Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='life.exe']Anybody know any places around the Cincy area that sells games early? :D[/QUOTE]
Wish I knew there have been a few times I have been looking to get a game a few days early and I can never find anywhere

There's not a single copy of Hitman: Blood Money in this entire town, but I did manage to find a used Halo Reach at Buybacks for $47, lulz.

[quote name='life.exe']Anybody know any places around the Cincy area that sells games early? :D[/QUOTE]
You just have to be bros with the people who work at GameStop, that's how my friend gets his early.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Last time I was in there they had a mint Zelda Ocarina of Time in the case. I told one of the employees how me and a buddy used to believe his n64 would break due to how heavy the cartridge was (the thing is like a brick :lol:)They carry just about every game system plus new and used titles for wii, ps3, 360, used blu-rays and HDDVDs too.[/QUOTE]

They are a cross of a mom and pop store and a gamestop. They are a franchise, so the owner and staff are flexible in what they can do versus a corporate Gamestop. They have over all comparable prices to Gamestop, usually a few bucks cheaper and they also have a discount card like Gamestop. They do have the best sales! Earlier in the year they had a spring sale and it was amazing, they had many brand new 360 and ps3 games for 50% off, I got the TEKKEN 6 limited edition bundle that comes with the fighting stick for like $40 brand new, and this was in early 2010, crazy. Its worth stopping to see when they will have thier next big sale.

Yup, I stopped in one day after my workout and had a lengthy talk with one of the workers and bought a couple small things. Looked like a good place to me.

Got an email yesterday from:

Play N Trade of Dublin
7593 Sawmill Rd., Dublin, OH
In the Kroger Marketplace Plaza
(614) 889-6991

ALL USED GAMES $25 and UP - 25% OFF!!

ALL USED GAMES $10 to $24.99- 50% OFF!!

ALL USED GAMES $.99 to $9.99 - 75% OFF!!

This Friday, Sept. 24th thru Sunday, Sept. 26th ONLY!

If you head over be sure to stop by Graffiti Burger for an awesome burger!

Graffiti burger is the best. Menchies has some great froyo as well.

I might have to head back from campus to Dublin to check out those sales.

There is a B2G1 free sale at the new Gamestop by great northern mall on brookpark by target. Right next to Jimmy John's.

Pretty sure this is the store:
Game Stop 6691
(440) 734-4275
25102 Brookpark Rd
North Olmsted, OH 44070

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if these DS titles I found at Five Below (Brooklyn) are at all Five Belows. They have Dragon Ball Origins, Honeycomb Beat, and New International Track & Field for $5 each. Picked up DB:Origins not sure about the others...

The Blockbuster on Airway rd in East Dayton is closing in a couple days. Used DVD's were $3.99 each when i was in there last. Blu-Rays were still overpriced.

Cashlands in East Dayton are giving $5 cash for ANY 360, PS3, and Wii games as well as Blu-Rays. They are also giving $2 for PS2 games and $1 for DVD's.

The Game Haven is doing DVD price drops (finally). We're going down the alphabet and have A's and B's done. Prices now range from .99 to 9.99 with a fair amount on the cheaper end. We're not discontinuing the Buy one get one free sale until price drops are finished. This means that there are plenty of .99 and 2.99 movies that are BOGO to boot.

Jacques

They are opening ANOTHER Gamestop across the street from the Target by the Dayton Mall. That makes 3 within walking distance of one another - One in the Mall, one beside Target, and now one across the street from Target. I thought it was bad when they had two in the mall, but this is just odd. The guy in the old one beside Target said that they plan to keep them all open.

I don't know if they'll have any grand opening deals, but I think it opens on Thursday.

[quote name='DrMunkee']They are opening ANOTHER Gamestop across the street from the Target by the Dayton Mall. That makes 3 within walking distance of one another - One in the Mall, one beside Target, and now one across the street from Target. I thought it was bad when they had two in the mall, but this is just odd. The guy in the old one beside Target said that they plan to keep them all open.

I don't know if they'll have any grand opening deals, but I think it opens on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT-1NIByIes&feature=related

[quote name='DrMunkee']They are opening ANOTHER Gamestop across the street from the Target by the Dayton Mall. That makes 3 within walking distance of one another - One in the Mall, one beside Target, and now one across the street from Target. I thought it was bad when they had two in the mall, but this is just odd. The guy in the old one beside Target said that they plan to keep them all open.

I don't know if they'll have any grand opening deals, but I think it opens on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

They will be closing the one that was by Half Price Books, the DM mentioned that when I interviewed for an assistant manager position there.

Hello all, here are some of Ultimate Video Game Connection's black friday deals.

All New
Call Of Duty Black Ops (360, PS3) $44.99
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (360, PS3) $44.99
Fallout New Vegas (360, PS3) $39.99
Fable III (360) $39.99
Sony Move Sports Champions Bundle (PS3) $89.99
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) $44.99
Also,
20 Percent Off All Used Games

Some other deals too, still finishing it up, lot of the usual games for $39.99 that everyone seems to have on sale (Need for Speed, Madden, Fifa 11, NHL 11 etc etc).

Thanks all :)

[quote name='JDN169']They will be closing the one that was by Half Price Books, the DM mentioned that when I interviewed for an assistant manager position there.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. That was my favorite one. They always seemed to have what I wanted, and the people who worked there were pretty nice (and consistent).
Every time I go into a Gamestop there seems to be a new employee that I have never seen. I don't blame them though - I know how hard it is to find good help.

Hey raregamergirl, are there any discounts for mentioning CAG? I'm coming down to Columbus today, and figured I'd stop by if I can get out there.

Hey there, you can have 15 percent off any used games :)

If interested in any of the retro stuff, make sure you ask about it (we have to keep it all in the back, we have tons of it, but have lists up front).

Ok, thanks. Are you working this afternoon?

I'll be in a (somewhat) dirty Indians jacket and a 4th of July Columbus Clippers hat most likely.

Hey there, unfortunately not today. I don't work weekends at the store really. My boyfriend's younger brother will be working, I will give him the heads up about any sort of a discount :) If you see anything you think is too high and you are interested in it, just ask too.

As for the store, we opened a bit under a year ago. We didn't choose the greatest spot, but it isn't horrible either (located down E Broad directly next to the Target in Reynoldsburg). our address is

8112 E Broad St
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (if using GPS, it may claim Columbus, zoning is really weird in that area)

Phone number is 614-501-3095

We have new releases every week at $55 and always try to give top dollar in trade (I know there are better deals to be found on new releases with some work, but I just can't compete with the big box stores on those deals sadly, I basically sell at cost to get them out to the consumer).

If I can get my cousin or mom to drive me over there, since I didn't drive down myself, then I'll stop by this afternoon.

I was gonna see what the offer for a hannah montana PSP w/box and manuals would be. Any ideas?

No on CD's at all. We do carry used DVD's, but not TOO many (we are running out of space, dvd's don't sell too well for us). Our normal DVD's are all 4 for $10 (or $3 each), though. We have a decent amount out on the wall.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Hopefully last question now: I will try to stop by tomorrow before going home, but I can't promise. What time are you open tomorrow though?

Here is our complete ad, for anyone interested :) Hope to see some of you there

40 % off all used Playstation 2 games
20 percent off all other used games
XBOX 360 system USED for $99.99
Nintendo Wii System USED for $99.99

The games below are all brand new and factory sealed
Assasin's Creed Brotherhood (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Call Of Duty Black Ops (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Bloodstone (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Dragonball Raging Blast 2 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Fable III (XBOX 360) ($40)
Fallout New Vegas (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Fifa 2011 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Halo Reach (XBOX 360) $40
Madden 11 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Medal Of Honor (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
NBA 2k11 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
NCAA Football 11 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Need for Speed High Stakes (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
NHL 11 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Rock Band 3 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Shaun White Skateboarding (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
The sims 3 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
Star Wars Force Unleashed II (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $45
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2011 (XBOX 360 or Playstation 3) $40
Sony Move Sports Champions Bundle (Playstation 3) $90
Wii Party (Nintendo Wii) $40
Alvin And The Chipmunks The Squeakquel Blu Ray/ DVD Combo Pack $10
Beauty And The Beast Diamond Edition Blu Ray/ DVD Combo Pack $17
Final Fantasy 13 (XBOX 360 and Playstation 3) $25
Mafia II (XBOX 360) $35

That shopping center is a pain in the ass to get in and out from the mall side.

Does anyone in the Akron/Canton/Cleveland area want a Halo ODST Standee?

I have one I'm trying to get rid of to free up space in my room, so if someone wants to meet me somewhere in the area and give me like $10-$15 to cover gas and my time and effort, then it's your's!

Send me a PM please.

Thanks!

[quote name='JDN169']Cashlands in East Dayton are giving $5 cash for ANY 360, PS3, and Wii games as well as Blu-Rays. They are also giving $2 for PS2 games and $1 for DVD's[/QUOTE]

Where is this Cashlands and is there a limit on this promotion?

1. Today's Groupon for Dayton is half off gaming time at the Chaos Room in Centerville. Has anyone been there.

2. I just heard there's a fire in the Page Manor shopping center. Any word on the Game Haven?

[quote name='jacobeid']The one on sawmill? The one at perimeter is closing too. I may want to stop in tomorrow since I'm on break from OSU.[/QUOTE]

Correct, I'm not sure about the one near Bethel Rd. Oh man they are dropping like flies around here. :(

The one off Powell Road not far from the Columbus Zoo doesn't even have a sign anymore.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']The one off Powell Road not far from the Columbus Zoo doesn't even have a sign anymore.[/QUOTE]

That one has been dead for years. Even when they were open they never had anything decent there.

[quote name='jacobeid']That one has been dead for years. Even when they were open they never had anything decent there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is very true, the location was not convenient at all.

Been a bit since it happened, but Ultimate Video Game Connection now has two locations. We purchased Capital Games in Gahanna, OH. Sign/ name hasn't changed yet, but will be soon.

Work in progress (changing things completely), but check it out if you get a chance.

As always, we give the best trade in town and try to keep our selection right at the top of the list as well as prices.

Will be hosting some game tournaments there in the future, any recommendation on what to do first? I was thinking something to do with Mortal Kombat and have it around the launch of the upcoming MK.

Thanks, hope to see you there :)

[quote name='raregamergirl']Been a bit since it happened, but Ultimate Video Game Connection now has two locations. We purchased Capital Games in Gahanna, OH. Sign/ name hasn't changed yet, but will be soon.

Work in progress (changing things completely), but check it out if you get a chance.

As always, we give the best trade in town and try to keep our selection right at the top of the list as well as prices.

Will be hosting some game tournaments there in the future, any recommendation on what to do first? I was thinking something to do with Mortal Kombat and have it around the launch of the upcoming MK.

Thanks, hope to see you there :)[/QUOTE]

Where is this located in Gahanna?

Borders in the Dayton Mall is going out of business. They had DVD's, Blu Rays, Box sets, and books 50% off as of Sunday.

bread's done
Back