Okamiden plush & pillows available for pre-order @ SOTA Toys!

nekobi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Just a heads up for anyone who was looking to get one of the Okamiden plush or pillows Capcom sold at PAX, the company that makes them has them up for pre-order here:
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

okamidenplush.png

Okami Plush - Pre Order
$21.99
Estimated Shipping Date April 15th, 2011
http://www.sotatoysonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=302

okamidenpillow.png

Okami Pillow - Pre Order
$24.99
Estimated Shipping Date April 15th, 2011
http://www.sotatoysonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=303

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IanKazimer']True. Also seems easy enough to get money back from eBay in the event of a screw-over. Fingers crossed either way![/QUOTE]

Yeah, both Ebay and Paypal both have systems in place to get your money back if the person is not legit. I rather take the chance with the person on Ebay than the Capcom store.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']UGH, I really wanted a keychain. Hopefully after they are released and preorders are filled, they'll have more....[/QUOTE]
I preordered mine back in February and still haven't received a shipping confirmation or anything. Will never do business with the Capcom store ever again. Love Capcom but their store not so much.

This might be worth noting... the Ebay seller has relisted the Okamiden Plush with a quantity of 100! So there will be enough for all it seems. Interesting

Capcom store already said they are going to get them, so I won't be too worry if you miss them right now

[quote name='62t']Capcom store already said they are going to get them, so I won't be too worry if you miss them right now[/QUOTE]

Seriously though. Go on Ebay. There is a seller selling them for $20+6 ship. To me this seems like the best option regardless (and you dont have to deal with Capcoms lame store)

Wow, the Plush sold out a lot faster than the pillow. I figured it'd be the other way around. The pillow looks so awesome, and it's fluffier, and the plush pales in comparison to the Japanese one.

I hope that eBay seller comes through.

It does look iffy.. Especially since the seller just listed 99 more Plushies and Pillows in his or her shop after they've sold out on the website.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Wow, the Plush sold out a lot faster than the pillow. I figured it'd be the other way around. The pillow looks so awesome, and it's fluffier, and the plush pales in comparison to the Japanese one.

I hope that eBay seller comes through.[/QUOTE]

I thought the pillow looked like a pelt. I'd almost feel bad to have one, because I'll feel like I skinned him.

I just spoke with the seller, apparently he ordered 480 of each. But yeah, fuck it, I'm going through Sota. I'm a CAG, but for 2dollar difference, I'm not gonna go though this guy.

[quote name='elessar123']I thought the pillow looked like a pelt. I'd almost feel bad to have one, because I'll feel like I skinned him.[/QUOTE]

xD I was orginally thinking it was a pelt too. That didn't deter me from it's fluffy, huggable awesomeness though.

is this really the same one they had before at the capcom store? It looks a bit different

ya.. i think this is the original one:
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2010/07/chibiterasu-plushie-will-brighten-your-day/

says its about 17.7 inches long (and looks big on the girls lap)

but the one linked appears much smaller and cheaper made... is this the same thing or a cheaper remake or what? I wanted one but not so sure now. I think there was also an adult amaretsu one but i cant find the link now.

I do recall a better example of the plushie with some girl showing it off (and a funny pic of her showing off the dolls little butt-hole =P)

[quote name='Kenshindono']is this really the same one they had before at the capcom store? It looks a bit different

ya.. i think this is the original one:
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2010/07/chibiterasu-plushie-will-brighten-your-day/

says its about 17.7 inches long (and looks big on the girls lap)

but the one linked appears much smaller and cheaper made... is this the same thing or a cheaper remake or what? I wanted one but not so sure now. I think there was also an adult amaretsu one but i cant find the link now.

I do recall a better example of the plushie with some girl showing it off (and a funny pic of her showing off the dolls little butt-hole =P)[/QUOTE]
These are absolutely the ones Capcom was selling at PAX East. It was already discussed a bit earlier, but these are different from the ones sold on the Capcom site in Japan, which is what you linked to. They are definitely smaller than 17.7 inches. I bought a plushie at PAX East and these are definitely the same.

I went ahead and bought both from SOTA. I already bought the pillow from that ebay seller earlier but in case something happens with that at least i got SOTA to fall back on. The extra pillow i might keep in mint condition if I get it from that seller.

Couldn't help myself, ordered the plushie. Been trying not to spend money, but at least it won't add to the backlog!

[quote name='Rave Child']These are absolutely the ones Capcom was selling at PAX East. It was already discussed a bit earlier, but these are different from the ones sold on the Capcom site in Japan, which is what you linked to. They are definitely smaller than 17.7 inches. I bought a plushie at PAX East and these are definitely the same.[/QUOTE]

awww, too bad. So these are like a cheaper, lower end version of the adorable Japanese ones? Hmm may still get one, but thats a bummer. I really wanted the Japanese one. Its larger size was part of the appeal! The stupid thing looked so adorable. I wish i could find that page that had a cute Japanese chick showing the thing off. Is there any place to order the Japanese one or is it gone/exorbitantly priced? Im worried that other than the size they also cheapened up on other aspects of it

I wonder if this version has the little butt-hole lol

I also found a neat adult Amaretsu plushie while searching that looked really neat as well, but htat ones long gone
http://kotaku.com/#!202813/tgs06-i-hope-this-okami-plush-isnt-for-humping

btw rave child whats your avatar from? I dont really recognize the series

[quote name='Kenshindono']I wonder if this version has the little butt-hole lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain about the pillow, but the plushie does. Capcom really makes a point of showing off that lil butthole.

[quote name='Kenshindono']awww, too bad. So these are like a cheaper, lower end version of the adorable Japanese ones? Hmm may still get one, but thats a bummer. I really wanted the Japanese one. Its larger size was part of the appeal! The stupid thing looked so adorable. I wish i could find that page that had a cute Japanese chick showing the thing off. Is there any place to order the Japanese one or is it gone/exorbitantly priced? Im worried that other than the size they also cheapened up on other aspects of it

I wonder if this version has the little butt-hole lol

I also found a neat adult Amaretsu plushie while searching that looked really neat as well, but htat ones long gone
http://kotaku.com/#!202813/tgs06-i-hope-this-okami-plush-isnt-for-humping

btw rave child whats your avatar from? I dont really recognize the series[/QUOTE]
This one is still super cute, although it's definitely not as awesome as the Japanese version. But really, what's ever as awesome as its Japanese counterpart? I think this is worth the price at under $30 shipped, but to each his own.

The avatar is Yui from K-On!

Damn, worst timing to lose my Credit card and to be waiting for the new one in the mail!

EDIT:
Says paypal at bottom but don't see it anywhere in checkout :/

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm not certain about the pillow, but the plushie does. Capcom really makes a point of showing off that lil butthole.[/QUOTE]

OMG Just got home and I am so buying one now! lol.

Seriously though, what is it with Japanese plushies and having the little butt-hole? My menchi plushie that i gave to my niece has a rather large one. She thought it was hilarious btw (shes 5)

Ah well, i went ahead and ordered 2X plushies (1 for me one for the little one) and 1 pillow. Rave Child is right, this isn't nearly as cool as the Japanese one. Why do they get all the cool toys and LE game sets?? GRRR pisses me off. I'm pretty disappointed at how small it is, and i wonder if its cheaper in any other regard. Still it is kinda cute

@Rave Child. Ah, i still havent watched K-on! somehow. Everyone seems to think its super tits but i just never watched it. Its been sitting on my HD for ages, and i even just pre-ordere the first US BD release (was on sale for 15 bucks) So i guess when that comes in i may finally check it out. I dont think we'll get the cool pink BD cases here though

Is the JP one even avalible anywhere anymore? Or just 2nd hand on ebay now?

[quote name='Kenshindono']I wonder if this version has the little butt-hole lol[/QUOTE]

Both versions have the butt-hole, I saw them at PAX. Glad I didn't bite on them at PAX, $40 each wasn't worth it to me and they are smaller than they seem in the pictures.

I wish the ears weren't so big. They make Chbiterasu look like a Chihuahua more than a wolf lol.

In for a plush. :bouncy: I wish we could buy that huge super-cute Japanese pillow but this will have to do.

So which will come first, this little guy or my Okamiden preorder with the keychain? Way to go Capcom. :roll:

Did anyone get there shipment yet? Can anyone post pictures?

How does the Plush look? Is this the same one that they were selling in the convention/Capcom? (Same goes with the Pillow)

From the website pictures, it doesn't look like the ones they released in Japan....which looks better.

[quote name='The Punisher']Did anyone get there shipment yet? Can anyone post pictures?

How does the Plush look? Is this the same one that they were selling in the convention/Capcom? (Same goes with the Pillow)

From the website pictures, it doesn't look like the ones they released in Japan....which looks better.[/QUOTE]

Right now they are taking preorders so I don't think there are any around besides the ones that were sold at PAX East. The preorders are supposed to ship on April 15th. I think you are thinking of the big pillow which is not the same as this one. I don't think this one is quite as cute as that but that pillow is basically the cutest thing ever so it's almost not really a fair comparison, LOL.

Are these actually going to be rare and something I can't buy later on? They've still got over 850 in stock. I'm not sure I should buy this now... I'd rather wait.

[quote name='Vinny']Are these actually going to be rare and something I can't buy later on? They've still got over 850 in stock. I'm not sure I should buy this now... I'd rather wait.[/QUOTE]

I would buy them now. Capcom said that they would have them in their store in the future but they would be in limited quantities. They want to keep the plushies limited an unique according to what they said on their Facebook page. So pre ordering now might be a good idea before it gets rare and more expensive. Plus the price is not so bad compared to the $40 they were charging for each plush at PAX.

[quote name='Vinny']Are these actually going to be rare and something I can't buy later on? They've still got over 850 in stock. I'm not sure I should buy this now... I'd rather wait.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... I was intrigued by the plushy toys (I have the key chain plush from Capcom's Okamiden pre-order). I pre-ordered from SOTA too, definitely not eBay (not worth the headaches), but now I see this on bigbadtoystore too:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=okami+plush

So, it looks like the plushy toys will be mass marketed, you might even find them in Toys R Us stores.

[quote name='Serpentor']
So, it looks like the plushy toys will be mass marketed, you might even find them in Toys R Us stores.[/QUOTE]

What Toys R Us stores? :lol: Seriously, I used to have at least a few in my area and they are all gone. Maybe that's not the case in other parts of the country though.

If they do that, oh well, SOTA still has the best price on them right now so why not?

It does seem like Capcom is trying to merchandise Okami more what with Ammy showing up in MvC3, Okamiden, etc. They'll probably make more games but who knows if they will be good or not since the original people won't be involved.

Adorable but 20+ for little plush seems a tad expensive to me, i would bite at 9.99-14.99.

[quote name='styl3s']Adorable but 20+ for little plush seems a tad expensive to me, i would bite at 9.99-14.99.[/QUOTE]

The plushes seem pretty big actually. Capcom says it's a bit over a foot long and almost a foot high. Not enormous but ~$20 is reasonable for something that size. Plushes are just sort of expensive in general most of the time, not sure why.

These things are just. too. cute.

I'm in for DAAAAAAWW~~

Hope these ship soon. They'd go swell with some of my other random 'lil plushies

bread's done
Back