OK, it's gotta be that time again - post your collection pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hinkbert']Yeah I got lucky a few years back as there was an EB and Gamestop near me clearing out a bunch of old games, including Saturn ones. I was able to get complete copies of Sonic Jam, Virtual On, Panzer Dragoon, Astal, Galactic Attack, and disc only copies of Sonic R, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, & Shining the Holy Ark for about $5 each. I also scored a complete and like new copy of Dragon Force for $30. So all in all I was pretty happy during that time.[/QUOTE]
I still have the $10 copy of Dragon Force I bought off my friend when he sold his Saturn to Gamestop. I love that game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I still have the $10 copy of Dragon Force I bought off my friend when he sold his Saturn to Gamestop. I love that game.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I actually got pretty lucky snagging the copy of the game since I saw it before my friend did. We often traveled together to search for old games and whoever saw a game first had dibs. Of course he got really lucky on occasions, like when he found a $5 copy of Super Metroid.

I'll post more pics of some of my stuff later, but until then here's an old pic of some of my handheld collection. I've added some to this since the pic; I really need to update some of my photos.

100_7006.jpg

[quote name='gamereviewgod']All my pics are over on digitpress:

http://videogamecollectors.com/gallery/Gaming-Nirvana[/QUOTE]

You know, I was just about to hand you the crown until I saw the ferrets. While your collection is quite impressive, I'd bet my retirement fund that the entire thing smells like ass. I don't care what anyone says. Ferrets smell horrible even after being "de-scented."

[quote name='daphatty']You know, I was just about to hand you the crown until I saw the ferrets. While your collection is quite impressive, I'd bet my retirement fund that the entire thing smells like ass. I don't care what anyone says. Ferrets smell horrible even after being "de-scented."[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='Yko']Hello, I'm new here so you probably haven't seen me around.... This can be my introduction, hehe ^__^;;

I thought this was a totally cool thread, and it's really awesome to look at everyone's collections! I don't really have much, but it's still fun to look, right?

I hope the images aren't too big... I don't know how to do thumbnails or anything...

Picture588.jpg

These are my games... not too many new ones, but it's ok. Ignore the stuff on top... those are my papercrafts (print em off the internet and glue them together...) ^^;; I guess you can't really tell what games I have from this photo.... but note that I still have my Game Gear games in there! (haha)

Picture587.jpg

The place where I play games in the cold basement... I usually have the systems covered with cloth. The only reason the original Playstation is hooked up is because I had a mod chip in it to play import games.

Picture589.jpg

Oh, I had to take a picture of games that make me happy... (they get their own shelf because they are that special!) ~~~ Metal Gear

Mk, I'm actually about to move out of this apartment (as in, immediately after posting this, I have to take everything down and pack up), but I wanted to show pics of an updated setup as well as my computer "desk," which is exactly like my wall unit (built from the same essential pieces):

TVSetup.jpg

Basic updates to wall unit include:
Guitar Hero Shelf
Added more labels to the cases (in fact, I could use some help on this, I'll post more about it later)
Added Beatmania

I still need more black cases to put DVDs and such in (I'm going to get rid of the media shelf, it's not effecient enough), as well as an entire section to the left, but that will have to happen after I move. Hopefully in a few months I'll provide an update. Also, maybe I'll show people whats in the cases and give them some pointers on organization. :)

And my computer setup (I plan on adding another section to the left, where I'll eventually put things like printer/scanner/phone/fax, as well as a secondary computer that will hopefully be a Mac, or a dual-booting super pc):

PCSetup.jpg

I still love the trashcan. :)

Finally got around to taking pics of my current collection. Apologies for the quality (and the length)...

Start w/ the old
atari22vy.jpg
atari19xw.jpg

This is what I can currently find of my NES collection...
nes6cw.jpg

My scattered and old collection of GameBoy systems and games...
gb7sh.jpg

Virtual Boy. Yep.
vb3nq.jpg

DS
ds3fl.jpg

SNES, though I feel like I'm missing a couple.
snes16tr.jpg

snes24yh.jpg

N64.
n642vj.jpg

PS1, bad camera angle I know, but I don't feel like taking them off the shelf and spreading them on the floor.
ps112gf.jpg

ps120dq.jpg

GC. I have shelves on the side of my main entertainment center so that's why they're split up like this.
gc17hm.jpg
gc27af.jpg

gc31db.jpg
gc42yk.jpg

Lastly, the PS2 (Guitar Hero isn't pictured, but it slides in nicely on the top shelf in the 1st pic)
ps213zr.jpg

ps228qf.jpg
ps232hf.jpg
ps244ei.jpg

ps259jo.jpg
ps268ed.jpg

Wow, I think that is the largest collection I've ever seen without a single Platinum Hit/Greatest Hit/Player's Choice game. Nice.

[quote name='Stuka']Wow, I think that is the largest collection I've ever seen without a single Platinum Hit/Greatest Hit/Player's Choice game. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're right. I figured there would be at least one older All-Stars, but I can't find any evidence of that. Impressive indeed.

Also, what is that you are using to store the 2600/7200 games?

Oh yeah...I hope to have updated pics in the morning.

Damn, I wish I had a digital camera... I've got boxes and manuals for every single game listed in my collection :D

It would make alot of people weep, I think.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Damn, you're right. I figured there would be at least one older All-Stars, but I can't find any evidence of that. Impressive indeed.

Also, what is that you are using to store the 2600/7200 games?

Oh yeah...I hope to have updated pics in the morning.[/QUOTE]

No clue what Atari game cases those are, the labels that were on there have long since come off. I just know my parents bought them back in the day for me and I've held on to them ever since...

Some times I wish I held onto every game I ever had. Shit, I'd still have a TurboGrafx 16 and about 20 of the little cards (is it just me or are those the coolest game media ever), a mint Saturn with about 20 games including Burning Rangers (which for whatever reason I never even played) and my charcoal Dreamcast with the official Sega charcoal replacement lid/hood.

Update for new gear:

My PC

My Games Collection

My TV

That 10% off coupon for CC worked on the TV. Oh how sweet it is.

How does the PS2 look on the set(or on the Dell monitor for that matter)? I'm tempted to dump my original Xbox since it's such a big bastard, but defacto progressive scan seems like a big draw to keep it for whenever I upgrade.

The PS2 looked downright horrible on the Dell, but I think that was because for some reason the monitor stays at it's default resolution even when using composite, so the picture is stretched to like 3x 640x480. Haven't tried it on the new TV yet but after watching some standard definition TV on it I think it's going to look a lot better.

So no one else goes for cases / manuals? I won't put a game into my collection unless it has a case / box, manual, and a pristine game cart... I guess I'm just weird.

In other news, my collection holds its value VERY well.

[quote name='Simply Dave']Here's an old one of my NES gear. I've since added another 100 games or so.

100_7013.jpg
[/quote]

Jesus. Now in all seriousness and not trying to sound like a dick, but when you build a collection that large do you actually play them all at some point or at that point is it merely collecting for collection's sake? I'm qenuinely curious.

[quote name='Stuka']Jesus. Now in all seriousness and not trying to sound like a dick, but when you build a collection that large do you actually play them all at some point or at that point is it merely collecting for collection's sake? I'm qenuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

A little of both. I honestly try to play every single game I acquire; however there are a lot in my collection that are "one and done", meaning I played, it sucks and it was put on a shelf and will probably never be touched again until it has to be moved.

I keep all my boxes in the attic; manuals in a bunch of smaller boxes. I just don't have the room to store the games in their boxes.

[quote name='Simply Dave']A little of both. I honestly try to play every single game I acquire; however there are a lot in my collection that are "one and done", meaning I played, it sucks and it was put on a shelf and will probably never be touched again until it has to be moved.

I keep all my boxes in the attic; manuals in a bunch of smaller boxes. I just don't have the room to store the games in their boxes.[/QUOTE]

See, I don't get that... if it sucks, why bother keeping it? I'd rather have a collection of the best games then, say, 30 awesome ones and 30 shitty ones I'll never touch again. Or I'd rather sell the shitty ones to get money for games I'd play.

[quote name='Roufuss']See, I don't get that... if it sucks, why bother keeping it? I'd rather have a collection of the best games then, say, 30 awesome ones and 30 shitty ones I'll never touch again. Or I'd rather sell the shitty ones to get money for games I'd play.[/QUOTE]

It's all about the complete collection, bro. Besides, I already have most of the top games for most of the systems, so it's a mute point for me.

Here's another, old school style:

100_7711.jpg

[quote name='Roufuss']So no one else goes for cases / manuals? I won't put a game into my collection unless it has a case / box, manual, and a pristine game cart... I guess I'm just weird.

In other news, my collection holds its value VERY well.[/QUOTE]
I do that to a point... when I first start buying GBA last year, I thought it would be hopeless to try to get all the games complete with box, so I bought the occasional cart-only game. Then when suddenly I was able to acquire used Tactics Ogre, Metroid Fusion, etc, complete from GameStop and the like, I'm less than thrilled about the 7 or 8 carts I have (out of 40+ games). NES and SNES I don't bother with the paying an extra $10 (at the very least) for completeness; most boxes would be shit by this time anyway.

Current gen, damn straight they better be mint and complete.

[quote name='botticus']I do that to a point... when I first start buying GBA last year, I thought it would be hopeless to try to get all the games complete with box, so I bought the occasional cart-only game. Then when suddenly I was able to acquire used Tactics Ogre, Metroid Fusion, etc, complete from GameStop and the like, I'm less than thrilled about the 7 or 8 carts I have (out of 40+ games). NES and SNES I don't bother with the paying an extra $10 (at the very least) for completeness; most boxes would be shit by this time anyway.

Current gen, damn straight they better be mint and complete.[/QUOTE]

GB / GBC / GBA is the only system I don't bother with completeness, since even in the second hand market it's a bitch to get the stuff complete, and EB / GS generally has good prices for used handheld stuff and it's never complete through them.

For NES / SNES / Genesis / anything else I'll always go for complete since it holds its value alot better, imo.

Alot of boxes hold up rather well.. the only time I've seen boxes not hold up at all are Nintendo 64 boxes, for some reason, those ones don't hold up worth shit.

[quote name='Roufuss']So no one else goes for cases / manuals? I won't put a game into my collection unless it has a case / box, manual, and a pristine game cart... I guess I'm just weird.

In other news, my collection holds its value VERY well.[/QUOTE]

I try to have my games complete, always. Now I have three Saturn games I need to find manuals for, we had them back in the day. None of my N64 or SNES games have manuals or boxes, I really don't see the point (as I'm gutting half my SNES collection anyways). I just acquired a Sonic 2 for GG, still sealed. I thought about keeping the box, but why? 1 out of 5? I did keep the manual, though.

I have about 7-8 games I need to get manuals for, and other couple that I need to replace the cases (fucking EB stickers). That's about it.

And that has to be a bitch to get one of those Atari carts out. No custom shelving?

I'm creating a DPRoD collection soon...I found out I have way too many pics to post here.

I don't have a pic of my whole collection. My PS1, DC, N64, and other older system games are in a binder. This pic is my xbox, xbox 360, GCN, PS2, DS collection
Over the past year I have got rid of most of my collection.
Before
149198967_ORIG.jpg

This is when I first built my shelves. But before I got rid of my collection all of those shelves were filled to the end. The top two are DVD's.

After

This is my collection now after getting rid of any game thats not my favorite.

2.jpg

The bottom three shelves are games. Remember thats only xbox, xbox 360, DS, and PS2 the older system games are in a binder. To be honest though I rather have a small collection of games that I know I will enjoy. Instead of having a huge collection of games and only 10%. For example I have about 100 PS1 games and I never touch them. The last time I touched them it was when I was putting them in that binder 3 years ago.

[quote name='Simply Dave']It's all about the complete collection, bro. Besides, I already have most of the top games for most of the systems, so it's a mute point for me.
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's a moot point, not a mute point. Technically all points are mute, so you're being redundant.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
And that has to be a bitch to get one of those Atari carts out. No custom shelving?
[/QUOTE]

I would love to get some custom shelving for the Atari games. There is a guy over at Atari Age who made his own and they look really bitchin'.

[quote name='Roufuss']See, I don't get that... if it sucks, why bother keeping it? I'd rather have a collection of the best games then, say, 30 awesome ones and 30 shitty ones I'll never touch again. Or I'd rather sell the shitty ones to get money for games I'd play.[/QUOTE]

People keep baseball cards of players that suck. People keep coins that suck. It's a matter of having a complete set or collection and working towards it. It's a hobby that's no different than any others. There's nothing wrong with only keeping the stuff you like, but like any collection, you're always going to pick stuff up that you have almost zero interest in.

[quote name='daphatty']You know, I was just about to hand you the crown until I saw the ferrets. While your collection is quite impressive, I'd bet my retirement fund that the entire thing smells like ass. I don't care what anyone says. Ferrets smell horrible even after being "de-scented."[/QUOTE]

Depends entirely on the person caring for them. If they're not cleaned daily, then yeah, those little bastards can cook up some of the worst odors ever. When cleaned, they're fine. Certainly no worse than any other animal like a dog or cat. That, and they rarely get near the games. Most of their time is spent running around chasing each other.

[quote name='Shayde']Snapped a few pics:

Heres my entertainment center, got it about 2 years ago. Looking forward to getting a new one when I move out. (Hoping to find a nice smaller EC and something else to put all my games in)
fa144cb8.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Damn, I love that entertainment center. Not sure why, just really like the look.

Ok, these are my updated pics... I redid my whole room because I needed more room for everything and my room looked like shit. Took 3 freakin' days but I'm glad I got it done.:lol:

My personal entertainment zone... sweet, sweet entertainment. But crappy TV still.:whistle2:( Sorry about weird looking pics but my bed got in the way so I had to stand off to the side for most of the pics.

The media center: crappy 19" Sharp TV, Philips ProLogic system, KLH 3-way front left and right, Philips center and rear speakers (not pictured), Philips 50W sub, Astar Pro-scan DVD player, GS multiswitch :)-(), Dreamcast, PSone, PStwo, GC, and controllers/accessories.

Close up of the equipment. I love those 12" woofers...
No, those the middle sized Philips (the silver ones) left and right speakers ARE NOT hooked (that'd be overkill on bass- not to mention I can't hook them up).
Yes, unlike most people I leave my speakers uncovered. They look cooler.:cool:
Yes, this is an awesome sounding system for any WWII games. Or anything with a lot of lows.

My controller/accessory station. I got the idea of Velcro wrap all the wires from Strell (I think).

All my PS2, GC, XB, GBA, DS, PSP, DC, and DVDs.

All my NES, PS1, GBC (only 4, MGS got cut off from the pic), and GB games (only 2), plus 4 GBA games. I have more GB/GBC games but they're not complete and not in the collection.

My music CDs, PC games (all 2), VHSes, and a bunch of trading goodies up for grab. There are a few more things which are in the living room hooked up to the big screen or the oversized stuff (Donkey Konga, Guitar Hero, etc.) in my closet due to lack of space.

Now I'm just waiting for my new receiver (5.1, 500 watts!) and hopefully a new LCD. Then I'll be officially broke.:lol:

[quote name='Chacrana']Fine... I'll post pics today hopefully... there's gonna be stuff not pictured because it's not here yet, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

LOL. It'll be ok.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Nice set up there Vinny. That looks like it'll be off the hook when you get the receiver and LCD...[/QUOTE]

I got my LCD...:D And my receiver should be here in a month or so.

WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE CCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPYONS

And WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'll have new pics around Christmas time.

I love collections as illustrated stories ;)

I need to repost my collection pics pretty soon, once I've slimmed down a bit more. Dumped a shelf-worth of GC games and nearly as many DS/GBA games since my original pics. I will probably have to pull a Roufuss and have people tell me what shit games I still have though.

I know I don't have a huge a collection as some of you, but I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of some of my games.

OK, this might hurt. DVDs included for posterity.

Top Row

Second row

Third row

Fourth row

Fifth row

Last row

Closeup of last slot, custom Saturn tower

Box o' SNES, N64 and Saturn 4MB

Closeups of PS1, DC games

Not pictured - Real Test Drive Le Mans, Sega Rally 2 (just obtained)

PSP w/ accs, random game; Xbox w/ accs, random games;

GG system w/ accs & games; Handhelds;TV

Under TV; main systems

Older systems coming later

I'll finally post my pics. My games are all over the place (since I live in two places, an apartment and back home) and I haven't spent much money on good storage for games.

My PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, hooked up at my apartment on its TV.
AptB4.jpg

My PSOne, hooked up to a small 13" TV, in my apartment. My PC and desk is in the pic too.
APTC1.jpg

Back at home, I hook up a few consoles to this TV (Kind of sucks, but at least I can lay in bed to play games. Usually, my PS2, Xbox, and GC are hooked to it, when I bring them home).
BedroomB3.jpg

Pics from my basement (my 2nd bedroom at home, where I mostly hook up older game consoles).

My Playstation, SNES, and Dreamcast
BasementC1.jpg

One TV has my Turbo 16 Grafx and Genesis (very hard to see, due to my crappy digital camera) and the other TV has my Saturn and N64. I might re-arrange consoles this weekend, but this is current.
BasementC2.jpg

My NES and Atari Jaguar are hooked up to the small 13" black TV.
BasementC3.jpg

All handhelds I own
Handhelds.jpg

PS2 Collection (A-O), missing Ace Combat Zero and Drakengard 2
PS2GamesC1.jpg

PS2 Collection (P-Z, and Greatest Hits)
PS2GamesC3.jpg

Xbox collection
XboxGames.jpg

Gamecube Collection
GCGamesB.jpg

PSP Collection
PSPGamesE.jpg

Nintendo DS Collection
NDSGamesC.jpg

GBA Collection
GBAGamesB.jpg

Playstation RPGs I own
PS1GamesB2.jpg

Playstation non-RPGs I own
PS1GamesB1.jpg

Dreamcast Collection (newer games)
DCgamesBA.jpg

Dreamcast Collection (older games)
DCgamesWA.jpg

Saturn Collection
SaturnGamesB.jpg

Genesis Collection
GenesisGamesB.jpg

Nintendo 64 Collection (Most games do still have the box)
N64GamesB.jpg

Super Nintendo Collection (Some games do have their original box)
SNESGamesB.jpg

Nintendo Collection (Yeah, very small. Some games have their original box)
NESGamesA.jpg

Turbo 16 Grafx Collection
T16GamesA.jpg

Jaguar Collection (very small, lol)
JaguarGamesA.jpg

Older handheld game collections
HandheldGamesA.jpg

Some game console boxes:
Consoleboxes.jpg

Game Accessory boxes:
Accboxes.jpg

Status