Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

[quote name='Ilario7886']Yea, I've used The Exhange for stuff before but rarely find anything there worth it. I guess I'm just looking for places that charge less than $5 for NES games. I'm too used to eBay I suppose but paying more than a dollar or two for NES games just doesn't sit well with me any longer. Same goes for SMS games.

I'm actually looking for around 45 NES/SMS games and around 30 SNES/Genesis games as part of a way of killing my backlog over the summer. Like a few games a day, just finally knocking out all that stuff I wanted to play as a kid. College will really begin ramping up for me in the next semester (presumably, though I thought the same for this one and it was easy) and I'm looking to be able to focus on just keeping up with current games as opposed to trying to keeping up with both new and old.[/QUOTE]
GameCrazy is probably really the place to go then. I'm not sure what's on your list, but they still have a fairly good selection of NES games, and many of those are under $5, as low at 1.99.

Chapel Hill Best Buy had 1 copy of Dragon Quest VIII left for the CC $9.99 sale (pricematch, of course).

Also, the Spencer's in Chapel Hill mall had 2 GC RE4 chainsaws for 1/2 off.

I bought the last DQVIII at the Tri-County Circuit City. Unless there are more in the back or something. I didn't really look at the other sale games.

I went to Target in Bedford to see if they had any DS Lites and they didn't.

I saw a post on IGN saying they had some DSL's at the Walmart in Macedonia. I can't confirm this though.

If anyone is looking for a used NSMB, there is a copy on the shelf at Gamestop in Bedford, next to Target. It's $29.99. Might be good for the B2G1. I'm picking it up at Best Buy with a gift card, or else I would've bought it there.

Just checked the Wal*Mart down the street from Cincinnati Mills/Forest Fair mall. Didn't see any DS Lites on display or anything.

Also checked Wal*Mart and Target off of Princeton Rd. Nothing.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'm looking for a very cheap FFXI and HDD combo for PS2. I only want the HDD of course.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion. This one is for the 360.

[quote name='botticus']Curious if any of the Columbus/Dayton/Cinci CAGs have noticed this or are enrolled in Best Buy's Reward Zone:

http://www.myrewardzone.com/ohio.jspx

To summarize, the program is free in those three cities (as opposed to a $10 fee), but instead of 100 points per dollar, you get 1 point per dollar; currently you receive a $5 certificate for every $150 spent, or 15000 points. The experimental program offers a $5 cert for every $250 spent, or 250 points.

I worked out the numbers, and it will be great for low-volume shoppers at BB since it's free, but if you spend over $1000 a year, you'll be getting fewer rewards.[/QUOTE]

I realize I'm bringing up an old subject, but I didn't see anyone clarify some things about this.

They started the change last November-- At first, I was very pissed off, because it seemed like people were clearly getting a worse return rate on things, and I paid for my card long long ago when I bought my PC (And as usual they kept extending its expiration date for free), and now people get them for free. They were even handing them out in the hours long line during the Black Friday sales.

But, that page doesn't mention some of the things the premier members get. Premier members actually get double the points on every single purchase in the store, and if you do the math, it actually works out better than the old way was. I used to have the exact figures typed up (As I was preparing to write a very nasty letter to Best Buy about how they were fucking people in the Dayton area over with their 'new and improved' program), but I've lost them since then. I ended up not sending the letter as they ended up bumping me up to premier level (for people who've spent $2000 + in the recent time periods) as I'd just bought my $2,000 laptop there, so it put me at the premier level, so I was getting a better deal than before.

It actually works out better for those of us who buy only at BB, versus the people that only casually shop there, because of the double points on everything.

*rummages around to find the old figures*

Old RZ: Spend $150 get a $5 certificate
New, Standard RZ: Spend $250 get a $5 certificate
New, Premier RZ: Spend $125 get a $5 certifitcate

Or if you prefer a ratio, CAGs in, say, California, can get 10 certificates while the lowly standard Ohio RZ people will only get 6 for spending the same amount. So I'd guess by your math, the only ones who are truely screwed over are the ones who are in the middle of $1000-1999. But those like me who sell their souls to BB get the best deal in the entirety of the country.

As for the CAG meetup, I nominate the Easton Town Center Gameworks (Columbus Area). On July 7th. Cause... I'll be there, with my fiance who's flying in from London, England. We're staying in Columbus the night of the 6th after attending a concert in the area then spending the next day at Easton. Yeah.
If that's not an option, the closer to Dayton the better for me, and I could provide... any of this and the consoles that go with. (And a 360 to be added to that list in two weeks.)

Didn't know about the Premier membership. I guess we'll see what happens if they extend the scope of the new program rules. More importantly, I'll have to see how much I've spent at Best Buy... probably not $2000 without a major purchase.

[quote name='jezebelseven']
As for the CAG meetup, I nominate the Easton Town Center Gameworks (Columbus Area). On July 7th. Cause... I'll be there, with my fiance who's flying in from London, England. We're staying in Columbus the night of the 6th after attending a concert in the area then spending the next day at Easton. Yeah.
If that's not an option, the closer to Dayton the better for me, and I could provide... any of this and the consoles that go with. (And a 360 to be added to that list in two weeks.)[/QUOTE]
Surprisingly, my fiancee and I have eaten at that Gameworks. Probably the only place I could say I know in Columbus.

But it would definitely have to be a Saturday meetup if we did it outside of Cleveland... I've taken too many vacation days already.

For any Cincinnati CAG's looking DS Lites, I couldn't find one on the west side of town. The Targets have them in the back but won't sell them. Tried the same thing with Sears in Colerain, and was told theres a lock on the item in the computer.

Medina Walmart has more than 6 in stock. An employee was indicating to some woman that it would be a good choice for her son. I didn't actually try to buy one, but I'm sure they would let me.

I had to go all the way to Florence, KY to get mine, these are the places I looked before that for all the Cincy people

Target:
Princeton RD
Voice of America
tri-County mall area

Walmart:
Tri-County
Princeton Rd
Tylersville Rd SuperWalmart
the one near Cincinnati Mills

Meijer:
Tylersville Rd
The one near Cincinnati Mills

GameCrazy:
Tylersville Rd
Winton Rd.. I think thats the road its on in Forest Park/Green hills area

Ebgames:
Voice of America
Cincinnati Mills

BestBuy:
Princton Rd
Tri-County

It was a pretty busy morning/afternoon.
NONE OF THESE STORES HAD THE DS Lite IN STOCK.

Where in Florence? My gf checked the Target yesterday and they said they were sold out and had gotten in trouble for selling early.

Called Target. They had it in the back.

Arrive at Target. No one around in electronics (as usual). Push shiny red button.

Old dude shows up. With the computer gun thing.

Show him that there aren't any Lites in the case. Tell him the number (actually inadvertantly memorized it... good thing I did). Says it's in the back.

Wait.

Wait.

Puts about seven DS Lites in the case. Sells me one.

The Target on Princeton Rd. in Hamilton/Fairfield Township.

Have fun.

The CC at Eastwood Mall has some more clearance games that I haven't seen before.

The ones I remember are NFL Street 2, 128 Ride or Die(or whatever the number is), World Championship of Poker, World Series of Poker 2, and maybe Wrath Unleashed. They were all for XBOX(the only system I'm interested in) and they were all $9.99. Oh, I think there was NCAA Football 2005 also for $9.99. I believe there was a $5.96 game also.

Folks in the Dayton area, I have found only one store with any on the shelf.

Meijer
Beavercreek 3822 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Fairborn , OH 45324
(937) 426-7400

This is the one beside Wright State University.

I already picked one up at target using the DPC trick, but this Meijer appeared to have around 5 or 6 of them as of about 2pm today.

[quote name='GiLL']Folks in the Dayton area, I have found only one store with any on the shelf.

Meijer
Beavercreek 3822 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Fairborn , OH 45324
(937) 426-7400

This is the one beside Wright State University.

I already picked one up at target using the DPC trick, but this Meijer appeared to have around 5 or 6 of them as of about 2pm today.[/QUOTE]
Nice to see another Dayton guy around. Did you find any other deals using DPCs?

[quote name='radjago']Nice to see another Dayton guy around. Did you find any other deals using DPCs?[/quote]

So far its the only one I tried.

[quote name='nnthomas']STAY AWAY FROM THE WINDERRRRS

THERES A TORNADERRRRR

lol[/quote]
I was about to ask where until I saw your location. Things are nice and normal down here in Cincy.

It pretty much died down, downpouring now and then

Here's what my backyard looks like (feel free to say hi)

lol2bv2.jpg

If you don't live in NE Ohio, you probably don't know the joys of the Norton Furniture commercials. Luckily, I found one to share with everyone!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmYo8Wfuk4[/MEDIA]

If anyone can find one of the ones where Ghoul comes out from under the couch, I'd love you forever.

[quote name='Genocidal']If you don't live in NE Ohio, you probably don't know the joys of the Norton Furniture commercials. Luckily, I found one to share with everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmYo8Wfuk4

If anyone can find one of the ones where Ghoul comes out from under the couch, I'd love you forever.[/quote]
That's crazy! I love it!

[quote name='Genocidal']If you don't live in NE Ohio, you probably don't know the joys of the Norton Furniture commercials. Luckily, I found one to share with everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmYo8Wfuk4

If anyone can find one of the ones where Ghoul comes out from under the couch, I'd love you forever.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: That guy cracks me up in a sad way.

This lack of a close CC sucks. They should move back to that place near Stow.

Wth when did they close the Circuit City in fairlawn?? Bah now its even further away lol

This lack of a close CC sucks. They should move back to that place near Stow.

Wth when did they close the Circuit City in fairlawn?? Bah now its even further away lol

You mean the Chapel Hill CC? Yeah I was pissed when I went there and it was closed. The closest ones for me are Canton and Aurora now. FYI, there are still two Driver PLs in canton as of Sunday. ;)

[quote name='thorbahn3']Newark, Ohio in the house. So does anyone go to video trader/trading zone?[/quote]

meh, IMO video trader sux. everytime I've been there, the game prices has been so high

[quote name='zebbers']You mean the Chapel Hill CC? Yeah I was pissed when I went there and it was closed. The closest ones for me are Canton and Aurora now. FYI, there are still two Driver PLs in canton as of Sunday. ;)[/quote]

Yeah it was Chapel Hill. I was going to go return something and saw that it was closed. Didn't even see any signs or anything informing of a closure. Seems like they just packed up and left. Canton and Aurora are too far away from Stow.

FYI, the Streetsboro Target has GCs for $90. It said the price was for a limited time, so you might want to check it out soon.

Meijer has some decent clearance items around. At least one store had 50% off display TVs. They had a couple 19-27" CRTs for less than $100 and a 15" LCD for just over $100.

[quote name='radjago']Meijer has some decent clearance items around. At least one store had 50% off display TVs. They had a couple 19-27" CRTs for less than $100 and a 15" LCD for just over $100.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, been considering getting a new tv for my living room as the current one has taken to making horribly high pitched noises at random times and is assumably on it's way out anyways. Havent been able to convince myself it's worth getting a new $400+ tv yet, but ~100 I think I might be able to handle.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Thanks for the heads up, been considering getting a new tv for my living room as the current one has taken to making horribly high pitched noises at random times and is assumably on it's way out anyways. Havent been able to convince myself it's worth getting a new $400+ tv yet, but ~100 I think I might be able to handle.[/QUOTE]

I've got a 36in Panasonic HDTV CRT that I'm selling for $400 if you are interested. It's a heavy beast though.

Any Columbus CAG's find a Xbox Live Camera at Toys-R-Us?

I was at the one on Sawmill today and didn't see any cameras.

[quote name='tilcfast']Any Columbus CAG's find a Xbox Live Camera at Toys-R-Us?

I was at the one on Sawmill today and didn't see any cameras.[/quote]

I checked the one on Hamilton and they didn't have any out.

Has anyone checked out the new FYE in the Mall at Fairfield Commons? Are they doing the Trade 4, Get 1 New Game deal? If so it could work nicely with EB's Trade 3, Get $10 extra deal just around the corner.

Awesome find of the month:

The Walmart in Xenia, OH has a bunch of clearance games for $12 in the aisle outside the electronics dept.

From the top of my head:

360 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Regular edition)
Xbox - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PH)
Xbox, PS2 -Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
PS2 - Ratchet & Clank - Up Your Arsenal

and a few other decent games which I can't recall.

And just because it caught my eye

GBC - Resident Evil Gaiden - $19.99

Wow, haven't seen this thread for a while. Anyone go to the Fusion tour concerts?

And anyone in the Hamilton/Fairfield area camping out for a Wii? I am, but I haven't decided where.

[quote name='Z-Saber']
camping out for a Wii?[/QUOTE]

While we're on the topic, anyone in the Dayton area camping out at a Best Buy for a wii? I'm planning on preordering just in case, at a nearby EB, but I'd really rather buy it at BB for the warranty and the reward zone points. The closest one to me is the one in Trotwood but I'm not sure I really want to go there alone as the neighborhood doesn't exactly make me feel safe on my own when it's dark out.

bread's done
Back