OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Well since I just about completely missed out on the BB sale a few weeks back,I more than made up for it today. Here's what I got.

Mom got for gifts:

PS2:
Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb

XBox:
Kung Fu Chaos
Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance

The gifts/extra stuff I picked up are:

PS2:
Disaster Report (this is for trade,sale if anyone wanted it,or a Xmas gift for my nephew)
ICO (going to Proven Failsafe)

Xbox:
Roadkill (Xmas gift)

Now....here is the list of games that Leslie & I are keeping:
(though I really want Secret Weapons Over Normandy for the Xbox...)

GameCube:
P.N.03
Resident Evil Code Veronica X

Playstation 2:
Zone of the Enders:The 2nd Runner
Rygar
R.A.D. - Robot Alchemic Drive
Chaos Legion
Parappa the Rapper 2
Ape Escape 2
Resident Evil:Dead Aim
Evil Dead:A Fistful of Boomstick
Metropolismania ($5 at TRU)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (for $14.99 for Leslie)

XBox:
Red Faction II
Legends of Wrestling 2
Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance
BloodRayne
Kung Fu Chaos
Aquaman (I'm a sucker for comic-book related games)

Missed getting Diseaga by like ten seconds. Oh well- I'm still very happy!
Mucho Thanks to CAG!!!

damn there mustve been like 4 at mine. But i started crapping my pants when I saw RE. Damn me all the way to hell. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up anyways. Im on my way there first thing in the morning.

(Btw, thanks for the compliment) ;)

When you go there its basically what ever you want or think will be 4.99 then go and have no shame and ask them to ring it up that's how i found a ton that were not on the list in the morning, but i see they are now there.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

This is the first time I've been on the computer all weekend!

Of all times for me not to check this site.

I will be taking a 10:00 lunch tommorrow. Although it's probably too late.

Has anyone been to the Arlington, Tx store?

Please let them be clueless, please let them be clueless.

Video Game Addict - Those all for you or any for trade/sale? Interested in Viewitful Joe. PM me if your interested in trading.

Cheers to CAG.

Reporting in from Nashville, TN, Hickory Hollow area. Someone wiped the place clean on July 3rd.. apparently, he didn't have an XBox, because I still managed to score a copy of MvsC2. Employees were VERY friendly, scanned anything I wanted, and even informed me of the $4.99 sale as I walked into the game section.

PS2: PaRappa The Rapper 2 (FS/T, I don't have a PS2, I sold it to my brother)

XBox: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Roadkill, Haunted Mansion, ESPN NHL Hockey, Star Wars: Jedi Outcast, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Hoo-ray, I can add Pikmin to my list. Nice how I got a $75 gift card in the mail on Saturday, it's almost gone now.

Edit: good deal, now I'm a CAG vet. Well worth it.

Has anyone in the Nashville, TN area checked out the Bellvue CC? I've been to the Cool Springs one and it was cleaned out of Nintendo stuff which is what I'm looking for.

[quote name='wEEman33']Has anyone in the Nashville, TN area checked out the Bellvue CC? I've been to the Cool Springs one and it was cleaned out of Nintendo stuff which is what I'm looking for.[/quote]

I was on my way to my cousin's, so I just stopped there. I talked with a fellow CAG'er there and helped him remember some of the PS2 titles, and he stated that he was also going to Bellvue.. maybe he'll post.

[quote name='Scorch']Star Wars: Jedi Outcast[/quote]
I think that isn't on the list. I passed over it. Another one to add to my list for tomorrow. I love CAG.

Well, just got back from 2 CCs.

Got, all for Xbox :

MLB Slugfest 2004 (not sure if anyone knew this was $4.99 or not, but it is)
MOTO GP 2
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Syberia
Dynasty Warriors 3
NFL Blitz PRO
Metal Gear Solid 2

And I got NHL Hitz PRO from the website earlier.

For anyone in Vegas - the CC on Centennial in Summerlin had 1 copy of Dynasty Warriors 3 left (XBOX), a few Haunted Mansions (XBOX), a few NFL Blitz PROs (XBOX), 1 Resident Evil DeadAim for PS2, 2 copies of Megaman X7 for PS2, 2 copies of Pro Race Driver for Xbox, and a couple of Maximum Chases (XBOX) and Metal Gear Solid 2s (XBOX).

The CC on Sahara had mostly sports games - 1 copy of NHL Hitz Pro (XBOX), a few copies of NBA Live 2k2 and other 2002 basketball games (XBOX), a couple of 2002 baseball games (XBOX), 1 copy of Aquaman (XBOX), and a couple of Metal Gear Solid 2s (XBOX).

The one on Sahara has them all in a bin by the cashier, the one in Summerlin has them on the shelves.

[quote name='Link127']
rsigley, there must have been a toooon of people there snagging extra copies of games and games they didnt even want.

WTF?? Freakin' people just greedy and want to EBAY stuff...[/quote]

I think there was just a lot of people. I walked in when the doors opened and there was me and three other guys going through the stuff already. I took just the stuff I wanted (GBA games since I just bought one and one GCN game), everybody there seemed to only grab what they wanted. I only saw one PS2 game on the list (DMC) and no Xbox. For GCN only one I saw was RE: CVX and Mega Man. The store only had excess GBA games I think =(

i live in maine, and there is like no one here from CAG (that i know of) except me and Greetard.... who also happens to be my best friend. haha so we lucked out pretty nicely and CC yesterday andw ere going again tomorrow. i got 11 games yesterday and past up another 10.... going with my updated list tomrrow!

I have a couple things to say. First, we make Spyro CAG of the year. Second, we make the CC clearance the deal of the year.

For the heck of it, here is what I got:

Boktai
Legaia 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Ikaruga (two of them)
Super Monkey Ball JR.
Mega Man Network Transmission
Guilty Gear X2

The original price of all of that would have been $276.92. I spent $42.64, for a total savings of $234.28.

My dad is taking me again tomorrow to a few more CC's.

@ukhoops, All for me :) I've been meaning to pick up VJ for a while now, that was the only copy I saw in the Macon CC

I'll probably head back in a few days check over everything again, I know I passed up several PS2 games like War of the Monsters Wild Arms 3, Bouncer, I'll recheck, if I happen upon any VJ's I'll probably pick up a second copy to trade here, I doubt there will be any thou.

But you never know, wouldn't surprise me if they have more copies of some of these games just sitting in the back somewhere.

Thanks, disreguard the PM I sent you, sorry to bother ya!

If you get an extra Viewitful, PM me , Im trying to get that one badly. My CC didnt have one. :(

[quote name='rabbitt']I have a couple things to say. First, we make Spyro CAG of the year. Second, we make the CC clearance the deal of the year.
[/quote]

Yeah thanks Spyro. This was an absolute great weekend that hasnt ended yet :D

Well I got Dynasty Warriors 3, Moto GP 2, MLB Slugfest 2004, Wakeboarding Unleashed, NFL Blitz Pro, MGS 2, and Syberia, all for Xbox.

By the way, I didn't read through this whole thread, so add MLB Slugfest 2004 to the Xbox list if someone hasn't added it already.

:)

How wide spread does the situation seem to be of stores pulling games off the shelves?

I'm hoping that maybe my store hasn't and that there aren't enough cheapasses in my area that it's been raided.

Oh well. I guess I'll find out tommorrow.

[quote name='ukhoops']Slugfest 20-04 is 4.99? gotta go back and check tomorrow for that one. It is 04, not Slugfest:loaded right?[/quote]

It's this one :

232999.jpg

[quote name='Yeahman']How wide spread does the situation seem to be of stores pulling games off the shelves?

I'm hoping that maybe my store hasn't and that there aren't enough cheapasses in my area that it's been raided.

Oh well. I guess I'll find out tommorrow.[/quote]

Well think about it this way :

When I first heard about the sale I went to CC yesterday afternoon. The one I went to had multiple copies (at least 15) of both Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Haunted Mansion for Xbox. I didn't pick them up at the time because I wasn't sure I wanted them. When I went back today, less than 24 hours later, they were GONE. The CC employees told me people had already picked through most of the games a few times. I was lucky to get what I got - even the employees were buying stuff. There won't be anything left within a few days.

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='Scorch']Star Wars: Jedi Outcast[/quote]
I think that isn't on the list. I passed over it. Another one to add to my list for tomorrow. I love CAG.[/quote]

Proof that I'm not BSing you (Sorry for the quality, no scanner so I'm holding my webcam over the stuff and hitting print scrn in yahoo webcam :D)

cc.jpg

cc2.jpg

[quote name='"ukhoops"']Slugfest 20-04 is 4.99? gotta go back and check tomorrow for that one. It is 04, not Slugfest:loaded right?[/quote]

I can personally confirm that MLB Slugfest 2004 (Jim Edmonds on the Cover) for the PS2 rang for me @ $4.99. I just took a guess when I went for the umpteenth time today. Also can anyone else confirm Maximum Chase for Xbox for $4.99 and it is any good?

Project Number 3
Dead to Rights
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Mega Man Zero
Fzero Maximum Velocity
Shining Soul

30 bucks

I dont know if they'll pull games at mine. My older sister was just there about 45 minutes to get a few of those Disney games at 4.99 and she told me that most of the stuff was there. Im hoping this is true so i can go morrow and get a few games for a few CAG.

Can anyone Please, PLEASE direct me to a link to THE MOST COMPLETE LIST for this sale...I'm too beat and brain farted from all the shopping to find it...Mucho thanks in advance....

Despite geting to CC a day late and an hour late today because the stores opened at 10 AM instead of 11 AM as their ad indicated, I did pretty well.

I hit a total of nine locations in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties for approximately 200 games. I won't know the exact number until I check all the details and too damn tired right now.

Obviously many of those games were duplicates and that is the beauty of my work. All of the CC stores I visited added uniques titles to my collection so all were worth the drive. To my good fortune a prominent independent store near me had quite favorable prices for buying these games as used. So I already sold off about 70 games for $8 to $10 each. This covered all my gas and paid for a good chunk of the games I'm keeping. This store will only buy one copy of a title at a time so I have to go back tomorrow to move a bunch more. I also need to spend a few minutes with some of the more dubious titles that can also be sold to this store for a quick profit.

By my preliminary estimate, if I keep about 40 games for my library and sell the rest my final cost for those games will be around $2 each.

And of course I did all of this using my handy TRU Visa credit card so I'll have earned about $9 of TRU store credit for the day's efffort on top of the massive expansion to my game library.

Ok you can add the follwing:

GC
Dead to Rights
Legends of Wrestling 2
Spongebob Squarepants flying dutchman

Xbox
Oddworld munches oddysee

PS2
Dark Cloud
Pride Fc
Rugby 2k4
Tribes Aeriel assualt

[quote name='epobirs']I hit a total of nine locations in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties for approximately 200 games.[/quote]

22 games a store? You asshole.

right on scorch that right there is wrong.

any way on a lighter note, after a few weeks of crappy newspaper ads, this CC sale sure makes up for it!!!!! :)

[quote name='Scorch']Cheers to CAG.

Reporting in from Nashville, TN, Hickory Hollow area. Someone wiped the place clean on July 3rd.. apparently, he didn't have an XBox, because I still managed to score a copy of MvsC2. Employees were VERY friendly, scanned anything I wanted, and even informed me of the $4.99 sale as I walked into the game section.

PS2: PaRappa The Rapper 2 (FS/T, I don't have a PS2, I sold it to my brother)

XBox: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Roadkill, Haunted Mansion, ESPN NHL Hockey, Star Wars: Jedi Outcast, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance[/quote]

1) It was I, sort of -- http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=256895#256895 . When I informed the employees about the sale, some of them were even happier about it than I was, and they started looking for games themselves, although none of them seemed like they were hoarding. At the time that I hit the store, my list was missing about 70 games. I was there from 9PM to close, so aside from myself, the employees, and a couple of customers who I don't think bought anything, no one else had been there that knew about the sale before 11AM today.

2) I do have an Xbox, but, even though I bought 47 games, I tried not to be greedy by hoarding multiple copies. I got myself one copy of MvsC2. I think there were a few games of which I did get multiples with the intent of selling/trading to CAGs. I picked up a couple DOA:XBV because I knew the demand was pretty high on here. I have already sold one to one local CAG, and promised the other to another local CAG -- both at cost. If there is something specific you were looking for, let me know, and perhaps we can work something out. Local sales/trades are easier, and usually cheaper (you aren't getting my Disgaea, or PSO I&II, though).

3) Regarding Bellevue, I didn't get a chance to check that one, but if it is anything like it was during the January clearance, they probably still have some stuff. That store doesn't seem to get a lot of action.

4) Weeman: I was at the Cool Springs CC this morning at store opening (they didn't know about the sale yet at that point). Smaller scale version of what happened when they found out at Hickory Hollow. Their GC selection was sad to begin with. I didn't pick up a single GC game from there, although they did have one copy of Ikaruga (I almost bought it even though I already have it), and I handed the only copy of Skies of Arcadia: Legends to someone who was asking for advice. I think they also had one copy of Nascar Dirt to Daytona, but I had bought one from Hickory Hollow the night before.

ur what makes us all get the crappy games. I went to circuitcity for like 5 games that i wanted to keep it it was soome fuckface like you who went and bought all the good ones just to make a quick profit. sorry if i sound pissed but i am. Its people like you who ruin it for the rest of us

Im talking about epobirs

Wow, Ridonculous. I'm both Jealous of all of you (since I had it within the reach of my grasp before that ho of a manager stopped me from 450 dollars worth of gaming goodness), and proud that you all made the jaunt this far.

I'm going out again tomorrow to see if I can't get to a few more CCs in the area, Hopefully i'll be able to swing the deal properly. If not, I'll just complain, price is what it says on the computer screen.

If there are any CAGs looking to go in a round-trip tomorrow getting games in Central PA, give me a PM.

2) I do have an Xbox, but, even though I bought 47 games, I tried not to be greedy by hoarding multiple copies. I got myself one copy of MvsC2. I think there were a few games of which I did get multiples with the intent of selling/trading to CAGs. I picked up a couple DOA:XBV because I knew the demand was pretty high on here. I have already sold one to one local CAG, and promised the other to another local CAG -- both at cost. If there is something specific you were looking for, let me know, and perhaps we can work something out. Local sales/trades are easier, and usually cheaper (you aren't getting my Disgaea, or PSO I&II, though).

Well thanks for leaving that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for me, I appreciate it. I was thrilled to find it. DOA XBV was another I was looking for. I'll be there next Sunday morning with $100.

PS. I don't want your Disgaea or PSO I&II.

Maybe someone should start up a what can you do with your crappy CC games no one will trade you for thread. Here's what I did:

Traded in Resident Evil Code Veronica, Dead Aim, PN03, Devil May Cry, and Syberia and got Tales of Symphonia for free (They have some deal, trade in games each one gives you $10 towards it if it's under $10)

For some reason none of these games were on the exclusion list so basically got Tales of Symphonia for half price. Not bad considering I was planning on buying it for $50 anyway and the games I traded were trash

[quote name='guessed']
3) Regarding Bellevue, I didn't get a chance to check that one, but if it is anything like it was during the January clearance, they probably still have some stuff. That store doesn't seem to get a lot of action.

4) Weeman: I was at the Cool Springs CC this morning at store opening (they didn't know about the sale yet at that point). Smaller scale version of what happened when they found out at Hickory Hollow. Their GC selection was sad to begin with. I didn't pick up a single GC game from there, although they did have one copy of Ikaruga (I almost bought it even though I already have it), and I handed the only copy of Skies of Arcadia: Legends to someone who was asking for advice. I think they also had one copy of Nascar Dirt to Daytona, but I had bought one from Hickory Hollow the night before.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw one copy of both Ikaruga and Skies of Arcadia at that location a few weeks ago and was disappointed that they weren't there today.

I guess I will be heading out to the Bellevue CC tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM.

I asked an employee at CC if they had Viewtiful Joe. The guy said, "NO!" right away without even looking. After I walk off (I could still hear them), he turns to the other employee and says, "I know because I bought all eight copies, they were only $5 each!". :evil:

[quote name='bradr']I asked an employee at CC if they had Viewtiful Joe. The guy said, "NO!" right away without even looking. After I walk off (I could still hear them), he turns to the other employee and says, "I know because I bought all eight copies, they were only $5 each!". :evil:[/quote]

That sucks... :?

[quote name='bradr']I asked an employee at CC if they had Viewtiful Joe. The guy said, "NO!" right away without even looking. After I walk off (I could still hear them), he turns to the other employee and says, "I know because I bought all eight copies, they were only $5 each!". :evil:[/quote]

Yes certain CC employees need to be punched in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back