OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Mobile AL was cleaned out at noon. They will get more games in on a truck at the end of the week.

I would love to get an Update on the Gulfport Ms location and Pensacola FL store.

I just went a few minutes ago. Although it was slim pickings I managed to walk out with 3 games. The people who work there were hiding them and when I asked they showed me the $5 games. Most were crap and I think they weren't showing me them all.

I picked up
Giants: Citizen Kabuto (PS2)
Rygar (PS2)
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (PS2)
Jet Grind Radio (GBA)

[quote name='multi']On as side note, I went to the Westminister/Huntington Beach CA, CC and they had pulled all these titles. There were people looking so (I believe) the manager came up and talked to me. He was nice and said that the sale will happen on that week it's supposed to. He pulled because of the e-mail he received from coporate. He showed it to me briefly and I notieced most of the titles we were talking about. He said that they will have them all out in a bin the day they are supposed to be priced at $4.99 and that corporate is going to send all the stores a ton of these titles to clear out of the wearhouse. He told me to go to the larger stores in the area because they are still keeping them on the shelves.

Hope that's some help.[/quote]wow

this must a an "early bird pre sale," and it officially wont be on until the 11th?

for such a common title my store had no Rygars ;_;

[quote name='silvahalo']Jantzen Beach on the Columbia river across from Vancouver. I dont want to wait another week and I have to work on that day too........

where are you selling your haul and how much for?[/quote]

That's Hayden Island; I was there at 10AM and I only picked up about 5 games. There was another guy (looked middle aged, suit and tie, said he wasn't from any forum) that was methodically going through every single shelf for titles. I think he was a reseller because he was loading up his cart full (even I didn't completely drain a CC).

Ouch, some of you guys have crappy CC's. The guys who worked at my CC were all surprised and impressed. I had a copy of the list with me, and one employees even asked if he could make a copy of the list :D

They were picking up games for themselves, then after a while they decided to make it easier for us, they were gonna move all the $4.99 games to a big bin so everyone could get them easier.

I have to say, I like CC a lot more now, they're definetly gonna get more business from me 8)

I got to my local CC today, saw another guy perusing the games w/ a piece of paper in hand, so I figured he'd heard about it to. He asked me if I knew of the sale & if I had a list. "I just wrote down the games I was interested in" I told him. I grabbed a number of games from the list & took them over to the car stereo dept & asked him to scan them. "You want to see the total ?" he asks. "Sure" I reply. All but 1 came up $4.99. I went back & let the guy who was shopping & let him know how I got the games scanned, then went to purchase them. I bought...
Crimson Seas (XBOX)
NFL Blitz Pro (XBOX)
Swat (XBOX)
Alien vs Predator (XBOX)
Ico (PS2)
Jet X20 (PS2)

Unreal 2 (XBOX) came up full price

Great find. I just picked up:

PS2
Metropolismania
Ape Escape2
Chaos Legion

Xbox
Dynasty Warriors 3
Aliens vs Predator
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Voodoo Vince
Gladius
Kung Fu Chaos

GC
Resident Evil Code Veronica

GBA
Jet Grind Radio

Oops, lost track of which thread my earlier post was in...

Actually went back, thanks to whoever mentioned Moto GP2 Xbox before, grabbed the last copy I remembered was there and which the "list-holders" overlooked with their outdated early printouts...heh.

So, now added to the backlog @ $4.99:

Moto GP2 Xbox (main target)
Wipeout Fusion PS2
Ford Racing 2 Xbox
Pro Surfer Xbox (had enough Tony Hawk types but at $5 why not try it)
Serious Sam Xbox
Quantum Redshift (had this earlier and traded, keeping this good game this time)

And finally grabbed this, which appears to be new to the list:

Eve of Extinction PS2

[quote name='crawlingpeter']when are they supposed to have them all in a huge bin?[/quote]

You know, I didn't ask because I knew what he was talking about from what people were saying on the boards here. Sorry. I was more concerned about booking down to Newport from Westminster/HB so I go out of there in a hurry. It's July 4th so PCH is crowded as hell with bikers and people waking to the beach. Lots of girls walking around in bikinis though, so it wan't too bad a drive! :wink:

[quote name='"p0tempkin"'][quote name='silvahalo']quote]

That's Hayden Island.[/quote]

awww crap, thats right....I forgot.fuck!

Grrrrr........ All I got was Pac-Man Fever, I didn't really want it but felt bad leaving empty handed. I saw an employee sneeking to his friend 2 games. I shoulda asked him, "Are those for sale too?" I live in Tallahassee

[quote name='Ebraum']I was told by management that this is a permanent mark-down on these titles & there will be more happening on the 11th[/quote]
HELL YES

[quote name='wrkh99']Mobile AL was cleaned out at noon. They will get more games in on a truck at the end of the week.

I would love to get an Update on the Gulfport Ms location and Pensacola FL store.[/quote]some games left @ the P'cola store. Me and 2 other dudes were there (even an employee) picking games. Manager said "limit 3 copies per title. I didnt ask whether or not another shipment will come

The games that were not there were:
Rez, Rygar, Vietiful Joe, Disgaea, & Ikaruga. GC title were pretty slim (i didnt grab any)

[quote name='Ebraum']I was told by management that this is a permanent mark-down on these titles & there will be more happening on the 11th[/quote]more games in stock? or more new titles?

That's BS to buy all the stock JUST SO you can make money off of other gamers by selling them at a higher price. That just rubs me the wrong way and seems VERY greedy. :(

For anyone who's calling me greedy, I do plan on gifting a LOT of those games. I've always been the cheap guy during friend's b-days, and a bunch are going to be getting Xbx and GC games this summer.

my take:

Xbox:
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Toejam and Earl 3
Burnout 1
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball

ps2:
Yana Caballista: Street Skater
Dark Cloud 2

me and my wife have a strict budget...only allowed ourselves 6 games, buuuuuut I found rez and my brother offered to buy us 2 more games if we'd let him pickup rez

i thought my take was all rather descent games...but my kid brother wound up buying 11 ps2 games [counting rez]

not a bad take all things considered

[quote name='Axess68']That's BS to buy all the stock JUST SO you can make money off of other gamers by selling them at a higher price. That just rubs me the wrong way and seems VERY greedy. :([/quote]

its not as greedy as it is illogical. dont get me wrong, if there were 5 copies of rez at my cc, i would buy every last one. (sadly there were none) but 5 re:dead aim? after listing fees on ebay, youll have to rape people on shipping to profit off it

I went back this morning and picked up:
CC Corpus Christi
PS2:
ICO

GC:
RE: CV X
Another Mario Party 4 for my neice, but the other ones I saw last night werent there.

GBA:
Phantasy Star Collection

Dynasty Warriors 4, Sword of Mana were both ringing up at 29.99 at the front. Which really stunk but oh well.

#1 -

I can confirm that Sword of Mana is NOT 4.99

Add Megaman Zero ***&*** Megaman Zero 2 to the list, for the GBA! I had a hunch, had them scanned, and voila!

Man, I'm running out a gas here trying to keep running for these deals. After reading through all this I need to go back and have more scanned. I need me some Pikmin loving.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Morrowind GOTY rang up 19.99....scratch that one off.[/quote]

There was a different UPC code for that one. The PH one (even though it said Game of the Year on the cover) had the same UPC as the orginal non-PH version, so that was still $19.99

AlcaponeXB I hit that Tulsa CC at 41st and Yale and the other one down by the mall last night scored 48 games, didnt take any doubles since I wasnt greedy. They have any extra gladius at either store? That wasnt added to the list yet when I went last night.

This sale is on right now for all CC that are participating. Several have already mentioned some stores cancelling the sale because the real sale is supposed to begin next Sunday.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']by the way...any1 else have that feeling like they missed something and have to go back? even though you know you checked everything...you still might've not checked everything??? its driving me crazy[/quote]

Yep, I had to wake up early today just to hit the 1 CC I missed close to opening, ended up being worthwhile, I got Metal Gear and Gun Valkyrie there, and I helped a couple kids and there mom find a few cheap gba games. Since I was already up I had to hit the other 2 CC's as well. In Sacramento, Arden and Florin are almost totally picked over, although I did manage to snag FF orgins, and Toe Jam. They also had a few GBA games. The Roseville CC only had megaman network, code veronica, and disney party last night, but they had a lot of them.

yeah, there were employees clearing them out into bins. My Circuit City had like 2 employees cleared out like ¼ of the shelves. They were all stacked up together at the counter. Also there were few customers digging through the shelves. Crazy stuff.. :?

I got there when the doors opened this morning. I picked 2 games from my list and had a guy scan them to make sure they were $4.99. He was a real lazy ass and told me the listed price was correct. I made him do it anyway. His eyes got as big as his stomach after he saw the price.

He followed me over and started looking over my shoulder and getting games for himself. I kept walking away from him, because if he picked up the last copy of something that I wanted (after looking at my list) I would have threatened to kick his fat ass.

I saw only one other person with a list. He was cool and told me a few that I didn't have on my list so I did the same.

I picked up

Xbox

Gunmetal
Crimson Sea
Legends of Wrestling II
Panzer Dragoon Orta
State of Emergency
Gunvalkyrie
BloodRayne
Spy Hunter 2
Defender
Robotech Battlecry
RoadKill
Crazy Taxi 3

PS2

Chaos Legion
Bloody Roar 4

I also got 5 PS2 games for a friend.

Last but not least I got the phone number from a dime worker at the 2nd of the 3 stores that I visited.

DAMN I feel like Ice Cube...Today was a good day.

[quote name='p0tempkin']For anyone who's calling me greedy, I do plan on gifting a LOT of those games. I've always been the cheap guy during friend's b-days, and a bunch are going to be getting Xbx and GC games this summer.[/quote]

Hey, buy what you like, all I ask is if you happen to come to Eugene CC, don't buy every last one of everything, leave at least one on the shelf for me. I'm the only one in this town (that I know of) and I only ever buy 1 copy of each game for my personal use. That'd be cool. If not, either way.

What is the status on....

Wario World
Rogue Squadron 2 or 3
Wave Race

any other Gamecube PC game in non-PC cases

I know Pikmin works, but do others?

I didn't get any games, about 50 of them were taken by this 30 year old guy who was with his mom :) . Even though i didn't luck out, seeing that grown man ask his mom if he could borrow some change for his games made my day

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='JAMMR']Someone told me the sale was this weekend only...[/quote]

real or imaginary?[/quote]
It was a CC employee and their manager, so take that for what you will.

I saw some ass show the list to the employees and then make them a copy. As soon as he was gone, they freaking jumped on all the games. *sigh*

[quote name='DantheApe']my take:

Xbox:
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Toejam and Earl 3
Burnout 1
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball

[/quote]

Do you mean Simpsons Road Rage? If it was indeed Hit and Run, I'm kicking myself, because I skipped over it last night believing it was full price! :x Please confirm which title it was.

The employees at my CC went and scanned through every single PS2, Xbox and GC game. Some others not on the list on the first page are:

PS2
Mad Maestro
Dr. Muto
Bloodrayne
Haven
Drome Racer
PK
Airblade
Commando 2
Maximo
Thing
Island Xtreme Stunts
Road Trip
Pryzm
Taz
Tribes
Sub Rebellion
Shox
Silent Scope 3
Summoner 2

Xbox
Lotus Challenge
Cat in the Hat
Great Escape
Italian Job
Gunmetal
Silent Hill 2
Terminator: DOF
Bloodrayne

GC
Disney Extreme Skate
Summoner Rebirth

Also most sports games 2003 and earlier were $4.99

[quote name='yeldarb367']What is the status on....

Wario World
Rogue Squadron 2 or 3
Wave Race

any other Gamecube PC game in non-PC cases

I know Pikmin works, but do others?[/quote]

Wario World rings up at $29.99
Waverace is $4.99

Yeah I nabbed Megaman Zero 1 and 2 damn good deals, I bought 10 games so far. I live in Central Florida (Bradenton) im going to go check the Sarasota store tomorrow, the only problem with that one is nothing is in place, no orginization at all. It will be fun to hunt though.

Anybody know for sure when they close tonight? The website says 7:00 but it might be different because of the holiday. If anybody knows for sure please let me know.

[quote name='suko_32']I'm just curious, when some of you guys trade in these games like the CC o nes, do you trade them in unopened or what?[/quote]
either way

I would make sure they accept the game before opening it. I wouldnt want to open it, take it, and get turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back