Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

Hi guys, today I bought Warhawk and i'm looking forward to trying the game out with some of you guys. Take it easy on me as I am a PS3 noob and just purchased the PS3/MGS4 bundle last week.

[quote name='MadvillainMx']Hi guys, today I bought Warhawk and i'm looking forward to trying the game out with some of you guys. Take it easy on me as I am a PS3 noob and just purchased the PS3/MGS4 bundle last week.[/quote]

You came in to the Warhawk party JUST in time... Tomorrow, the free patch will include a training mode. You should take a look at that when it's released.
Plus, you can join one (or both) of our Warhawk nights. :)

I was playing the other day while trying to get into some of the official servers and I could not get a connection at all most of the time for some strange reason. The Warhawk servers always seems to be picky when they're nearly full.

Hero seems like a pretty good mode, though I managed to shoot down a lot of Warhawks in the one or two games I played in that mode. Haven't tried the other new mode though.

I found Collection, when I played it really easy to get Cores. It's really just a lot of camping. So the 4 Cores trophy should be really easy.

EDIT: Trophy Patch is finally up

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a list of trophies that are retroactive? When I logged in to create a server (it'll be up, barring network issues, until late tonight. Check the other Warhawk thread for details) it only gave me two.

[quote name='mguiddy']Is there a list of trophies that are retroactive? When I logged in to create a server (it'll be up, barring network issues, until late tonight. Check the other Warhawk thread for details) it only gave me two.[/quote]

I'm gonna say the only ones retro pertain to badges, medals or rank (hoping that the clan member one is too). Which did you get?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'm gonna say the only ones retro pertain to badges, medals or rank (hoping that the clan member one is too). Which did you get?[/quote]
I got a rank one and a medal one... but there are others that could have been retroactive... like the Hat Trick one (Since there was an in game badge/whatever that required three flag captures) and the Enlistee one... I can't believe that didn't activate... Maybe if I went into the clan page... or joined a server...

[quote name='cdietschrun']I am considering getting Warhawk and all the expansions. Anyone think it is worth it? You guys still play often?[/quote]
Definately worth it considering you can get the game plus expansions for under the price of a standard new game with less to offer. $46 will go a long way with this game, and that's assuming you buy new and don't use the 25% off coupon in this week's Gamestop thread.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I am considering getting Warhawk and all the expansions. Anyone think it is worth it? You guys still play often?[/QUOTE]Definitely. It's my favorite multi-player game by far in ways. Also, CAG Warhawk is VERY active.

[quote name='NamPaehc']How does the custom soundtrack work?[/QUOTE]

Just press the PS button, and go to your music collection. Choose your song/track and PRESTO! Instant music :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I like the platinum trophy's comment:
All your base trophies are belong to platinum.
[/quote]

That made me crack up too.

Also for the clan trophy you need to go to the clan page, so others may require something similar. Perhaps going to the medal page for those trophies (I didn't try yet and I don't know I have enough to get one anyone).

I shot down Freaky with the Jeep turret and got the "kill someone 60 seconds after being killed" trophy even though I've been sitting in the jeep for a while, weird but at least I don't have to go for that trophy anymore.

Is the single-player mode included in this update?

I want to re-learn this game before really hopping online and getting what-for from all y'all.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is the single-player mode included in this update?

I want to re-learn this game before really hopping online and getting what-for from all y'all.[/quote]

It's just tutorials but that'll help you re-learn everything there is to Warhawk.

I haven't played Warhawk since I got an HDTV. The text is really small now, almost unreadable if I don't bend forward off my couch. What settings should I put to fix this?

I found the tutorials very useful (except the final Warhawk exam. That was a great way to be frustrated at the game and never turning it on again) as I learned many new things about driving and Warhawk piloting.

Also, I have a lot more Trophies in Warhawk now.

Just played a few ames and got a few trophies. I was bummed to see only a few were retro after they made it all seem like everything would be retro..... oh well, it gives me something to do :)

But you can get trophies in non-ranked servers, so clan night should be fun.

Well in my first game (hero on a regular server) I got: Survivalist, Anti-Air Ninja, Irony (on the enemy hero), daredevil (some dumb kid drove me off a cliff while I was in the 4x4 turret) and One in a Million (a guy was trying to land right in font of my tank).

I know I've never pulled off the one in a million shot before, and I doubt I've succeeded in anti-air ninja either.

And lets face it, we all know how bad I am at warhawk, so the rest of you must be racking up the trophies.

:whee:
I think I shall reward myself with a :beer:

lol, well in three matches (2 shortened by score limits) I got

- World Victory
- Anti-Air Ninja
- Invincible
- One In A Million
- Emerhency Evasion
- Hit List
- Vengeance
- Mine Sweeper

So that was fun.

[quote name='happy']That made me crack up too.

Also for the clan trophy you need to go to the clan page, so others may require something similar. Perhaps going to the medal page for those trophies (I didn't try yet and I don't know I have enough to get one anyone).[/quote]
I got a rank and a medal trophy as soon as I logged in the main page of Warhawk. I didn't have to go to the medal page.

[quote name='Blackout']I haven't played Warhawk since I got an HDTV. The text is really small now, almost unreadable if I don't bend forward off my couch. What settings should I put to fix this?[/quote]

Sit closer to the couch or move the TV...
Seriously... I've never heard that complaint before... an HDTV making text hard to read. Really though... there isn't much to read, you could just sit close to the TV during the training, after that what is there to read. And I don't know of any setting you could change to fix that.

Custom soundtracks kick so much ass. I can't wait for the booster pack 2day. Too bad I start back with college next week.

Question, do players get bonus points or something for using their PS3 as a player dedicated/dedicated server?

[quote name='NovaKane']Question, do players get bonus points or something for using their PS3 as a player dedicated/dedicated server?[/quote]

You get a trophy for setting up a ranked dedicated server and running it for 4 hours.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']You get a trophy for setting up a ranked dedicated server and running it for 4 hours.[/quote]

I know about that already.

I always thought that using your PS3 as a server would help you rank up or get more points though. Guess not.

[quote name='NovaKane']I know about that already.

I always thought that using your PS3 as a server would help you rank up or get more points though. Guess not.[/QUOTE]

that isnt really fair.

Played the tutorial last night for the first time. That text is absolutely tiny, even on my 46" screen.

I'm hoping to actually play the real game here tonight.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Played the tutorial last night for the first time. That text is absolutely tiny, even on my 46" screen.

I'm hoping to actually play the real game here tonight.[/quote]
Yeah, I played through the tutorials and STILL can't dodge a missile to save my life. What is the line above the missile alert represent? Sometimes it's a full line, othertimes it's just off to the left side. I did finally realize that the squares are the number of locks you have on you though.

I'm pretty sure the bar gets bigger as you get closer to breaking the lock.

I have to agree about the text sizes. On an HD display, there's definitely enough screen real estate to bump it up a size or two. The worst offenders are the minimap numbers for each base.

I love the jump in people picking up Warhawk now. Dunno if its for the greatest hits or the trophies - but its great to see so many new people playing this game.

And my server will still be up for about 2 more hours - small'n'med.CTF

I think this is going to be my main game for a awhile.. I just need to convince my wife that I NEED the booster packs.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Yeah, I played through the tutorials and STILL can't dodge a missile to save my life. What is the line above the missile alert represent? Sometimes it's a full line, othertimes it's just off to the left side. I did finally realize that the squares are the number of locks you have on you though.[/quote]

[quote name='metaly']I'm pretty sure the bar gets bigger as you get closer to breaking the lock.

I have to agree about the text sizes. On an HD display, there's definitely enough screen real estate to bump it up a size or two. The worst offenders are the minimap numbers for each base.[/quote]

Yep... the longer the bar the closer you are to breaking the lock.

[quote name='js1']I think this is going to be my main game for a awhile.. I just need to convince my wife that I NEED the booster packs.[/quote]

Just tell her that all your friends are making fun of you and it hurts your feelings.

[quote name='coolsteel']I had no idea the game had a tutorial , I just started up and got slaughtered for an hour my first time.[/quote]
It didn't until yesterday.

Also... what the HELL happened to the game not prompting you to accept the terms and acknowledge that you read the update every time you started it? I thought that was supposed to be gone this update. I are not happy.:bomb:

Man... I feel so rusty at this game! I could have sworn my Warhawk was more responsive then it is. All my settings got erased, so maybe I need to tweak some things but I had a few disappointing rounds. Maybe people are just getting better as I'm not able to keep the skies clear like I used to.

I haven't played Warhawk since I got it last year, and I only played it a bit then. whats the best way to get into it? Should I download all the updates and booster packs?

Can someone explain to me how voice chat works? I cannot hear my friend who is on the same team. Does this have to do with NAT settings or something? This is really frustrating. My other friends can hear each other but I can't hear anyone in the game.

[quote name='method47']I haven't played Warhawk since I got it last year, and I only played it a bit then. whats the best way to get into it? Should I download all the updates and booster packs?[/quote]
Download all the updates (you have to) but wait on the booster packs to make sure you're interested. Join us during clan night (Fridays and Saturdays, though Fridays may move to another day) as we don't normally require boosters. Then if you get hooked, buy the booster bundle.

[quote name='Blackout']Can someone explain to me how voice chat works? I cannot hear my friend who is on the same team. Does this have to do with NAT settings or something? This is really frustrating. My other friends can hear each other but I can't hear anyone in the game.[/quote]
Make sure you haven't muted people on the pause screen.
Make sure you have the chat output set correctly (you do that in the XMB, not in game)
Can they hear you?

bread's done
Back