Okamiden + Preorder Bonus Chibiterasu Plush Keychain $29.99 @ shop.capcom.com

Lately I've been paying full retail price plus shipping for games with too-good-to-pass preorder bonus. First, 999 + watch, then Ghost Trick bundle. Now may have to think about this too...

This^. I have also been suckered into buying this and the 999 bundle due to awesome swag. Never thought I would pay retail again but here I am letting capcom rape my wallet. lol.

Pre-ordered, because that key chain can not be passed up!
CAG is kicking my credit cards ass. :( I keep spending money because of this website! GAH!

Wow, that Japanese version is awesome! I don't think we're getting such treatment are we? I think the little plush bonus is already a Plus... How about that stylus?

[quote name='11440']This video gives a sense of the plush's size.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, that's an awesome special edition! I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat if Capcom released it here in the U.S. But since they won't, I ordered my vanilla version on their website for the key chain. I'll take what I can get when it comes to Okami freebies. :D

shipping to countries other than the US costs $23! (i'm an american citizen but unfortunately i don't live in the us atm. damn immigration.)
that makes it $50 just to get the stupid bundle. not sure if it's worth it for me. do you think the plush will cost more to get later?
if the plush will cost more than $15-20 later on on ebay then it'll be worth it, but i'm not so sure... this just sucks lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WhiteLens']THANKYOUTEN isn't working for me, do they only allow you to use the coupon for 1 order?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can only use it once...unless you clear your cookies, in which case you can use it again and again and again...

THANKYOUTEN doesn't work for me at the final checkout page. I cleared the cookies and applied the coupon. It stuck until I logged in. Then the discount disappeared at the final page.

Is it one per account only? I already used the same coupon on my Ghost Trick order. If so, I may have to create a new account.

Just wondering, if I do Ghost Trick/Phoenix Wright, MvC3CE and Okamiden all in a single order, do I only pay for shipping once? (Would order if I can get all three for only paying the 5.70 ground once.)

[quote name='n1c0']Just wondering, if I do Ghost Trick/Phoenix Wright, MvC3CE and Okamiden all in a single order, do I only pay for shipping once? (Would order if I can get all three for only paying the 5.70 ground once.)[/QUOTE]
Shipping for each extra item is like a couple of bucks, so you could save on shipping by combining items into a single order BUT...

Please Note: Orders with multiple preorder items will not ship until the latest preorder release date on the order. If you wish to receive items as soon as they become available, we recommend placing a separate order for each item.

Not sure if you can wait that long for the entire order to ship.

[quote name='eau']THANKYOUTEN doesn't work for me at the final checkout page. I cleared the cookies and applied the coupon. It stuck until I logged in. Then the discount disappeared at the final page.

Is it one per account only? I already used the same coupon on my Ghost Trick order. If so, I may have to create a new account.[/QUOTE]
In that case, try the code FRIENDSFAMILY. I found it online and I'm not sure if it's still active because I haven't tested it, but it was posted on Jan 14th so it's not too old. It'll also give you 10% off, if it does work. Pretty sure you can't stack with THANKYOUTEN, for anyone wondering.

FRIENDSFAMILY doesn't work. The cart took the code but didn't do anything.

THANKYOUTEN would apply but the discount would disappear as soon as I log in.

I guess it's time to create a new account with a new email address but with the same shipping and payment info. Stupid Capcom store. I thought it would be easier to manage all the orders under one account.

Thanks for pointing it out. Guess I'll split Okamiden and GT/PW into one order, and MvC3 into another then.

[quote name='11440']This video gives a sense of the plush's size.[/QUOTE]

Im now disappointed with the US version after seeing that video. Still worth picking up since I want that keychain.

Personally I went for gamestop. I'd rather have the stylus plus I was able to use my $10 promo code from when I preordered RDR last year.

Ruahrc

im getting both. its called support capcom and just preorder get stylus then return to gamestop. id rather give my money directly into capcoms pockets then gamestop.

OMG... I don't have a DS, but I'll be getting this anyway as a collectible. Okami is definitely one of the best games that I have ever played on my PS2. Pre-ordered!! :applause:

Isn't it too big to be used as a keychain?

The bonus for a $30 game is pretty sweet, but ultimately I imagine the material/details would be pretty cheap. Still haven't decided whether I should just stick with the simplicity of no tax/shipping Amazon.

[quote name='Antipodes']Isn't it too big to be used as a keychain?

The bonus for a $30 game is pretty sweet, but ultimately I imagine the material/details would be pretty cheap. Still haven't decided whether I should just stick with the simplicity of no tax/shipping Amazon.[/QUOTE]
It's more for the collection purposes than actually getting used as a keychain and dirty looking.

Does anyone know how good they are with release date shipping? I wouldn't normally care but I go on vacation 3/17.

Amazon currently does not have release-date shipping, and even one day shipping is estimated 3/17, which is iffy if I'll be able to get it before I leave.

Edit: Well, the experience people are having with MvC3 pre-orders tells me that, at the very least, release-date shipping is not guaranteed. I'll take my chances with 1 day shipping from Amazon and hope that it gets here before I need to leave for the airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the following email from Capcom. Hooray for overwhelming sales, boo for delayed adorable bonus puppies.

Thank you for preordering Okamiden!

Little Chibiterasu has been a very popular pup. Unfortunately we are facing a delay from the factory of a portion of the Chibiterasu plush key chains. They are shipping now but the delay will hold up some Okamiden orders. More than half of all preorders will ship by March 15th with Chibiterasu and we anticipate shipping more a few days later and the following week for the balance of all preorders. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation by the end of day on March 15th, it is likely your order will be delayed until more plush key chains are delivered.

If you are unconcerned about the delay do nothing; your game and Chibiterasu will ship together as soon as possible. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation by the end of day on March 15th, and prefer not to wait for your game to arrive with Chibiterasu, please remove him from your order and we will ship your game immediately. We will ensure that all those who remove Chibiterasu from their order will receive him in a separate delivery.

Thank you for supporting this great game and please let us apologize for the factory delay.

The Capcom Store Team

Yeah, I got the same bad news.

I wish they would have offered some sort of compensation if the shipment is late. Frankly, I don't see myself not complaining if mine were to be.

Capcom really doesn't seem on the ball for being prompt. Their excuses don't hold as it is their choice which manufacturer/shipping company they use.

According to Amazon, the two-day shipping for Okamiden will arrive release date.

I got the same email, but I am not too worried.
I do hope they fill the oldest orders first though. I've had mine in there for a long time, lol.

[quote name='trunks982']didnt they say they going to compensate for ppl who got their MvC3 orders late? what happened to that?[/QUOTE]

Here's the thread about the "compensation" on the Capcom unity message boards Link. Short version - they're still working out what the compensation will be. No one seems to know exactly how it's decided who'll get it or when they'll get anything.

After the entire MvC3 thing, I doubt I'll ever order from Capcom again. I don't want to give their shippers the chance to screw up my order as bad as they screwed up some of the other people's.

I also got it. This keeps Digital River at a perfect 100% consistency rate when it comes to finding some way to cause a problem with an order I place with them.

I fully expected something to happen, but I don't really mind because I'm not in a giant hurry to play the game.

Got the email as well, sounded like everybody was going to get this just in case...hopefully mine is on time, I preordered on January 17th.

[quote name='Fodder']I also got it. This keeps Digital River at a perfect 100% consistency rate when it comes to finding some way to cause a problem with an order I place with them.

I fully expected something to happen, but I don't really mind because I'm not in a giant hurry to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Digital River has always caused nothing but problems with me as well.

This disappoints me, because I only pre-ordered from Capcom to get the plush

Not that big a deal so long as the delay is within reasonable amount of time. Gives me slightly more leeway to buy Yakuza and Ar Tonelico 3 next week. Though I do hope those of us effected will get better shipping options like UPS Ground or at the very least USPS Priority since USPS Economic was a nightmare to track when they shipped out MvC3.

[quote name='FeathersMcGraw']I received the following email from Capcom. Hooray for overwhelming sales, boo for delayed adorable bonus puppies.[/QUOTE]

So they will ship the game first and then ship the keychain later? (Remove keychain on order list?)
Don't always believe Capcom. Remember MvC3 orders? Some claim that they never got the shirts, which they said ran out. Capcom offer a 50% discount on other shirts. Better off getting this game on Amazon or in store.

[quote name='The Punisher']So they will ship the game first and then ship the keychain later? (Remove keychain on order list?)
Don't always believe Capcom. Remember MvC3 orders? Some claim that they never got the shirts, which they said ran out. Capcom offer a 50% discount on other shirts. Better off getting this game on Amazon or in store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only reason I ordered from them was for the plush keychain. They better not screw me over.

bread's done
Back