you have no PlayStation Network ID entered in your GGL profile
4) Eligible to receive the prize blade - if you are in this group you do not need to act because your information has already been submitted to Sony for prize delivery.

You may miss out on the blade if you don't check your name on this list! You have until Aug 17th.

BTW, I'm in Category 1: not a US resident #-o
...those bastards

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Read this if you were on team CAG for the GGL tournament:

http://www.ggl.com/index.php?controller=News&method=groupArticle&id=9113&channel=790

You may miss out on the blade if you don't check your name on this list! You have until Aug 17th.

...those bastards[/QUOTE]

Thomaticus you were in the 2nd category, so you'll need to email GGL your PSN ID. I didn't see any other CAGs there, but it'd still be a good idea to check.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Read this if you were on team CAG for the GGL tournament:

...those bastards[/quote]

Yet again beef with his shitty ass answers.

[quote name='iggywiggum']Thomaticus you were in the 2nd category, so you'll need to email GGL your PSN ID. I didn't see any other CAGs there, but it'd still be a good idea to check.[/quote]
stakis is in the first category too.
Does he actually live in Canada?

I wonder why they have that US/Canada option.

I have too much time on my hands (waiting for video to convert for the PSP)

Here's the list

Cat 4 (Qualified):
aihuman
DaNaD
darkerpsy
freakyzeeky_
GodlyOne
happy
josh_animebum
KSC2-303
Lonwang
ManaKnight
MaxDense
metaly
mguiddy
SmogItUp
SoCalDude
StrandedBrit
Super_King
terribledeli
threerandomwords
TuxBobble
x3x1x
zenprime

Other Category (ineligible):
me!! :bomb:
stakis
Thomaticus
JR07Shady
KingBroly

Pretty much everyone qualified. I still emailed the GGL admin, trying to finagle my way into a lovely blade.

Well according to the list I'm getting the knife. Woohoo!

Now once I get it I'm going to have to figure out how to completely close that GGL account. That website is such a piece of shit, I'd rather close out my profile entirely rather than leaving it up there.

[quote name='josh_animebum']Well according to the list I'm getting the knife. Woohoo!

Now once I get it I'm going to have to figure out how to completely close that GGL account. That website is such a piece of shit, I'd rather close out my profile entirely rather than leaving it up there.[/quote]

If you find out a way, let the rest of us know too.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I have too much time on my hands (waiting for video to convert for the PSP)

Here's the list

Cat 4 (Qualified):
aihuman
DaNaD
darkerpsy
freakyzeeky_
GodlyOne
happy
josh_animebum
KSC2-303
Lonwang
ManaKnight
MaxDense
metaly
mguiddy
SmogItUp
SoCalDude
StrandedBrit
Super_King
terribledeli
threerandomwords
TuxBobble
x3x1x
zenprime

Other Category (ineligible):
me!! :bomb:
stakis
Thomaticus
JR07Shady
KingBroly

Pretty much everyone qualified. I still emailed the GGL admin, trying to finagle my way into a lovely blade.[/quote]

I could never add Broly or Shady to the roster. I don't think I ever noticed thomaticus was missing his info. :oops:

Also note that some of the people getting the knife never played.:cool:

[quote name='mguiddy']Yet again beef with his shitty ass answers.

stakis is in the first category too.
Does he actually live in Canada?[/quote]

Actually both his answers make sense. Beefaroni is saying that non-US residents are qualified to play, not qualified for the knife.

I had no idea Stakis was Canadian. My guess is that these guys just checked the PlayStation account's registered address and went from there. Quick, someone give me a relative's US address and I'll change my online profile to that :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']
Also note that some of the people getting the knife never played.:cool:[/quote]

I happen to be one of those people (and am somewhat ashamed I could never make it :oops:, but life/work just kept getting in the way of scheduled game times)

[quote name='mguiddy']Also note that some of the people getting the knife never played.:cool:[/quote]

I don't even recognize some of those people from clan nights. :whistle2:k Which gives me an idea... New member initiation should be 20 minutes of them against everyone else on Valley Battle, playing you-know-what. :twisted::hot:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Actually both his answers make sense. Beefaroni is saying that non-US residents are qualified to play, not qualified for the knife.

I had no idea Stakis was Canadian. My guess is that these guys just checked the PlayStation account's registered address and went from there. Quick, someone give me a relative's US address and I'll change my online profile to that :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, but it's typical of beef to just answer questions with "yes" "no" "if you play you get the knife" and never explaining ANYTHING... probably because he doesn't know anything. :oops: I think I did [size] wrong. :twisted:

And seriously... I'll give you an address if you want. You can tell them you moved after the tourny started but forgot to change your location. Hell... I'll even give you a phone number to give them and I'll pretend like I'm you, if they want to check or something.
Also... I don't think they have access to the PSN info... at least I hope they don't. Besides, I remember that you changed your location from Canada only to US/Canada.

[quote name='metaly']I don't even recognize some of those people from clan nights. :whistle2:k Which gives me an idea... New member initiation should be 20 minutes of them against everyone else on Valley Battle, playing you-know-what. :twisted::hot:[/quote]
The only ones I've never seen play with us is Broly and Shady, at least since I've been playing with... us.
The rest may not be regulars, but they have played during clan nights.

Thanks everyone, but I have my US address already. Where I lived. Before. In Michigan. Remember?

:whistle2:\"
I'm working on it

Anyway I think I read in the PSBlog that Sony worked together with the GGL on awarding the prizes, so yeah, they probably checked our info there.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
Anyway I think I read in the PSBlog that Sony worked together with the GGL on awarding the prizes, so yeah, they probably checked our info there.[/quote]

I doubt it.
You can change your location on GGL's site, you did once before (I know you had a whole Canadaland flag at first, then changed something to show a split US/Canada flag). They probably went with that to determine whose PSN ids they sent to Sony (Incog?). I think they only thing Sony/Incog contributed was designing the blades and applying it server side. I doubt they'd be concerned with verifying info, maybe for the winners, but for everyone on that list.

Who knows though...

And, I had no clue you lived in the US before.

I guess I'm not a regular CAG Warhawk night attendee (I'm rarely home during the CAG Warhawk games) :oops:
lol I'll hopefully join in on more Clan games when 1.5 is out.
I wonder if you can choose between blades or you're permanently stuck with the GGL blade after receiving it.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I guess I'm not a regular CAG Warhawk night attendee (I'm rarely home during the CAG Warhawk games) :oops:
lol I'll hopefully join in on more Clan games when 1.5 is out.
I wonder if you can choose between blades or you're permanently stuck with the GGL blade after receiving it.[/quote]
Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with it permanently.

God, I hate the GGL. I asked nicely, then they pissed me off.

Here's an email session with the GGL Customer Service, most recent being first (start from the bottom, it makes more sense ;))

Oh wow. I think you're out of line with your last sentence. This was posted by your own Warhawk GGL moderator, Beef:

http://www.ggl.com/index.php?controller=Forum&method=displayTopicPosts&id=3739

I had the right to join the competition, just not to receive the knife without proof of (current) citizenship, which I can't pull of at the moment. In fact, there were even teams from Europe competing. Did anyone in the GGL even notice this, and if so, why did you let them in if they, as you state, shouldn't have joined in the first place?

During this competition, it blew my mind how disorganized and inconsistent the GGL was with its own rules and decisions. I'd have hoped that once the competition was over, so was its contradictory claptrap. Your email helped prove otherwise.

P.S. Please direct me to the fastest way to totally remove my GGL account and information. Me and some others I know would like to totally disassociate ourselves from the GGL, since we don't feel comfortable keeping any information on your trainwreck of a site.

Thanks for your help!

Subject: RE: Warhawk Team Tournament
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:45:31 -0400
To: [email protected]

I'm afraid you need to be a legal U.S. resident under the Official Rules. That means your primary, permanent residence needs to be in the U.S. If you are just in Canada in the short term and still maintain your primary residence in the U.S., please send proof of U.S. residency (a copy of your drivers license, or a recent bill with your name and a U.S. residence on it). Otherwise, I'm sorry to say that you are ineligible for the prize and should not have joined the competition in the first place.

Thanks,
GGL Prize Team

Sent: Mon 8/11/2008 11:34 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Warhawk Team Tournament

Hi,
I'm hoping you can fix this. I see that I'm under Category 1 on your GGL Blade list. Although I currently live in Canada, I resided in the US and still visit family there on a regular basis.

My GGL username is cthulhu8u
Squad name is CheapAssGamer
The email address I check most and have registered to GGL is [email protected]

Thanks!
I don't get a knife, didn't think I could anyway, so whatever. Here's hoping I'll piss off some GGL putz. Maybe it'll make them choke on their morning coffee or something. :booty:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']God, I hate the GGL. I asked nicely, then they pissed me off.

Here's an email session with the GGL Customer Service, most recent being first (start from the bottom, it makes more sense ;))

I don't get a knife, didn't think I could anyway, so whatever. Here's hoping I'll piss off some GGL putz. Maybe it'll make them choke on their morning coffee or something. :booty:[/quote]

You know... I'm tempted to send them a message telling them where they can shove their bloody participation blade.

Also, anyone else notice that they are denying the blade to people who live in PR? And guess what... good ol' beef even said in a forum post that PR residents could get the prizes...

Wow, that really sucks. Maybe you can try posting something about it in a response to the next warhawk post on the playstation blog. It seems that a lot of developers read the comments, Dylan included, and with the effort they put in towards maintaining the Warhawk community they will probably take complaints about GGL seriously when they choose a host for the next tournament (hopefully there will be more).

[quote name='happy']Wow, that really sucks. Maybe you can try posting something about it in a response to the next warhawk post on the playstation blog. It seems that a lot of developers read the comments, Dylan included, and with the effort they put in towards maintaining the Warhawk community they will probably take complaints about GGL seriously when they choose a host for the next tournament (hopefully there will be more).[/quote]
Freaking great idea...
Anyone have an email for Dylan? I feel like writing to him to explain just how farcical GGL is.

I kind of suspect that GGL decided to do the tournament and got support from Sony, not that Sony wanted to have a tournament and got GGL to admin it.

Still, I'd like to try to explain how much of a joke they are so, I'd hope, Sony won't support them in the future.

[quote name='HuBu']shaq-fu! i just joined GGL.

how do i get that shaq-fu icon?[/quote]

:applause: You want to type the word shaq-fu replaces, not shaq-fu. It's also in the smiles list.

fuck

:lol:
I sent them an email saying I lied about my location... they put me in category 1 now. :cool:

I don't care to show support for them by running around with their knife.

And it now seems they changed the rules... now it clearly says the tournament is open to "LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ("U.S."), residing in the U.S. including the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of registration.":roll:

I swear that wasn't there before. Just like I swear they secretly added some things during the tourny that screwed us out of that first match that should have been a forfeit for the other team.

Anywho... they expressed "disappointed to see that you lied to enter a competition for which you knew you were not eligible." :rofl:

I also find it funny that Elsa (who is leader of the GAP clan) changed (his... her?) info to show US only, it was US/Canada and now they are in category 4. Umm... they even made sarcastic posts saying "Ohh, yeah I moved to the US a couple of months ago and forgot to change my info... I need to have my people keep up on things better.":applause:

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
I sent them an email saying I lied about my location... they put me in category 1 now. :cool:[/quote]

Friggin' hilarious! :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']And it now seems they changed the rules... now it clearly says the tournament is open to "LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ("U.S."), residing in the U.S. including the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of registration.":roll:[/quote]

They sent me this response today:

GGL Beef posted that in error, which was corrected later. The Official Rules, on the other hand, clearly stated that only legal residents of the United States were eigible to enter the competition, which is why I said you should not have joined the competition in the first place. I apologize for any confusion from Beef's error, and he has apologized in the forums as well.
By no means does this mean you are not welcome to participate in other GGL competitions - there are often very different eligibility requirements for different competitions. It usually depends on whether we have an official parter for the competition and what that partner's requirements are. In this case Sony asked us to make it a U.S. only competition.

As to why we let in teams from other countries, it is because there is no good way for us to automatically block them. Items like country and age are unverified during registration, otherwise we would need to require a credit card or some other method that would make the registration process too slow and/or painful for many users. Instead, we require that our competition participants read the rules and agree to abide by them. In cases where someone raises a dispute or an admin notices something wong, we investigate, and we almost always require proof of those things at the point we give out prizing. However, in any online competition, you have to rely somewhat on people policing themselves and each other to make sure everyone is participating fairly.

So, again I apologize for Beef's erroneous forum post, and hope we ca make your future GGL experiences better than the Warhawk tournament was.

Thanks,
GGL Prize Team
In summation:
-We have proof positive that Beef is an idiot
-It is in NO WAY the GGL's fault that they employ an idiot :drool:
-Anything short of torture won't have me compete in the GGL again

I'd love to see where Beef apologized. Also, informing Incog what a poochscrew the GGL is is starting to sound like a decent idea...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']-We have proof positive that Beef is an idiot
-It is in NO WAY the GGL's fault that they employ an idiot :drool:[/quote]

Hahahaha.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
I sent them an email saying I lied about my location... they put me in category 1 now. :cool:

I don't care to show support for them by running around with their knife.

[/quote]

Wow man... that was pretty big of you to give up that knife on principle. :whistle2:#
Major props to you dude. :applause:

I think we should start a petition stating that the GGL shall never again be used by Sony for competitive gaming. All of us will sign it and then we send it in to Dylan Jobe and SCEA

bread's done
Back