Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

CYRiX

Banned
Hey any CAGs from O-H-I-O? If so lets discuss all local(er) dealers here. I live in a suburb off of columbus. We can also discuss garage sales for charites and churches and such.

So anyone from OHIO?

so who of all these ohioans lives in cincy? i just moved here about 2 weeks ago and i have no friends and i have NO idea where to meet people, and i don't wanna go to a bar because you usually don't meet friends there. i'm sure you know what i mean. hopefully there's a cincy local on here who can help me out, it'd be much appreciated!

[quote name='radjago']I once read that Akron has the highest suicide rate in the country per capita. Is that still true?[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised as most parts are utterly depressing. I hate Akron.

I'm a cincy local CAG. Playin some bioshock now on PC and getting ready for fallout 3 on 360 after that.

If your new to cincy familiarize yourself with Micro Center, its being getting better deals on games recently.

According to there website they are still active. http://www.gamejunkie.com/

I'm not sure about the store, because i have never been there. But google has two listed stores, and it looks from there website that one of them is still open.

According to their site, they closed their stores at the end of June 2008, but they are keeping the site up for the community that formed around the store.

It's a shame that the store closed. It was a neat place to go that sold import, domestic games and other game and anime related items such as figures. I mean I can see WHY it might have been closed. Their prices for new and used stuff was a bit high....but still its a shame that its gone.

They must have updated the site recently, because when I asked the thread, they didnt have info up about the store closing and when i called the number in the phone book, it was redirected to a private line. Than ks for the info, guys.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I wouldn't be surprised as most parts are utterly depressing. I hate Akron.[/quote]
I'll be starting at Akron University next semester, going for International Business.

From a few semesters ago, I know what you're talking about. Akron's a giant hole in the ground, the center of town's decent, everything else is a ghetto.

[quote name='WTPolaris']I live in Dayton right now, but I'm actually moving to Cincinnati at the end of this month to attend UC. Been in state here for about 5 years now, Dayton's a pretty fun town.[/quote]
Dayton's a hole.

I moved from Dayton to Cincy about four months ago, after four years there. I also lived in Cbus for five years before that, and attended school there.

I technically live across the river in Covington, KY but definitely still consider myself an Ohioan.

[quote name='guruoftime']I'm in Cincy at UC (CCM) for school. I'm from Colorado, though.[/quote]

do you have any rock band nights or anything like that ever? i am always bored, and if you have one and need a drummer, i would definitely make myself available.

Originally from Indiana, but just moved recently down to Athens, OH.

I miss Indiana. There are like zero game stores or anything in this town :(

[quote name='lottidaryl']Originally from Indiana, but just moved recently down to Athens, OH.

I miss Indiana. There are like zero game stores or anything in this town :([/QUOTE]

Yeah Athens and most of SE Ohio is basically a whole lot of nothing - OU can be fun around halloween though :)

Delaware, Ohio just north of C-bus here. Any C-bus area cags have any pluck with Target? I can not for the life of me ever find any clearance games there.

I live in Xenia, Ohio (about 20min from Dayton). The town known for tornadoes and the movie Gummo (which unfairly portrays the city as a shit hole full of human filth).

I do all of my CAG shopping in Beavercreek.

[quote name='DaddySasquatch']I'm a CAG from Xenia Ohio. Playing Fable 2 pretty heavy right now. Shout out to all you Buckeye CAGs![/QUOTE]

Hey a fellow Xenia CAG. Alright! *thumbs up*

[quote name='thehoweller']I'll be starting at Akron University next semester, going for International Business.

From a few semesters ago, I know what you're talking about. Akron's a giant hole in the ground, the center of town's decent, everything else is a ghetto.[/quote]

Correct. I've had the displeasure of living here for the past several years and during that time period I honestly can't recall a moment where I didn't regret it. The campus is straight and fairly safe for the most part though with a rare cutie here or there (most of them Canton, Cuyahoga or Fairlawn bred). So long as you mind your own business you won't have much to worry about in other parts of the city. They're only half as dangerous as people say if you actually live there and pop off at the mouth.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I live in Xenia, Ohio (about 20min from Dayton). The town known for tornadoes and the movie Gummo (which unfairly portrays the city as a shit hole full of human filth).

I do all of my CAG shopping in Beavercreek.[/quote]

my friend goes to cedarville, so i'm up in xenia every now and then. you have about 3 stores that i always try to hit. that pawn shop on main street has some sweet deals every so often.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I live in Xenia, Ohio (about 20min from Dayton). The town known for tornadoes and the movie Gummo (which unfairly portrays the city as a shit hole full of human filth).

I do all of my CAG shopping in Beavercreek.[/quote]

I can relate to what you say. When they found out at work I lived in Xenia, one of the women I work with just looked at me and said "Gummo". Oh, shit.

Anyway, I'm sure we hit many of the same stores for our CAG deals.

[quote name='chimpster1313']my friend goes to cedarville, so i'm up in xenia every now and then. you have about 3 stores that i always try to hit. that pawn shop on main street has some sweet deals every so often.[/QUOTE]

Really? The last time I was in that pawn shop they had little to nothing good. I was there about a year ago looking at their used guitars and when I glanced at the games, it was all junk.

I used to go there many years ago and buy NES games for a buck a piece though.

By the way, I'm still convinced the Kmart in this town is the worst I've ever been to.

[quote name='DaddySasquatch']I can relate to what you say. When they found out at work I lived in Xenia, one of the women I work with just looked at me and said "Gummo". Oh, shit.

Anyway, I'm sure we hit many of the same stores for our CAG deals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my girlfriend is from West Carrolton and she thought Xenia actually was like how it was portrayed in Gummo (which is a horrible and pointless film BTW). Then she met me and came to Xenia and found out the opposite.

Never seen Gummo, but I dated a girl from Xenia... I'll leave it at that.

LOL actually she wasn't bad at all, just nothing there worth working for. And driving from West Carrollton to Xenia sucks. big time.

The Game Haven in Dayton is having a buy one get one free sale on used regular XBOX games this weekend.

Still waiting on confirmation but looks like next week all new games will be 10% off (and we do get most new releases).

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I live in Xenia, Ohio (about 20min from Dayton). The town known for tornadoes and the movie Gummo (which unfairly portrays the city as a shit hole full of human filth).[/quote]

Nothing personal, but I never seen that movie and that's how I feel, mostly due to my dads ex. Sorry for the crappy intro, but I'll try to keep my ear on the grapevine in central ohio to make up for it.

New store just opened up on at the corner of Woodman and Dorothy in Dayton where CD connection used to be.

It's called Game Swap, seems like a cool store, OK prices, guy running it seemed cool. They've games for all the new and old systems and some random ones (Sega CD, Saturn, Atari).

I picked up a mostly complete Virtual Boy for $40, and Baldur's Gate PC for $3.

[quote name='JDN169']New store just opened up on at the corner of Woodman and Dorothy in Dayton where CD connection used to be.

It's called Game Swap, seems like a cool store, OK prices, guy running it seemed cool. They've games for all the new and old systems and some random ones (Sega CD, Saturn, Atari).

I picked up a mostly complete Virtual Boy for $40, and Baldur's Gate PC for $3.[/QUOTE]

If that's with box, untorn eyeshade, unbroken stand, AC Adapter, and battery pack, that's a good deal.

There's a new-ish place around the corner from the old CD Connection store by the Dayton Mall called Disc Exchange. Their prices are alright and they have a decent selection, including lots of accessories and older consoles.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I live in Xenia, Ohio (about 20min from Dayton). The town known for tornadoes and the movie Gummo (which unfairly portrays the city as a shit hole full of human filth).[/QUOTE]

God, I hate that movie so much.

Southeast of Columbus here, found afro samurai for 14.99 at the OSU campus target today, good find as i found the demo pretty good.

Checking back into this thread, still from the Akron area.

I went to all the local targets last week to get stuff, and will again this coming week, so if any local CAGs are looking for something on clearance there, let me know and I will try to find it for you. :)

[quote name='JDN169']New store just opened up on at the corner of Woodman and Dorothy in Dayton where CD connection used to be.

I picked up a mostly complete Virtual Boy for $40, and Baldur's Gate PC for $3.[/QUOTE]

Old guy or younger guy running the place? They have these in Cincy and Northern Kentucky when I lived there, my feelings on the chain are mixed. Great deals on sometimes off the wall stuff, but sometimes, lousy deals on current gen.

Bucknut: That Target is BY FAR the best in town to get good clearance stuff.

[quote name='sav2880']Old guy or younger guy running the place? They have these in Cincy and Northern Kentucky when I lived there, my feelings on the chain are mixed. Great deals on sometimes off the wall stuff, but sometimes, lousy deals on current gen.

Bucknut: That Target is BY FAR the best in town to get good clearance stuff.[/QUOTE]

Younger guy, he had long hair.

FWIW the Half Price Books by the Dayton Mall is moving to Beavercreek this September. Awesome for me as that means it'll be a lot closer.

FYI, all Northeast Ohio CAGs, if you are looking for something that is in the Target clearance, let me know and I will see if I can find it tomorrow. I'm getting up and hitting all the Akron/Canton/Streetsboro/Stow/Niles Targets.

PM me if you want me to look for something.(I'll check my PMs before leaving tomorrow morning)

bread's done
Back