Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

Anyone in driving distance to Columbus, this is next weekend:

http://www.originsgamefair.com/

It's not so much videogames as Pen and Paper/Board game/card game sort of stuff, but I know a lot of CAGs play those so figured I'd toss it out there. I'll be there on Friday or Saturday, haven't decided yet. Look for someone in a fur striped top hat and possibly matching mask.

South Dayton CAG here (Miamisburg, Springboro, Dayton Mall). It seems like most mom and pop stores in the area can't compete with Best Buy anymore locally. Shops like second time around by UD and Disc Exchange still appear to thrive but miss the mark on current gen in terms of delivering in price. GameSwap may be the exception but I've only been once. They do have Facebook page and sometimes post games there. While more so miss than hit, The Dayton Mall area did just get a new Five Below which can sometimes carry a couple of titles (had no luck in Beavercreek location).

I'd love to see what Dayton CAG's are finding on the Target clearance racks. It would be awesome to get a report from each weekly (I can cover Dayton Mall).
Target finds seems to be few and far between recently. I did pick up some 1600 MS Points card for half off at the Feedwire Rd store a few weeks ago.

fyi - for those asking about video game stores in NE Ohio, Cleveland, maybe Akron area, here are a few.  Best to call before visiting. 

It's About Games  (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
5130 Pearl Rd. (corner of Pearl & Brookpark)
Cleveland, Ohio 44129
216-351-6620

I can't vouch for them, cause I've never been there (but will check it out). I think they have sales sometimes.

Video Game Connection  (near Cleveland Zoo) (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
4824 Memphis Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
216-741-7005

I have been there once and they have a large variety of games for most platforms IMO.  I didn't buy anything cause I was looking for something specific and don't usually buy used games.  Don't know if prices are good but there are occasional sales.

Also, not a video game store but BIG FUN vintage toy store on border of Cleveland and Lakewood (haven't been to the other Coventry store in many years) also has some vintage SNES stuff and maybe others.  Games will most likely be overpriced and very used but maybe you'll get lucky.  Always fun to walk through hallways full of 80's Star Wars, GI JOE and Transformers among others.  They have a website, just google them.

fyi - for those asking about video game stores in NE Ohio, Cleveland, maybe Akron area, here are a few. Best to call before visiting.

It's About Games (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
Cleveland, Ohio 44129
216-351-6620

I can't vouch for them, cause I've never been there (but will check it out). I think they have sales sometimes.

Video Game Connection (near Cleveland Zoo) (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
4824 Memphis Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
216-741-7005

I have been there once and they have a large variety of games for most platforms IMO. I didn't buy anything cause I was looking for something specific and don't usually buy used games. Don't know if prices are good but there are occasional sales.

Also, not a video game store but BIG FUN vintage toy store on border of Cleveland and Lakewood (haven't been to the other Coventry store in many years) also has some vintage SNES stuff and maybe others. Games will most likely be overpriced and very used but maybe you'll get lucky. Always fun to walk through hallways full of 80's Star Wars, GI JOE and Transformers among others. They have a website, just google them.
Hey, I live in Akron and wanted to leave some info about a few of those places. First I plan on going to that Video Game Convention on July 28th. After the last one I went to though I don't expect to find much (it promised a lot and offered a fraction of that in terms of selection).

It's About Games: Hate to say bad things about any kind of store but this place was absolute shit. Very tiny selection of retro, moderate selection of current/last gen but the prices aren't very competitive (most would be cheaper at gamestop!). My highlight of visiting this store was when I asked if they had Sega Saturn/CD games and was told "we don't deal with those shitty systems". Horrible customer service with a mediocre selection for me, as I prefer retro gaming, means I will never be wasting my time going back. I did walk out with a markered up copy of Mario is Missing for SNES for $10.

Video Game Connection is definitely better than It's About Games, however still nothing fantastic unless you live nearby. They have a decent selection of games for most systems (not much in obscure titles, I noticed a few CD/Jaguar/Saturn games there) and the prices are okay. Not quite eBay prices but not very competitive compared to smaller shops or even the Exchange stores around here. My only real complaint is pretty much everything is on shelves about a foot or two behind the counter so if you're trying to just browse for titles to pick up it's a pain in the ass. However if you're going for something specific I would call ahead and they will probably have it. They had a pretty big selection of NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari, and current gen games although I didn't look at prices on any of the new stuff. If you live nearby I'd check it out, but I probably won't be going back there any time in the future as it is almost an hour away.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to give some collectors like myself some helpful tips before you waste a day driving around and turning up nothing :(

Just moved to the Strongsville area myself from Virginia 2 months ago. Quite liking it here so far, can't wait for football season to start again. Getting excited to go to all the home games again.

fyi - for those asking about video game stores in NE Ohio, Cleveland, maybe Akron area, here are a few. Best to call before visiting.

It's About Games (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
Cleveland, Ohio 44129
216-351-6620

Video Game Connection (near Cleveland Zoo) (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
4824 Memphis Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
216-741-7005

I have been there once and they have a large variety of games for most platforms IMO. I didn't buy anything cause I was looking for something specific and don't usually buy used games. Don't know if prices are good but there are occasional sales.

Also, not a video game store but BIG FUN vintage toy store on border of Cleveland and Lakewood (haven't been to the other Coventry store in many years) also has some vintage SNES stuff and maybe others. Games will most likely be overpriced and very used but maybe you'll get lucky. Always fun to walk through hallways full of 80's Star Wars, GI JOE and Transformers among others. They have a website, just google them.

I used to live down the street from Video Game Connection, its a cool store but hard to just browse games because there a couple feet behind the counter. But they do have a ton of games.

Also, a decent shop is the exchange. Multiple locations around the area.

I have a bunch of 360 games I'm looking to sell, Craigslist hasn't panned out for a me and the measly trade in value at GameStop has me resorting to this.

Columbus area cag, I live in canal winchester but work off Brice rd near 70. Any interest in these games let me know.
All Xbox 360:
Tom Clancy rainbow 6 Vegas
Tom Clancy rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Fight night round 3
The sabotour
Home front
Enslaved : odyssey to the west
Duke nukem forever
Rage
Pgr3
Pgr4
007 quantum of solace
The Bourne conspiracy
Wet
Gears of war
Gears of war2
Gears of war3
Majin and the forsaken forest
Singularity
Star wars the force unleashed1
Rockstar table tennis
Tom Clancy splinter cell double agent
Prey
Kameo elements of power
Battlefield3
Alan wake
Saints row double pack
Saints row 3
Alpha protocol
Shadows of the damned
Dues ex
El shaddai

Not looking to ship these, not really looking to get a ton of cash but more than what GameStop would net me. Willing to meet depending on work schedule, etc. I apologize if this ended being long. Email would be best way to contact [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel like I'm seeing the crazy good deals I used to. Kmart, Blockbuster, and Sears are all done. Clearance at Target and Toys R Us seems less hit and more miss. Where are you guys going for deals lately?

Rossford Ohio Walmart is doing a huge clearance of Videogames for 10$ sadly at this point mostly picked through so Xbox One mostly left:

Honorable Mentions:
Xbox One:

Rare Replay

Mirrors Edge Catalyst 
Trackmania

Gears 4 

Halo Master Chief

Forza Horizon 2

Any CAG in the Columbus area who can help me out with grabbing a clearance item at a B&M Gamestop location?

Not sure if this is the right place, but figured it worth a shot.

Yo! Discount drug mart has eshop, xbox credit, psn credit, and GAMESTOP gift cards for 20 percent off. Just got a ton of games during the b2g1 stacked with an extra 20 percent off and black Friday pricing. Crazy deal.

bread's done
Back